Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
ToppsCollector1

Default Pokemon GO

Im not into pokemon like I used to be. But I saw this a few months ago and was so excited for it to come out. Downloaded it about a half hour ago

Has anyone else tried it yet? What have you thought about it so far?
Old 07-07-2016, 07:09 AM   #2
gatordeve86

i downloaded it just to check it out... i wont get much use out of it living in the country but i could see someone in the city having fun with it
gatordeve86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #3
Hollywood42

Just got it, kinda funny to see a charmander appear right next to my dog. Wish I could move my character in the game without moving in real life so I could do something while just sitting at home
Hollywood42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
Braswell10

I got it. You have to be really active to get the full experience.
Braswell10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
Hollywood42

Seems like this is geared towards younger people that are in the back of a car on a road trip rather than someone who is driving. But, I'll be checking in on the app when I go somewhere and have some extra time. Just wish I could do literally anything without leaving my house. I know that's kinda the point of the game, but if my player could at least visit an outpost or whatever they're called by just moving around in my home, that'd be kinda nice
Old 07-07-2016, 10:47 AM   #6
Soxrule111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Just got it, kinda funny to see a charmander appear right next to my dog. Wish I could move my character in the game without moving in real life so I could do something while just sitting at home
Thought the same thing, was like damn, should have screenshotted it lol.

But seems fun, my buddy is saying its going to kill him haha. Idiot is playing While driving to work lol.
Soxrule111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #7
Hollywood42

My summer job is taking care of baseball/softball fields, and I'm in charge of 3 different adjacent complexes. There's usually a lot of downtime while the games are going on, so hopefully I'll be able to find a lot of different stuff while driving around in my cart from complex to complex
Old 07-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
Hollywood42

That's what I've heard, but I was so surprised to see a charmander sitting in my living room that I started slinging pokeballs at it before I looked around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbert View Post
did everyone get to pick between squirtle, bulbasaur, and charmendar just like the original gameboy game?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:02 AM   #9
smanzari

I'm loving it so far, you can use incense if you are being lazy/live far away from civilization. I do Travel a decent amount so I am pretty excited about the game!

Quote:
did everyone get to pick between squirtle, bulbasaur, and charmendar just like the original gameboy game?
Yea, also, if you don't pick right away and start walking you can also find a Pikachu.
smanzari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #10
Hollywood42

Can you explain this? I'm out and about fairly often but want to be able to do something from home too

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanzari View Post
I'm loving it so far, you can use incense if you are being lazy/live far away from civilization. I do Travel a decent amount so I am pretty excited about the game!

Yea, also, if you don't pick right away and start walking you can also find a Pikachu.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:04 AM   #11
siskiyoucnty

Is this different than ptcgo? (Pokemon trading card game online)
siskiyoucnty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #12
smanzari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
Can you explain this? I'm out and about fairly often but want to be able to do something from home too
Quote:
Sounds like to me its the same thing from the gameboy games. You can buy items in the game to attract pokemon or to repel pokemon. Not sure if that's what he means, but it sounds like it
Exactly What Halbert said. Incense is an item you can buy or get from Pokestops.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #13
DalliLlama11

Quote:
I got Squirtle. I looked around to see if there was a Bulbasaur or Charmander and didn't see any of them. Granted it was within my house and I'm not sure if I was supposed to actually venture outside to see if Charmander/Bulbasaur was there. But within the area there was only the one option. I'm wondering if its going to be like Yellow where you can actually get them regardless of the start (I know you got Pikachu in that). But I mean I don't know why they would limit you right from the get go and I don't see a way to trade, just transfer so you literally couldn't get them. At least in yellow/blue/red or whatever you could trade.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:08 AM   #14
Hollywood42

Ahh, got it. Will have to check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by smanzari View Post
Exactly What Halbert said. Incense is an item you can buy or get from Pokestops.
Quote:
Sounds like to me its the same thing from the gameboy games. You can buy items in the game to attract pokemon or to repel pokemon. Not sure if that's what he means, but it sounds like it
Old 07-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #15
siskiyoucnty

Quote:
Yes! brand new app and game with a completely new experience we have never seen from a pokemon game
Son of a.... they just finally got ptcgo on android and now there is another app gosh darn it. Lol this is tearing my tablet up. I should really get a laptop
Old 07-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #16
siskiyoucnty

Quote:
You can't play this on your laptop. The GO in this game literally means GO lol you will need a mobile phone to play.
Lol no I get that but in order to get the go app I will need to delete the ptcgo app which was specifically made for laptops so I can then play each one on their more appropriate platforms. I just hate having an 8gb tab 4 with a 64gb sd card and not being able to put all my apps and content on my sd card it's very annoying and eats my space up way to fast.

On to the main topic I see there is no trading yet but can you interact with other players at all?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #17
DalliLlama11

Quote:
Very weird, I saw all three pokemon as soon as I opened the game. When I caught one, the other two disappeared. No trading would be a big let down for me
I initially saw all 3 to basically acknowledge they were in the game, but as soon as I turned the camera or moved it was only Squirtle.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #18
smanzari

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyoucnty View Post

On to the main topic I see there is no trading yet but can you interact with other players at all?
As of right now, the only interaction is at Gyms (I think). You also pick a team once you get to Level 5- you can then train your dudes at your team gyms and fight at the non-team gyms
Old 07-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #19
DalliLlama11

Quote:
So, I decided to walk around the neighborhood for 30 minutes trying to find some pokemon.

I walked to the park, which in the game shows it as a stop. I walked towards it and in the game, the icon for park enlarged to acknowledge that I am close enough. Then when I clicked on it, nothing. No options or anything to do and it was black and white.

At the park I noticed I have the item to attract pokemon. So I activate it and continue walking. I noticed in some areas in the game the leaves are blowing, I thought this might mean there is a pokemon there, but nothing. Also, on the map the water started to have a pulsating circle, so again I walk towards it and clicked everywhere in the game but nothing. Again, I thought this might mean a pokemon was there. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Was hoping I would see at least 1 pokemon walking around for 30 minutes in my neighborhood but I guess I need to venture out into town or
something
Maybe a glitch? People have said there have been a few issues. The black/white thing I think was on of them. Freezing I saw was an issue too because of servers.

Has anyone gone to town/the city. Is it really that much more diverse? I'm in the "country" and only like 5 minutes from the city, but just kind of curious if 5 mins is really that big of a difference in stops, pokemon etc.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #20
Josh611

Downloaded it after talking about it with someone at work earlier. I'm in Flint so there's plenty of landmarks and what not so I should get a good use out of it. Caught 6 Pokemon so far lol.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #21
gatordeve86

i went to Walmart earlier and caught a Zubat on my way in lol and a couple more while I was at Turkey Hill
gatordeve86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #22
Nuurgle

I'm mostly disappointed that they've just recycled the existing portal locations and photos from Ingress and turned a few (maybe the most contested portal spots?) into gyms with the rest being poke stops or whatever this version calls them. I was hoping for a brand new map setup and new routes instead of the same old stuff.
Nuurgle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #23
Hollywood42

A couple early observations

-They have a big problem with their servers. It seems like when I log in there's a 50/50 shot as to if it'll be working or not. Please fix this

-Pokemon are much harder to find than you would think, and they're in pretty random locations that might not make sense logically. I figured I'd be able to find a few at work yesterday because we have a ton of land and open fields, but there were literally none around. Then I went to my girlfriend's after work, and opened it once and there were like 3 different Pokemon in between houses on her street. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense

-You need to move around a LOT to make any sort of a difference in the game
Old 07-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #24
Nyfancam01
Banned

I have a samsung

looked in the play store and don't see it anywhere??? How do i get this game on my phone?
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:50 AM   #25
Clarka3

i saw some PD tweeted that their station might be a store in the game, but you don't have to actually go inside the station to use it (so please don't) haha.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote