Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 04-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
Knucklesf05

Default need more advice

Made a trade on here on Sunday. We said we would overnight it, we both missed the deadline Monday so should have been delivered today. I gave him the tracking number and I checked today and his was delivered. Mine did not come today and still have no tracking number. Its over $1000 in trade and they have good feedback just not alot. Ive messaged a few times last night and today and havnt gotten a response. They may be at work and I get that but what I sent got there today and I still dont have a tracking number. What should I do?
Looking for hall of famers in NFL MLB NBA. Autos of: Michael Jordan, Kris Bryant, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Kobe, top rookies in all sports. Also any Yankees, Syracuse Orange, Sick patches logo patches, logoman, cards #'d 5/5 basically ill look at anything.
TRYING TO GET AS MANY KRIS BRYANT UPDATE U78 AS I CAN!
Knucklesf05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #2
deansayso

Talk to a mod
deansayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #3
ryanvas

Also look at the member's profile with whom you traded. If they have been active/or you noticed they were off and then on after that (last login) I would put them on blast. We all get the pop up that we have a message when signed on. If they can't respond to you screw them. If they haven't been online reach out to a Mod. As you said they could just be busy, but a $1000 trade and no tracking provided or communication from their end is piss poor.
ryanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
purejd86p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvas View Post
Also look at the member's profile with whom you traded. If they have been active/or you noticed they were off and then on after that (last login) I would put them on blast. We all get the pop up that we have a message when signed on. If they can't respond to you screw them. If they haven't been online reach out to a Mod. As you said they could just be busy, but a $1000 trade and no tracking provided or communication from their end is piss poor.

Looks like his last active time was 3:08 today.
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #5
free2131

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

I know this is a bit like suggesting getting a fire detector while you're watching your house burn down, but with any high dollar trade I would PM a mod and ask if they could be a go-between. Each side sends them the trade with paypal for shipping and a little extra for the trouble and the mod won't send out one side's cards until the other shows up. Anyone who doesn't want to do that on a high dollar transaction, I would stay away from.

As for now, I would give it a day or so (just in case the USPS hasn't scanned it in on his/her side) and if you haven't heard back, throw out the username, the card (and any serial numbering/ grading info that could help identify it), and watch this person's eBay account like a hawk.

In all honesty, even you end up getting your half of the trade, you should name and neg this person if the card wasn't overnighted like you both agreed. In any case, I hope you either get your end of the trade, or your cards back.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:34 PM   #6
deansayso

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1203926
deansayso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #7
ryanvas

They other party last activity was 9:15 (22 min ago). Hopefully they reached out to you OP
Old 04-18-2018, 08:57 PM   #8
27tinman

For what it's worth, I've done a number of high end deals with Lucas (troygoesdeep) and never had a problem. I will also point out that we got hit with over 2 feet of snow In Minnesota this past weekend and that may affect mail service. Hopefully this gets cleared up quickly for you, OP.
27tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:25 PM   #9
Ray27Ray52

Troygoesdeep is solid. Yes, you should have had a tracking number by now however I wouldn't worry. He'll come through.
Ray27Ray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #10
7nohitter

2 feet of snow and a solid history here...I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

I definitely see why you're nervous, I would be too. But, with people vouching for him I'd feel better.

FWIW, supposed to get 2 inches of snow here in MA today. I'm 42 and don't ever remember it snowing this late in April.....though I was mowing my lawn in December of 2016 because it was 70 degrees, so what do I know??

Good luck OP.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:37 AM   #11
nickha2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
2 feet of snow and a solid history here...I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

I definitely see why you're nervous, I would be too. But, with people vouching for him I'd feel better.

FWIW, supposed to get 2 inches of snow here in MA today. I'm 42 and don't ever remember it snowing this late in April.....though I was mowing my lawn in December of 2016 because it was 70 degrees, so what do I know??

Good luck OP.
History here and snowstorm or not. This has nothing to do with why he has not sent a PM back to the OP. If it was not shipped yet due to the storm then a PM should have been sent just out of courtesy. I hate always taking the pessimistic side in everything but its almost needed nowadays and with this trade totaling $1000 there is no reason you should not be updated constantly on the progress.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:07 AM   #12
NonSportsCardForum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickha2 View Post
History here and snowstorm or not. This has nothing to do with why he has not sent a PM back to the OP. If it was not shipped yet due to the storm then a PM should have been sent just out of courtesy. I hate always taking the pessimistic side in everything but its almost needed nowadays and with this trade totaling $1000 there is no reason you should not be updated constantly on the progress.
Exxxxxxxactly
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #13
tonedef2oo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Did the snow break his internet? Apparently not he logged in which means his pm works. Which mean he gets a negative to warn others here. Maybe this solid history is based on people not leaving proper feedback to warn others .
Old 04-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #14
Knucklesf05

On lunch at work but update messaged me last night saying he would get tracking to me last night... Still dont have tracking. Even if it was shippes regular first class should be there today so will update later tonight and will go from there with feedback and contacting mods
Looking for hall of famers in NFL MLB NBA. Autos of: Michael Jordan, Kris Bryant, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Kobe, top rookies in all sports. Also any Yankees, Syracuse Orange, Sick patches logo patches, logoman, cards #'d 5/5 basically ill look at anything.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #15
nickha2

IMO this deserves a neg. I know alot of people would say if he pulls through on delivery he only deserves a neutral. I would give him anything that knocks the percentage down so people can at least view what happened in this case and choose whether or not to do business with said member moving forward.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #16
trmpetyjo

Default I didn't know this was a thing, has this been done before? If so this is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
I know this is a bit like suggesting getting a fire detector while you're watching your house burn down, but with any high dollar trade I would PM a mod and ask if they could be a go-between. Each side sends them the trade with paypal for shipping and a little extra for the trouble and the mod won't send out one side's cards until the other shows up. Anyone who doesn't want to do that on a high dollar transaction, I would stay away from.

the hobby needs the go between so bad right now
trmpetyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:19 PM   #17
Knucklesf05

Ya I havnt done any feedback yet bc I don't know the outcome
Old 04-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #18
Knucklesf05

UPDATE: card was just delivered and is great. Shipped overnight an hour after I did on Monday and it just arrived now (no fault of trader) so only issue I have to sort out is the failure to send tracking. He messaged me both days saying he would get it to me later that night but did not so the only thing lacking was that part of the communication. If tracking was given never would have started this thread so I'm leaning towards a neutral with the explanation of failed to give tracking on high dollar trade. Again everything else about this deal was good he did ship overnight as we agreed (postal failure) and card came packaged well and safe. Any thoughts? I want to help the community as much as possible but also dont want to be a turd for lack of a tracking number.

Last edited by Knucklesf05; 04-19-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #19
Knucklesf05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knucklesf05 View Post
UPDATE: card was just delivered and is great. Shipped overnight an hour after I did on Monday and it just arrived now (no fault of trader) so only issue I have to sort out is the failure to send tracking. He messaged me both days saying he would get it to me later that night but did not so the only thing lacking was that part of the communication. If tracking was given never would have started this thread so I'm leaning towards a neutral with the explanation of failed to give tracking on high dollar trade. Again everything else about this deal was good he did ship overnight as we agreed (postal failure) and card came packaged well and safe. Any thoughts? I want to help the community as much as possible but also dont want to be a turd for lack of a tracking number.
I will take any and all thoughts and if there is nomenclature in blowout rules and regulations that would fit this I would appreciate someone posting it. Thanks again!
Old 04-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #20
ryanvas

Lack of communication is poor. You both missed mailing out the agreed on date and both mailed out the next day. Card came as advertised and packaged well. I would leave a positive but also note the communication could be better. I don't think a neutral is warranted. This would be what DSR would be perfect for. All good except the communication.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #21
jason122883

Yeah, I'd go with positive on it too. Better communication would have been nice, but looks like he did get it out at the time you guys both did
Old 04-19-2018, 07:45 PM   #22
houdini

Personally, I would leave a positive.

Forgetting tracking is one thing when the shipping is late, but forgetting tracking on a high-end trade that actually was shipped as promised is another.

We don't have enough honest (if absentminded) high-end traders as it is, I'd hate to see one dinged over something like this.

Your choice.

NO ECHECKS ACCEPTED!
YouTube Link
Shipping Info
International Shipping
Descanse mi princesita 9/20/00-4/16/15
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #23
Knucklesf05

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Personally, I would leave a positive.

Forgetting tracking is one thing when the shipping is late, but forgetting tracking on a high-end trade that actually was shipped as promised is another.

We don't have enough honest (if absentminded) high-end traders as it is, I'd hate to see one dinged over something like this.

Your choice.

I see your point. Hes a great trader negotiations etc it was just very nerve racking to know it arrived for him and I still had no tracking. That's why I post here when I'm unsure of what to do with peoples itrader bc I dont want to ruin peoples but I also dont want anyone getting taken advantage of (not that anyone did) its just always a possibility even if someone has 1000 positives and 100%
Old 04-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #24
Bader

agreed with a positive here....bottom line trade happened and went well...was it flawless, maybe not but I'm not personally going to hold that over an honest trader any day even if it is sent a day or 2 later than what was agreed upon.
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:09 PM   #25
BGT Masters

I'd recommend a positive as well. You could always mention the poor communication but to me its a positive.
BGT Masters is offline   Reply With Quote