AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 08-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #101
21Pittsburgh58

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
How is Cousins a lateral move from Bradford or Keenum?

Cousins has NEVER had a decent offensive line, has had average WR's for most of his tenure with the Redskins, and has always had zero running game behind him (zero 1000 yard rushers in his three years of being the full time starter, one year with 1000 yard receivers). Despite all of that he has thrown for 4,000+ yards in three consecutive seasons (tell me the time Keenum or Bradford did that?) and took a mediocre Redskins team to the post season.

Do you know the last Vikings QB to throw for 4000 yards? Brett Favre in 2009. If the Vikings system can make average to below average QB's look like "franchise" QB's, I have zero doubt in my mind that Cousins will be an obvious upgrade over Bradford and Keenum as long as he stays on the field.

Right now, it's the Vikings division to lose. They are the most complete team in the division and anyone who says otherwise is in denial. Green Bay will obviously give a run for the division if Rodgers is healthy. They always do, but they also have an average defense at best which is their downfall.

I know, you hate the Vikings so you hope they don't succeed. I get it, I hate the Packers and don't want them to win. But just because you hate a team doesn't mean you have to be in complete denial about what they are going to be. If they stay healthy, they will be in the playoffs, whether its with a division title or not.
The wife is a Vikings fan so I have been following them for the last 7 years. Until Cousins proves himself AS a Viking, it is a lateral move. We have no crystal ball to say how he's going to do. I hope he does great and they kick the Packers a$$, but until that happens consistently, it's still the Packers division.

And the Lions suck so there's your reason for the jealousy of the Vikings and Packers.
Russ Westbrook, Trout, Shohei, Acuna, Charles LeClerc, Ferrari (Lewis Hamilton 2025!)
21Pittsburgh58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #102
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Pittsburgh58 View Post
The wife is a Vikings fan so I have been following them for the last 7 years. Until Cousins proves himself AS a Viking, it is a lateral move. We have no crystal ball to say how he's going to do. I hope he does great and they kick the Packers a$$, but until that happens consistently, it's still the Packers division.

And the Lions suck so there's your reason for the jealousy of the Vikings and Packers.
I just don't think a QB that has proven himself with a less talented team all the way around is a lateral move. Even if he throws for 3500 yards and 20 TD's, its still an upgrade because of what he brings to the table. Teams can't cheat against him in the pass game or they will get burnt. They can't stack the box either due to that, so it frees the game up for Cook. Teams knew Keenum didn't have a strong arm and they played against that. Teams knew Bradford had zero mobility, so they blitzed. Cousins makes it a lot more difficult for teams to focus on one thing.

Also, even Packer fans have said that its the Vikings division right now, which makes sense since they won it last year rather convincingly. Just for fun, the last decade (so since 2008) the most division wins has been:

Green Bay-5
Minnesota-4
Chicago-1
Lions-0

So really, the margin isn't that different. The Vikings won the division last year, so its currently "their" division. Just like the Eagles won the Super Bowl (a big difference, I know), so it's "their" Super Bowl until some other team says otherwise.

I personally see the Vikings going 10-6. They have a rather difficult schedule this year. Is that enough to win the division? I think it might be, but if it isn't, 10-6 is good enough for a playoff berth regardless.
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #103
dio

I don't understand why everyone is saying kirk cousin is playing with #@#@#@#@ , I had him in fantasy in some of those years, he had pretty good weapons. desean jackson, pierre garcon, jordan reed. Those teams he play for is way better than last year 9ers. all rookie team with nobody , you can't barely name anyone in last year 49ers team and jimmy G perform.
dio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #104
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I don't understand why everyone is saying kirk cousin is playing with #@#@#@#@ , I had him in fantasy in some of those years, he had pretty good weapons. desean jackson, pierre garcon, jordan reed. Those teams he play for is way better than last year 9ers. all rookie team with nobody , you can't barely name anyone in last year 49ers team and jimmy G perform.
I’m pretty sure both Cousins and Jimmy had no one to throw to last year. They both had similar numbers for the small amount of time we saw Jimmy. I’m excited to see what both of them do this year.
Siberian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #105
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Again, he had a relatively weak offensive line ahead of him, never had a 1000 yard rusher behind him, and played one season with a 1000 yard receiver (two of them the same year) but they barely eclipsed the 1000 yard mark. He never had much around him to help him out, but he still put up numbers, which is a testament to how good he actually is. The defensive side of the ball for the Redskins never helped matters either, in terms of his W/L, but yet he still managed to lead the Redskins to the postseason.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #106
pgisback

Good luck with cousins. Watched most of his games in his Skins career. He’ll make you think you have a chance but when the lights come on and it’s a big boy game, he has a habit of disappearing. There’s no question he has talent though, it’s his brain that has issues.
pgisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #107
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
Good luck with cousins. Watched most of his games in his Skins career. He’ll make you think you have a chance but when the lights come on and it’s a big boy game, he has a habit of disappearing. There’s no question he has talent though, it’s his brain that has issues.
Us Vikings fans have watched years and years of players disappearing in big games. That won't be a surprise to us if it happens. Hopefully, it'll be different this time though.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:21 AM   #108
majestik101

I love what Kelvin Benjamin had to say about being drafted by Carolina and having Cam Newton as his quarterback. Kudos to him...
Old 08-05-2018, 12:50 AM   #109
twisty571

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC_123 View Post
Again, he had a relatively weak offensive line ahead of him, never had a 1000 yard rusher behind him, and played one season with a 1000 yard receiver (two of them the same year) but they barely eclipsed the 1000 yard mark. He never had much around him to help him out, but he still put up numbers, which is a testament to how good he actually is. The defensive side of the ball for the Redskins never helped matters either, in terms of his W/L, but yet he still managed to lead the Redskins to the postseason.
I guess they already forgot the Redskins were hiring guys off the street to play and even played a game where they didn't dress a full roster for a game or 2?
Redskins were riddled with injuries. I am not saying he will be a perfect fit but he has a better team around him IMO now than he ever has but that rides on how healthy everyone can stay.

I am glad everyone puts the Lions at the bottom of the division even though the past few years they have been in the dance to. I don't think the Lions got worse. I hope we can actually get a run game going this year and have the O-line we spent $$ rebuilding last year stay on the field together.

Last edited by twisty571; 08-05-2018 at 12:55 AM.
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:03 AM   #110
pgisback

Desean Jackson, Pierre Garçon, Jamison Crowder, Jordan Reed, Robert Kelley, and Chris Thompson are a perfectly legitimate crew that a good quarterback can win with. Kirk cost the team couple games that prevented them from making the playoffs including the game against the Giants second team that was basically a gimme game for the Skins but good ole prime time Kirk came to play. The offensive line, receivers, and backs were not to blame for missing the playoffs in 2016, the defense and Kirk are. Even the most loyal Kirk fans in the Redskins community started giving up on him after that season.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:20 AM   #111
Siberian13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgisback View Post
Desean Jackson, Pierre Garçon, Jamison Crowder, Jordan Reed, Robert Kelley, and Chris Thompson are a perfectly legitimate crew that a good quarterback can win with. Kirk cost the team couple games that prevented them from making the playoffs including the game against the Giants second team that was basically a gimme game for the Skins but good ole prime time Kirk came to play. The offensive line, receivers, and backs were not to blame for missing the playoffs in 2016, the defense and Kirk are. Even the most loyal Kirk fans in the Redskins community started giving up on him after that season.
Giving up over 27 plus points per game in those 7 losses and 1 tie didn’t help much either. He may struggle this year but I hope he does well.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #112
RogerGodahell
Banned

Game management and time management is something that is overlooked when evaluating quarterbacks. The best ones like Brady or whoever know how to milk every second of the clock. They know how to protect a lead by managing the clock correctly. Choosing the right play, calling out the look of the defense and selecting an audible if necessary are also what separates average or good from great. Their minds are as sharp as their physical skills.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:19 AM   #113
pgisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Giving up over 27 plus points per game in those 7 losses and 1 tie didn’t help much either. He may struggle this year but I hope he does well.
I think he’ll do great in minnesota. Just disagreeing with the argument he had no help in Washington. The offense was more than adequate other than last year.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #114
lambeauleap87

Cousins is a better QB than Keenum, but I think it will be hard to surpass the efficiency and effectiveness of the season that Keenum had last year, short of replacing him with an elite QB (which Captain Kirk is not). I think a full season of a healthy Dalvin Cook makes more of a difference than Cousins replacing Keenum.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:22 PM   #115
rman112
Banned

Kelvin Benjamin tearing his knee and getting fat was Cam Newton's fault.
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:47 PM   #116
packman80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post
That Carolina BBQ I hear is pretty good had the Panthers not taken him he would have not eaten so much
packman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #117
rman112
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packman80 View Post
That Carolina BBQ I hear is pretty good had the Panthers not taken him he would have not eaten so much
Never had!

I do like vinegar, though.

But if I do ever have any.. it will be Carolina's fault.
rman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #118
PatsCollector

How about some buzz talk? Who are you guys watching, or prospecting this pre-season/season?

My favourites are:
Davis Webb
Mason Rudolph
James Washington
DeMarcus Robinson
Kenny Golladay

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My collection is for trade/sale except the Pats stuff: https://www.flickr.com/gp/134688564@N02/8582z7
PatsCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:04 PM   #119
Fenway55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
As a Cowboys fan, I am already bracing for a QB controversy by midseason. Anyone can hand off to Zeke, but with such a piss-poor receiving group accuracy and timing will be at a premium and I could see CRush closing the gap on Dak in that area.
I am not a Cowboys fan so I have no horse in the race, but I always thought it was a mistake to bench Romo for Prescott (once Romo got healthy). As you say, anyone can hand off to Zeke and that's how Prescott got such great stats his rookie year. Then last year, when he was missing Zeke for 6 games, he came back down to Earth a bit.
Fenway55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:39 PM   #120
RogerGodahell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCollector View Post
How about some buzz talk? Who are you guys watching, or prospecting this pre-season/season?

My favourites are:
Davis Webb
Mason Rudolph
James Washington
DeMarcus Robinson
Kenny Golladay

I think Dante Pettis could blow up this year. He's a little low on the receiver depth chart but SF did move up 15 spots to grab him. They're raving about his route running ability and his hands. The other thing he's got going for him is his special teams ability. He had 9 punt returns for touchdowns. If Garcon or Goodwin get injured he'll see major playing time. Eventually he'll become a #1 or 2 receiver.
RogerGodahell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:47 PM   #121
Siberian13

Quote:

My favourites are:
Davis Webb
Mason Rudolph
James Washington
DeMarcus Robinson
Kenny Golladay

Everyone in football prospecting should stick to QBs.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #122
PatsCollector

I agree that's where the big payoffs are and you can sell purely on hype. But you can still make some at the WR position. Not RBs though....dime a dozen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian13 View Post
Everyone in football prospecting should stick to QBs.

My collection is for trade/sale except the Pats stuff: https://www.flickr.com/gp/134688564@N02/8582z7
PatsCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:38 PM   #123
twisty571

Quote:

My favourites are:
Davis Webb
Mason Rudolph
James Washington
DeMarcus Robinson
Kenny Golladay

Looking forward to seeing if Golladay can be the deep threat across from MJ & Tate in short. Also liking a story I read that Kerryon is looking like a video game highlight reel We desperately need a run game.
twisty571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #124
majestik101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman112 View Post

Kelvin Benjamin was a top tier receiver when he was drafted and languished in that Carolina offense. 90% of it was because of Cam's inability to get him the ball.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #125
aaron2

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestik101 View Post
Kelvin Benjamin was a top tier receiver when he was drafted and languished in that Carolina offense. 90% of it was because of Cam's inability to get him the ball.
Did they not go 15-1 and go to the SB without KB
aaron2 is offline   Reply With Quote