Blowout Cards Forums
prizim banner

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
The Dynasty

Default Redemption Question

Today I got an E-mail from Donruss saying they have received it. I was just wondering if any one has sent anything to Donruss and and how long would it before i they shipped it? Didnt know if they took long or not.

Its for a Ted Ginn JR Auto..So im guessing it depends on when they get his auto. But I dont know..Its my first Redemption for Donruss.

Any help is appreciated.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
iluvfish2

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I can't say I've ever gotten an email from them stating they got my redemption. Depends on the card and product. I'm waiting on two (07 ABS Mem Craig Davis Auto/349 and a 07 Absolute Marks of Fame Prime Materials Auto of Willie Parker /25 that I sent in September)...in fact, guess I'll send them an email and find out the status. They can replace the Craig Davis, but really want that Willie Parker (unless I can get a Ben swap
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
swjedi2000

This is the norm with Donruss and redemption.

As far as how long it take to recieve?

Could be 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, or whenever. Depends really on the player and Donruss.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
Lions_roar20

I also got an email a couple weeks ago from them saying they got my Rookies and Stars Ginn SP sig redemption. Hopefully he starts signing them soon so we can get them before the season starts.
Lions_roar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
The Dynasty

Quote:
Your recent Donruss redemption request has been entered into our system. An email notification will be sent to [my e-mail] when your item has been shipped.

These are the details of your request:

2007 Donruss Leaf Rookies and Stars (Redemption)
SP Rookies Signatures
Card Number: 215

Please do not respond to this email for any new requests as this is an automated tool. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please check our FAQ section on Donruss Trading Cards for answers to many of the most commonly asked questions.

If you need to contact us, please use the Customer Service contact form on Donruss Trading Cards and include your Customer Id from the subject of this email. Using this form to submit your requests is the fastest way to communicate with us. These "on-line" requests are entered directly into our system and worked in priority order by our representatives.

Donruss Playoff LP
Customer Service
Card Replacement Policy - Donruss Trading Cards
Frequently Asked Questions - http://www.donruss.com/faq.html
Thats what i received today.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
iluvfish2

Humm...wonder if they've semi updated their database to do this. Would be a nice step i the right direction. As much flak as UD gets, they're redemption system is the best.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
yazevans

Yeah, it's really hard to say. I just got a Cedric Houston (???) rookie auto redemption from 05 Absolute football, which I sent in shortly after that product released. I still can't believe it got to the right address considering I've moved at least twice since then...
yazevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:29 AM   #8
ceczerwonka

Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka

I got an email from them last year with my Jay Cutler Donruss Threads Letter Auto. It took about 8 months for me to get the card, but they did send me another email letting me know that it had shipped.
ceczerwonka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:16 AM   #9
fa11enone
Banned

I sent in a redemption in dec. and recieved it about 2 weeks ago, i also recieved an email stating when it had been entered into their system and then they sent me one when they shipped it out.
fa11enone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
Jiggs

I also have a question regarding redemptions. It would seem obvious that the redeemed card is worth more than the redemption, is this right? I pulled a 2008 UD 500 HR Club bat of Frank Thomas, I already sent the code in for redemption, but I could have sold it as is for $50-$60 on Ebay. Its a hot card right now, but it might not be when the real cards come out. Did I make the right choice?
Jiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
iluvfish2

Generally so. UD has been much better about getting newer redemptions out to their holders. But at the same time, a redemption when a product is first released will sell for more than it will in a few weeks. Same thing once the card comes back if you opt to sell it make sure in the title and/or pic that is shows the card is in hand. That will help get the premium back as the buyer knows exactly what they are getting.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #12
iluvfish2

Got an email today from Donruss...the Willie Parker's are shipping! He must of finally returned his autograph sheets. So my Marks of Fame Prime Material Autographs /25 will be here soon....will post a pic asap Hoping this isnt a 1 cl prime like my last 2 but we'll see!