Basketball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Default Team Collectors - Question for You

Just a quick question. When you have a guy who has rookie cards in another team's uniform, what do you do? Do you get them and not care or just stay away and never own a rookie of that player? Or just get college uni rookies?

With me it's Matt Schaub. I don't really want anything Falcons but that's what it is. He does have one that I've always wanted and I managed to get it from someone here, it came in today:

I love this card being that it's not Falcons but not quite full on college. Looking forward to responses!
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Magicman32

I personally don't buy the cards if they are not of the team. If they have a college rookie I may pick it up, but otherwise I just stay with my team.
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
jlzinck

Pro Uni for me. If RC is bot my team I don't want it
Old 09-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
jfibert80
Inactive Account

im very particular on how i sort my cards. for the most part ive just decided to collect KC Chiefs cards so heres how ive handled it....if the guy isnt in a Chiefs uni, i dont sort it with my Chiefs collection. the only exception i make is if his rookie year was with the Chiefs and the card has him in his college uni. if his rookie year was with another team (like in your case), he goes into a different box.(in your case would be my box 2) I'm fairly new to all this but this is how my (3) 5,000 ct. boxes are sorted:

box 1 is KC Chiefs. Chiefs only. base, jerseys, autos, everything.

box 2 is sorted by what i consider stud quarterback, runningback, widereciever, tightend and one section for defensive players. (box 2 is basically if your good enough to be on my fantasy team....)

box 3 is just divided into teams. and its just players that dont fit into any category above.

oh and i guess i have a seperate box for just autos, jerseys and all my numbered cards too.

so like for me, i will now have two separate places where i will keep my alex smith cards. all of his 49er cards will be in the stud box sorted into the quarterback bin and now all of his Chiefs cards will go into my Chiefs box. its not the same as your rookie question but sorda similar.
jfibert80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
bcw716

to me, it'd all depend on who it is. I mainly stick to just Cowboys uni stuff and luckily most of their main guys were drafted by Dallas but I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing a rookie auto of say Brandon Carr who doesn't have any Cowboys autos. I won't go out of my way to get a Kyle Orton in a Bears uni. If I collected Saints though, I wouldn't hesitate to go get Brees RC's even though their in Chargers unis.
bcw716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
Lionsman81

College uni cards don't hold value unless it's a PC card that you buy so it will disappear into a PC forever. I seriously don't care like I will buy a Reggie Bush auto in his Saints uni all day long since he is Reggie Bush and he has no Lions uni autos yet but, I'm not a big fan of certain players in other teams uniforms it all depends on the players like the guy above said. I would buy leaf sage press pass all day since its not defined if the guy has no NFL cards
Lionsman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
jared6180
Banned

I sort my cards alphabetically with Chiefs in one box and every other team in another. Alex Smith, no matter the uniform, is in the Chiefs box.

Think about how complicated this could get for TO collectors! 49ers, Philly, Dallas, Buffalo, Seattle...and who knows where else.
jared6180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
BroncosFAN#1
Banned

I dont get them. I do however get the ones like the Schaub you got.
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
jcduncan

College uniform autos are great for this reason, imo. Great Schaub there bud!
jcduncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
realshemp
Banned

It really depends on the player for me.

I PC Cowboys and Astros... all players in either of those uniforms goes into my collection of that team.

I also include any great players for that team who might have cards in other uniforms, so Emmitt Smith in any uniform goes in, as do Berkman and Oswalt. Guys like TO, Hunter Pence, Carlso Lee who played for several other teams only get their Astros cards included.

I guess I don't have any hard-and-fast rule, it just boils down to how much I like the individual player(s).
realshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #11
stripedbass91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman32 View Post
I personally don't buy the cards if they are not of the team. If they have a college rookie I may pick it up, but otherwise I just stay with my team.
This^^^^^^
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #12
cush2push

if they're in a bills uniform that's all i would need even if they're not on the team or in the league if they currently play for the bills i would grab college uni base autos of them