Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > The National Sports Collectors Convention

Notices

The National Sports Collectors Convention This is a seasonal forum that will run from about April through August each year.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 11:54 PM   #26
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

Topps also started the pack give away at 12 noon on Friday instead of when the show opened at 10 am. Not sure if they did this for Saturday or not since I was already gone by then. Curious how many packs per hobby product as well as the parallels to hit. If Topps could include a few more parallels they could provide more packs to last the show. Of course, there could be reduced value but would give all a chance to get some hits.
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 11:56 PM   #27
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

Info on wrapper redemption program: More details to follow

https://www.blowoutcards.com/blog/to...n-promo-cards/
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-13-2018, 02:16 AM   #28
jlovis
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj828282 View Post
Topps also started the pack give away at 12 noon on Friday instead of when the show opened at 10 am. Not sure if they did this for Saturday or not since I was already gone by then. Curious how many packs per hobby product as well as the parallels to hit. If Topps could include a few more parallels they could provide more packs to last the show. Of course, there could be reduced value but would give all a chance to get some hits.
Last year I got Topps packs on Wednesday...
jlovis is online now  
Old 07-16-2018, 09:27 AM   #29
gguffey
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 277
Default

I spoke with one of the people from Topps at FanFest who seemed to be in charge about the redemption program planned for the National. He indicated you would need to buy the product from an authorized dealer on the floor of the show and then receive some sort of voucher or sticker to participate in the redemption. I expressed some of the concerns that had been brought up here but that didn't seem to interest him. I guess the process could change in the next two weeks but that would indicate to me that there would be a lot fewer redemption cards distributed than last year.
gguffey is offline  
Old 07-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #30
notoriousrmb
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,905
Default

Yep, looks like a voucher will be given by certain dealers at the show for product purchased there to get the packs.

Topps is hoping to cut down on people bringing in cases of pre-purchased product standing in line and rewarding those who buy at the show.
notoriousrmb is offline  
Old 07-16-2018, 12:29 PM   #31
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguffey View Post
I spoke with one of the people from Topps at FanFest who seemed to be in charge about the redemption program planned for the National. He indicated you would need to buy the product from an authorized dealer on the floor of the show and then receive some sort of voucher or sticker to participate in the redemption. I expressed some of the concerns that had been brought up here but that didn't seem to interest him. I guess the process could change in the next two weeks but that would indicate to me that there would be a lot fewer redemption cards distributed than last year.
Thanks for this information. I can curtail my spending until the National.
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #32
notoriousrmb
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,905
Default

Less than 2 weeks from the show and still no wrapper redemption details from any of the manufacturers. Bumming out here - trying to budget what boxes I want to pick up at the show and with no info, that's hard to do.
notoriousrmb is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #33
Super32
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 462
Default

For a time reference. Last year Topps put out their final redemption pack numbers on July 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
Less than 2 weeks from the show and still no wrapper redemption details from any of the manufacturers. Bumming out here - trying to budget what boxes I want to pick up at the show and with no info, that's hard to do.
Super32 is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #34
BlowoutBuzz
Member
 
BlowoutBuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriousrmb View Post
Less than 2 weeks from the show and still no wrapper redemption details from any of the manufacturers. Bumming out here - trying to budget what boxes I want to pick up at the show and with no info, that's hard to do.
A few have been announced and others teased -- everything so far is here >> BlowoutBuzz.com
__________________
www.blowoutbuzz.com
>>><<<
Got something cool or interesting that might be worth a story? Know someone whose collection could be profiled? Send me a DM.
BlowoutBuzz is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #35
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
For a time reference. Last year Topps put out their final redemption pack numbers on July 18.
I don't think we will see any new information until next week. Topps was busy with the All Star game and now Comic con in San Diego. Next week they should be able to focus on the National. But it would be nice to get more details.
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #36
utilityif23
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 79
Default Topps Wrapper Redemption

So is Topps not going to release the products included before the show?
utilityif23 is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #37
notoriousrmb
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,905
Default

Guessing none of the companies will release it this year since product has to be purchased at the show to get the voucher, people can't buy boxes ahead of time so I'm assuming no reason to pre-post any info on what boxes get packs.
notoriousrmb is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #38
Jeffrey1004
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Default Redemption

that would be ridiculous. How can one set a budget on what they are going to purchase if they don't know what the eligible products are?
Jeffrey1004 is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #39
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

Hoping to find out this week the products included in the wrapper redemptions. I would guess very similar to last year.
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #40
fenwaykid
Member
 
fenwaykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,488
Default

Virtually all the new releases have always been included as part of the wrapper redemption program...not sure why this year would be any different.
fenwaykid is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:15 AM   #41
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

Finally getting details on the program for Topps:

https://www.topps.com/blog/topps-rev..._campaign=news
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:18 AM   #42
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

2018 NSCC Wrapper Redemption
Product # of Packs
MLS Soccer 1
Series 1 Hobby 1
Inception 1
Pro Debut 1
Series 2 Hobby 1
Stadium Club 1
Allen & Ginter 1
Archives Signature 1
Champions League Chrome Soccer 1
Chrome Baseball Hobby 1
Star Wars The Last Jedi Series 2 1
Champions League Museum Collection 1
Heritage 1
Gypsy Queen 1
Finest 1
Bowman Hobby 1
Series 1 Jumbo 2
Series 2 Jumbo 2
Tribute 2
Tier One 2
Museum Collection BB 2
UFC Knockout 2
Chrome Baseball Jumbos 2
Bowman Jumbos 2
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #43
notoriousrmb
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,905
Default

Glad to see some info finally - looks like they are cutting the number of packs per box WAY back this year!

Plus only boxes purchased AT the show count, so that should seriously limit the redemption lines and allow a lot more people to get packs. No more people hauling in cases on the first day.
notoriousrmb is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #44
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

Topps has pared down the list of the number of packs received per product. The high end stuff only gets 2 packs per box. It appears the Topps Series 1/2 may be the best product to get for the packs. A box of Topps Chrome will cost $150 and you get 1 pack. Wow!
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #45
notoriousrmb
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj828282 View Post
Topps has pared down the list of the number of packs received per product. The high end stuff only gets 2 packs per box. It appears the Topps Series 1/2 may be the best product to get for the packs. A box of Topps Chrome will cost $150 and you get 1 pack. Wow!
Agreed, if you are only going for packs. But that box of Topps Chrome will surely be a better break than a box of Series 2. Gotta take that into account as well.
notoriousrmb is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:40 AM   #46
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

I know. The better stuff to get product wise will be TC, MC, Tribute, etc. But if going for the packs, the best appears to be Topps Series 1 Jumbo. If the silver packs can be scored as well could be extra value. Not sure what direction I will go right now but getting the packs for TC does help with the high cost it is at right now.
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #47
mgsenny
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 859
Default

Seems like Tier One baseball could be the best buy here when you consider amount of packs you receive and then potential hits in the box itself. Basing off current blowout prices

Series 1 Jumbo: $75
Series 2 Jumbo: $110
Tribute: $300
Tier One: $127
Museum Collection: $205
UFC Knockout: $137
Chrome Baseball Jumbos: $235
Bowman Jumbos: $325
mgsenny is offline  
Old 07-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #48
ddearing
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,510
Default

Of all the crappy star wars products they've made, they put Last Jedi Series 2 on the list. This is actually one of their only decent SW products of the last year. Weird that they would choose that product for this instead of something like the dumpster fire that was Topps Solo.
__________________
If you have to explain why it's a 1/1, then it's NOT a 1/1.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline  
Old 07-30-2018, 03:22 PM   #49
cj828282
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,792
Default

Looks like the parallels in the packs this year will include gold, orange (new this year), red, and black.
cj828282 is offline  
Old 07-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #50
Hockey24xx
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj828282 View Post
Looks like the parallels in the packs this year will include gold, orange (new this year), red, and black.
Nice. Color/Autos have been about 1 per every 2-3 packs in the last couple years. Hopefully that ratio stays the same.
Hockey24xx is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.