2018 bowman draft

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #326
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post
Just a heads up everyone in case you missed it because I didn't notice this til now: you can exchange 2 gold TOTW for a random gold playoffs player. Doesn't seem like a bad exchange, although I don't know what TOTW golds are going for now, so maybe it'd be more profitable to sell them and snipe playoff golds. I don't know if I care to spend the time doing that though.

Thanks for the heads up. I did see that and took advantage of it- it's the only value they have now because the TOTW events are officially over. I have been grinding and sniping gold TOTW players for a few weeks now using them to get TOTW hero collectibles. Was super bummed to see this set come to an end.
I've been doing the 3 gold player exchange for 7 playoff slogans also- not sure if it's a good deal coin wise but I'm doing anything I can to get gold playoff guys and exchange them for elites. I'm up to 91 Westbrook ATM. Trying to not blow coins but it's hard lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 10:04 PM   #327
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I don't know anything but i really doubt they change the format. They have about 100 things going on with the new promo.

It sounds like they are doing away with the TOTW players and the elite exchange set for the hero item. You can confirm it in the other forum Dave but not sure if you'll want to go for the hero collectible- maybe they will sell higher for awhile at least until they no longer allow people to even get the most recent Curry one. I already got the Curry so I was done with it, especially with the uncertainty going forward

Old 04-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #328
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancecilrn View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I did see that and took advantage of it- it's the only value they have now because the TOTW events are officially over. I have been grinding and sniping gold TOTW players for a few weeks now using them to get TOTW hero collectibles. Was super bummed to see this set come to an end.
I've been doing the 3 gold player exchange for 7 playoff slogans also- not sure if it's a good deal coin wise but I'm doing anything I can to get gold playoff guys and exchange them for elites. I'm up to 91 Westbrook ATM. Trying to not blow coins but it's hard lol.

Yea i do the gold player for 7 collectibles exchange and avoid (unless I have like 7-10 of one team) to do the other exchange for 1 player. Each day certain slogans are hard to get and it pays to save them all. I did a few exchanged with the TOTW player i had but now the price is so inflated unless i just managed to get one I won't be doing that set much.

I see that they added a gold mobile madness exchange yet we still can't do anything with the elite guys unless we wanna treat them like gold players:/

I jsut got the 91 Westbrook this morning. He might be the best player in the game (until you can build 93/95) because my once most hated lineup defense is now a 92 and guys play like 95s.

Quote:
It sounds like they are doing away with the TOTW players and the elite exchange set for the hero item. You can confirm it in the other forum Dave but not sure if you'll want to go for the hero collectible- maybe they will sell higher for awhile at least until they no longer allow people to even get the most recent Curry one. I already got the Curry so I was done with it, especially with the uncertainty going forward

I got the Curry and I'm done with TOTW stuff. I don't know if they will shoot up in value but if they do and I ever get a PG 94+ on 2 way I'll sell it lol. It seems like with curry being a 94 that HOTM would be a bad exchange or investment so i'm just gonna keep him.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #329
briancecilrn

Default NBA Live Mobile- Anyone Play?

I opened 5 of the random 20 K packs (I know, silly right). Well surprisingly I did ok. I got a couple collectibles that aren't worth anything- but then in one pack I got 2 elites- a base Griffin and a CH Randle, then in another pack I got a rising stars gold Harrison Barnes- first time I've ever pulled or seen a rising stars card. I looked in the auction house and looks like the golds sell for like 100 k. So I may come out ahead here.

I buy random pro packs from time to time. I can't imagine all of the coins I'd have if I didn't buy pointless (and value less packs).

Old 04-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #330
dasiegel

Quote:
I opened 5 of the random 20 K packs (I know, silly right). Well surprisingly I did ok. I got a couple collectibles that aren't worth anything- but then in one pack I got 2 elites- a base Griffin and a CH Randle, then in another pack I got a rising stars gold Harrison Barnes- first time I've ever pulled or seen a rising stars card. I looked in the auction house and looks like the golds sell for like 100 k. So I may come out ahead here.

I buy random pro packs from time to time. I can't imagine all of the coins I'd have if I didn't buy pointless (and value less packs).

I also bought all 5 but per usual got nothing special. I will say when this promo started i bought two when golds were like 5k on their one and the packs are 7500 and I got back to back elites for the first time. I have used the pro packs this promo whenever sniping for under 4k is not available. I'm like well for 3500 more i get the chance at an elite and could pull playoff items and build up trophies. Math has to be close especially if you get a few elites.

In my auction house you can't get silver eggs for under 10k ever. But you can buy 10-12.5k sometimes. I've been sniping usually for say 11k and selling at 14.9 or so and making a 1-2k consistently. Pays for some packs, pays for some gambles and as you know you gotta buy some dumb sh!t or the game isn't fun.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #331
dasiegel

Sidenote- elite base players can be had for like 30k at times. Easily flippable for 35-36 which is still2-3k every flip.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #332
mrmojorisin71

Sitting here with 30 gold playoffs and 6 elites and counting, just pulled an 87 lebron out of a pro pack
Old 04-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #333
volblorx8634

Quote:
In my auction house you can't get silver eggs for under 10k ever. But you can buy 10-12.5k sometimes. I've been sniping usually for say 11k and selling at 14.9 or so and making a 1-2k consistently. Pays for some packs, pays for some gambles and as you know you gotta buy some dumb sh!t or the game isn't fun.
Dude, ever since you first mentioned that silver eggs were selling for so much, I used all my silver spring gears to build them and sold all of them for around 17K the past couple days. Prices have gone down a bit, so I'm sniping them for around 10K and selling for 14-15K right now. Thanks a lot, I made a lot of easy coins thanks to you!

The other real easy way I've found to make coins recently is sniping more valuable (leopard, orange espeically) chicks for 50K or less and selling them for 150-200K or sniping the 89+ CH elites for under 100K and selling for 130-150K. The advantage is that there's a lot of profit to be had and much less competition because people have moved on from chicks and the Campus Legends. Unfortunately, they don't show up as often as the eggs, playoff elites, base elites, etc. So you could search every 5 minutes for half an hour and only find one item worth buying to resell. But it has really helped me avoid losing all my coins by buying playoff golds and elites needed for the sets.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:18 AM   #334
briancecilrn

Quote:
Sidenote- elite base players can be had for like 30k at times. Easily flippable for 35-36 which is still2-3k every flip.

Yeah crazy the other night I won about 5 base elites for under 27 k and a couple under 30 k. I've sold about half of them for 42-45 k. Just crazy how cheap base elites are. It shouldn't take people starting out very long to build an all elites team if they do it right.

I've been selling playoff golds if I have triple of that team ( even though I know I'll need them eventually). Most recent exchange got the 93 chris Paul but didn't need it so sold it. Fun promo.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:14 PM   #335
dasiegel

Quote:
Dude, ever since you first mentioned that silver eggs were selling for so much, I used all my silver spring gears to build them and sold all of them for around 17K the past couple days. Prices have gone down a bit, so I'm sniping them for around 10K and selling for 14-15K right now. Thanks a lot, I made a lot of easy coins thanks to you!

The other real easy way I've found to make coins recently is sniping more valuable (leopard, orange espeically) chicks for 50K or less and selling them for 150-200K or sniping the 89+ CH elites for under 100K and selling for 130-150K. The advantage is that there's a lot of profit to be had and much less competition because people have moved on from chicks and the Campus Legends. Unfortunately, they don't show up as often as the eggs, playoff elites, base elites, etc. So you could search every 5 minutes for half an hour and only find one item worth buying to resell. But it has really helped me avoid losing all my coins by buying playoff golds and elites needed for the sets.
I'm glad that helped brother. We should definitely tell each other if we find trends like that. I have over 10 playoff elites and a bunch of 90+ but man all that money is gone and I'm back to 95k, lol. It sucks having no coin!

Quote:
Yeah crazy the other night I won about 5 base elites for under 27 k and a couple under 30 k. I've sold about half of them for 42-45 k. Just crazy how cheap base elites are. It shouldn't take people starting out very long to build an all elites team if they do it right.

I've been selling playoff golds if I have triple of that team ( even though I know I'll need them eventually). Most recent exchange got the 93 chris Paul but didn't need it so sold it. Fun promo.

It really is incredible, when i joined they were 50k and up, now some can be had for 29k. I bought a Russ to flip at 31 and it has been listed and ended 3 times no sale.

Sucks that spring promo is over. What i think is cool is that as you get better and our rosters seem to all be around the same levels, you can pick and choose which promos you focus on. So for example, right now PG Westbrook 93 or 95 is 100% going down on my roster. 91 3/2 Westbrook is unreal already with +3s! So i'll be at least getting a 93, maybe a 95. But we will have to see hwo this promo goes. Maybe getting the Finals MVP or conference Finals top players will be really helpful...

BUT, what if you have a 95 Westbrook for Big Man and Defense and the next promo for like summer league its not gonna help you. well then you can use that entire promo to make money, not keep a think and keep flipping. So it's cool as you get better that you can do that as wherr when you start you need each promo to build to a good squad.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:18 PM   #336
briancecilrn

I think I have gotten every playoff elite (not counting WB triple double king or Magic master) except for a couple. I was just thinking I haven't gotten 91 Lillard SB or 93 Isiaih Thomas SB well I just did the playoff exchanges for east and west and got them both. So as you can see from the pic below I have 3 studs at the Small Ball pg spot. I like Dragic, haven't played with the other two yet. And of course the Dragic and IT are worth more. I'm down to 250 k in coins, so what is the rational decision to make here ........................................

List all 3 of them at high bin a few times and keep whoever doesn't get bought lol. If none of them sell- repeat and repeat again. If all of them sell- hope the playoff promo exchange will keep being kind to me.

UPDATE- IT sold already lol- listed too low? I think it sold via BIN for 385 k about 10 min after I listed it. I'll take it.

Last edited by briancecilrn; 04-23-2017 at 07:37 PM.
briancecilrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #337
dasiegel

It's funny I am wondering the same thing with selling or keeping them. I don't have IT but I have multiple CP3s and Klay Thompsons and I wonder if I should sell them because they are doubles or keep them becasue they are good players and more importantly they could be used in later rounds with the playoff promotion. I feel like keeping the gold pickems and all these playoff players might pay off, thoughts?
Old 04-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #338
briancecilrn

Quote:
It's funny I am wondering the same thing with selling or keeping them. I don't have IT but I have multiple CP3s and Klay Thompsons and I wonder if I should sell them because they are doubles or keep them becasue they are good players and more importantly they could be used in later rounds with the playoff promotion. I feel like keeping the gold pickems and all these playoff players might pay off, thoughts?

I agree with you Dave. Except for with the playoff golds, I exchange all of mine to get playoff elites (which I'm guessing u do too), I'll sell if I get doubles of a player- because I know I'll continue to get golds from the following teams- jazz, bucks, OKC and pacers. I can't get a Clippers, Spurs or Wizards gold playoff player to save my life.

I am stashing a few elites so that I can at least upgrade the WB to 93-95 version. But if my coins start to get low I always end up selling. I sold the IT and TOTW Dragic. So playing with lillard as SB pg for now. Hoping to hit the IT again and keep him since he's a 93. I keep hitting Dwade lol.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #339
briancecilrn

Kinda cool thing happened to me- nothing major but still a surprise. So I had like 35 eggs leftover, so I started doing the incubation exchange set to trick to hit a sellable chick, or chicken to sell. So I hit about 4 chickens out of the last 35 eggs, then I did the exchange with 10 yolks, 1 chicken and 1 bronze and got a base gold once, a CH gold another time and a base elite Drummond the 3rd time. Then sold the last chicken for 6500. I'll take any win in this game, even if it is small lol. Hoping to turn 35 eggs, and 35 bronze players into 50 k (Drummond elite, gold CH and chicken). So if u guys still have eggs I'd consider exchanging them before the set is gone. It seems like I hit more chickens this time than when the spring promo was going on.

Last edited by briancecilrn; 04-24-2017 at 03:02 PM.
briancecilrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #340
briancecilrn

Random question- has anyone seen on the NBA live forum why the hell EA made Giannis' playoff card a shooting lineup PG? Lol. I'm using him in my lineup but just thought it was random. The PG thing doesn't make sense at all but at least maybe make him a Big Man lineup PG

Old 04-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #341
dasiegel

Quote:
I agree with you Dave. Except for with the playoff golds, I exchange all of mine to get playoff elites (which I'm guessing u do too), I'll sell if I get doubles of a player- because I know I'll continue to get golds from the following teams- jazz, bucks, OKC and pacers. I can't get a Clippers, Spurs or Wizards gold playoff player to save my life.

I am stashing a few elites so that I can at least upgrade the WB to 93-95 version. But if my coins start to get low I always end up selling. I sold the IT and TOTW Dragic. So playing with lillard as SB pg for now. Hoping to hit the IT again and keep him since he's a 93. I keep hitting Dwade lol.

Yea it's very weird, let me check my inventory as I write this. Ok, So here's what I have as of now for the elites. I only mention these because I'm not gonna go for the Magic. I WILL get the 93 Westbrook since the 91 is awesome and I may try for the 95 if it's attainable, anyway:

In my roster I have- Paul George 2 Way 92, Lillard SB 91, Klay SB 90, JR Smith D 87, Wade BM 90, Giannis SH 91

and sitting in sets I have- DeAndre Jordan SB 88 x 2, JR Smith 87, DeMarre Carroll 84, CP3, 93, Klay 90, Lillard 91, Wade 90.

So I know later tonight I'll be able to get either another 90 for each conference or maybe that and one more base playoff elite. The problem is how much more can I do before the 1st round is over? I also have no coins at this point and would need to replace some guys if i had to drag players off my team. I do have 88 Kyrie Int'l, 88 Love SB, 89 Wiggins 2Way and the unsellable/unexchangeable Melo and Curry 86 from the madness set. But I literally have like 0 coins. I'll probably have 50k after some auctions sell.

Quote:
Random question- has anyone seen on the NBA live forum why the hell EA made Giannis' playoff card a shooting lineup PG? Lol. I'm using him in my lineup but just thought it was random. The PG thing doesn't make sense at all but at least maybe make him a Big Man lineup PG

I have him in too but he sucks. He's so slow and can't steal on any crossovers, so frustrating as that is the main way I get steals.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #342
briancecilrn

Quote:
Yea it's very weird, let me check my inventory as I write this. Ok, So here's what I have as of now for the elites. I only mention these because I'm not gonna go for the Magic. I WILL get the 93 Westbrook since the 91 is awesome and I may try for the 95 if it's attainable, anyway:

In my roster I have- Paul George 2 Way 92, Lillard SB 91, Klay SB 90, JR Smith D 87, Wade BM 90, Giannis SH 91

and sitting in sets I have- DeAndre Jordan SB 88 x 2, JR Smith 87, DeMarre Carroll 84, CP3, 93, Klay 90, Lillard 91, Wade 90.

So I know later tonight I'll be able to get either another 90 for each conference or maybe that and one more base playoff elite. The problem is how much more can I do before the 1st round is over? I also have no coins at this point and would need to replace some guys if i had to drag players off my team. I do have 88 Kyrie Int'l, 88 Love SB, 89 Wiggins 2Way and the unsellable/unexchangeable Melo and Curry 86 from the madness set. But I literally have like 0 coins. I'll probably have 50k after some auctions sell.

I have him in too but he sucks. He's so slow and can't steal on any crossovers, so frustrating as that is the main way I get steals.

It bugs me to get down to zero coins also, but it can happen easily. It might be worth selling 2 of your bench 90 plus playoff elites. I've sold a bunch of them. It looks like for Westbrook 93 u need 3 playoff elites (probably 90+ guys). I don't know it depends on how bad it bothers u to have zero coins lol

Old 04-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #343
IronMonkey415

We need earphone to hear the sound?

I tested with the earphone and hear everything, I just took them out and turn the volume all the way up but I am getting no sound at all.

🙈 - 🙉 - 🙊
Bound by blood. Divided by fate. Driven by destiny
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:12 PM   #344
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
We need earphone to hear the sound?

I tested with the earphone and hear everything, I just took them out and turn the volume all the way up but I am getting no sound at all.
Go to settings in the game, sometimes the music or effects randomly turn off
Old 04-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #345
dasiegel

Quote:
It bugs me to get down to zero coins also, but it can happen easily. It might be worth selling 2 of your bench 90 plus playoff elites. I've sold a bunch of them. It looks like for Westbrook 93 u need 3 playoff elites (probably 90+ guys). I don't know it depends on how bad it bothers u to have zero coins lol

I hear u but I'm very hesitant to sell too much without knowing what will be added as the playoffs go on. We might need them for an exchange and or they could be worth more later if say they lead to a 99 Finals MVP.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:27 PM   #346
briancecilrn

Quote:
I hear u but I'm very hesitant to sell too much without knowing what will be added as the playoffs go on. We might need them for an exchange and or they could be worth more later if say they lead to a 99 Finals MVP.

Very true. It stinks not really knowing but makes it fun too- just like with real cards the NBA live auctions are manipulated and values vary greatly, sometimes prices go way up sometimes they bottom out. I have been playing a risk/reward. I'm definitely saving some playoff elites (90+ guys) but I sell some of them too- they are not too hard to build and some are worth quite a bit.

I got super lucky with the big moment exchange- I exchanged 10 big moments (not the 5 elite big moment players) and got a 93 elite big moments harden- I should check what it's worth but putting it in my lineup for now. I couldn't believe it. Like I said it was just the collectibles exchanged for it. I'm sure if I get to do the 5 elite big moment players for one 88+ it won't be that good lol.

Just checked and big moment guys are still not auctionable, which is cool cu I was planning on keeping him. Takes the temptation to sell him out of the equation.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #347
volblorx8634

^^^Huge hit on that Harden right there, congrats!

I'm trying my best to stock up on Playoff elites too. I think I have enough to complete the quarterfinal masters sets, plus 1 90+ elite and maybe 5 of the normal elites? I agree with you guys, it's hard to know whether to sell the extras or just stock up for later in case they're needed and/or go up in value. I feel like the best course of action in this game is to do a bit of both: hold some for later but sell some for profit if you can. Essentially sell some for profit in order to afford purchasing more lol

Anyone have any strategies for getting one of those playoff moments Magic Johnson's? Is the only way to get those elite collectibles by buying them or from packs? There are no sets for that right?

Speaking of playoff Giannis being in a weird lineup, how about Magic? They have him as a big man center and a small ball point guard? haha Makes no sense
Old 04-25-2017, 01:08 AM   #348
briancecilrn

Quote:
^^^Huge hit on that Harden right there, congrats!

I'm trying my best to stock up on Playoff elites too. I think I have enough to complete the quarterfinal masters sets, plus 1 90+ elite and maybe 5 of the normal elites? I agree with you guys, it's hard to know whether to sell the extras or just stock up for later in case they're needed and/or go up in value. I feel like the best course of action in this game is to do a bit of both: hold some for later but sell some for profit if you can. Essentially sell some for profit in order to afford purchasing more lol

Anyone have any strategies for getting one of those playoff moments Magic Johnson's? Is the only way to get those elite collectibles by buying them or from packs? There are no sets for that right?

Speaking of playoff Giannis being in a weird lineup, how about Magic? They have him as a big man center and a small ball point guard? haha Makes no sense
I thought that was random also, kinda bASS ackward, lol.

So how many playoff elites do you have altogether? That's sweet that you have enough saved for the quarterfinals masters set. I'll list them like dasiegel did. I have the following in my actual lineups- 91 Giannis, 92 PG13, 91 Lillard, 92 Draymond (plus 91 triple double Westbrook). On the bench- 90 Dwade x2, 91 Lillard, and 90 Klay. I'm just going to keep building them and sell some and keep some, which is what I've been doing. Not sure what is the best way to attack it is either.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #349
volblorx8634

Right now my playoff elites are

Lineups:
91 Lillard
89 Hayward
87 JR Smith
91 Triple Double Westbrook (I can't imagine how I'll ever get enough pick em badges to get up to 95 Westbrook lol)

In quarterfinal master set waiting to be used:
3x 91 Lillard
90 Klay
2x 91 Giannis
2x 90 Wade
84 Gortat
84 Demarre Caroll
87 JR Smith
85 Schroder
85 Brogdon
3x 84 Ryan Anderson
84 Kanter
84 Parker

On bench to use later or sell:
2x 85 Pau
2x 85 Oladipo

I've been spending a lot of time trying to snipe them lol
Old 04-25-2017, 09:40 AM   #350
briancecilrn

Quote:
Right now my playoff elites are

Lineups:

91 Lillard

89 Hayward

87 JR Smith

91 Triple Double Westbrook (I can't imagine how I'll ever get enough pick em badges to get up to 95 Westbrook lol)

In quarterfinal master set waiting to be used:

3x 91 Lillard

90 Klay

2x 91 Giannis

2x 90 Wade

84 Gortat

84 Demarre Caroll

87 JR Smith

85 Schroder

85 Brogdon

3x 84 Ryan Anderson

84 Kanter

84 Parker

On bench to use later or sell:

2x 85 Pau

2x 85 Oladipo

I've been spending a lot of time trying to snipe them lol

That's crazy man. Some stash of playoff elites. Does the quarter final master set really use that many? If that's the case I won't be getting them lol. Hoping to go for the 95 WB but we'll see.