Blowout Cards Forums
2018 community chest

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #351
dasiegel

I think with Magic, he had a playoff game where he literally played PG and Center and about everything in between so they probably felt it was interchangeable. Small ball I think smaller position-PG, big man I think PF/C so they made him a center for that lineup.

I ended up getting some more elites and 90s yesterday and I feel like I will be able to get the 93 Westbrook pretty easily. The 95 we will just have to see how hard it is but man my team on defense is unreal with that +3. +4 or +5 must be unbelievable.

I can't figure out what they are gonna do with the quarterfinals master set. So like it's just about as hard to get as the top Westbrooks and it'll be a 95ish player? What about during the semis or conference finals or NBA finals? There is just too much unknown. I literally have no interest in the playoff set leading toward the Magic. My team isn't good enough to be going for a 97 anyway, and the amount you have to do to get him I'm sure will be insane.

I'm just putting this out there, I think we should load up on our elites/elite 90s and wait and see what happens. It may give us an idea after the quarterfinals on what we should be doing and at worst we'll have a ton of elites to sell or use even if it's not top dollar. They could go up too.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #352
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I think with Magic, he had a playoff game where he literally played PG and Center and about everything in between so they probably felt it was interchangeable. Small ball I think smaller position-PG, big man I think PF/C so they made him a center for that lineup.

I ended up getting some more elites and 90s yesterday and I feel like I will be able to get the 93 Westbrook pretty easily. The 95 we will just have to see how hard it is but man my team on defense is unreal with that +3. +4 or +5 must be unbelievable.

I can't figure out what they are gonna do with the quarterfinals master set. So like it's just about as hard to get as the top Westbrooks and it'll be a 95ish player? What about during the semis or conference finals or NBA finals? There is just too much unknown. I literally have no interest in the playoff set leading toward the Magic. My team isn't good enough to be going for a 97 anyway, and the amount you have to do to get him I'm sure will be insane.

I'm just putting this out there, I think we should load up on our elites/elite 90s and wait and see what happens. It may give us an idea after the quarterfinals on what we should be doing and at worst we'll have a ton of elites to sell or use even if it's not top dollar. They could go up too.

It's hard for me to not sell guys if I don't "need" them now lol, but I think from here on I'm going to try to build 90+ elites and save them. Unless I get IT again then I'm keeping him for my lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #353
volblorx8634

I agree about loading up on elites, I feel like that is always the M.O with this game. Just like in the MM promo, if you loaded up on MM elites, you could've sold for so much more later in the promo, especially right after the master sets were revealed.

On another note, the gameplay freakin' sucks. It's almost gotten the point where I just give up on playing LVL. H2H and season don't really pique my interest anymore, but LVL gameplay is absolute horse poopoo.

I miss wide open shots, my passes frequently don't go in the direction I intend and get stolen, the switch button never switches onto the man receiving a pass, every time the opponent misses a shot/gets blocked they get the offensive rebound and put back (sometimes 2 or 3 offensive rebounds in a possession, I miss shots with 96 Curry or 92 Jimmer when someone is within 3 feet of me because I'm "tightly guarded" or my "shot challenged" even when there's no hand in my face, etc and my opponent makes 3 pointers that are better defended against with people like 89 freakin' Draymond. My 93 Gobert and Bo Outlaw get outrebounded by the likes of Gordon Hayward, it's ridiculous.

Maybe I just suck and/or have fat fingers, but it's absurd.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:29 AM   #354
briancecilrn

Default NBA Live Mobile- Anyone Play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volblorx8634 View Post

every time the opponent misses a shot/gets blocked they get the offensive rebound and put back (sometimes 2 or 3 offensive rebounds in a possession, I miss shots with 96 Curry or 92 Jimmer when someone is within 3 feet of me because I'm "tightly guarded" or my "shot challenged" even when there's no hand in my face, etc and my opponent makes 3 pointers that are better defended against with people like 89 freakin' Draymond. My 93 Gobert and Bo Outlaw get outrebounded by the likes of Gordon Hayward, it's ridiculous.

Maybe I just suck and/or have fat fingers, but it's absurd.

Lol at the fat fingers comment, I totally agree with the cpu team offensive rebounding like crazy. I am playing a season game right now so I can get the stamina refill, my two way team is a 92 or 93, with 93 AD and 92 Wilt, and the other team just got 5 offensive rebounds in one possession, and I think 2 of them were off blocked shots.

Last edited by briancecilrn; 04-27-2017 at 06:35 AM.
briancecilrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:34 AM   #355
briancecilrn

Hey guys, was just curious, what are favorite guys to play the game with? I'll list mine below.

Favorite Gold player- I don't currently have golds but man there are some good ones. My top 5 are Redick, KAT, Hayward, Wiggins, & Joe Johnson. I'll give the fav to KAT. Guy is a beast.

Favorite Elite to play with- mine are 94 Steph Curry TOTW, 93 Big Moments Harden, & 92 TOTW AD, I'll give the slight edge to 93 Harden over AD (Harden does everything, AD dunks a lot for me and puts down a lot of alley oops)

Let us know who your favorite guys are, it doesn't matter if your team is 70 OVR or 95 OVR.

Last edited by briancecilrn; 04-27-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #356
volblorx8634

My favorite gold by far was always 82 Millsap. He's no longer in my lineup, but the dude is a beast.

I'll have to think more about my favorite elite, as no one stands out to me right now.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #357
dasiegel

I don't have a golds in my lineups anymore but I think Rodney Hood was a pretty good gold.
My favorite elites are:

Curry 94 TOTW
Embiid TOTW 90
Jokic TOTW 91
Westbrook 95 w/ clutch although sometimes if your guarded you can't shoot which is very annoying
Julius Randle TOTW 92

So 4 of my top 5 are TOTW. I like 90 Redick but he's hit or miss and a close call is Scalabrine 93. He might be near the same level as Randle but with better 3s.

Going back to Volblorx above, I think they could have adjusted the game play or maybe as you get better team ratings the game just gets that hard on rebounds and blocks. I remember when my team played against bronze and silver teams I killed them. Then the first time I had a higher ranked team, maybe 85 or 88 the game got really tough and it took me a few days to adjust. Or maybe the tired ass chicken is resting on your fat fingers lol
Old 04-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #358
briancecilrn

I've been going after Eastern Conf Playoff elites like crazy trying to get IT4 again but have had no luck. Just for perspective, I've done the East Quarterfinal Upgrade 16 times and only got IT the once. Got Wade 7 times, Giannis 5 times, and PG13 3 times

Old 04-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #359
briancecilrn

Oh and I finally got an award winner player- I got the sportsmanship award today and got the Kawhi ( I would have still been missing one for the Curry). That was the spot I had the base Durant elite in. So now all of my roster spots are filled with set/specialty players. Working on Dominique Wilkins legend right now, 5 elite trophies away.

Update- got the 94 Legend Nique. Gonna save him and use him for now. I know I can sell him in a pinch for about 500 k

Last edited by briancecilrn; 05-01-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #360
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancecilrn View Post
I've been going after Eastern Conf Playoff elites like crazy trying to get IT4 again but have had no luck. Just for perspective, I've done the East Quarterfinal Upgrade 16 times and only got IT the once. Got Wade 7 times, Giannis 5 times, and PG13 3 times

I've done the West and East both 19 times and I'm 3 ECF (I guess I sold some?) from having both Masters filled except for the last spot which is blacked out. Again, I am totally skipping the Magic stuff so I should be able to get at worst Westbrook 93 and a few high end items.

Quote:
Oh and I finally got an award winner player- I got the sportsmanship award today and got the Kawhi ( I would have still been missing one for the Curry). That was the spot I had the base Durant elite in. So now all of my roster spots are filled with set/specialty players. Working on Dominique Wilkins legend right now, 5 elite trophies away.

Update- got the 94 Legend Nique. Gonna save him and use him for now. I know I can sell him in a pinch for about 500 k

Do you think that the Nique will be worth more or less down the road, how does he play also?
Old 05-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #361
briancecilrn

Quote:
I've done the West and East both 19 times and I'm 3 ECF (I guess I sold some?) from having both Masters filled except for the last spot which is blacked out. Again, I am totally skipping the Magic stuff so I should be able to get at worst Westbrook 93 and a few high end items.

Do you think that the Nique will be worth more or less down the road, how does he play also?

I'm guessing all of the legends will continue to go down in price. The only scenario I could see them possibly creeping up is due to rarity because no one is really doing them because all of the elite promo players (good ones too). 15 elite trophies is a lot for me, plus all of the other needed legend items. He's a SF so I don't use him a whole lot but he seems good so far. He was a big upgrade from a base 87 to a 94.

Man you are tearing up the elite playoff items. I'm building the Westbrook to 95 (hopefully) and making coin on the rest and using some in my lineups. If the quarter players are revealed and I really want them I'll try for them.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:16 PM   #362
dasiegel

Quote:
I'm guessing all of the legends will continue to go down in price. The only scenario I could see them possibly creeping up is due to rarity because no one is really doing them because all of the elite promo players (good ones too). 15 elite trophies is a lot for me, plus all of the other needed legend items. He's a SF so I don't use him a whole lot but he seems good so far. He was a big upgrade from a base 87 to a 94.

Man you are tearing up the elite playoff items. I'm building the Westbrook to 95 (hopefully) and making coin on the rest and using some in my lineups. If the quarter players are revealed and I really want them I'll try for them.

Yea I wanna see if the players revealed are 95+ or at least 94+ players and worth doing. It would be annoying if the qtr final masters were like 93 when people like IT are 93. I think they should be 95 the semifinals 96, the conference finals 97 and the Finals 98. But with the big Magic 97 promo I wonder if it'll be lower.

I have a few elite to spare but I don't wanna sell them without knowing what the next sets are.

Last edited by dasiegel; 05-02-2017 at 12:01 AM.
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:43 AM   #363
briancecilrn

So what did you guys get? The playoff promo is getting confusing (maybe overwhelming is a better word), I got the Master Wall and Master Harden, bummer part is that I thought the Harden was the shooting lineup PG, I was so bummed to see it was SG (because I have unauctionable master Harden 92 in that spot ) lol. And of course I pulled a 93 playoff IT the day before so not sure if I should keep the 93 IT in that spot or the 94 master Wall in that spot (ITs defense blows it seems, but his 3 ball is 87). I haven't done the 93 WB exchange yet, used the playoff elites on the quarterfinals masters
Old 05-03-2017, 01:03 PM   #364
dasiegel

Quote:
So what did you guys get? The playoff promo is getting confusing (maybe overwhelming is a better word), I got the Master Wall and Master Harden, bummer part is that I thought the Harden was the shooting lineup PG, I was so bummed to see it was SG (because I have unauctionable master Harden 92 in that spot ) lol. And of course I pulled a 93 playoff IT the day before so not sure if I should keep the 93 IT in that spot or the 94 master Wall in that spot (ITs defense blows it seems, but his 3 ball is 87). I haven't done the 93 WB exchange yet, used the playoff elites on the quarterfinals masters
That's a great and also annoying point about the Harden. I thought he might be a PG too and if i get the 92 Harden I might rather have that. I did get the 94 Harden and I'm debating if i wanna do the Wall. I know he's a 94 but he sells for poop already and will only go down as more people get him. I have 88 Int'l Kyrie in that spot and while I don't like that he's an 88 he's awesome.

I think it will be really hard to get these semifinal guys and even Harden to do conference Finals and NBA Finals. I'm glad I didn't sell all these elite playoff guys especially for 55-60k.

I need to figure out what will give me the best chance of enjoying playing and upgrading where I need to. The harden allowed me to get rid of Redick CH who was horrible, they must have "nerfed" him as the kids say. Picked up 160k and moved on. Maybe i should take all the elites and hold them for the next round in case there are better options. I will not be able to get ALL of these playoff guys so maybe upgrade the best positions and see how the playoffs shakes out. IT 95 will almost 100% be the semifinals East and I'm guessing the West will be Durant/Curry/Kawhi bc they won't do Harden again.

Maybe values go up on the elites as time goes on and if I can sell 15-20 elites for 80-85k that could be better than 1-2 upgrades that sell for 400-600k???
Old 05-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #365
mrmojorisin71

This promo is pretty good so far, pulled 2 beals and an Aldridge, 2 of the 3 really improve my team
Old 05-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #366
dasiegel

Man I'm hitting a wall with this promo. It is gonna be impossible to get the conference finals and finals players and 91-2-3+ players if it's this hard to get the 91+ semifinal guys. It takes a playoff elite and 10 golds just to get a single 2nd rounder, yikes!

I'm debating whether I should get the Wall 94 or just use my elites (need 3-4 more for the Wall and have all the 90+) for something else. Crazy. I also have no coins, lol. But in the next week or 2 I'll be getting some upgrades from league play so it might just take patience.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #367
briancecilrn

Quote:
Man I'm hitting a wall with this promo. It is gonna be impossible to get the conference finals and finals players and 91-2-3+ players if it's this hard to get the 91+ semifinal guys. It takes a playoff elite and 10 golds just to get a single 2nd rounder, yikes!

I'm debating whether I should get the Wall 94 or just use my elites (need 3-4 more for the Wall and have all the 90+) for something else. Crazy. I also have no coins, lol. But in the next week or 2 I'll be getting some upgrades from league play so it might just take patience.

I'm kinda hitting a wall too. Still loving it and using it as a money maker but everything is pretty expensive coin wise to get. I still do most of the daily all star events. The other day I did the CH 89+ Exchange just to mix it up and got Redick then sold it for 300+ k. Now working on the legend Nash to keep as my shooting pg. I'm about a day away from getting 93 WB. I build and sold the Harden and built and kept the Wall. Getting semi elites seem tough enough as it is not even thinking about what it will take the get the 91+ elites and masters.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:12 AM   #368
briancecilrn

I got the Legend Nash, I really needed a shooting lineup PG and he has a 93 or 94 three pt rating, plus I needed a set to work on, I'm just using the playoffs promo to make coin on now, I have the WB 93 and Wall 94, plus a couple other 90+ playoff elites and I think I'll be ok stopping there. I might try to get the WB to 95 we'll just have to see how much it requires. I have about 200 k in coins, which is the lowest it's been in a long while. For some reason it bothers me to have zero coins lol, I think then I know I can' snipe and flip, etc.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #369
dasiegel

Quote:
I got the Legend Nash, I really needed a shooting lineup PG and he has a 93 or 94 three pt rating, plus I needed a set to work on, I'm just using the playoffs promo to make coin on now, I have the WB 93 and Wall 94, plus a couple other 90+ playoff elites and I think I'll be ok stopping there. I might try to get the WB to 95 we'll just have to see how much it requires. I have about 200 k in coins, which is the lowest it's been in a long while. For some reason it bothers me to have zero coins lol, I think then I know I can' snipe and flip, etc.
How is the Nash btw? Man this promo is both great and exhausting. I constantly find myself buying up golds to do the slogan 3 gold -1 playoff package thing. I do that 10 slogan exchange very rarely, usually when i have multiple teams slogan 8x or over.

Personally, I think this promo is great because of the options. I am not doing anything with the Magic Johnson stuff. So I too was down to like 0 coins and I randomly got the Sleepy Floyd Elite collectible which sold for 250k. SO I'M BACK IN BUSINESS, LOL. I don't know what to do with the Wall. I need 4 regular playoff elites for him but as I mentioned I have 88 Kyrie Int'l with 93 3 pointers. If I get the Wall I can sell him for what 350-400k. If I sell the elites on their own it's basically the same thing right? And you can't sell the Kyrie so it's like what do you do? I wish they had a better exchange for no auctionable good cards.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:49 AM   #370
briancecilrn

Quote:
How is the Nash btw? Man this promo is both great and exhausting. I constantly find myself buying up golds to do the slogan 3 gold -1 playoff package thing. I do that 10 slogan exchange very rarely, usually when i have multiple teams slogan 8x or over.

Personally, I think this promo is great because of the options. I am not doing anything with the Magic Johnson stuff. So I too was down to like 0 coins and I randomly got the Sleepy Floyd Elite collectible which sold for 250k. SO I'M BACK IN BUSINESS, LOL. I don't know what to do with the Wall. I need 4 regular playoff elites for him but as I mentioned I have 88 Kyrie Int'l with 93 3 pointers. If I get the Wall I can sell him for what 350-400k. If I sell the elites on their own it's basically the same thing right? And you can't sell the Kyrie so it's like what do you do? I wish they had a better exchange for no auctionable good cards.
How the hell did you sell a Sleepy Floyd collectible for 250 k lol? You must be one hell of a salesmen, lol jk. That's pretty awesome though. I didn't pay more than 35 k for any of the Nash collectibles.

The Nash is pretty awesome so far, at least his 3 point shooting is, I think he has a 93 three point rating.

I have done the same thing buying golds for the slogan exchange so many times, it's kinda fun to finally get the 8/8 and get to open the mystery pack, lol. Might not be the smartest route, I've bought a ton of golds. Right now I'm just working on piling up pick ems, and upgrading my team where necessary.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #371
dasiegel

Quote:
How the hell did you sell a Sleepy Floyd collectible for 250 k lol? You must be one hell of a salesmen, lol jk. That's pretty awesome though. I didn't pay more than 35 k for any of the Nash collectibles.

The Nash is pretty awesome so far, at least his 3 point shooting is, I think he has a 93 three point rating.

I have done the same thing buying golds for the slogan exchange so many times, it's kinda fun to finally get the 8/8 and get to open the mystery pack, lol. Might not be the smartest route, I've bought a ton of golds. Right now I'm just working on piling up pick ems, and upgrading my team where necessary.
yea i'm wondering if it's smart or dumb but what is the alternative, just snipe gold players for 7-8k? If you can get 3 golds for let's call it 10k (even though sometiems you can snipe for 7500-8k) and get a package that could give you a daily shootaround, some other sets plus a gold playoffs player, I'd rather just spend the extra 2k because it seems to even out plus it's more fun. unlike when there is no promo or a weak promo I'm not gonna sit there in the auction bidding to save 2-400 coin I have just been hitting BINS. the problem is coin goes down fast and it sucks being low. I think what i'm realizing is that other than maybe trying to get a 91 player once to see if it helps or if i can sell it, I have to use the rest of this promo to sell elites. I haven't made up my mind about it yet but what is the point of getting a semi final master 95 instead of what, like near 1 mil coin and having the ability to buy 2-3 older solid cards 93-4 level plus coin to have fun with.

Still don't know what to do with the 88 Kyrie 94 wall situation. Kyrie is really good.

Would you 1. Sell all the elites and not get the Wall, take the coin on my 4 91+ and 1 elite round 1 guys 2. Sell the Wall after I get him 3. Use the Wall and just put a sick card on the 2->1 exchange when I get another elite.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:50 PM   #372
briancecilrn

Quote:
yea i'm wondering if it's smart or dumb but what is the alternative, just snipe gold players for 7-8k? If you can get 3 golds for let's call it 10k (even though sometiems you can snipe for 7500-8k) and get a package that could give you a daily shootaround, some other sets plus a gold playoffs player, I'd rather just spend the extra 2k because it seems to even out plus it's more fun. unlike when there is no promo or a weak promo I'm not gonna sit there in the auction bidding to save 2-400 coin I have just been hitting BINS. the problem is coin goes down fast and it sucks being low. I think what i'm realizing is that other than maybe trying to get a 91 player once to see if it helps or if i can sell it, I have to use the rest of this promo to sell elites. I haven't made up my mind about it yet but what is the point of getting a semi final master 95 instead of what, like near 1 mil coin and having the ability to buy 2-3 older solid cards 93-4 level plus coin to have fun with.

Still don't know what to do with the 88 Kyrie 94 wall situation. Kyrie is really good.

Would you 1. Sell all the elites and not get the Wall, take the coin on my 4 91+ and 1 elite round 1 guys 2. Sell the Wall after I get him 3. Use the Wall and just put a sick card on the 2->1 exchange when I get another elite.

If I were you and you have four 91 elites plus the others you have mentioned I'd hold them a little longer at least to see what semi players there are- then possibly sell them and get the coin to buy older but still awesome elites. I wouldn't recommend using them all to get the Wall. I did get the Wall but he's solid but not great- I really thought him and harden would sell for more. Tough call though, id keep the Kyrie for now if he's good.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #373
dasiegel

Quote:
If I were you and you have four 91 elites plus the others you have mentioned I'd hold them a little longer at least to see what semi players there are- then possibly sell them and get the coin to buy older but still awesome elites. I wouldn't recommend using them all to get the Wall. I did get the Wall but he's solid but not great- I really thought him and harden would sell for more. Tough call though, id keep the Kyrie for now if he's good.

Yea that's what I think I'm going to do. Although I have noticed the Wall goes up a bit as there seem to be less and less auctioned. The Harden 94 is great and in my lineup. Here is what I have in building the Wall and 91 2nd round players below. There are only 4 cards that I have under 90 and 2 by choice. So I wonder if (I know I keep asking the same thing) I should be saving these, selling before they lose value or just building my team or hoping to. I have put so many damn hrs in this lol.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:09 AM   #374
briancecilrn

Quote:
Yea that's what I think I'm going to do. Although I have noticed the Wall goes up a bit as there seem to be less and less auctioned. The Harden 94 is great and in my lineup. Here is what I have in building the Wall and 91 2nd round players below. There are only 4 cards that I have under 90 and 2 by choice. So I wonder if (I know I keep asking the same thing) I should be saving these, selling before they lose value or just building my team or hoping to. I have put so many damn hrs in this lol.
That's a nice stockpile of playoff elites Dave, I have none left except for the ones I'm using on my rosters, lol. Not sure exactly what you should do going forward. I've profited from holding cards (almost) too long but I've definitely missed that window to sell high also. I doubt I'll be able to afford the 95 Westbrook but we'll see. It might be worth holding the elites for that one at least, then if you need all of them you already have them, and the ones you don't need you'd probably be able to sell high because other people will need them.

We need to post our lineups soon, no sense in waiting, mine changes like every 2-3 days lol. I recently splurged and got defensive PF Dirk (90) because I needed a 3 ball shooter on my defensive squad, I think his 3 pt rating is a 89 plus he gets a boost from WB.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #375
dasiegel

Quote:
That's a nice stockpile of playoff elites Dave, I have none left except for the ones I'm using on my rosters, lol. Not sure exactly what you should do going forward. I've profited from holding cards (almost) too long but I've definitely missed that window to sell high also. I doubt I'll be able to afford the 95 Westbrook but we'll see. It might be worth holding the elites for that one at least, then if you need all of them you already have them, and the ones you don't need you'd probably be able to sell high because other people will need them.

We need to post our lineups soon, no sense in waiting, mine changes like every 2-3 days lol. I recently splurged and got defensive PF Dirk (90) because I needed a 3 ball shooter on my defensive squad, I think his 3 pt rating is a 89 plus he gets a boost from WB.
Yea good analysis on what to do as far as the elites and Westbrook. I have to get that 95. The 93 is so good it's totally worth it. He makes other elite cards amazing. If you aren't in a league you should find one because that helps you get more elites as well. I have a few 91+ players from that.

Yea we should all post our lineups soon. Would love to see what some of you others guys have too.