Blowout Cards Forums
2018 topps heritage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Right now, where do you rank Lebron all time?
GOAT 148 25.87%
#2 211 36.89%
#3 70 12.24%
#4 37 6.47%
#5 30 5.24%
Oustide Top 5 76 13.29%
Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2018, 02:12 AM   #501
ensbergcollecto

i could easily be called a hater because there is a ton I don't like about Lebron. But none of it is in regards to his talent or ability. In my opinion, anyone who is voting him outside the top 5 at this point have some serious explaining to do. I have him somewhere between 2/3
Old 05-26-2018, 02:12 AM   #502
bootan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnic View Post
Well most times he is playing by himself against a whole team I believe lol
This might be his hardest playoff run since ditching Cleveland the 1st time. He has only 1 all-star teammate with him.

But his opponents, especially these celtics and the pacers have no one.

How can he be considered the GOAT and be struggling so much. Game 7s against the Superstarless Pacers and this injury ravaged Celtics team full of youngsters. Please think about that.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:15 AM   #503
Dnic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootan View Post
This might be his hardest playoff run since ditching Cleveland the 1st time. He has only 1 all-star teammate with him.

How can he be considered the GOAT and be struggling so much. Game 7s against the Superstarless Pacers and this injury ravaged Celtics team full of youngsters. Please think about that.
Celtics are no scrubs though they have a very deep team imo
Dnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:30 AM   #504
tjforce

Quote:
And they've run through Giannis, Embiid, and Simmons already this playoffs.

None of those guys were able to do anything near what LeBron has done.
"That's real, yo. I ain't exaggeratin' at all, man. The Mo' Money you make the Mo' Problems you get. And jealousy and envy is, is something that comes with the territory man. It's just negative energy like my man Puff say."
tjforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:30 AM   #505
drobfan8

Quote:
Is that why everyone said they'd finish as a low playoff seed once Hayward went down?

I love the fight in this Cs team, but they are young and have 1 borderline All Star guy.

Let's not act like LeBron is taking it to GS.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:32 AM   #506
drobfan8

I still need to see LeBron win some more rings. Just getting by these young East teams and accumulating numbers from sheer weight of games isn't all that impressive.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:42 AM   #507
tjforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
I still need to see LeBron win some more rings. Just getting by these young East teams and accumulating numbers from sheer weight of games isn't all that impressive.
Good news is he still has plenty left in the tank and should be competitive for years to come.
"That's real, yo. I ain't exaggeratin' at all, man. The Mo' Money you make the Mo' Problems you get. And jealousy and envy is, is something that comes with the territory man. It's just negative energy like my man Puff say."
tjforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:48 AM   #508
pgisback

Quote:

Who are you comparing him to that has had a more impressive run against better teams with less support? That’s why I know Lebron is GOAT. The standards his haters set for him are so high no other player in the history of the NBA has met them.
Nikita Kucherov RCs/On Card Autos
pgisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:07 AM   #509
bootan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
Who are you comparing him to that has had a more impressive run against better teams with less support? That’s why I know Lebron is GOAT. The standards his haters set for him are so high no other player in the history of the NBA has met them.
Well just this year for example Anthony Davis. Swept a team that has a player who made this years 1st All-NBA team in it. Did it without DeMarcus cousins too. Then had to face GS with Durant and Curry.

How do you think the Cavs would have gone ??

and you say better teams?? according to who?? Lebron is the best player in the League right now, Who has he faced? Victor Olapido?? Lowy ?? Are any of those guys top 10 players?? top 20??

give me a break..............

Last edited by bootan; 05-26-2018 at 07:11 AM.
bootan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:05 AM   #510
jpstudioedge
Banned

Quote:
He is in the Eastern Conference. I forget what year I looked at the rankings but the year when the cars were second or third in the conference I looked at the western playoff seeds. The Cavs would have been the LOWEST seed in the western conference and they were ranked 2nd or 3rd in the east. Just imagine if they played in the western conference that year. Would they even make the playoffs?

Lebron is a great player, but his competition is so weak and has been for several years. Lebron is smart tho. If he can't get his championships he will keep accruing his "STATS" to make people forget about his lack of winning (when you don't win a championship).

He will keep jumping from super team to super team to give himself the best chance to win. Everyone will forget how he won. Just like people will forget that Durant copped out to join the warriors, but that was in response to Lebron's moves. So kinda can't blame durant. He beat james at his own game.

After Lebron lost in the finals...he posted his "STATS." Lebron cares very much about his stats.
jpstudioedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #511
daeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjforce View Post
And they've run through Giannis, Embiid, and Simmons already this playoffs.

None of those guys were able to do anything near what LeBron has done.
uh one of those things is not like the others...
daeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #512
rats60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensbergcollecto View Post
i could easily be called a hater because there is a ton I don't like about Lebron. But none of it is in regards to his talent or ability. In my opinion, anyone who is voting him outside the top 5 at this point have some serious explaining to do. I have him somewhere between 2/3
Jordan, Chamberlain, Magic, Russell, Jabbar, Bird. Which of those are you putting Lebron above? None for me. Lebron is the flavor of the month like Kobe was around 2010. Maybe when he gets done with his career, Lebron will be top 5, but now? No chance. Those guys were too good.
rats60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #513
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstudioedge View Post
He is in the Eastern Conference. I forget what year I looked at the rankings but the year when the cars were second or third in the conference I looked at the western playoff seeds. The Cavs would have been the LOWEST seed in the western conference and they were ranked 2nd or 3rd in the east. Just imagine if they played in the western conference that year. Would they even make the playoffs?

Lebron is a great player, but his competition is so weak and has been for several years. Lebron is smart tho. If he can't get his championships he will keep accruing his "STATS" to make people forget about his lack of winning (when you don't win a championship).

He will keep jumping from super team to super team to give himself the best chance to win. Everyone will forget how he won. Just like people will forget that Durant copped out to join the warriors, but that was in response to Lebron's moves. So kinda can't blame durant. He beat james at his own game.

After Lebron lost in the finals...he posted his "STATS." Lebron cares very much about his stats.
You guys act like the eastern conference never plays the western conference. Lebron does perfectly fine when he plays western conference teams throughout his career. Over .600 winning percentage. And he's never done what Durant has done. Not even close. Joining players on teams that can't win championships on their own is not joining a "super team". What Durant did will go down as the softest most cupcake move in the history of sports.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #514
pingbling23

Lebron is the flavor of the month. Funniest thing I’ve read yet lmao.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #515
pgisback

Quote:
Well just this year for example Anthony Davis. Swept a team that has a player who made this years 1st All-NBA team in it. Did it without DeMarcus cousins too. Then had to face GS with Durant and Curry.

How do you think the Cavs would have gone ??

and you say better teams?? according to who?? Lebron is the best player in the League right now, Who has he faced? Victor Olapido?? Lowy ?? Are any of those guys top 10 players?? top 20??

give me a break..............
Toronto and Boston were 41-19 against the west. So apparently because you guys hate Lebron so much, the entire NBA is terrible in your eyes. And AD is incredible, generational talent. But Lebron has been doing this for a decade. AD just won his first playoff series. Let's be real here.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:29 PM   #516
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
Lebron is the flavor of the month. Funniest thing I’ve read yet lmao.
Yea, that cracked me up, lmao. You can write an absolutely hilarious book of lebron hater quotes. The stuff they come up with is incredible.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:59 PM   #517
nfunk

If you can't appreciate what LBJ is doing, shame on you.

Stop the comparisons, stop the nonsense, and enjoy what you're witnessing.
nfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #518
ACCDADEAL

Mj 1A
LBJ 1B
Wilt 2
Russ 3

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Please feel free to counter offer my prices in a PM. Thanks!
ACCDADEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:10 PM   #519
jpstudioedge
Banned

Quote:
Who are you comparing him to that has had a more impressive run against better teams with less support? Thatís why I know Lebron is GOAT. The standards his haters set for him are so high no other player in the history of the NBA has met them.
Allen Iverson 2001
Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #520
jpstudioedge
Banned

Quote:
You guys act like the eastern conference never plays the western conference. Lebron does perfectly fine when he plays western conference teams throughout his career. Over .600 winning percentage. And he's never done what Durant has done. Not even close. Joining players on teams that can't win championships on their own is not joining a "super team". What Durant did will go down as the softest most cupcake move in the history of sports.
I honestly can't blame Durant. He just beat Lebron at his own superteam game.

IF you don't understand its a harder road to the NBA finals in the west than there is no point in presenting you with more evidence.

Lebron went to Miami and was FAVORED to win the title. Before playing one game because of Wade and Bosh. He still couldn't even win his first year. So yes it was very close to what Durant did, but Durants move was even more soft, but again can't blame him because if thats what LEbron does might as well beat him at his own game of team hopping.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #521
jpstudioedge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
Jordan, Chamberlain, Magic, Russell, Jabbar, Bird. Which of those are you putting Lebron above? None for me. Lebron is the flavor of the month like Kobe was around 2010. Maybe when he gets done with his career, Lebron will be top 5, but now? No chance. Those guys were too good.
Yeah I put Lebron at #5 or #4. See what people will be saying after he doesn't win another title this year.

Kobe was a beast. Look at what he did in one on one situations against Lebron. I know kobes TEAM lost more times in regular season, look at the one on one situations tho. Especially in the all star game where Lebron didn't get his help with pick and rolls. Pushed him left and had two blocks within two minutes.

Its a lose lose for Lebron this year. He loses tomorrow he loses against a team without their TWO stars. If he loses in the finals he will have 6 losses.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:19 PM   #522
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpstudioedge View Post
I honestly can't blame Durant. He just beat Lebron at his own superteam game.

IF you don't understand its a harder road to the NBA finals in the west than there is no point in presenting you with more evidence.

Lebron went to Miami and was FAVORED to win the title. Before playing one game because of Wade and Bosh. He still couldn't even win his first year. So yes it was very close to what Durant did, but Durants move was even more soft, but again can't blame him because if thats what LEbron does might as well beat him at his own game of team hopping.
Never said it wasn't a harder road. But acting like it's easy for anyone to win in the East is ridiculous. Boston, Toronto, and Indiana would be a tough trio of teams for any team in the NBA to get through this year. Acting like they're easy to beat just because they're in the "east" is a shame to the game. And the West is no where as dominant as they were 3 years ago. Lebron never joined a super team. You can say he created one, but he never joined one.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #523
factoryofsadnes

Come on man where's 7 time yes 7 time NBA Champ Robert Horry on that list????
It's all about championships right??? That's what seperates MJ from LaBron so in that thinking Horry is better than both right?
factoryofsadnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #524
Vintage Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
Lebron is the flavor of the month. Funniest thing Iíve read yet lmao.
The NBA has had the same flavor for the last 15 years. I am W ijth the poster who wrote. Shut up and enjoy what we are witnessing.
Never Forget 9/11, Be Diligent and Safe!
Vintage Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #525
jpstudioedge
Banned

Quote:
Who are you comparing him to that has had a more impressive run against better teams with less support? Thatís why I know Lebron is GOAT. The standards his haters set for him are so high no other player in the history of the NBA has met them.
Also since when is it about having a good "run?" We call those people losers if they don't win championships. But I guess we don't care about that anymore. Its more about flooding stat sheets and the trendy triple double that no one cared about a 10 years ago. And posting your stats when you lose in the NBA finals lol.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of this season. Lots of new media pushed story lines will develop. They will start to talk about KD being the best in the NBA if GS wins and lebrons age, etc, etc. We'll see.