Blowout Cards Forums
Wave 8

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > The National Sports Collectors Convention

Notices

The National Sports Collectors Convention This is a seasonal forum that will run from about April through August each year.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
jlzinck

Default Don't be this buyer

Don't be this buyer

On Saturday, I had a case of 1952 and 1953 Topps commons, mostly graded PSA 2 - 4 and these can be what I tend to sell, commons in the $15 - $25 range from those sets so I can help collectors built up their collections. There was a row marked "all cards $15" and there are probably close to 200 of them available in a locked case. Someone asked my young helper if he could start to shuffle through them so he comes over and opens it up for the customer and he ended up picking out five cards He asks my helper if he could do $70 on the $75 of cards I was holding, my helper wasn't authorized to make the decision. It took a few minutes but I go over to the buyer and he looks me up and down like the fashion police and obviously doesn't like my outfit.

I tell him "All of these are already competitively priced from eBay, no I can't give you those for $70", I mean you would have thought I killed a bag of kittens with the look he gave me. He never came back though he said he might. It's amazing how people don't want to spend a buck
I simply don't understand this mentality, instead of getting all the cards he wanted, from 1 seller and having them in hand he walked away over $5.

tl:dr If you don't like my prices, why are you looking at my cards in the first place?
Old 08-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Don't be this buyer

On Saturday, I had a case of 1952 and 1953 Topps commons, mostly graded PSA 2 - 4 and these can be what I tend to sell, commons in the $15 - $25 range from those sets so I can help collectors built up their collections. There was a row marked "all cards $15" and there are probably close to 200 of them available in a locked case. Someone asked my young helper if he could start to shuffle through them so he comes over and opens it up for the customer and he ended up picking out five cards He asks my helper if he could do $70 on the $75 of cards I was holding, my helper wasn't authorized to make the decision. It took a few minutes but I go over to the buyer and he looks me up and down like the fashion police and obviously doesn't like my outfit.

I tell him "All of these are already competitively priced from eBay, no I can't give you those for $70", I mean you would have thought I killed a bag of kittens with the look he gave me. He never came back though he said he might. It's amazing how people don't want to spend a buck
I simply don't understand this mentality, instead of getting all the cards he wanted, from 1 seller and having them in hand he walked away over $5.

tl:dr If you don't like my prices, why are you looking at my cards in the first place?
Old 08-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
Cardiac Cards

I needed a good laugh. This was funny.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #4
Boo

Don't forget to complain about a "blind" drawing that you bought into too!
Old 08-06-2018, 01:57 PM   #5
majestik101

Old 08-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #6
byronscott4ever

Humor is appreciated
Old 08-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #7
Bowman1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
Humor is appreciated
This.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #8
Bowman1951

Confirmed picture of OP.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #9
tier1dc

Old 08-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #10
iplumb1963

there's already a thread from this supposed buyer saying the same thing about (Don't be this dealer)!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2018, 02:25 PM   #11
AnthonyCorona

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2018, 02:27 PM   #12
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb1963 View Post
there's already a thread from this supposed buyer saying the same thing about (Don't be this dealer)!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #13
tier1dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb1963 View Post
Old 08-06-2018, 03:23 PM   #14
jlzinck

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronscott4ever View Post
Humor is appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman1951 View Post
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman1951 View Post
Confirmed picture of OP.

FINALLY someone who is not thin skinned,

And I would never wear a fedora that color. Beige maybe, or purple
Old 08-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #15
AwesomeBrian

I get jokes
Old 08-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #16
scottagibson

Quote:
Don't be this buyer

Day. Made.

I knew I liked you!!
Old 08-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #17
BH34

Quote:
Don't be this buyer

looks like I'm a day late, just responded in the other thread.
this is too funny -- bravo!