Blowout Cards Forums
pokemon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > News & Announcements

Notices

News & Announcements Case Deals! and General Info about the Hobby

Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #1
blowoutcards
Administrator

Default Stephen Strasburg rookie cards and autographed cards in the following Hobby products

Topps announces that Stephen Strasburg will be in all Remaining 2010 Topps and Bowman Baseball Hobby Releases listed below:

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter

2010 Topps Complete Sets

2010 Topps Tribute

2010 Topps T-206

2010 Topps Triple Threads

2010 Topps Chrome

2010 Bowman Chrome

2010 Topps Update

2010 Topps Sterling

2010 Bowman Platinum

2010 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects

2010 Bowman Sterling

TOPPS CELEBRATES STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT WITH THE IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF HIS OFFICIAL TOPPS ROOKIE CARD

Phenom's MLB Rookie Card Available Exclusively Online via The Topps Million Card Giveaway: Site is offline for maintenance during his First MLB Game

New York, NY (June 7, 2010) - To celebrate MLB Rookie phenom Stephen Strasburg's major league debut, The Topps Company, Inc., the exclusive producer of Major League Baseball trading cards, has announced that Strasburg's first ever MLB rookie card will be made available exclusively online via The Topps Million Card Giveaway: Site is offline for maintenance immediately following his first pitch in the big leagues.

In an effort to capture this special moment in a timely fashion and give sports fans around the world an opportunity to collect this treasured card, during Strasburg's very first MLB game on June 8, collectors visiting The Topps Million Card Giveaway: Site is offline for maintenance with a code card found in Topps Series 1 or Topps Series 2 baseball will have a chance to unlock this special card. Strasburg's Topps rookie card will contain the photo of his very first pitch in the Major Leagues and will be issued in very limited quantities.

"Topps has a long history of creating memorable and valuable cards featuring the games great rookie stars, from Mickey Mantle to Nolan Ryan to Cal Ripken, Jr. to Albert Pujols. We expect Stephen Strasburg's rookie card to follow in similar fashion", said Warren Friss, Topps GM of Sports & Entertainment. "Our enormously successful online Million Card Giveaway provides us a unique platform to capture and deliver Stephen's first MLB rookie card in an unprecedented and incredibly timely fashion. Before Stephen even hits the showers, the very first Strasburg rookie card will likely be owned by at least one lucky collector."

Last year Topps announced an exclusive multi-year deal with Strasburg granting Topps exclusive rights for autographed cards, game-used memorabilia cards and the use of Strasburg's image on packaging and advertising. Topps will also offer a limited edition line of autographed memorabilia items.

In addition, Strasburg rookie cards will appear in the remainder of Topps 2010 baseball products starting with the release of Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball.

Topps is the first exclusive baseball card company of Major League Baseball in nearly 30 years. The company looks to expand its ongoing efforts to invigorate the category, continue launching ground-breaking products, improve the retail and collecting experience and make cards more relevant to children and young adults.
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
pskell02

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

What is this Bowman Platinum they speak of??? Sounds intriguing Please be on card though.
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
mnvikingstwins

Hopefully Bowman Platinum is going to be like Topps Platinum football
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
dd316

Imagine that. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
cardinalscards4

Bowman platinum? We shall see. I personally think Bowman Sterling will be insane this year.
cardinalscards4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
eluna25

Everyones eyes seem to catch the same thing, Bowman Platinum!
eluna25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
mnvikingstwins

TOPPS CELEBRATES STEPHEN STRASBURG'S MLB DEBUT WITH THE IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF HIS OFFICIAL TOPPS ROOKIE CARD

I wouldn't really call it immediate...
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Casebreaker

nice auto patch jersey rc of strasburg in bowman platinum!!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
jebjeb1

I think he will have RCs in every product, but it is not clear he will have auto cards in every product if I read this correctly?
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
Casebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebjeb1 View Post
I think he will have RCs in every product, but it is not clear he will have auto cards in every product if I read this correctly?
i agree, i think MOST products will have them, espeically all the bowman products, i can see topps sterling having a few too. Dont think the draft picks will have one unless its a green RC auto
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #11
jebjeb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebreaker View Post
i agree, i think MOST products will have them, espeically all the bowman products, i can see topps sterling having a few too. Dont think the draft picks will have one unless its a green RC auto

I can't see Strasburg autos in Ginter of Topps factory sets.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #12
Casebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebjeb1 View Post
I can't see Strasburg autos in Ginter of Topps factory sets.
yeah those are the products i didnt see them in, also maybe an insert auto in the topps update, but not a base auto
Old 06-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
otmack2o

I am holding out for Bowman Triple Diamond!