Blowout Cards Forums
incentives bonus

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

Notices

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
lauer324
Member
 
lauer324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 80
Default Steiner David Wright event

On Thursday, David Wright will be doing an event in NY at the Steiner headquarters in New Rochelle. Has anyone ever been to any of these events before?
We are driving up from Ohio for the event because this is a once in a lifetime type thing for me. I don't know if I will ever get to do something like this again. Any info or advice you can give would be very helpful. I'm hoping you won't see a crazy lady on the news Thursday night accosting David Wright, but I make no promises to you guys or my poor husband.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lauer324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
BigL7370
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauer324 View Post
On Thursday, David Wright will be doing an event in NY at the Steiner headquarters in New Rochelle. Has anyone ever been to any of these events before?
We are driving up from Ohio for the event because this is a once in a lifetime type thing for me. I don't know if I will ever get to do something like this again. Any info or advice you can give would be very helpful. I'm hoping you won't see a crazy lady on the news Thursday night accosting David Wright, but I make no promises to you guys or my poor husband.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Expect a 'moment' with David Wright and/or autograph if that is what you paid for - don't expect anything 'extra' if that is what you are looking for.
BigL7370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #3
lauer324
Member
 
lauer324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 80
Default

We get an autographed bat, a picture with him (which I know will be rushed), and then there is a Q&A. We also did the VIP dinner with him. I assume him at a table and us sectioned off, but at leadt I will finally get to meet him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL7370 View Post
Expect a 'moment' with David Wright and/or autograph if that is what you paid for - don't expect anything 'extra' if that is what you are looking for.
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lauer324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #4
BigL7370
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauer324 View Post
We get an autographed bat, a picture with him (which I know will be rushed), and then there is a Q&A. We also did the VIP dinner with him. I assume him at a table and us sectioned off, but at leadt I will finally get to meet him.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Hope you have a good time.
BigL7370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #5
lauer324
Member
 
lauer324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL7370 View Post
Hope you have a good time.
Thanks. Gonna hit Cooperstown the next day. I will be in baseball heaven. I might actually have to let my husband spend money on cards for a change after this. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lauer324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #6
Jmay
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2,139
Default

Sounds awesome!
Hope it goes well!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jmay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:01 PM   #7
Tapout57
Member
 
Tapout57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 855
Default

Have a great time! Safe travels
__________________
Mets 2035 World Series Champs
Tapout57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:03 PM   #8
hairysasquatch
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the Woods, Central NY
Posts: 10,608
Default

Why would I go to that when I can talk to him whenever I want just by calling Topps?
__________________
#LivingHODL - Proud member of the 2678 (or less) Club!
hairysasquatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:17 PM   #9
TimBuckTwo
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Why would I go to that when I can talk to him whenever I want just by calling Topps?
Me, Myself and I
TimBuckTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #10
iluvfish2
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 25,172
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Enjoy and have fun!
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:45 AM   #11
lauer324
Member
 
lauer324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 80
Default

Thanks guys. I don't get to do much because I have a brain disease that stops me from a lot of stuff, but I am definitely sucking it up for this. Brain surgery 4 on the horizon, child's play, David Wright in person, one more dream person met. Pray for my husband that they don't have extra things to purchase at the event.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lauer324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #12
ksemmel
Member
 
ksemmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 4,549
Default

Sounds like an awesome 2 days! Please post some photos and a summary when all is said and done. As a Mets' fan, I always enjoyed watching the way Wright played the game. Was always great to me as a kid to when I went to games and was trying to get an autograph.

Good luck on the surgery as well!
__________________
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
ksemmel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:20 AM   #13
lauer324
Member
 
lauer324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 80
Default

Thanks! And I will. I tried to get him to spring for tickets to the Subway Series that starts that weekend, but it was pushing my luck with the money we are already spending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksemmel View Post
Sounds like an awesome 2 days! Please post some photos and a summary when all is said and done. As a Mets' fan, I always enjoyed watching the way Wright played the game. Was always great to me as a kid to when I went to games and was trying to get an autograph.

Good luck on the surgery as well!
Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lauer324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #14
lauer324
Member
 
lauer324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 80
Default

Let me say, this was totally worth it. Not only was he honest about how he thought he was doing health wise, but he was very personable. Afterwards, as part of our package, we had a dinner with him and about 15 other people and he spent the entire time just talking and having a good time. I was fortunate enough to sit next to a gentleman who is on the board of David's foundation and he told me some amazing stories while we waited. It was an awesome experience. Now to Cooperstown tomorrow!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
lauer324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:58 PM   #15
hairysasquatch
Member
 
hairysasquatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the Woods, Central NY
Posts: 10,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauer324 View Post
Let me say, this was totally worth it. Not only was he honest about how he thought he was doing health wise, but he was very personable. Afterwards, as part of our package, we had a dinner with him and about 15 other people and he spent the entire time just talking and having a good time. I was fortunate enough to sit next to a gentleman who is on the board of David's foundation and he told me some amazing stories while we waited. It was an awesome experience. Now to Cooperstown tomorrow!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Bacon neck t-shirt?

I wish he had avoided all the injuries - I agree he is a class act.
__________________
#LivingHODL - Proud member of the 2678 (or less) Club!
hairysasquatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:04 PM   #16
ThoseBackPages
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 28,491
Default

glad he wasnt injured at the dinner
__________________
clectors proclaim: "the hobby is dead" & are MEGA FURIOUS AND MEGA LIVID!!!
Graded Rookie Card Collector
FOMO & POMO
#LighthouseBONER
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.