Blowout Cards Forums
NFL Draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 03-06-2018, 10:58 PM   #1
lesternatty

Default Scammed Again by Breaker. What do I do?

I've now been scammed twice by two different eBay breakers in the past two weeks. They send out the the base and junk hits, but I got two very nice cards and never received either of them from either breaker. This is becoming rampant on eBay. They will send out the worthless cards, but if you get a nice hit you likely won't receive the card. I spend hundreds each months on breaks, and when I finally get a couple nice hits both are just magically lost in the mail. No update on tracking info, just shown that the label was created. I will end up getting a $15 refund for a $300 card. This is so frustrating and I am never doing a break again. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm debating taking this breaker to court, I don't care how much the lawyer fees cost.

Last edited by iluvfish2; 03-07-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: I cant see how this would compromise anything - did move thread
lesternatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
jasonhopkins

I've decided to only deal with the breakers here at BO. So far they all have been legit.
jasonhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:08 PM   #3
myerscards
Banned

Who are the Breakers?
myerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #4
natbornkiller

stop buying breaks of ebay
Old 03-06-2018, 11:19 PM   #5
Bruvydsb

I join Ebay breaks all the time (for years) and never an issue. I'm just very picky who I break with. Must have HUGE flawless feedback for starters.

That all being said, who scammed you???
Bruvydsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:30 PM   #6
lesternatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
I will never buy a break on eBay again. I talked with 6 different customer support reps on eBay before I reached a manager today. I was on the phone 3 hours tonight. I explained to him thoroughly how breaks work and how buyers are being scammed. He was actually very interested and concerned. Breaks might be getting shutdown on eBay. They are investigating and I will receive a call tomorrow from the manager.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:36 PM   #7
Dacubs

and yet, you won't name the breaker.....
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:36 PM   #8
lesternatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
and yet, you won't name the breaker.....
SwftyServe
Old 03-06-2018, 11:53 PM   #9
The Accountant

its too easy to scam people. you arent techinically guaranteed anything... its a "bonus". Sorry OP lots of scumbags out there. Can't break with any average joe
Old 03-07-2018, 12:00 AM   #10
lesternatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Accountant View Post
its too easy to scam people. you arent techinically guaranteed anything... its a "bonus". Sorry OP lots of scumbags out there. Can't break with any average joe
Yeah I gave the first breaker the benefit of the doubt on the Kamara 1/1. But, it's just not possible that only the expensive cards are lost. I always receive the base no problem. I just don't understand why they scam? 90% of the time I don't hit anything big, so you'd think they would want their buyers to get a few good cards every now and then so they come back for more business. But, I guess the greed is just too big. Some of the shadiest people are in sports memorabilia. It's really weird. Karma is a bitch I can tell you that much.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:11 AM   #11
knownas2letters

Send a message via AIM to knownas2letters

That really sucks man, always some sketch in the card game.
knownas2letters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:00 AM   #12
Crzy4phins

These scammers give us Ebay breakers a bad name. I hate scammers. I run an Ebay break once a month and I've never had any complaints aside from the usual "I misread the listing and thought I was getting 5 boxes of cards can I get a refund" BS. I really hate that there are dishonest breakers out there. I do the breaks just for fun. I very rarely make any money after supplies so they just ruin the enjoyment. That's my rant. Sorry this has happened to you.
Crzy4phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #13
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesternatty View Post
I will never buy a break on eBay again. I talked with 6 different customer support reps on eBay before I reached a manager today. I was on the phone 3 hours tonight. I explained to him thoroughly how breaks work and how buyers are being scammed. He was actually very interested and concerned. Breaks might be getting shutdown on eBay. They are investigating and I will receive a call tomorrow from the manager.
Breaks have always been against Ebay rules, but they are a cash cow for Ebay so its doubtful they will ever do anything.I doubt you hear anything from a manager on Ebay. 9 times out of 10 if they say they will call back they don't.

Ebay has actually moved them from the banned list to restricted.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies...ay-raffle.html

"Box breaks" or similar trading card listings are allowed as long as you follow these rules:

Don't call out a chance to win a specific card of significant monetary or collectible value

You must offer a full refund if the box doesn't contain the certain team or player the buyer purchased.

Last edited by shrevecity; 03-07-2018 at 07:44 AM.
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:37 AM   #14
AnthonyCorona

Very sorry to hear this, it's an awful situation. I buy into breaks from two eBay breakers who have both sent me my best hits I've had. Twice here on BO I've purchased breaks and of course those went flawlessly. I hope this works out, only advice I can give is find a good 1-4 breakers and stick with them, I know it's tempting but I've stopped venturing out much further than who I know is good

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #15
Dobber2330

Leave negative feedback on Ebay for both bad breakers???
Please note - I do not PM people who have interest in cards as very few people ever return such PM's. All cards are for sale and if you are interested in anything please feel free to send over a PM with an offer. PM's that say, "How much is XXX" or "What is your best price on XXX" without an offer will not be returned.
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:46 AM   #16
hockeyguyrich

This should have happened ^^^^^^^^^
hockeyguyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #17
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber2330 View Post
Leave negative feedback on Ebay for both bad breakers???
That and IF you really did not get what you won open a NAD case against the seller
Old 03-07-2018, 07:48 AM   #18
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesternatty View Post
SwftyServe
THis user does not exist. The I is missing SwiftyServe

He does have a lot of negs, but still over 99%

Why do I have a feeling there is more to this story?

Last edited by shrevecity; 03-07-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:48 AM   #19
hockeyguyrich

I wouldn't leave feedback until break is complete and cards received because if they start getting negatives they will magically find the cards
hockeyguyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #20
Earlsnake07

You named one of the breakers, but not the other......post both breakers please - It could (will) help out others

Check out breakers.tv if you haven't - tons of REPUTABLE breakers (some doing auctions on eBay if you HAVE to go that route)
Old 03-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #21
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
That would require the increasingly rare "common sense."
Proud owner of JBLR post and reply #10,000!
Forum Unity Complete!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #22
socal805
Banned

I've done numerous breaks on ebay w/no issues...Except for this one time when the breaker fell asleep on us (everyone received a refund). Besides that no issues and some really funny moments.

The major difference from BO breaks and ebay...the $$$. Especially when dealing with a new breaker on ebay, as these tend to go for a lot less than normal.
socal805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #23
slugger82685

Send a message via AIM to slugger82685

I rarely have issues with Ebay breakers and I purchase on there all the time. I also don’t see a lot of new breakers posting on there anymore, usually the breaks I’m buying into are people I’ve bought into before even without realizing when I’m bidding. That being said, I could see how it would be very easy to scam people but if this breaker did it to you then I’m sure he’s done it to others and would have lots of negatives.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:56 PM   #24
cking

I have an Ebay breaking incident that will make you sick to your stomach.

A friend of mine in 2011 bought into a break on Ebay in the middle of Cam Newton mania.

I do not remember the breaker..it was 7 years ago.

Sure enough a monster Cam auto was pulled.

My friend was very excited. Woke up the next morning and had a refund given by the breaker. $60 or so I believe was the buy in.

Also had a message from the breaker saying he spilled soda on the card and it was destroyed. The card was serial numbered.

If that was not bad enough, the story gets even better.

24 hours later the card was listed for sale by the breaker.Card was fine, no damage. Same serial number. $400 was his asking price.

My friend sent Ebay the message about damage, a link to the new listing and the video of the break.

Eaby said as long as the seller gave a refund there was nothing they could do.

My friend actually went to bid on the card for whatever reason and the seller had him blocked.

Basically he was using everyone elses money for his breaks and when monster cards got pulled he just refunded whoever had that team the buy in price for the break.

That is a digusting display of human behavior. Degenerate junkie taken to a whole new level.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #25
oldgoldy97

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote