Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 02-08-2017, 11:59 PM   #51
briancecilrn

Thanks for the info guys, helped a lot. I'm going to cross my fingers and try buying a few TOTW packs which I've never done before, I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:09 AM   #52
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I have gotten several. I have Embiid and Jokic but you usually have to open 2/3 or 3/3 TOTW packs to get it. Small price to pay though because that costs $80k or $120k. You can easily pay $200-400k for the collectible at auction. The TOTW players are also as good as they get. 91 Jokic might be my best player.
Are the TOTW packs only available on certain days of the week? I have 120,000 to use on the packs but I can't find them now, sorry I have so many darn questions lol.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #53
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancecilrn View Post
Are the TOTW packs only available on certain days of the week? I have 120,000 to use on the packs but I can't find them now, sorry I have so many darn questions lol.

I think I figured out the answer to my own question lol. So the pro packs and other packs have collectibles in them also? I just spent about 140,000 on pro packs lol, I got a couple base elites that I didn't need and a few collectibles and lots of players to trade in for trophies. Game is addicting but equally frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #54
dasiegel

Quote:
I think I figured out the answer to my own question lol. So the pro packs and other packs have collectibles in them also? I just spent about 140,000 on pro packs lol, I got a couple base elites that I didn't need and a few collectibles and lots of players to trade in for trophies. Game is addicting but equally frustrating.

Certain packs are good. I never buy a pro packs I never buy Legend packs but I buy totw and some of the seasonal promotion packs.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #55
briancecilrn

Lol well darn I should have waited for your response before I bought so many pro packs lol. Is there TOTW packs every week or just random? Also, does anyone know what the Legend trophies are good for? I wish I would have just saved elite trophies instead of exchanging them for legend trophies but it was when I first started

Old 02-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #56
dasiegel

Quote:
Lol well darn I should have waited for your response before I bought so many pro packs lol. Is there TOTW packs every week or just random? Also, does anyone know what the Legend trophies are good for? I wish I would have just saved elite trophies instead of exchanging them for legend trophies but it was when I first started

Totally agree with you about Elite trophies they tend to be better. If I started the game from scratch knowing what I know now I would have done things very differently. I think you have to look at the game in levels. You don't need to get a bunch of players in the high eighties and nineties. First try to get all your team's to be 84 85 86. I would have tried some of the packs so I knew early which ones were good. I think the legend packs are for when you have a very good team and you taking it to one of the highest levels. By then you have a good amount of money because you auctioned elite players when you replace them with better players and then you can buy the legend Collectibles and packs that can get you guys like Wilt Chamberlain.

Totw packs I think are available once a week but I don't think they have done that yet this week unless I'm really out of it.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:54 PM   #57
dasiegel

You have to remember certain players from certain sets are not auctionable, so when you build your team you have to factor in when you may acquire guys like that and how to handle using that to build your team.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:44 PM   #58
briancecilrn

Quote:
Totally agree with you about Elite trophies they tend to be better. If I started the game from scratch knowing what I know now I would have done things very differently. I think you have to look at the game in levels. You don't need to get a bunch of players in the high eighties and nineties. First try to get all your team's to be 84 85 86. I would have tried some of the packs so I knew early which ones were good. I think the legend packs are for when you have a very good team and you taking it to one of the highest levels. By then you have a good amount of money because you auctioned elite players when you replace them with better players and then you can buy the legend Collectibles and packs that can get you guys like Wilt Chamberlain.

Totw packs I think are available once a week but I don't think they have done that yet this week unless I'm really out of it.

Thanks again for all the info man. I will pay attention to TOTW packs this week. Going to make some coin to buy a few in hopes of getting the 91 Drummond

Old 02-10-2017, 12:10 AM   #59
dasiegel

Quote:
Thanks again for all the info man. I will pay attention to TOTW packs this week. Going to make some coin to buy a few in hopes of getting the 91 Drummond

Same here. I have about 35k right now and trying to get all my teams to an 85+ rating
next step, slowly get to 88

When i play head to head I usually have a 88 and 90 guys in my lineup with a few 80-83 gold players and I'll play against a team of all or most 84-85 guys. So people definitely do it differently.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:10 AM   #60
77ncaachamps

Is there a BO Group on NBA Live?
Old 02-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #61
avjp87

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:

i just got the totw 91 drummond, he's a beast.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #62
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
i just got the totw 91 drummond, he's a beast.
I guess I missed the pack for this week, damn. That is annoying, enjoy the Drummond. Allstar prepacks seem cool.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #63
avjp87

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
I guess I missed the pack for this week, damn. That is annoying, enjoy the Drummond. Allstar prepacks seem cool.
you can still get drummond, i pulled his week 15 hero from a pro pack, so i got very lucky
Old 02-10-2017, 12:39 PM   #64
briancecilrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
you can still get drummond, i pulled his week 15 hero from a pro pack, so i got very lucky

That's awesome. I bought a bunch of pro packs, got a couple elites and some collectibles but no drummond week 15 hero I was hoping for

Old 02-14-2017, 06:17 AM   #65
briancecilrn

Default NBA Live Mobile- Anyone Play?

Gave up on the Drummond because of the ridiculous prices for the Hero item, I ended up chasing the 90 David Robinson Legend and got it kinda cheap (the items at least), the 15 elite trophies were the hardest to come by

Old 02-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #66
dasiegel

Quote:
Gave up on the Drummond because of the ridiculous prices for the Hero item, I ended up chasing the 90 David Robinson Legend and got it kinda cheap (the items at least), the 15 elite trophies were the hardest to come by

I'm just trying to figure out the best packs to get the hero's. I have never gotten one in a pro packs but the totw packs are so infrequent.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #67
dasiegel

I like the Allstar stuff but HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE the skills challenge. It might have taken me 25 stamina to beat the two challenges.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:18 AM   #68
briancecilrn

Quote:
I like the Allstar stuff but HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE the skills challenge. It might have taken me 25 stamina to beat the two challenges.
That's funny, I HATEEEE the 3 pt contest, I have a 85 Korver with 97 3 pt shooting and can only win some of the time, making me crazy lol.

Dumb question for you guys, do you get to keep the players earned or won during the all-star stuff? Like if I get an elite all-star player then do I get to keep it and add it to my regular team after the all-star promo is over? I wonder because the game created a separate team, but like with the winter team, it was gone after the promo ended.

P.S.- I have been lurking on the NBA Live Mobile forum for info.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #69
csrockerzero

Quote:
That's funny, I HATEEEE the 3 pt contest, I have a 85 Korver with 97 3 pt shooting and can only win some of the time, making me crazy lol.

Dumb question for you guys, do you get to keep the players earned or won during the all-star stuff? Like if I get an elite all-star player then do I get to keep it and add it to my regular team after the all-star promo is over? I wonder because the game created a separate team, but like with the winter team, it was gone after the promo ended.

P.S.- I have been lurking on the NBA Live Mobile forum for info.
Yes, you get to keep all of your All-Star players. The All-Star lineup is a promo to help you get "votes" for the All-Star achievements. After the promo, you can use those players in their respective lineups. I think each All-Star player has a little icon to show which lineup they apply to after the promo.

Give me your Deng cards!
csrockerzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #70
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrockerzero View Post
Yes, you get to keep all of your All-Star players. The All-Star lineup is a promo to help you get "votes" for the All-Star achievements. After the promo, you can use those players in their respective lineups. I think each All-Star player has a little icon to show which lineup they apply to after the promo.
We may just be reading this differently but I don't know if this is correct. I think you lose the regular players but if you pick up like a 90+ player like Cousins or something they will be part of the lineup with the circle they show.

After winter, did we get to auction off the players or did they disappear?... Iremember them disappearing.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #71
dasiegel

Anyone know the best order to fill these AS sets. Like is it more important to have the votes or the players? I would think the players since you need gold to get elite and so on and so on.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #72
k13

I play FIFA mobile all the time.
Great ratings compared to console.

I tried NBA for a bit but for some reason I stopped.

EA kind of releases way too many high players...good thing they don't make NBA cards lol
k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #73
k13

Buy singles not packs...just like real life.
k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #74
csrockerzero

Quote:
We may just be reading this differently but I don't know if this is correct. I think you lose the regular players but if you pick up like a 90+ player like Cousins or something they will be part of the lineup with the circle they show.

After winter, did we get to auction off the players or did they disappear?... Iremember them disappearing.
Hmmmm. I think we got to keep all winter players as well. I just checked the Auction House and there are plenty of silver and gold winter players listed, so I assume that they were kept and it will be the same for the All-Star promo.

Give me your Deng cards!
csrockerzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #75
dasiegel

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13 View Post
Buy singles not packs...just like real life.
So do you guys think that it would be dumb to buy an Allstar Weekend pack at 60,000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrockerzero View Post
Hmmmm. I think we got to keep all winter players as well. I just checked the Auction House and there are plenty of silver and gold winter players listed, so I assume that they were kept and it will be the same for the All-Star promo.
[/URL]
I hope you are right. That was the 1st promo when I downloaded the app so i didn't pay as much attention then.