Blowout Cards Forums
Basketball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 05-23-2018, 12:44 AM   #926
halofan25

I noticed an ebay seller listed mega box cards semi-near my area so out of curiosity, I asked him which target he found his boxes at. To my surprise, he didn't even have to go to a target. He says he has a contact at Excel Marketing and received 12 cases w/ 16 boxes per case. It's not a bad thing to know people.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:52 AM   #927
lawrencedc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBackPages View Post
Get out yer scales!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2018, 07:27 AM   #928
ChrisNTx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
Don't assume if you do not see the red display that they have not shown up. I picked up 3 full displays, all from the back.

Here is how the light bulb went off. I went to a store and showed them a pic of the red display. The guy looked in the back but didn't see anything. He then, as luck would have it opened up a box that he thought would contain that size display. Bingo! He drug the box outside and I took a picture of it. It became my go to. True story - at one Target, an employee told me I could go look in the back myself. He radioed back there that I was coming. Off I went. At that point I realized, there are A LOT of boxes back there. I got on the rolling ladder looking at the top of the shelves. Kinda crazy!

Step 1 - put the pic of the red display and the brown box they come in your phone (pics are in this thread)

Step 2 - find a Target employee in electronics or toys (be careful in who you choose to ask!)- show them the picture of the red display. They will possibly either remember it or not. If they don't Step 3 is the key.

Step 3 - show them the picture of the brown box. It is about 4.5 ft by 2.5 feet. Point out the label that says it was suppose to drop last Sunday. Ask if they will look in the back for it. Employees look much harder when they know what to look for. If they go back looking for a red display you will strike out every time. The BROWN BOX is the key! I had my own box pic but the one in this thread should work fine!

Also, here is the DPCI number - 087124041 get them to punch it in. It will probably say 0, explain it always says this. The reason that number is important is b/c they can see if that item has been sold. If one has you are SOL. The system seems like it is a day behind though.

I gave my bud this tip and he picked up 2 displays using the same method.
At a target they were able to pull dpci and see that it sold 5/19. Swing and a miss but at least I know not to check here anymore
Old 05-23-2018, 07:45 AM   #929
hairysasquatch

Imagine if the levels of ingenuity and diligence apparent in this thread could be diverted to a more constructive social purpose. Really makes you stop and think.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #930
SethMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan25 View Post
I noticed an ebay seller listed mega box cards semi-near my area so out of curiosity, I asked him which target he found his boxes at. To my surprise, he didn't even have to go to a target. He says he has a contact at Excel Marketing and received 12 cases w/ 16 boxes per case. It's not a bad thing to know people.
So there is backdooring of the product.

This also means that potentially 12 Target stores will never receive their intended shipment of displays. People are out searching and waiting and the rep is selling the product direct on the side instead of releasing through the store.

That said I'll probably check the Erie Target (only one we have) at lunch today and if there still is nothing put out I'll call it quits and move on. I just figured the boxes were the only chance of getting a Gleyber auto (can't afford ebay prices)
Old 05-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #931
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmort23 View Post
Hit this little guy tonight out of (2) Mega Boxes along with two purples (Mitchell White & Keibert Ruiz)

Jeff

Looks just like mine. Congrats!
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #932
wharfrat7624

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorboatJones View Post
Mega Hot Box ? Seriously. I kid you not. 4 Mega Packs in a single Mega Box

Congrats!!

wharfrat7624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:45 AM   #933
JeffN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
Don't assume if you do not see the red display that they have not shown up. I picked up 3 full displays, all from the back.

Here is how the light bulb went off. I went to a store and showed them a pic of the red display. The guy looked in the back but didn't see anything. He then, as luck would have it opened up a box that he thought would contain that size display. Bingo! He drug the box outside and I took a picture of it. It became my go to. True story - at one Target, an employee told me I could go look in the back myself. He radioed back there that I was coming. Off I went. At that point I realized, there are A LOT of boxes back there. I got on the rolling ladder looking at the top of the shelves. Kinda crazy!

Step 1 - put the pic of the red display and the brown box they come in your phone (pics are in this thread)

Step 2 - find a Target employee in electronics or toys (be careful in who you choose to ask!)- show them the picture of the red display. They will possibly either remember it or not. If they don't Step 3 is the key.

Step 3 - show them the picture of the brown box. It is about 4.5 ft by 2.5 feet. Point out the label that says it was suppose to drop last Sunday. Ask if they will look in the back for it. Employees look much harder when they know what to look for. If they go back looking for a red display you will strike out every time. The BROWN BOX is the key! I had my own box pic but the one in this thread should work fine!

Also, here is the DPCI number - 087124041 get them to punch it in. It will probably say 0, explain it always says this. The reason that number is important is b/c they can see if that item has been sold. If one has you are SOL. The system seems like it is a day behind though.

I gave my bud this tip and he picked up 2 displays using the same method.
Where in NC are you? Just so I don't waste my time, lol
JeffN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #934
prospects
Banned

I am going to make a big trip today and visit around 9 targets. If I do not find a single box I will be pissed
prospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #935
notoriousrmb

Pretty much figured the St. Louis area is wiped out. EBay sellers have boxes up from around here and I've seen several empty red displays. Looks like the ship has sailed for anyone in this area still searching.
notoriousrmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #936
djolley86

Charlotte is wiped. Saw empty red stands at multiple locations today.
djolley86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #937
moosetequila

I'm totally into the card flipping, but I just don't have the greed level to drive all over and wipe out store displays just to flip, I'm nothat ambitious. Now if I stumble upon them in my couple of locations I look, I will definitely buy all I can eat! However, every last box would be shredded!

I've already purchased 8 boxes at 2x the MSRP. It is what it is. Play or don't, but the constant whining of it being unfair etc... Go take up knitting

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
moosetequila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #938
WSCards5

One of the targets in my city don't even give a bit of effort to help me find them. I went to 2 and they went to the back and took my picture of the box found them and brought them out to me. The one closes to my house basically told me to kick rocks
Old 05-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #939
LSUNatChamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSCards5 View Post
One of the targets in my city don't even give a bit of effort to help me find them. I went to 2 and they went to the back and took my picture of the box found them and brought them out to me. The one closes to my house basically told me to kick rocks
Did you wind up buying all 30 that they brought out to you on both occasions?
LSUNatChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #940
lawrencedc1

Ladder riding for MEGAs. Lol. Girl in electronics thinks I’m a nut. #lurker

Old 05-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #941
btmcrushers

Is anyone being told they are limited to how many they can purchase?
Old 05-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #942
CoolG

With all boxes hitting at once ebay price on 10 box lots dropping
Seeing $279 being offered on some new listings.
CoolG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:28 AM   #943
yoyosh

5 Boxes...don't do much baseball so other than Vlad, Acuna, and Ohtani not sure who to look for. How'd i do?
yoyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:30 AM   #944
Stech36

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSCards5 View Post
Yeah the one I go to right by my work refuses to help me. I keep saying, these are shipped directly to you, not to excel. And they keep brushing me off. 4 different managers. Showed them pictures and everything.
Stech36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #945
moosetequila

You get boxes for $29 and change. Way more people buying massive amounts this year since it's a big massive dump and FOMO. Prices will soften a bit more, some who spent massive amounts of time, gas etc, and may have even spent more than they were comfy with... Those people will start dropping prices with the glut of boxes. They won't be seeing the massive profits they were dreaming of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolG View Post
With all boxes hitting at once ebay price on 10 box lots dropping
Seeing $279 being offered on some new listings.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #946
Bob Loblaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetequila View Post
You get boxes for $29 and change. Way more people buying massive amounts this year since it's a big massive dump and FOMO. Prices will soften a bit more, some who spent massive amounts of time, gas etc, and may have even spent more than they were comfy with... Those people will start dropping prices with the glut of boxes. They won't be seeing the massive profits they were dreaming of.

They will if they wait.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:46 AM   #947
moosetequila

Not from me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
They will if they wait.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:46 AM   #948
metsandweezer

Prices for these boxes on eBay will go up once this stuff dries up in two weeks.
metsandweezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #949
bdsparty32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
They will if they wait.
Amazing to me that you’re able to see into the future but still waste so much money on all those crappy Phillies prospects...
bdsparty32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #950
moosetequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsparty32 View Post
Amazing to me that you’re able to see into the future but still waste so much money on all those crappy Phillies prospects...