Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 07-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
omahacolts

Default This is not a call out thread......but your input is needed

As I said in the title, this is not a call out thread by any means. I just want this out in the open just in case things take a sour turn. There is already a thread started about this in the football section, which you can find HERE

The deal he is referring to in that thread is with me. On June 18th we made a deal for 2 cards. He paid right away like he usually does. I packaged up the cards that night and sent them out the next morning as I usually do. I use paypal to print my labels because it already has all the shipping info and its just easier....and cheaper. I thought it was a done deal until he messaged me yesterday afternoon saying his warning just went off about our deal. He never received the cards and he even supplied the tracking info. I laughed about the situation and apologized and told him I would look into it and issue a refund. I thought we were good........

Until this morning when he sends me a message around 9 asking what the post office had to say. And this is exactly what I told him(which he supplied the same message in his thread)

"They said that I never should have shipped to the address you gave me because it's an unconfirmed address and this tends to happen. They also said it's suspicious that the mail went out for delivery in the area you live but then was forwarded to an address in Ohio. They said it could mean you have another address there or friend or family member. Was told they would look into it further. Should have a call later today before they close"

I didnt accuse him of anything. Never said I believed them, never said I was on their side, nothing. He went off on me saying how I accused him of stealing and then went on to say how he buys so many cards and does high end deals and wouldnt scam me over a $23 card(s). Here's the good part....while in his thread he said he wasnt going to do anything just yet, he sends me a message saying I have 24 hours to refund him his money or else he's gonna file a paypal claim. I had 2 BIG PROBLEMS WITH THAT. 1) Why not give me a day or two until the post office gets back to me to see what they said? 2) I dont take kindly to threats or ultimatums so I got pretty pissed off. I sent him his refund and told him his money was refunded. We exchanged some emails and I'll admit, I wasnt very nice but I wasnt vulgar either. In the end, I told him because of how he popped off at the mouth and said what he said, I lost a lot of respect for him and had no interest in dealing with him in the future.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to make sure the details were mostly there. Any input?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
addicted36
Banned

Like I said in pm while you never said those things yourself to me (the post office said) you also never said you disagreed with them. I didn't do anything wrong here and only have 45 days to file a disputer and you were notified of this last week not yesterday and you promised to reply to me and didnt. Just like you don't like threats or ultimatiums I don't like someone suggesting I did a seller wrong like you said the postal service said. I didn't do anything wrong here and don't like the suggestion I did. I've done 1000+ deals and never seen anything like this but I shouldn't not have my money or the cards I purchased either. This sucks for us both and don't think its either of our faults. If you hate me because you feel I wronged you I want you to remember something. If I didn't trust you I never give you a month to get me my cards. I'm sorry this happened but I didn't cause this and I still don't know what the hell happened with those cards

My last pm to you still stands. Issues over. Go find your peace

Last edited by addicted36; 07-25-2012 at 05:51 PM.
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
mmbtvs
unregistered

Have you considered MURDER?!?!?!?!?!?

she wrote. My wife used to love that show.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
tolrobb

it sucks that there's all this drama over something that is VERY likely a fault of the post office.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Have you considered MURDER?!?!?!?!?!?

she wrote. My wife used to love that show.
ICWYDT. Silly goose.
Ray27Ray52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
Ray27Ray52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
it sucks that there's all this drama over something that is VERY likely a fault of the post office.

By ray27ray52 at 2012-07-25
Ray27Ray52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
bigbensbff

Addicted I think u should explain why ur address is unconfirmed. For someone who buys so much you would think you would take the five minutes and confirm your address.

We did a deal this month and your address was confirmed then. I never ship to unconfirmed addresses and if I woulda got that warning that I was about to ship to an unconfirmed address I would've never printed the label.

Always Buying Football Lots, Buckets, Collections
bigbensbff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #8
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
I agree. I see it from both sides and told him that. If the post office screws something up then I believe the seller has to pay for it. I know that sucks for him but I'm the buyer. We live in the same state, those cards are in ohio why I don't know. But I shouldn't pay because the post office #@#@#@#@ed up. And I know ad don't believe this is his fault and have told him so. He's pissed cause the post office screwed up. I get it but don't get the attitude drama or novels. I never mentioned this guy in my post for a reason. I don't think he did anything wrong and its a crappy situation
Old 07-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
omahacolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensbff View Post
Addicted I think u should explain why ur address is unconfirmed. For someone who buys so much you would think you would take the five minutes and confirm your address.

We did a deal this month and your address was confirmed then. I never ship to unconfirmed addresses and if I woulda got that warning that I was about to ship to an unconfirmed address I would've never printed the label.

I never thought to look up and see if the address was confirmed or not. Figured with him being a few hours away it was as easy as 123.

Lesson learned as a seller: only ship to confirmed addresses and take a few minutes to follow up on your deals
Old 07-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
addicted36
Banned

Quote:

Personal reason but I've mentioned it before, I'm going through a divorce now. What's a confirmed/unconfirmed address matter anyway? When you sell to someone on ebay it doesn't say confirmed address or whatever when you send something to somone. I fail to see how that matters or how a package mailed to texas would end up in ohio as the post office has no knowledge of what paypal knows.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
He's pissed cause the post office screwed up. I get it but don't get the attitude drama or novels.
It seems you were the one with the "attitude, drama or novels". You suddenly appear out of nowhere over a month later demanding things and giving a window of 24 hours even when you say he is a good seller and doing what he can. That is pretty shitty of you man. You say "it's only 20 bucks" but yet you needed that 20 bucks within 24 hours. I find it amazing that he started off this thread saying that you got your refund but I have yet to see you say thanks for that or even acknowledge it.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
WilsonValdez

Quote:
Serioiusly...I don't know who's to blame for making "drama", but can't people be rational? Does EVERYTHING have to be grounds for a public call out thread?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #13
omahacolts

Show me where I was notified of this last week please?? Because now youre lying. I have the pm saved of where you initially made contact with me about it and it was yesterday. Give me a minute to get to my laptop and I'll copy the message directly. I hope it's able to tell date and time because that's seriously bs if you're gonna say you told me last week

Quote:
Like I said in pm while you never said those things yourself to me (the post office said) you also never said you disagreed with them. I didn't do anything wrong here and only have 45 days to file a disputer and you were notified of this last week not yesterday and you promised to reply to me and didnt. Just like you don't like threats or ultimatiums I don't like someone suggesting I did a seller wrong like you said the postal service said. I didn't do anything wrong here and don't like the suggestion I did. I've done 1000+ deals and never seen anything like this but I shouldn't not have my money or the cards I purchased either. This sucks for us both and don't think its either of our faults. If you hate me because you feel I wronged you I want you to remember something. If I didn't trust you I never give you a month to get me my cards. I'm sorry this happened but I didn't cause this and I still don't know what the hell happened with those cards

My last pm to you still stands. Issues over. Go find your peace
Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolts View Post
I never thought to look up and see if the address was confirmed or not. Figured with him being a few hours away it was as easy as 123.

Lesson learned as a seller: only ship to confirmed addresses and take a few minutes to follow up on your deals
Look at the dc trail and what that says and the dates. Say I was shady and sent that on to a friend in ohio like the post office says. Wouldn't I say delivered to me? And for that matter why does it fall off the face of the planet for 8 days then shows a trail to ohio? If say I talked to the mailman and said send that to ohio where was the mail for 8 days? They would track it immediately not 8 days later. Confirmed or unconfirmed address doesn't address these things
Old 07-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #15
omahacolts

Quote:
I agree. I see it from both sides and told him that. If the post office screws something up then I believe the seller has to pay for it. I know that sucks for him but I'm the buyer. We live in the same state, those cards are in ohio why I don't know. But I shouldn't pay because the post office #@#@#@#@ed up. And I know ad don't believe this is his fault and have told him so. He's pissed cause the post office screwed up. I get it but don't get the attitude drama or novels. I never mentioned this guy in my post for a reason. I don't think he did anything wrong and its a crappy situation
As I told you in my message, I'm not pissed bc the cards got lost or that I'm out $23. I don't care. The fact that you gave me 24 hrs to refund after waiting over a month is what pissed me off
Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #16
bigbensbff

Quote:
Personal reason but I've mentioned it before, I'm going through a divorce now. What's a confirmed/unconfirmed address matter anyway? When you sell to someone on ebay it doesn't say confirmed address or whatever when you send something to somone. I fail to see how that matters or how a package mailed to texas would end up in ohio as the post office has no knowledge of what paypal knows.
It does say confirmed address on eBay. And if you try to print a label, you get a warning just like you do in PayPal shipping.

It matters because no seller can ship you something and have any type of seller protection. The warning also states this.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
As I told you in my message, I'm not pissed bc the cards got lost or that I'm out $23. I don't care. The fact that you gave me 24 hrs to refund after waiting over a month is what pissed me off
Ok I get that and my time was off on this. Your message pissed me off. We both got hot heads in this and I appreciate you refunding me. I'm sorry this happened. The reason I said I was gonna do that soon was because of the paypal dispute time issue. I explained that to you. Waiting could have hurt me. I take that time limit paypal gives you serious

Last edited by addicted36; 07-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
Show me where I was notified of this last week please?? Because now youre lying. I have the pm saved of where you initially made contact with me about it and it was yesterday. Give me a minute to get to my laptop and I'll copy the message directly. I hope it's able to tell date and time because that's seriously bs if you're gonna say you told me last week
Your right it wasn't last week. Got confused there. Was an honest mistake sorry
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
addicted36
Banned

Quote:
It does say confirmed address on eBay. And if you try to print a label, you get a warning just like you do in PayPal shipping.

It matters because no seller can ship you something and have any type of seller protection. The warning also states this.
I've sold at least 1000 cards on ebay and never seen that before.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #20
bigbensbff

Quote:
I've sold at least 1000 cards on ebay and never seen that before.
So have I and I've seen it around 5 times. Once on a deal here. That should tell you how rare it is for someone to have an unconfirmed address.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
bigzig

I know I'm no big shot around here, but I'd vouch for Martin (omahacolts) any day of the week. we've completed several mid-high end deals without a hitch. His word is gold to me.
If there ever was a problem I'm sure he would fix it. I understand timing for Paypal issues, but flying off the handle solves nothing. Definitely not when it is an obvious PO issue.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #22
HighEndHits

Don't want to be involved in this, but any chance, addicted36, that your ex had the mail forwarded?

Just as an aside note, the USPS has been horrible lately. I am in NJ and had a package sent from Cali go to Mass to NH and now it's on it's way to NJ, finally!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #23
KevJo

Quote:
So have I and I've seen it around 5 times. Once on a deal here. That should tell you how rare it is for someone to have an unconfirmed address.
I have also had this and have an auto accept or deny on non confirmed address payments. You stated your going through some personal stuff, wish you the best with that. But are you saying because of your personal matter that every Seller that sends a package to your non confirmed address should be SOL if something happens and they have no claim as they shipped to a non confirmed address. He was waiting on word from the P.O., why not wait until you hear back from him with word. Dropping the ultimatum of 24 hours, it was rash. He was doing his best to find out what happened.

Kevin
Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #24
Srt42004n
Banned

If you smelllllllllllllllll, what the post office is cooking!
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
pmannings#1fan

I don't know man but I sold to addicted36 & sent through paypal without any problems at all.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote