Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 10-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #176
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
If anything, it seems people had given him the benefit of the doubt based on who he was. Taking the 'hater' angle just adds to the intrigue because it isn't true at all. Many of the people that have come out against this guy in the thread were even sad about it based on his previous good standing and reputation, that doesn't usually happen. This certainly isn't an Imac case, why try to paint it as one? I'm just mystified.
In before the impending server explosion.. Or do you have to say that name 3 times while looking in a mirror?
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:14 AM   #177
Earlsnake07

Wow.........I figured this thread was just about dead and then I see the additional info.

Something is EXTREMELY fishy here..........whole situation stinks.

If what is coming to light is true, no way this dude should not be suspended...and probably banned (and his friend) IMO.

Has anyone contacted leedawg?

And IMO is not about "the mob" or anyone hating on the dude....it is the way the situation has played out and in many members opinion the lack of punishment after several red flags.
NEEDS = '12 CHROME CHIEFS: #94 DONTARI POE RED AUTO /5 ANY '12 CHROME CHIEFS PRINTING PLATES---------->'14 CHROME ALEX SMITH YELLOW AND BLACK PRINTING PLATES & ANY CHIEFS CHROME SUPERS
SCA - https://sportscardalbum.com/u/earlsnake07
Earlsnake07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #178
BGT Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
In before the impending server explosion.. Or do you have to say that name 3 times while looking in a mirror?
If that's the case I think we're safe. Most of us are probably too ugly to stomach looking at ourselves in a mirror long enough to say it three times.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #179
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
I fully expect to get a message from him on Ebay now, I think he has an NSA type of computer program that picks up when his name is uttered and notifies him immediately.

In all seriousness, as much as I hated him here, I've bought from him plenty since his banning and things always go perfectly ... knock on wood.

"nah not mad Maga cat ..."
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #180
tonedef2oo8

Everyone ignore that someone is paying off debits to card shops with cards. That’s literally his excuse. Nothing to see here

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 10-09-2018 at 10:48 AM.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #181
chezball

Quote:
I fully expect to get a message from him on Ebay now, I think he has an NSA type of computer program that picks up when his name is uttered and notifies him immediately.

In all seriousness, as much as I hated him here, I've bought from him plenty since his banning and things always go perfectly ... knock on wood.
This is where we differ, if someone is a POS here or anywhere else I would never spend money with them. JMO on scum.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #182
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
This is where we differ, if someone is a POS here or anywhere else I would never spend money with them. JMO on scum.
Don't get me wrong, I agree completely and had to hold my nose the first couple of times. At the end of the day though, he had items I wanted and was the only seller that had them.

Would I buy from Haiku or any other known scammer? No, no matter the item. Jeremy wasn't a scammer though that I can recall, just an arsehat. Many people say the same or worse about me so I try not to let business interfere with personality as long as the person isn't a crook.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #183
chezball

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I agree completely and had to hold my nose the first couple of times. At the end of the day though, he had items I wanted and was the only seller that had them.

Would I buy from Haiku or any other known scammer? No, no matter the item. Jeremy wasn't a scammer though that I can recall, just an arsehat. Many people say the same or worse about me so I try not to let business interfere with personality as long as the person isn't a crook.
There's a few threads about him shilling, and that comc thread that I think got him canned, but not sure if that was the thread. In the end of the day it's your money. It just seems to go against your moral character. I already wasted too much time on him.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #184
Knucklesf05

How can there not be any records of where this card ended up? The original sale should have had some sort of receipt and unless its a shady shop he should have some sort of record of getting the card for a debt.
Looking for hall of famers in NFL MLB NBA. Autos of: Michael Jordan, Kris Bryant, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Kobe, top rookies in all sports. Also any Yankees, Syracuse Orange, Sick patches logo patches, logoman, cards #'d 5/5 basically ill look at anything.
TRYING TO GET AS MANY KRIS BRYANT UPDATE U78 AS I CAN!
Knucklesf05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:39 PM   #185
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklesf05 View Post
How can there not be any records of where this card ended up? The original sale should have had some sort of receipt and unless its a shady shop he should have some sort of record of getting the card for a debt.
Because itís a lie and these two thought this plan would fly.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #186
jmscoggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Because it’s a lie and these two thought this plan would fly.
It's worked so far hasn't it?

Old 10-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #187
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
It's worked so far hasn't it?
Yes it has. Good point
Old 10-09-2018, 04:14 PM   #188
IowaCubs1

Houdini - I see you tweeted at him and said it seemed based on the thread that he is lying. I am just STILL confused why something hasn’t been done. And another member lied and made up a story that they bought it from him. This is just so shady. Shoot - probably will happen multiple times and then what? We need to protect this community...
IowaCubs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #189
SleeperCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaCubs1 View Post
Houdini - I see you tweeted at him and said it seemed based on the thread that he is lying. I am just STILL confused why something hasnít been done. And another member lied and made up a story that they bought it from him. This is just so shady. Shoot - probably will happen multiple times and then what? We need to protect this community...
Give Houdini some time, this new information was just brought to light yesterday so you can't expect something to happen immediately. He would need to reach out for a response, which I imagine he wouldn't get immediately as the two tried to work on their story/doctor images/whatever, IF they were indeed lying. No one is perfect, but I feel like he gets it right most of the time, just give him some time to work.
SleeperCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #190
escapegoat

im glad this is still on the top for people to see. i’ll do my best to keep this on page 1 if it falls.

are houdini and delta friends? he seems to be getting some real special treatment.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:00 PM   #191
GeechQuest

I’m going to be as objective as possible. I have never once seen somebody banned for backing out of a deal. I have never seen someone banned for lying either, unless it was a lie where the person was ACTUALLY scamming someone.

In this instance, it doesn’t seem like Delta actually took anything from IowaCubs. IC is not out cards, and he’s not out money as it appears he was refunded. This could also be seen another way, in that a deal was in place, IC purchased the card, and is actually out money because of the appreciation of said card. To view it through that lens, yes IC lost money.

That said, Delta was a highly regarded person in the hobby with SCU. I don’t think this fact can be put aside in this instance. I’m of the firm belief that those who are regarded highly should be held to higher standards. If Myers did this, then I could understand no action being taken. Delta is a different beast all together. This user should be held to a higher standard strictly from their position within the hobby.

Rule #14 states that BO can remove you at their discretion, and because of the standing of Delta I think this is one of the few times where a ban under that rule would be just.

I like that BO and Houdini are fair, and I’ve never seen anything from them that seem unjust. I just feel like because of the person involved in this situation that there should be some type of punishment.

The LeeDawg stuff seems completely unsubstantiated for now. I know where Lee goes for cards and the owner is as _________ an owner as I’ve ever met. I’ve walked in with $30K cash to purchase cases and couldn’t get 8% off (basically tax)so I have a hard time believing that Leland would be able to run a credit with Charlie (the owner), but if anybody could I imagine Leland would be at the top of that shortlist. This part of the story also plays no bearing on what I feel should happen to Delta. The first part is bad enough.

I love this forum, I think Houdini does an OUTSTANDING job of moderating, but I feel like this situation is different than many that I’ve seen in my time here. There’s being fair (which Houdini is), but there’s also being just. I don’t want mob rule on this forum either as I’d likely be banned along with other members I enjoy, but I think the “mob” is spot on with what should happen with Delta.

Long post, I apologize.
GeechQuest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #192
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapegoat View Post
im glad this is still on the top for people to see. iíll do my best to keep this on page 1 if it falls.

are houdini and delta friends? he seems to be getting some real special treatment.
Bumping just to keep at top threads like this have resulted in suspensions just an FYI.

As outlined by multiple people, there have been people that have lied and backed out in this thread and prominent active users that are not banned. There is no special treatment or "Friend Deal"

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #193
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeechQuest View Post
Iím going to be as objective as possible. I have never once seen somebody banned for backing out of a deal. I have never seen someone banned for lying either, unless it was a lie where the person was ACTUALLY scamming someone.

In this instance, it doesnít seem like Delta actually took anything from IowaCubs. IC is not out cards, and heís not out money as it appears he was refunded. This could also be seen another way, in that a deal was in place, IC purchased the card, and is actually out money because of the appreciation of said card. To view it through that lens, yes IC lost money.

That said, Delta was a highly regarded person in the hobby with SCU. I donít think this fact can be put aside in this instance. Iím of the firm belief that those who are regarded highly should be held to higher standards. If Myers did this, then I could understand no action being taken. Delta is a different beast all together. This user should be held to a higher standard strictly from their position within the hobby.

Rule #14 states that BO can remove you at their discretion, and because of the standing of Delta I think this is one of the few times where a ban under that rule would be just.

I like that BO and Houdini are fair, and Iíve never seen anything from them that seem unjust. I just feel like because of the person involved in this situation that there should be some type of punishment.

The LeeDawg stuff seems completely unsubstantiated for now. I know where Lee goes for cards and the owner is as _________ an owner as Iíve ever met. Iíve walked in with $30K cash to purchase cases and couldnít get 8% off (basically tax)so I have a hard time believing that Leland would be able to run a credit with Charlie (the owner), but if anybody could I imagine Leland would be at the top of that shortlist. This part of the story also plays no bearing on what I feel should happen to Delta. The first part is bad enough.

I love this forum, I think Houdini does an OUTSTANDING job of moderating, but I feel like this situation is different than many that Iíve seen in my time here. Thereís being fair (which Houdini is), but thereís also being just. I donít want mob rule on this forum either as Iíd likely be banned along with other members I enjoy, but I think the ďmobĒ is spot on with what should happen with Delta.

Long post, I apologize.
Hit it on the head.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:24 AM   #194
escapegoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Bumping just to keep at top threads like this have resulted in suspensions just an FYI.
oh okay thanks for the info.

guess ill go back out of a card deal and lie about it.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:42 AM   #195
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapegoat View Post
oh okay thanks for the info.

guess ill go back out of a card deal and lie about it.
Very welcome figured I would help you before you broke the TOS for trolling.

Some people dont realize it on that bumping and I threatened it myself one time until I was politely remind only bump with relevant information.

Negative was left and if he lied to a mod about it they will handle it.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #196
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaliercards View Post
Very welcome figured I would help you before you broke the TOS for trolling.

Some people dont realize it on that bumping and I threatened it myself one time until I was politely remind only bump with relevant information.

Negative was left and if he lied to a mod about it they will handle it.
Have seen a few threads get locked as well for bumping with new information being added.

I agree at this point the best thing is to move on, unless something new comes up. Nothing is going to change unless the new info changes the mind of the mods. I think it is a lot like the Prospectrush debacle, the mob wanted the ban, but that was why he was not banned until some new info proved what the mob was complaining about.

Last edited by shrevecity; 10-10-2018 at 10:44 AM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #197
Siberian13

Any updates today from the individuals involved?
Siberian13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #198
NickM

Quote:

I have pictures somewhere of a box of eBay auction wins he sent me where the top flaps of the box were taped together, but not taped down to the sides. Luckily no one at the post office decided to reach in the openings and take stuff out.
"And when do we want it?"
"It's irrelevant."

Last edited by NickM; 10-11-2018 at 08:42 PM. Reason: typo
NickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #199
IowaCubs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Any updates today from the individuals involved?
Nothing additional from me at this point. Hopefully itís being investigated still.
IowaCubs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #200
tier1dc

deltapi did buy the 1st case of Impeccable Football from BlowoutMatt today.
tier1dc is online now   Reply With Quote