Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

Notices

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #276
Pete Schweddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I think you already pretty much played into a self-contradiction here.
Not a contradiction in my opinion. There's a big difference between spinning someone out / putting them in the wall vs. going after a dude just standing on the track. The chances of getting injured in a spin or wall hit are low. The chances of injury hitting an unprotected person is almost 100%.

Of course this is all just my opinion based on my experiences. For all I know Stewart could have thought "f¥€k this a$$hole, I'll show him", but I don't think so. He's the only one who knows what really happened.

On a side note, while you do steer these cars more with the rear than the front at racing speeds, the same is not necessarily true at caution speeds.

Last edited by Pete Schweddy; 08-11-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Pete Schweddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #277
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

I don't know why Tony Stewart is getting somewhat a free pass so far...
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #278
cyberpvnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
You don't? Do you have information the local authorities and investigators don't have?

What would you consider appropriate? The media to vilify Tony before the facts come out? Oh, like CNN's report on Boston, their speculation on MH 370...
Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #279
Cactuspies

just wanted to add this small take from an occasional driver w/some pictures (not of this race but of what the drivers can normally see from inside)

http://ktar.com/19/1489707/Bruce-St-...-Pamela-Hughes
Patriots 6 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: are you on my ignore list too? 76 and counting
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #280
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolietracing View Post
I can't believe the amount of people that are saying that he should not have gotten out of his car. It happens all the time in racing. We have all seen Tony Stewart get out of his car to confront other drivers after a wreck. Anybody remember when he got out of his car & threw his helmet as a car drove by? It's part of racing.
Being a moron should not be part of racing.

Not saying the guy should have died, this is a horribly tragic event. But he walked right onto the track while cars were still going by. Did Stewart hit him intentionally? I don't know. I'm willing to bet that none of the drivers that passed him after he got out of his car were expecting to see him walking on the track!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #281
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsman81 View Post
Let me start off by saying I'm a huge racing fan and attend quite a few racing events every year and believe I know a considerable bit about racing. I honestly find it funny how the people engaging in these arguements start off their side with "I know nothing about racing" If you want to see true acts to intimidate or use of aggression YouTube Bowman Gray Speedway Accidents far worse things have been done then standing in the middle of the track and people walked away. Hundreds of times have I seen somebody step on track during a NASCAR race or an offroad race it happens hundreds of times on tracks across the world you can google that key word and find hundreds of confrontations just like the Stewart/Ward exchange.

Which leads me to my point that I believe this is an accident and an isolated incident drivers having on track confrontations happens all the time and it just so happens that it ended up happening to a huge NASCAR superstar. Yes he had no buisness standing on the track during the race but over and over again do these same things happen with track staff not interfearing with the confrontation and there is no where in the rule book that says you can't do that it has become a commonplace thing in racing to express your displeasure at a driver by standing on track and waving your arms, giving them the finger, throwing your helmet.

From the poorley angled video I saw there is no way to make a diffinative judgement on what did or didn't happen and in all honestly one person and only one person will every know the full truth and thats Tony Stewart. It appears Ward was right in Stewarts path it's not like Stewart went out of his way to throw some dirt on the kid he was standing right there so what do you expect him to do sit there and have the kid come up and comfront him through the window net? He probably throttled up to get by the guy and they'd more then likely sort it out in the Pits which happens after about every racing where one racer is displeased with another.

It's a tragic incident and the focus should be on sending your thoughts and prayers out to the Ward family and everyone involved. Unfortunately it had to end in fatality but this might be the push that promoters and officials need to make rules against on track confrontations not just letting the driver stand out on track undisturbed as cars go by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityguy View Post
I love all of these idiots on here claiming Stewart was reckless when not a single one has any idea about sprint cars, how they handle or the visibility from inside them. I can tell you. My father raced sprint cars here in Pa for over 25 years. Many times I was sat in the cockpit of his cars, not even at the race track. I'll be the first to say just sitting still during the daylight hours the visibility sucks at best. Now let's add to that darkness, poor lighting (as brought up by drivers who have run that track), dirt, dust, sweat, a helmet not to mention the driver on the track was in a black drivers suit. I would almost bet Stewart did not see him till it was too late. And for those who mention he swerved....Let me dish some info for ya. Sprint cars are a three brake machine. Two rear and one on the left front. This is used to help them set the cars up going into the turn if needed. You touch the brakes, the car will "twitch" so to speak. Same with the gas pedal. So all you card collecting keyboard race car drivers have no clue what you are talking about and are only going by bad video and what ESPN tells you. Also watch the video again, Stewart never hit the kid's car the previous lap, it looks as though he just pinched him up toward the fence and the kid ran out of room. Stewart probably didn't even know he was there. So Stewart would have had no reason to act angry enough to try and scare the kid. Hell he probably didn't even know the kid crashed save for the yellow flag. That's how it is in sprint car racing. Unless a guy gets up beside you where you can see him you generally won't know he is there. I personally don't like Tony Stewart but I think this was just a terrible accident and nothing more.
A couple of sound posts here.

It's funny that guys that admit to not knowing anything about racing have such strong opinions. I'm sure none of these keyboard jockeys have even been to a dirt track. Let alone say behind the wheel of any vehicle on such a track.

Folks need to focus on the root of the tragedy: a 20 year old man lost his life when he left the safety of his machine. Making assumptions about what Stewart was doing, how he was driving, or what he saw is pure conjecture and libelous.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #282
groundsupport
Banned

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpvnk View Post
You don't? Do you have information the local authorities and investigators don't have?

What would you consider appropriate? The media to vilify Tony before the facts come out? Oh, like CNN's report on Boston, their speculation on MH 370...

More then what he is getting. People are only blaming the victim, yet if Tony Stewart wasn't playing bully/ahole like he always does, perhaps he would have slowed down, went down low, and not rev his engine has he drove by. I don't think Tony wanted to hit him. Just razz him a bit. Just went horribly wrong.

I don't believe that he didn't know he was there, when it looks like the blue car just before saw him plain as day.

I wonder if they have recordings of anything that was said of Tony's intercom during that one lap.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #283
dalemurphy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat3ntP3nd1ng View Post
Most of your "facts" are wrong. This is why.

KEVIN HART (still alive)

KEVIN WARD (dead)

Haha I was reading that guys(tnp777) post and I'm like I thought the kids name was ward, he had me for a sec
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #284
wcbraun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbledsoe View Post
A couple of sound posts here.

It's funny that guys that admit to not knowing anything about racing have such strong opinions. I'm sure none of these keyboard jockeys have even been to a dirt track. Let alone say behind the wheel of any vehicle on such a track.

Folks need to focus on the root of the tragedy: a 20 year old man lost his life when he left the safety of his machine. Making assumptions about what Stewart was doing, how he was driving, or what he saw is pure conjecture and libelous.
I agree completely. I've been watching/attending and participating in racing events for 40 years, from dirt tracks to Sprint Cup, and it's crazy how many people on here state right off the bat that they know nothing about racing and then proceed to spout off every thing bad they have heard about Stewart over the past 2 days from the mainstream media. This was a horrible tragedy where someone lost his life but there is no way you can convince me that Stewart tried to "teach him a lesson". Personally, I don't think Stewart even knew that the person on the outside of him ran up into the wall. I also don't think Stewart saw him on the track until the last second.

Quote:
More then what he is getting. People are only blaming the victim, yet if Tony Stewart wasn't playing bully/ahole like he always does, perhaps he would have slowed down, went down low, and not rev his engine has he drove by. I don't think Tony wanted to hit him. Just razz him a bit. Just went horribly wrong.

I don't believe that he didn't know he was there, when it looks like the blue car just before saw him plain as day.

I wonder if they have recordings of anything that was said of Tony's intercom during that one lap.
There have been plenty of people/media outlets looking to vilify Stewart so I'm not sure where you're looking. Also, there were several cars that went by as high up as Stewart and even a couple that went higher. Finally, I heard an interview today of the driver who was in the blue car and he stated he didn't see Ward until right before he swerved. Remember, it was night, they were on dirt and Ward was wearing a black firesuit. The viewpoint from the track is completely different than the one from the stands. I have no problem believing that Stewart didn't see him until the last second. Have you ever seen the viewpoint from out of those cars? I have and given all of the circumstances, it would be easy to not see him.

Having said all of that, no one knows for sure except for Stewart.

R.I.P. Kevin Ward Jr.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #285
Zerokruel

Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #286
cdub6238

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Ok, so let's go with the overtly generous presumption that he mashed the gas the instant he somehow miraculously spotted Ward RIGHT next to his vehicle. Then he promptly steered the vehicle sharply up TOWARDS him, not away from him.

Now ask anyone that understands about racing those vehicles how that makes any sense whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure he saw the man pointing at him and approaching quite a ways away, didn't think he would keep walking forward, gunned the motor the instant his vehicle reached him and steered it up towards him in an attempt to kick up mud all over him and teach him a lesson. And it backfired, horrifically. You have to remember, he's used to driving NASCARS that have very streamline vehicle lines, and not huge 35+ inch exposed mudbog tires. He probably grossly underestimated how close his vehicle was to Ward when he 'wanted to teach him a lesson.'
im not even going to read anymore of your posts on this matter...not sure if this has been addressed yet...but the bolded makes you look like a complete idiot

you mean to tell me..Tony Stewart...who GREW UP RACING these tracks...and races in various other forms- including sprint races last year, 1 in which he broke his leg and ended his NASCAR year....

was not "used to" racing this kind of car/tire...

please just stop
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #287
nuhuskers24

Quote:
free pass? when there is no evidence (per the Ontario county sheriff) proving he did anything against the law then why would law enforcement detain him? Yes he is most likely facing a wrongful death legal law suit which will be settled out of court and be paid by Stewart's insurance company . However it is not likely there will be any criminal charges of manslaughter or murder like some people keep screaming for.
I also don't ship to Canada, Sorry!
nuhuskers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #288
jeffro318

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
im not even going to read anymore of your posts on this matter...not sure if this has been addressed yet...but the bolded makes you look like a complete idiot

you mean to tell me..Tony Stewart...who GREW UP RACING these tracks...and races in various other forms- including sprint races last year, 1 in which he broke his leg and ended his NASCAR year....

please just stop
Haha..... mudbog tires...
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #289
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:

Well said and on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhuskers24 View Post
free pass? when there is no evidence (per the Ontario county sheriff) proving he did anything against the law then why would law enforcement detain him? Yes he is most likely facing a wrongful death legal law suit which will be settled out of court and be paid by Stewart's insurance company . However it is not likely there will be any criminal charges of manslaughter or murder like some people keep screaming for.
Let me correct you on your above statement, if I am understanding correctly. Just because the Co. Sheriff did not arrest Stewart, does not mean a crime was not committed. It also was not stated that there was no evidence but only they were done at the scene. The DA's office is hiring experts to analyze what they have and then proceed accordingly. Civil suit is almost certain but the DA's office will determine the likelihood of any criminal conviction. Make no mistake about it though, this is not a closed issue.
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #290
cyberpvnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post

please just stop

I was thinking all of this but now I don't have to write it. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #291
nuhuskers24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Well said and on point.

Let me correct you on your above statement, if I am understanding correctly. Just because the Co. Sheriff did not arrest Stewart, does not mean a crime was not committed. It also was not stated that there was no evidence but only they were done at the scene. The DA's office is hiring experts to analyze what they have and then proceed accordingly. Civil suit is almost certain but the DA's office will determine the likelihood of any criminal conviction. Make no mistake about it though, this is not a closed issue.
guess you didn't see any of the press conferences from the sheriff. he stated that at the time of the press conference there was no current evidence of any criminal wrong doing by any party involved. he restated that comment multiple times in his press conference that was held on espn news yesterday.
check the below video at the 3:55 mark. this is a second press conference by the sheriff stating this. so therefore my statement above is correct until any evidence is provided to show stewart committed a crime. Now that doesn't mean it can't or won't happen still. just means currently they don't have any.

ontario county sheriff tony stewart press conference - Bing Videos
I also don't ship to Canada, Sorry!
nuhuskers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #292
MiDa193

By no means am i a fan of tonys but in my personal opinion which we are all entitled to
1. RIP kevin ward i feel bad for the family
2.Tony did not try to hit him as the back rear hit him
3. Ward should not have gotten out of his car in a black suit at night time an walk into the middle of a race! I mean that was just crazy and he wakked right into the back rear from the looks of it!
MiDa193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #293
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhuskers24 View Post
guess you didn't see any of the press conferences from the sheriff. he stated that at the time of the press conference there was no current evidence of any criminal wrong doing by any party involved. he restated that comment multiple times in his press conference that was held on espn news yesterday.
check the below video at the 3:55 mark. this is a second press conference by the sheriff stating this. so therefore my statement above is correct until any evidence is provided to show stewart committed a crime. Now that doesn't mean it can't or won't happen still. just means currently they don't have any.

ontario county sheriff tony stewart press conference - Bing Videos
"Again, I repeat that this is an open investigation. What I have just said is not indicative that the investigation is over or conclusions have been made, but that it is open and we are continuing to gather all information."

"We continue to work as expeditiously and efficiently as we can in an effort to locate and evaluate any relevant information that may exist regarding this particular investigation," he said.
Police have examined two videos of the incident and spoken with witnesses. "We continue to collect facts and information," said Povero. "The district attorney's office has been supportive and review information we have gathered relative to this crash."
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #294
mnvikingstwins

Now ESPN has a story that some driver said it's hard to enforce that drivers have to stay in cars after wrecks. Unless your car is on fire, seems like it's pretty simple. Stay in car- you live. Be an idiot and run in front of cars- you die. Not sure why guys couldn't figure that out.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #295
Srt42004n
Banned

This thread gave me a headache from the Inconsitant want to-be fans. In other news
Quote:
ESPN REPORTS: Tony Stewart suspected in giving Robin Williams belt he used to hang himself
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #296
MI Rob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Now ESPN has a story that some driver said it's hard to enforce that drivers have to stay in cars after wrecks. Unless your car is on fire, seems like it's pretty simple. Stay in car- you live. Be an idiot and run in front of cars- you die. Not sure why guys couldn't figure that out.
He was just emotional. That's pretty much the reason I've seen for him exiting his car after reading this thread.
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #297
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
He was just emotional. That's pretty much the reason I've seen for him exiting his car after reading this thread.
So in other words, if you're so hotheaded that making left turns for 3 hours makes you want to go out and jump in front of speeding cars, maybe you should get a real job.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #298
duwal

Quote:

For a lot of drivers they know emotions and being in that moment would make you completely forget about that simple rule
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #299
duwal

Quote:
So in other words, if you're so hotheaded that making left turns for 3 hours makes you want to go out and jump in front of speeding cars, maybe you should get a real job.

you mean so frustrated after concentrating on the race for 3 hours and some driver ends your day suddenly
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #300
cdub6238

Quote:
just when i thought you were starting to come around with some common sense...

you go and post this..back to square 1 you go
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote