Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Aug06

Arrow Wrestling Moment you will never forget

I was watching some "older" wrestling on netfix and was remembering how awesome it use to be. It got me thinking about what was the most memorable thing I remember when I was a kid. 2 things right off the top of my head were
Obviously Piper with the coconut off Snuka's head (probably #1)
Piper Smashing Cindy Laupers Gold Record over Cpt. Lou Albano's head.

I am sure I have more but they are the first 2 I think of. Like to hear other peoples memories from years ago.
Aug06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
SBelcher

First two that popped in my head:
Guerrero & Benoit celebration closing out WrestleMania XX
Lesnar / Angle Iron Man match on Smackdown!
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
dd316

It was a Monday Nitro in Philly. Forget the year... 98 or 99. The NWO was absolutely DESPISED at the time! As they made their way back up the ramp from the ring after interfering with the main event (and after TV cameras stopped, sadly), everybody in the place was throwing things at them. Deciding to join all the cool kids, I launched my half full soda at them from a good 30 rows away... hitting the Fake Sting square in the nuts.

All these random people in front and behind us were cheering and high-fiving me.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Krayzie83

Mankind going off and through the steel cage for me! Other then that, Scott Hall (my favorite wrestler all time) cutting a promo and someone bouncing a full soda off his head and him just slicking his hair back and continuing lol.
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
dd316

Another great night was when ECW had a show at my college, again I think it was around 1998. After standing out in the bitter cold and snow for 3 hours to get in, we ended up with GA seats high in the bleachers.

The match was The Dudleys vs The Gangstas (I think, might have been new Jack and someone else). Anyways, D-Von and New Jack started brawling out of the ring, up the bleachers, and right for us! We all had to clear out of the way as they proceeded to beat the piss out of each other on our seats. When they finally made their way back to the ring, we couldn't sit back down because there was blood all over the bleachers. That was awesome.

I did manage to land a Fan Cam DVD of the show and you can see us and the whole thing go down.

I miss the old days of ECW.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
Rinkwraith
Banned

I once had a conversation with Vic Grimes about a bad fall he and New Jack took in an ECW PPV....that was before this one.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
SBelcher

Damn that's a wild story, Ted!
The craziest thing I've seen live like that was at Backlash 2006. Aside from being a weird event - Shane & Vince vs. Shawn Michaels & God; Trish Stratus breaking her arm; Shelton Benjamin doing come crazy ladder stunt again RVD; the craziest part was in the Cena / HHH / Edge w/Lita main event.

A WWE employee came over to my seat (third row ringside, camera-side) and started telling people to clear their stuff, either put it under your chair or hold it. No more than a few minutes later, HHH smacked Edge with a chair and sent him flying over the guard rail and I just about took his boot to my face.

Went to the Great American Bash a few months later and saw Kennedy get his head split wide open against the turnbuckle post vs. Batista. We were on the opposite side of the floor, so I didn't see too much, but it's rough on the DVD.
SBelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post

I once had a conversation with Vic Grimes about a bad fall he and New Jack took in an ECW PPV....that was before this one.
Holy crap, I don't remember seeing that before!

I used to work at Kmart, and one night ECW referee Jim Moleno was in the store at the front desk. He had an awesome ECW jacket which helped me recognize him, so I struck up a conversation. Among other things, he told me he was returning a pair of pants that had torn during their first PPV (Barely Legal) which was just a few nights before. So when I got home from work I put the tape on and sure enough, during the first match, you can see his pants split.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #9
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBelcher View Post
A WWE employee came over to my seat (third row ringside, camera-side) and started telling people to clear their stuff, either put it under your chair or hold it. No more than a few minutes later, HHH smacked Edge with a chair and sent him flying over the guard rail and I just about took his boot to my face.
That must've been awesome!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
lrogge1979

King of the Ring 1998 Undertaker vs Mankind was epic

Stone Cold vs Bret Hart Wrestlemania 13, love that match
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #11
Aug06

Man I must be older then I think, My best memories are from the early-mid 80's and I haven't seen any other post from the 80's....Uh Oh...I'm getting old

Anyone remember "War to settle the Score"? Piper & Hogan? Actually aired on MTV back in the early 80's...rock n roll connection???
Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #12
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug06 View Post
Anyone remember "War to settle the Score"? Piper & Hogan? Actually aired on MTV back in the early 80's...rock n roll connection???
I don't believe you - that was when MTV actually played music.

I certainly remember those days, but my favorite memories were from the 90's. Nothing in the 80's really stands out as much in my mind. Maybe Jim Cornette falling off the scaffold and breaking his legs...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
Mattsurewood

I was about ten years old (1984-85) at a house show at the Capital Centre in Landover MD...after the show, people waited outside for the wrestlers to leave...

As Rick Rude was getting in the passenger seat of what looked to be a beat up 78-79 Chevette (driven by the overweight "Canadian Earthquake"), a fan yelled down from above, "Hey Rude, you're a pu@sy!"

I was standing 5 feet from him...he looked down at me, winked, and said "But I'm a rich pu@sy though"...will never forget it
Mattsurewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
robwhois

A few moments for me:

Seeing the Jake the snake have his snake bite Randy Savage on the arm. Was pretty young at the time, totally freaked me out back then.

Seeing ECW for the first time on tv. First match I ever caught on MSG at like 1 am or something like that was a four way for the tv title(Jericho/Scorpio/Pitbull2/Douglas if I remember right). Was hooked on ECW after that.

Seeing Bret Hart walking around NYC. Went to a Raw in 97 I believe. Main event was Hart vs. Goldust I think for the world title(Dark match Main event Hart vs. Michaels vs, Undertaker for the world title). A few hours before Raw, me and a few friends were walking around the city and saw Hart walking right across the street from us. Why tried to get his attention but hey didn't or acted like he didn't hear us. Was my favorite wrestler at the time, so would have been cool to be able to talk to him, but still a cool/fun time that day/night.
robwhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
Aug06

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I don't believe you - that was when MTV actually played music.

I certainly remember those days, but my favorite memories were from the 90's. Nothing in the 80's really stands out as much in my mind. Maybe Jim Cornette falling off the scaffold and breaking his legs...
Worse part about MTV is apparently they played alot of wrestling back in the rock n wrestling days, but I was about 10 years old and went to bed and never even realized until years later that I could of actually stayed up and watched these classic matches....
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
4mightyQuinn

the return of brother love on shotgun saturday night jan 1997
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #17
4mightyQuinn

pillman stone cold gun home invasion & Twin towers and rockers wrestlemania V
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #18
ifish73

Not good with years but here are a few that come to mind:

- Randy Savage hitting Ricky Steamboat in the throat with the bell

- Owen Hart falling from the rafters

- The first time I saw ECW. Came home late one night and saw Sabu(?) put a chair in the ring, run across the ring, jump on the chair and then jump onto the top rope. He seemed to stop and balance on the top rope for a few minutes and then launced himself onto whoever he was wrestling against.

- mid to late 80's (I think) they would sometimes not have Saturday Night Live and have Saturday Night Wrestling. A lot of main events and it was free!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
sthoemke

Ultimate Warrior shaking the top rope
Old 01-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #20
KeithKards

Send a message via Yahoo to KeithKards

-All 3 TLC matches with Dudley's vs Hardy's vs Edge & Christian
-Kurt Angle surplexing Shane McMahon through the glass at the KOTR PPV
- And one I saw in person, Kerry Von Erich winning the NWA World Heavyweight Ttile against Ric Flair at the David Von Erich Memorial Parade Of Champions at Texas Stadium I think mid 80's.
KeithKards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #21
Cactuspies

hogan slammin the giant or the dragon getting his throat bashed on the guard rail

when stone cold used to be stunning steve

I'm old school from the 80's. killer bs, bulldogs, jyd, shiek, big john stud, king kong bundy...
Patriots 6 time Champs
catching up to johnmabry47: are you on my ignore list too? 76 and counting
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #22
golfinglegend67

Man, there a lot of wrestling memories that I don't think I'll ever forget but here are just a few.

- Goldberg beating Hogan for the WCW title on Nitro
- Edge Spearing Jeff Hardy off of the hanging belt
- Mankind's crazy fall of HIAC
- Stone Cold and the beer truck and making Vince piss himself
- Hogan turning heel and forming the NWO with the Outsiders

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #23
GoJays

WrestleMania 18, Hogan vs Rock. First (and only) WrestleMania I've been to, and what a WrestleMania it was.

Other than that, Benoit and Guererro hugging after WrestleMania 20, the formation of the NWO, and the Montreal Screwjob (which I had planned to go to, but couldn't miss work the next day as it was only my third week on the job!).
Old 01-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #24
Ty Hope

Another vote for Randy crushing the Dragon's throat. He turned completely blue and did an AMAZING job selling it.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
Ty Hope

In more recent years, I loved it when Booker T debuted in the WWE and The Rock just said "Who in the blue hell are you?"
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote