Blowout Cards Forums
2018 Bargain

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #101
jrg1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If you say so. He was out of line. Hopefully they throw him out of the sport and change the rule. Dude got his fame, he can be on his way now.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...34280475856897

Thanks for posting that. More proof that he was coaching during the match. If he wasn’t coaching he would have responded with “I did not coach her.” No other reason to dance around the question.

My question is, why has there not been outrage when he has used the same rulings against male tennis players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrg1128 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #102
Orangejello727

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrg1128 View Post
Thanks for posting that. More proof that he was coaching during the match. If he wasn’t coaching he would have responded with “I did not coach her.” No other reason to dance around the question.

My question is, why has there not been outrage when he has used the same rulings against male tennis players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know Baijn admitted to coaching during the match as well. I wonder why Ramos didnt come down on that one?

I almost feel like pointing out that Nadals uncle coaches him so much that he no longer even shows up to events anymore. Yet he has never in the history of the sport been penalized with a point. But you will argue that the point was given because she continued after and broke her raquet and talked smack. Which leads right back to what I said...Ramos had a purpose to antagonize her when she was down and out and make an example out of her for the purpose of letting the world know that Umpires rule the sport, not super star athletes. Hence why he has done the same to the best in the male tennis rankings.

The problem here is not that every coach does it. The problem is the umpire chooses to ignore it and enforce it on whom they choose. Circling back to my point about umpires making judgement calls...not laying rules down. That is what this umpire lacks. He see all them being coached. He picks and chooses which ones to go after and which ones to ignore. When you are as big as Serena is in her sport....Ramos comes after you for his 15 min of fame. Unfortunately it comes with the territory. Haters will do whatever it takes to bring your fame down when you are at the top. Thats why the fans boo'd. They saw exactly what was happening. A star being put in their place because an Umpire thinks they own the game.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 09-14-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #103
rats60

Quote:
Her coach admitting "All coaches ....COACH all the time" is not admitting anything. Thats like a police officer asking you if you are a criminal by breaking the law doing 60 in a 55 zone and you answer back "I was keeping up with traffic".

She was not cheating. She doesnt need to. Has she not earned that respect and qualifier based on the number of titles she has won. Unless you are telling me she cheated to get them all??
Her coach was cheating. When you get pulled over for speeding, try telling the cop that someone else was speeding too. That won't get you out of a ticket. If Serena doesn't need to cheat, then she needs to tell her coach not to coach her during the match. However, she sure looked like she needed some coaching to me because she was getting beaten so badly.
rats60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #104
rats60

Quote:
If you say so. He was out of line. Hopefully they throw him out of the sport and change the rule. Dude got his fame, he can be on his way now.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...34280475856897
Ramos is one of the top officials in tennis. He has been chair umpire at all 4 majors finals as well as the Olympics finals. He is not going anywhere. If Serena doesn't like it, she can retire.

Ramos has been tough on many other players, both men and women, including Serena's sister for being coached during a match. He enforces the rules strictly. The players need to adjust. Others have complained about Ramos, but they were smart enough to not push him too far. Serena's mistake was not shutting her mouth. She should have let him know that she was upset and then dropped it. Since she wouldn't, she got the punishment she deserved.
rats60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #105
jrg1128

Quote:
You know Baijn admitted to coaching during the match as well. I wonder why Ramos didnt come down on that one?

I almost feel like pointing out that Nadals uncle coaches him so much that he no longer even shows up to events anymore. Yet he has never in the history of the sport been penalized with a point. But you will argue that the point was given because she continued after and broke her raquet and talked smack. Which leads right back to what I said...Ramos had a purpose to antagonize her when she was down and out and make an example out of her for the purpose of letting the world know that Umpires rule the sport, not super star athletes. Hence why he has done the same to the best in the male tennis rankings.

The problem here is not that every coach does it. The problem is the umpire chooses to ignore it and enforce it on whom they choose. Circling back to my point about umpires making judgement calls...not laying rules down. That is what this umpire lacks. He see all them being coached. He picks and chooses which ones to go after and which ones to ignore. When you are as big as Serena is in her sport....Ramos comes after you for his 15 min of fame. Unfortunately it comes with the territory. Haters will do whatever it takes to bring your fame down when you are at the top. Thats why the fans boo'd. They saw exactly what was happening. A star being put in their place because an Umpire thinks they own the game.
Did he come after all the others that he enforced the same rules on for "15 minutes of fame?" Why is it only a big deal since it was Serena? Why wasn't it a big deal when it was a male tennis player that he did it to? Why didn't people cry sexism or racism when he gave the same penalty to Djokovic when all he did was raise his racquet towards Ramos? (And this was a stretch at best, and didn't warrant a penalty even close to as much as Serena did) Ramos will continue to call big matches as he is a top official in all of tennis and Serena will continue to win titles.

You said in a post earlier "If your argument is Serena is the ONLY person to be coached by coaches then you have a point. But we know thats not true. But she is the only being called out on it. We both know why.."

Now you say this "A star being put in their place because an Umpire thinks they own the game."

So what is it? Did he do it because she is a woman? A minority? Or did he do it because he thinks he owns the game? C'mon man at least stick to a stance.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #106
Bulls90s

Wow, just wow...

A lot of misogynists in this thread..it is so obvious! You guys just bad as Donnie Trump.

Urban Meyer is a serial liar --Deadspin
Bulls90s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #107
jdandns

It's simply too much to resist. Serena checks a lot of boxes for them.
Put it out!
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:23 AM   #108
rittdk01

Quote:
I said I think it's a stupid rule. But it is a rule nonetheless. All coaches coach all the time means that he was coaching lol c'mon man.

She is arguably the greatest women's tennis player in history, so of course she has earned respect. But no matter how good you are, you aren't above the rules.

He should have given her a warning at first, but he doesn't have to. But after she got the first violation, she should have settled down. You can lay a little blame on the official (even though he just enforced the rules), but you can't say that Serena and the official are of even fault. Not even close.
There’s not really “arguably” she’s the best by a wide margin.

The ump got just as into it as the player, and that’s problematic.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #109
Orangejello727

Quote:
Did he come after all the others that he enforced the same rules on for "15 minutes of fame?" Why is it only a big deal since it was Serena? Why wasn't it a big deal when it was a male tennis player that he did it to? Why didn't people cry sexism or racism when he gave the same penalty to Djokovic when all he did was raise his racquet towards Ramos? (And this was a stretch at best, and didn't warrant a penalty even close to as much as Serena did) Ramos will continue to call big matches as he is a top official in all of tennis and Serena will continue to win titles.

You said in a post earlier "If your argument is Serena is the ONLY person to be coached by coaches then you have a point. But we know thats not true. But she is the only being called out on it. We both know why.."

Now you say this "A star being put in their place because an Umpire thinks they own the game."

So what is it? Did he do it because she is a woman? A minority? Or did he do it because he thinks he owns the game? C'mon man at least stick to a stance.
He came after two of the top male tennis players. None of them were given points. Serena was. Shes at the top of the game. She has been vocal. She demands respect on the court for being the best. Ramos tried to put that in check. She lost it and had a tantrum while she was getting a beat down by a player much younger than her and one that is coached by her ex coach. It was a perfect storm. ALL Of this could have been handled much better by both parties. But the infractions are ruled by the umpire.. who has the responsibility of judgement. He judgement was over board and led to what played out. This is why I compared it to the kygrios match. Two umpires handling the situation differently. One gives a talk and gets things back in order. The other just accuses and lays the rule of law down and torches a player. See the difference? Which one do you think worked out better?

That is how I see it. If you dont, Im okay with it. Thats why we have these back and forth debates.
Orangejello727 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #110
Moose48

Quote:
You have to be on crack.

Mohamed Lahyani gave Nick Kyrgios a pep talk when he was in the same position Serena was in ..all bothered and frustrated. Ramos did the exact opposite and accused her of cheating outright.

Umpiring a match is not about laying the laws of rule. Its about judgement. Judgement on calls during the match.

Ironically after all this took place, the elite umpires are all now crying about how they dont get any respect and no national attention. They are now calling for a unionized system to give them $$ and respect.

When Serena was done being a baby about this, she even said Ramos is a great umpire. Showing that she is over it. But the damn umpires are still up in arms and talking about how they will boycott Serena matches. Who are babies now?
And Lahyani was totally out of line for doing that. He was way more out of line than Ramos was. Many considered he was literally coaching Kygrios, to the detrement of his opponent.

I must have missed where Serena said he was a great umpire?

Card Apps: UNIVBFAN on Bunt & Huddle, UNIVBFAN1 on SWCT, SLAM & TWD

Last edited by Moose48; 09-15-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Moose48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 03:33 PM   #111
Moose48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittdk01 View Post
There’s not really “arguably” she’s the best by a wide margin.

The ump got just as into it as the player, and that’s problematic.
Please support your last statement. I have yet to see a video of Ramos screaming at Serena. If, as you imply, he did, I would have thought that would be all over the place.

Card Apps: UNIVBFAN on Bunt & Huddle, UNIVBFAN1 on SWCT, SLAM & TWD
Moose48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #112
no10pin

Serena is one of, if not the greatest of all time in her sport. That has nothing to do with this particular situation, nor does the color of her skin or her gender.

Someone did the math, and it clearly does not back up her claims.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...000230646.html
Old 09-15-2018, 08:30 PM   #113
Ty Hope

Men : 1500 penalties
Women : 500 penalties

(Data from the last 20 years of Grand Slams)

So much for Serena’s BS argument
Ty Hope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #114
jrg1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
Serena is one of, if not the greatest of all time in her sport. That has nothing to do with this particular situation, nor does the color of her skin or her gender.

Someone did the math, and it clearly does not back up her claims.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...000230646.html
Too many facts in that article, I'm sorry we can't accept that information.
Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM   #115
NoleinJax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls90s View Post
Wow, just wow...

A lot of misogynists in this thread..it is so obvious! You guys just bad as Donnie Trump.
Is that you John Kasich?
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #116
jdandns

Governor of Ohio.
Put it out!
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote