Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
cobbcollector

Exclamation Answer me this: Trading Rule

Whats your opinion?

DAY 1 PM
trader #1 offers card "x" and says select another card from my bucket $10-$15 sv to trader #2 for card "y". trader #2 says he will check bucket and get back to him
DAY 2
Trader#1 pm's trader #2 and says the deal is no longer good because prices increased on ebay overnight.

TRADER #1 is gingerscards

Last edited by cobbcollector; 11-05-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added the traders name!
cobbcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
thrillers

Trader #1 is a donk
thrillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
frostyagain

Sounds like somebody had a doug martin auto....
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
cobbcollector

no doug martin...is trader #1 in the wrong? would you do business with this trader?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
gingerscards
Banned

this belongs in feedabck forum and so everyone knows what your doing here is the deal

you was online with me at that time so there is no excuse why you couldnt get back to me that night ( after going back and forth several times) , second this discussiom on the Cobb SPA is 5 months old and you still are dragging your feet with it even last night ( so I dont have to sit around and wait on you I also dont have to sell to you or trade if I dont want to , that is my decision not yours) , and last but not least MODS can do nothing , it is my card I do what I want with it and I ask what I want for it , end of that story , so your thread asking people for a sympathy opinion is fruitless and contacting to mods is also fruitless as I never gave the final agreement on a deal , you didnt pick another card and you didnt contact me , and yes if a card goes up on ebay in one night then I re-adjust to the current value , happens the same way if a card goes down but I dont see you complaining about that , welcome to my ignore list dont ever contact me again for anything thank you , and you can forward this to the mods also , wont change anything I do what I want with my cards ,not what you want , and several times I told you what I paid for it and you continued to lowball me on it and give me your reasonning for it , thats another reason I declined the potential for a deal ,
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
cobbcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillers View Post
Trader #1 is a donk
yeah may want to block gingerscards
Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
frostyagain

It depends what his card was. If it went up by over $75, I personally wouldn't blame him. Also, he hadn't agreed to any trade, and no cards were aligned yet. I wouldn't hold it against him depending on what the card was.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
cobbcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerscards View Post
this belongs in feedabck forum and so everyone knows what your doing here is the deal

you was online with me at that time so there is no excuse why you couldnt get back to me that night ( after going back and forth several times) , second this discussiom on the Cobb SPA is 5 months old and you still are dragging your feet with it even last night ( so I dont have to sit around and wait on you I also dont have to sell to you or trade if I dont want to , that is my decision not yours) , and last but not least MODS can do nothing , it is my card I do what I want with it and I ask what I want for it , end of that story , so your thread asking people for a sympathy opinion is fruitless and contacting to mods is also fruitless as I never gave the final agreement on a deal , you didnt pick another card and you didnt contact me , and yes if a card goes up on ebay in one night then I re-adjust to the current value , happens the same way if a card goes down but I dont see you complaining about that , welcome to my ignore list dont ever contact me again for anything thank you , and you can forward this to the mods also , wont change anything I do what I want with my cards ,not what you want , and several times I told you what I paid for it and you continued to lowball me on it and give me your reasonning for it , thats another reason I declined the potential for a deal ,
really? you would entertain offers from me for 5 months straight? i think not.
the night before you said add a $15 card in SV from your bucket and today you say nevermidn its going on ebay and the deal is no good. my bad for having a life and not getting back to you before the stroke of midnight. i have a full time job anda family thats more important than cards. what you did was sketchy and greedy. its not like linsanity where prices soared overnight or a record was broken, etc, etc. you got greedy. plain and simple
Old 11-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #9
cobbcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyagain View Post
It depends what his card was. If it went up by over $75, I personally wouldn't blame him. Also, he hadn't agreed to any trade, and no cards were aligned yet. I wouldn't hold it against him depending on what the card was.
yes he did agree on his randall cobb auto rc jsy for my topps chrome aaron rodgers rc and i could pick another $15 sv card to go with it. ive got the PM still.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
gdawg

personally , i feel that it he has the right to say its not available anymore at any point up until when the final trade was formally agreed upon and accepted. If you still had to pick another card, the trade was not official yet, thus IMO he has the right to say nevermind

I am bcct12 on FeeBay (330+ feedback 100%)
I am bcct12 Sports on SCF (60+ feeback 100%)
gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
gingerscards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbcollector View Post
yes he did agree on his randall cobb auto rc jsy for my topps chrome aaron rodgers rc and i could pick another $15 sv card to go with it. ive got the PM still.
no I didnt agree I told you to look for another card in the range of 10 to 15 ,it was at that point we had several pms back and forth on the card and it was the same way the last 10 times over the last 5 months talking to you about this card , so until you picked another card and we discussed it nothing was agreed on , it was open as all trade or sale talks are until it is agreed by both , that never happen , you lowballed me everytime on this card ,claiming it sells for $30 to $40 and well the Letter patch rc autos dont sell for $30 to $40 they have all gone for more ,

it is real simple , my card , I do what I want with it , ask what I want for it , and trade or sell to who I want to , not what you want or say

your lowballing tactics are well known here , just look at the boards tonight there is a cobb rc auto lot a guy is asking 150 for and it is worth it , your offer $100 lol , crying to the boards isnt gonna help ya here ,
Old 11-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
cobbcollector

good try bro, but that guy pm'd me and said $100 was good! OBO means OBO! its not lowballing when you offer 67% of asking price!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
gingerscards
Banned

whatever, I just forwarded the last nasty message you sent me to Iluvfish ,I hope you enjoy your suspension vacation , you have no right to call me names or use derrogatory language towards or at me ,
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #14
Andrew Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerscards View Post
whatever, I just forwarded the last nasty message you sent me to Iluvfish ,I hope you enjoy your suspension vacation , you have no right to call me names or use derrogatory language towards or at me ,
Oh the irony.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
Clarka3

am i the only person that won't back out of a deal if i get a better offer after saying yes to somebody else?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

So lets say you couldn't find a card for $15 that you liked - would you have held the trade open until he got something worth $15 that you did want?

Just curious. It goes both ways. Nothing stops either from "backing out" since there wasn't a final trade agreed to.

It might be lame I agree - but I'd be curious the reaction if you hadn't found a $15 card you wanted...

Just asking. I don't have a horse in this race.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #17
sdoug76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
am i the only person that won't back out of a deal if i get a better offer after saying yes to somebody else?
Slightly different since mine was a sale and not trade. But listed a Doug Martin finest auto/patch /50 last night AFTER the game for $37.00 I was making less then $7.00. But I like to pass along a (in this case decent) deal when I can.

It sold in in minutes. I posted sold in the post but 2 members PM'd me one offering $20 more the other $15 more then what I sold it for.

But since I told the first memeber it was sold to him, it went out in the mail to him this morning!
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
gingerscards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
So lets say you couldn't find a card for $15 that you liked - would you have held the trade open until he got something worth $15 that you did want?

Just curious. It goes both ways. Nothing stops either from "backing out" since there wasn't a final trade agreed to.

It might be lame I agree - but I'd be curious the reaction if you hadn't found a $15 card you wanted...

Just asking. I don't have a horse in this race.

so everyone knows , NO he never PMed me back with a choice of card nor did he PM me back that night at all yet he had allot of time to PM several times to ask for the card , so in his mind a deal was concrete , but the real truth is it was still in discussion as he never choose a card , so the backing out statement is false ,
and just like you said there was no final agreement ever ,

and for it being lame I changed my mind , sorry your wrong there , my cards, so can I do ,choose and price the way I want to , my cards , my money that bought them , and when I players cards go up in prices I adjust ,it is the same when a players cards go down ,I will adjust that way also ,

Ill say again it is my choice , my card
Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #19
gingerscards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug76 View Post
Slightly different since mine was a sale and not trade. But listed a Doug Martin finest auto/patch /50 last night AFTER the game for $37.00 I was making less then $7.00. But I like to pass along a (in this case decent) deal when I can.

It sold in in minutes. I posted sold in the post but 2 members PM'd me one offering $20 more the other $15 more then what I sold it for.

But since I told the first memeber it was sold to him, it went out in the mail to him this morning!
nothing wrong with that as I have done that myself , but here it is different ,there was no final sale or trade agreement it was still in discussion , I didnt make a decision ,

he thinks becasue I said look for another card in the 10 to 15 dollar range it meant the deal was done , no it wasnt because I still had to agree on the choice of card he made as to whether or not I wanted to do the deal , thats where it ended and is still at or was until he acted out and then called me a derrogatory name in PM , which I forwarded to Iluvfish ,
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #20
Imac7065
Banned

Wasn't gingercards an elderly woman the last time they had an issue? Now they are a man? Hmm
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
obadger

When will these butt-hurt threads end Maybe BO can include a free crying towel with every new membership in 2013.
obadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #22
KevJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
When will these butt-hurt threads end Maybe BO can include a free crying towel with every new membership in 2013.
Better include 2 its getting worse and worse!

Kevin
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #23
bigbensbff

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by obadger View Post
Answer me this!

God bless

Always Buying Football Lots, Buckets, Collections
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #24
jimssouvenirs

Deal wasn't complete yet, he was still "getting back to you" - so when he did, he had changed his mind. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
nuccionino
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
Deal wasn't complete yet, he was still "getting back to you" - so when he did, he had changed his mind. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
I agree. No deal was set. Still a bunch of back and forthness.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote