pokemon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #76
MFaulkCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexvos View Post
I agree with most of what you have said, but I disagree here. Favre has a huge following but s true junk era RC. His best regular edition card is from 92. Favre’s following is as strong as Rodgers. The guy sat for 4 years, I agree he is Top tier but Brees was on that same level. He won a Super Bowl in New Orleans which is something I thought I would never see in my lifetime. When healthy Rodgers has been the best of the last 5 years though
If you think brees is/was on the same level as Rodgers at any point in the last 7-8 years then there is no reason to continue having a discussion about this
MFaulkCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #77
rexvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFaulkCollector View Post
If you think brees is/was on the same level as Rodgers at any point in the last 7-8 years then there is no reason to continue having a discussion about this
Definitely not the last 3-4 as I believe Brees has taken a step back as Rodgers has continued to be incredible when healthy. Before that they were dang close
Old 08-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #78
MFaulkCollector

Quote:
Definitely not the last 3-4 as I believe Brees has taken a step back as Rodgers has continued to be incredible when healthy. Before that they were dang close
They were never close. Even most Brady guys think Rodgers is the most talented complete package to ever play the position. Add to that Rodgers is the most efficient qb in history in terms of td to int ratio and rating. He just doesn’t have the team accomplishments of a Montana or Brady

Brees is a high volume passer who throws a lot of interceptions. He has had a lot of losing record seasons. He’s a great player but even mention him in the same sentence as Rodgers is laughable. Marino, Elway, Montana, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Young, even Favre... we are talking league MVPs and most of which did it more than once. Brees is not a league MVP calibur player. He doesn’t make the saints a playoff team every year by himself

The gap is huge... really all I have to say about it.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #79
rexvos

Quote:
They were never close. Even most Brady guys think Rodgers is the most talented complete package to ever play the position. Add to that Rodgers is the most efficient qb in history in terms of td to int ratio and rating. He just doesn’t have the team accomplishments of a Montana or Brady

Brees is a high volume passer who throws a lot of interceptions. He has had a lot of losing record seasons. He’s a great player but even mention him in the same sentence as Rodgers is laughable. Marino, Elway, Montana, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Young, even Favre... we are talking league MVPs and most of which did it more than once. Brees is not a league MVP calibur player. He doesn’t make the saints a playoff team every year by himself

We can just disagree. Your boy has 2 MVPs well deserved, but to say Brees is not MVP caliber is just plain dumb. He was runner up more than once . You like Rodgers better and I am not disagreeing. You must also talk to different Brady people because none of the ones I know concede anything to Rodgers or Manning
Old 08-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #80
MFaulkCollector

Quote:
We can just disagree. Your boy has 2 MVPs well deserved, but to say Brees is not MVP caliber is just plain dumb. He was runner up more than once . You like Rodgers better and I am not disagreeing. You must also talk to different Brady people because none of the ones I know concede anything to Rodgers or Manning
Rodgers isn’t my boy... I don’t have “boys”. I use facts along with knowledge to form an opinion

If anything brees is my “boy”. I like him more than any other player
Old 08-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #81
DaaaaBears

People aren't getting what I was saying: Brees chrome Rc/999 is a great card to get, but, not at artificially inflated prices - Also, anyone should be cautious when it comes to spending big $$$ on any chrome cards imo - No one seems to actually know what causes them to hulk out yet, right? It's all theories and not a specific answer - Someone should ask Topps if they can provide an answer to this as it would maybe help to avoid it
DaaaaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #82
blackandgold

Quote:
Their was nobody better than Brees 2009-2011 To say he’s not on the same level of Rodgers is flat out wrong. Even with Rodgers big arm Brees was still better last year throwing the deep ball
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #83
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaBears View Post
People aren't getting what I was saying: Brees chrome Rc/999 is a great card to get, but, not at artificially inflated prices - Also, anyone should be cautious when it comes to spending big $$$ on any chrome cards imo - No one seems to actually know what causes them to hulk out yet, right? It's all theories and not a specific answer - Someone should ask Topps if they can provide an answer to this as it would maybe help to avoid it
So what you’re saying, and please correct me if I’m wrong, is that Rodgers is better than Brees.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #84
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
Their was nobody better than Brees 2009-2011 To say he’s not on the same level of Rodgers is flat out wrong. Even with Rodgers big arm Brees was still better last year throwing the deep ball
He was also better at avoiding the rush.

Yeah, I said it.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #85
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
He was also better at avoiding the rush.

Yeah, I said it.
You referring to this?

Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #86
packerfan4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaBears View Post
I don't think the prices are artificially inflated. They are the new norm, that's all there is to it. I'm not in here to debate Rodgers vs brees or anyone else for that matter. There is no debating that 2001 chrome was the most limited of all time though. The standard "base" RC fell one per box, not 2 per pack, was a refractor front limited to /999 copies. Throw in the black /100 and there's only 1,099 Brees (or any other rookie in '01) chrome rookies. Add in the psa registry thing and the fact that brees is about to break a bunch of records, and you see the new norm. Close this thread up now, everything has been covered and it seems like it's about to devolve into a pissing match like most of these types of threads tend to do.
packerfan4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:16 PM   #87
oldgoldy97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
You referring to this?

Old 08-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #88
rexvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan4200 View Post
I don't think the prices are artificially inflated. They are the new norm, that's all there is to it. I'm not in here to debate Rodgers vs brees or anyone else for that matter. There is no debating that 2001 chrome was the most limited of all time though. The standard "base" RC fell one per box, not 2 per pack, was a refractor front limited to /999 copies. Throw in the black /100 and there's only 1,099 Brees (or any other rookie in '01) chrome rookies. Add in the psa registry thing and the fact that brees is about to break a bunch of records, and you see the new norm. Close this thread up now, everything has been covered and it seems like it's about to devolve into a pissing match like most of these types of threads tend to do.
Yep. I think I will keep mine
Old 08-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #89
Archangel1775

Quote:
No you do not understand it is the card used in the Registry for all the major sets. You have no clue what you are talking about
I do understand and I guarantee that the top dogs in the registry already secured their copies before they voted on the what card to use. But that's a different beast.

Quote:
The HOF Rookie Card set is the biggest one and it only uses the Chrome. The set you mentioned you can use any card of any HOF player. It does not even have to be a RC.
That is the one I am referring to,the Rookie Card registry,not the cute ones.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #90
rexvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel1775 View Post
I do understand and I guarantee that the top dogs in the registry already secured their copies before they voted on the what card to use. But that's a different beast.

It has to be the 01 Topps Chrome. It is a key card registry. Not multiple choice
Old 08-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #91
rexvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel1775 View Post

If you understood then you would know that you can not pick any card you like to compete in that set in your original post saying the Payton RC example did not line up. Not that important just pointing out the facts since I have participating in these sets for over a decade
Old 08-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #92
dfr52

Quote:
That is part of it. There is a segment of high end collectors that do not touch modern until they reach a certain threshold. I would contend Brees reached it long ago and I found this spike shocking. That segment does not collect autos, but primarily the key RC. The question you should be asking is why is the 1998 SP Authentic Manning so undervalued. There are 2000 copies and almost 500 9s and almost 100 10s but it can be had for under $1000. He is top tier of top tier no doubt but this Brees is currently dwarfing it. That will have to correct somewhat in my opinion
The pop is so low on Brees that I don't know if the price falls. It is nearly a 5 times lower pop than Manning and 3 times lower than Brady.
dfr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #93
dfr52

Quote:

The most talented QB might be Tarkenton who posted career stats that seem like decades ahead of his time.

Brees is the resason the Saints have remained relevant and at least have a shot at the Playoffs every year. He also has not had the benefit of a defense that has featured Peppers, Matthews, or Woodson.
dfr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #94
marinocollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfr52 View Post
The most talented QB might be Tarkenton who posted career stats that seem like decades ahead of his time.

Brees is the resason the Saints have remained relevant and at least have a shot at the Playoffs every year. He also has not had the benefit of a defense that has featured Peppers, Matthews, or Woodson.
So much fail....

I could go on... but yeah....

No one here understand quarterbacks, print runs, Topps Chrome, generational price bumps, the power of investors and collectors, the difference between projections and reality, and how bad of good Drew Brees really is.

I’ll just say this.... continue these threads and have fun... but realize as the NFL packs stadiums full of 50,000 people who spend $1000s to go to every game every season, spending $1000 on the best RC seems low by comparison.

Maybe rather than berate it like everyone did with Brady, learn from it. And pay attention because Roethlisberger is going to make Brees look like Matt Stafford.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #95
rittdk01

I wouldn’t put a lot in Brees as an investment. I don’t care what his numbers are, he’s just never going to be as collectible as manning or Brady. A lot of should have seasons and one
Dirty championship run. He’s ran his mouth too much for a lot of fans as well.
rittdk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #96
mcgahee21nfl
Inactive Account

Quote:

Game, set, match. From easily the biggest Drew Brees fan on the board.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #97
marinocollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittdk01 View Post
I wouldn’t put a lot in Brees as an investment. I don’t care what his numbers are, he’s just never going to be as collectible as manning or Brady. A lot of should have seasons and one
Dirty championship run. He’s ran his mouth too much for a lot of fans as well.
I think Brees is a better investment than p Mann. Not Eli mann. Eli mann is definitely the best investment of the 3. One day the NY market will appreciate Eli.
Brees RC stuff is in such smaller supply. Plus the best “RC” of p mann is so expensive, it makes investing difficult. That and the SPA was a great card on everyone’s radar from day 1 makes it a dealers dream. You’ll never see a surge on p mann. He had his last one in 2006. Here Brees has hid behind p mann and brady and Rodgers and OH MY GOSH HES ACTUALLY HAD A GREAT CAREER AND ALL HIS 2001 CARDS ARE SCARCE.

Eli will get a bump one day once people realize playing in NY stadium destroys all QBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
Game, set, match. From easily the biggest Drew Brees fan on the board.
I’m mad. It’s taken me 2 years to drill that stuff into his head, and in turn I miss out of the Brees boom. Looks like both of us were right Kyle!
Old 08-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #98
blackandgold

Quote:

So many wrong statements in this synopsis I’ll just point out 1 MARINO in 16 seasons threw 252 interceptions to Brees 228
blackandgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #99
MFaulkCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandgold View Post
So many wrong statements in this synopsis I’ll just point out 1 MARINO in 16 seasons threw 252 interceptions to Brees 228
So in a span of 20 years difference between the two.... where the league went from 30 tds and 17 picks being a great year to Rodgers,Brady,manning having seasons of like 45 and 8...... the fact the difference is only 25 is a HUGE indictment on Bree’s lack of td to pick efficiency in a league where q b efficiency has seen third tier guys go for 30 and 10.

Don’t bother thinking about era.. let’s just compare overall efficiency from the 80s, early 90s to the late 00s and 10s..... laughable
Old 08-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #100
Scottish Punk

I am so late to the party for getting a Brees RC. I don't have a Brady or Rodgers yet either. Spending most of your money on vintage will do that. . I am not surprised his cards are spiking. He is set to pass some hallowed records. All the media attention is Brady v Peyton. Brees has always been right there with them as one of the best QBs in the league. He is way more than a "volume" passer. That is nonsense. He has carried his team just like Rodgers, Brady, or Peyton. I have seen all of them play insane football for 2 month stretches and reel of wins. Those four will be considered the "golden age of QBs". You can argue all of them being top ten-fifteen all time.
Scottish Punk is online now   Reply With Quote