Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > Sports & Politics

Notices

Sports & Politics This section is for all political sports talk. Regrettably we feel that in some instances there is no way to eliminate politics from football, basketball, and baseball hobbytalk. Do you pretend nothing is happening with the Warriors, Steelers, A's, etc? This section is for all political sports discussion. However, it is for civil discussion only. No insults aimed at members, political parties, or politicians will be tolerated. There is no warning. If you cannot be civil, you will lose your posting privileges on this site.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:33 AM   #1201
jcardstore

SJW SJW SJW Race baiting SJW SJW whiny kneelers SJW SJW racist

Old 05-24-2018, 10:25 AM   #1202
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
Took less than 24 hours for the NFL owners to be played like fools.

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/...341404160?s=21
Haha, and Mike Pence's tweet was even better.

#winning

https://sports.yahoo.com/vice-presid...190437916.html

NFL players showing disrespect for America and the flag is a no-lose situation for the President. He probably wants players to continue to kneel and the NFL not having the power to do anything about it.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #1203
pgisback

Could get interesting how they interpret this. Owners are just as split as America. They should separate the league by Pro America teams, anti-America teams.

"Art Rooney of the Steelers said while it was not defined, he believes that raising a fist and linking arms during the playing of the anthem also would constitute disrespect of the anthem."
Old 05-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #1204
trixstar

Didn’t even have the balls to put their names on a vote

https://twitter.com/sethwickersham/s...154891265?s=21
Old 05-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #1205
RossOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
Could get interesting how they interpret this. Owners are just as split as America. They should separate the league by Pro America teams, anti-America teams.
Lol, this is some real masturbatory framing.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #1206
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Yet they also have no problem with fans ignoring it while putting in their concession orders or sitting on the couch yelling at the players on the TV that aren't standing. Have some respect for the flag
To begin with, I don't pay to watch fans. If you can't separate the two then I don't know what to tell you.
Secondly, it does bother me when people don't remove their hats and basically disrespect the flag and all it stands for during the national anthem.
Common sense dictates I could not care less what folks do at home while watching the game. It's embarrassing having to even explain that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Astros19; 05-24-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #1207
GeechQuest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post

"Art Rooney of the Steelers said while it was not defined, he believes that raising a fist and linking arms during the playing of the anthem also would constitute disrespect of the anthem."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Old 05-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #1208
duwal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros19 View Post
To begin with, I don't pay to watch fans. If you can't separate the two then I don't know what to tell you.
Secondly, it does bother me when people don't remove their hats and basically disrespect the flag and all it stands for during the national anthem.
Common sense dictates I could not care less what folks do at home while watching the game. It's embarrassing having to even explain that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And NO FANS pay to listen to the national anthem (though the military DOES have to pay the NFL in order for the NFL to play the national anthem). If the NFL decided to skip playing the national anthem they will still be playing in front of full stadium crowds.

And common sense also dictates that if you could care less about what people do at home then you should also not care what people do in public unless you do not have very thick skin. It's just humorous hearing people talk about how disrespectful the players are towards the national anthem while they are doing the same thing at home or at a bar or whatever. If the song is being played wherever you are you should stand up and show respect. If not then you are just picking and choosing when you want the flag to be respected based on when it is convenient to you
Old 05-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #1209
rman112
Banned

Quote:
And NO FANS pay to listen to the national anthem (though the military DOES have to pay the NFL in order for the NFL to play the national anthem). If the NFL decided to skip playing the national anthem they will still be playing in front of full stadium crowds.

And common sense also dictates that if you could care less about what people do at home then you should also not care what people do in public unless you do not have very thick skin. It's just humorous hearing people talk about how disrespectful the players are towards the national anthem while they are doing the same thing at home or at a bar or whatever. If the song is being played wherever you are you should stand up and show respect. If not then you are just picking and choosing when you want the flag to be respected based on when it is convenient to you
Doing this now, or anytime after the kneeling took place, would've been a really bad decision.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #1210
Astros19

Quote:

Again, if you can't distinguish the difference between a fan (who has paid to be entertained) and a player (who is paid to entertain) then there's really no point in going back and fourth.

Good luck with your attitude and your job.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #1211
pingbling23

Why do the people that don’t care about players disrespecting the anthem always use the “well you dont do it at the bar/home/etc” excuse. Do you hold your breath when an underwater scene is on tv? Do you stand when the judge enters the courtroom on tv? Do you run from the tv when the bomb is about to go off in the movie? Let’s use some common sense here.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:30 AM   #1212
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
Why do the people that don’t care about players disrespecting the anthem always use the “well you dont do it at the bar/home/etc” excuse. Do you hold your breath when an underwater scene is on tv? Do you stand when the judge enters the courtroom on tv? Do you run from the tv when the bomb is about to go off in the movie? Let’s use some common sense here.
The US Flag Code stipulates:

"§171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there."

One could easily argue that hearing the national anthem in your home, on your television, is a rendition of the song. There is your difference.

The other examples you listed are generally fictional. A bomb, a scuba diver, a judge entering a court room. Those examples are generally seen in TV shows and movies (honestly, the only similar example is the court room one). The playing of our national anthem is not fictional and it's really happening when you see it on TV.

Also, I think there is a solid argument to be made for closing concession stands before the national anthem is to be played if we are going this far with it, which we seem to be headed.

At the end of the day, I don't see anywhere near the outrage over, say, the current state of the VA hospital system as I do this protest issue. Which is more of a disgrace to the country and our service men and women? Kneeling for a national anthem or how we actually treat these people when they need it the most? For me, the VA hospital system is worth more of our time and concern. I'd love to see the same passion for that as we see for the protest issue. You don't see our politicians tweeting about how bad the VA system is. To me, that is a huge disgrace.

Same goes for the other side too. I see a lot of people crying out for change yet doing nothing to go out and make a change. They want you and me to make changes but them? Nah, I'll let that responsibility fall on someone else and then take credit for it on Twitter once something has been done. Both sides have people that really irritate me. Like everything else today, everyone is on one extreme or the other, no middle ground. So like most other issues, nothing is going to change and it'll probably only get worse as we continue to ignore the real issues we face as a society, as a country, and as humans.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #1213
jcardstore

It's funny how the people who complain the loudest are usually the ones who contribute the least.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:24 AM   #1214
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
It's funny how the people who complain the loudest are usually the ones who contribute the least.
That's usually how it goes. There is even a term for it, "slacktivism."
Old 05-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #1215
Astros19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
The US Flag Code stipulates:

"§171. Conduct during playing

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there."

One could easily argue that hearing the national anthem in your home, on your television, is a rendition of the song. There is your difference.

The other examples you listed are generally fictional. A bomb, a scuba diver, a judge entering a court room. Those examples are generally seen in TV shows and movies (honestly, the only similar example is the court room one). The playing of our national anthem is not fictional and it's really happening when you see it on TV.

Also, I think there is a solid argument to be made for closing concession stands before the national anthem is to be played if we are going this far with it, which we seem to be headed.

At the end of the day, I don't see anywhere near the outrage over, say, the current state of the VA hospital system as I do this protest issue. Which is more of a disgrace to the country and our service men and women? Kneeling for a national anthem or how we actually treat these people when they need it the most? For me, the VA hospital system is worth more of our time and concern. I'd love to see the same passion for that as we see for the protest issue. You don't see our politicians tweeting about how bad the VA system is. To me, that is a huge disgrace.

Same goes for the other side too. I see a lot of people crying out for change yet doing nothing to go out and make a change. They want you and me to make changes but them? Nah, I'll let that responsibility fall on someone else and then take credit for it on Twitter once something has been done. Both sides have people that really irritate me. Like everything else today, everyone is on one extreme or the other, no middle ground. So like most other issues, nothing is going to change and it'll probably only get worse as we continue to ignore the real issues we face as a society, as a country, and as humans.
Come on now. Yes, one could easily argue that hearing the national anthem in your home, on your television, is a rendition of the song, but why do you ignore the rest of the sentence? You know, especially the part about being present. The exact part that DOES make a difference. A big difference.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #1216
Astros19

Quote:
Opinions are nice, but yet that's all they are is opinion. Do you personally know each and every person who complains the loudest? Can you prove they contribute the least?
Didn't think so.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #1217
Brobocop

Quote:
Come on now. Yes, one could easily argue that hearing the national anthem in your home, on your television, is a rendition of the song, but why do you ignore the rest of the sentence? You know, especially the part about being present. The exact part that DOES make a difference. A big difference.
Define being present. I mean, that could mean the people in the stadium (so stop selling concessions then) or it could mean people at home.

I am getting a huge kick out of people ignoring 99% of what I am saying, thus further proving my point. People would rather be mad about kneeling during the anthem since that's simple and doesn't have much impact, if any at all. Meanwhile, where is all this outrage over the VA, or how we treat soldiers when they come back?
Old 05-25-2018, 10:09 AM   #1218
pingbling23

Quote:
Thank you, as I said, let’s use some common sense.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:38 AM   #1219
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
Thank you, as I said, let’s use some common sense.
Okay, I'll play. What makes more sense then, getting this riled up over protesting or the current shape of the VA hospital system then? Why isn't there as much public outcry over that? Where is our politicians holding people responsible? Maybe a tweet or two saying those who continue to mess up the VA are unpatriotic and should leave the country.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #1220
jcardstore

Quote:
Okay, I'll play. What makes more sense then, getting this riled up over protesting or the current shape of the VA hospital system then? Why isn't there as much public outcry over that? Where is our politicians holding people responsible? Maybe a tweet or two saying those who continue to mess up the VA are unpatriotic and should leave the country.
I think getting all riled up over protesting makes no sense. I will say, the PGs of the world, screaming at their monitor and angrily slamming their greasy fingers on the keyboard, make reading things like this a lot more interesting. It just amazes me how some people can be so hypocritical and self-unaware.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #1221
Astros19

Quote:
Define being present. I mean, that could mean the people in the stadium (so stop selling concessions then) or it could mean people at home.

I am getting a huge kick out of people ignoring 99% of what I am saying, thus further proving my point. People would rather be mad about kneeling during the anthem since that's simple and doesn't have much impact, if any at all. Meanwhile, where is all this outrage over the VA, or how we treat soldiers when they come back?
Do you seriously need me to define "being present"? When I was young I watched videos of the Viet Nam war, does that mean I was present? If so I need to go down to the VA and apply for benefits.
Hey everybody! I was present at the last twenty some odd Super Bowls!! I mean I did watch them on TV.
See how silly that argument is?

As far as the VA, there's been a lot of folks complaining about it. But what you're doing is called deflection. Start a thread about the VA and I'll participate. The title of this thread is "impact on kneeling".
You want to talk about how we treat our soldiers when they come back?
I'll acknowledge some vets don't think there's anything wrong with players kneeling. Will you acknowledge that there's also a lot of vets who do have a problem with it?
Old 05-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #1222
Astros19

Quote:
I think getting all riled up over protesting makes no sense. I will say, the PGs of the world, screaming at their monitor and angrily slamming their greasy fingers on the keyboard, make reading things like this a lot more interesting. It just amazes me how some people can be so hypocritical and self-unaware.
I just came in from mowing my yard. My fingers aren't greasy, they're grassy.
Hypocritical to me is making millions of dollars playing a game, being raised by white parents, and whining about how terrible the country that allowed me to be so successful is so horrible.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:49 AM   #1223
jcardstore

Quote:
I just came in from mowing my yard. My fingers aren't greasy, they're grassy.
Hypocritical to me is making millions of dollars playing a game, being raised by white parents, and whining about how terrible the country that allowed me to be so successful is so horrible.
Thank you for clearing that one up for me. I never knew that financial status and a persons parents race precluded them from speaking out on racial injustice.

Learn something new everyday I suppose.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #1224
Astros19

I'll just leave it at this.
It is my opinion that drawing attention to injustice is a good thing. Pissing off half of the country doing so is a stupid thing. Attention is good, negative attention, not so much.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #1225
Brobocop

Quote:
I'll just leave it at this.
It is my opinion that drawing attention to injustice is a good thing. Pissing off half of the country doing so is a stupid thing. Attention is good, negative attention, not so much.
Trying to draw attention to injustice has been going on for some time yet nobody seemed to pay attention. I mean, half of the country was probably upset over what Rosa Parks did years ago, does that make it wrong? I mean, she technically broke a law, doesn't mean she was wrong, means that the law was wrong. I know it's not going to go over well drawing a parallel between someone like Rosa Parks and these millionaire athletes, but the end result is the same. Drawing attention to something you think is wrong and hoping to start a conversation about it, maybe even cause some change for the better too.