Blowout Cards Forums
all star

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > eSPORTS

Notices

eSPORTS Post your eSports Hobby Talk

Old 10-31-2016, 09:04 PM   #51
CC_123

League advanced this AM after the servers came back.

I lose in OT to the Panthers but shouldn't have. I scored a TD in regulation as time expired and missed the extra point. Before that, I fumbled in the end zone, which wouldve been another TD. The in OT I missed a FG, which likely would've won it for me as the Panthers got great field position after I missed.

Oh well.
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:39 PM   #52
aeakers

I lost too, couldn't stop Devonta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Also collecting Purdue alumni (all sports) and 2003 & 2004 Pristine Gold Refractors.
aeakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:10 AM   #53
PlatinumPlus502

Only available tonight to play bills. Work tue-sun this week and I works 12s.

https://sportscardalbum.com/u/platinumplus502
PlatinumPlus502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:10 AM   #54
PlatinumPlus502

after the game i just had with bills4life i think some sportsmanship rules need to be reviewed. im up by 1 with a minute left and this guy breaks one out, and intentionally dives before the endzone and starts taking knees. im calling BS, should have just went into the endzone and at least given me an chance at a come back. only joined this league to AVOID the ignorance of the madden online community and this happened.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:13 AM   #55
PlatinumPlus502

note i could have taken a dive myself as i scored with like 1:20 left, but i chose to put it into the endzone. coward BS way out of a game. Rule number 1 show SPORTSMANSHIP and that was 100% not the case. So annoyed right now with this.

Last edited by PlatinumPlus502; 11-01-2016 at 04:20 AM.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:24 AM   #56
bills4life

Send a message via Skype™ to bills4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPlus502 View Post
note i could have taken a dive myself as i scored with like 1:20 left, but i chose to put it into the endzone. coward BS way out of a game
No, you couldn't have, because I was calling time outs when you were within the 5 yard line. You scored on 3rd down bud.

Second of all, I did not "dive" at the 1 yard line. I was tackled by your defense at the 2 yard line.

Third, it was your job to stop me when I got the ball back being down by 1 point. I got down there with a legitimate play, nothing cheesy about it, and what I did is something we've seen many times in the NFL at the end of a game.

Want me to give you examples? We could go there.

Your defense had a chance to prevent me from getting into scoring range, and it didn't, simple as that.

P.S. Do you really want to know why you went up by 1 point in the first place? Remember that touchdown I scored in which you lined up to defend a 2 point attempt but I kicked the extra point instead? Yes, the 2 point conversion would have put me up by 14 at the time and it would have made a lot more sense, but I was literally afraid you would complain to me if I went for 2!!! And that's only because you complained when I went for 4th and inches on YOUR 23 yard line on the first drive (not MY 23 yard line) so I ended up kicking the FG for you anyway to avoid any issues. But I had no idea what to expect from you at that point because, quite honestly, I've never had anyone complain about that to me in all my time playing Madden, so I didn't know what to expect next.

Last edited by bills4life; 11-01-2016 at 04:28 AM.
bills4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:29 AM   #57
PlatinumPlus502

No need to lie. You stopped. Period. You're gone or I'm gone . Number one rules is sportsmanship on this. If you want to cheese play online head to head quick matches. No room for that here.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #58
aeakers

It doesn't seem very sim to me to purposely not score so you can waste time especially when you aren't in the lead. I'm sure you can find an example of this being done in the NFL but I don't think it is common or shows good sportsmanship

It might be a good idea to stream your games when you play head to head in a league. I didn't before either but might be a good way to avoid the "he said he said"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Also collecting Purdue alumni (all sports) and 2003 & 2004 Pristine Gold Refractors.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #59
CC_123

From what I have read from both PM's, this is what I have gathered.

PlatinumPlus52, you scored with around 1:20 remaining to take the lead back. I heard that you did this from running the same exact 2-3 plays over and over, which your opponent said was fine because if he couldn't stop it, why not keep running it. You're upset that he went for it on 4th and inches and converted, even though it was in your territory, which is permitted within the rules. However, he stated that on the next play (1st & 10), he kicked a FG, so the 4th & inches is really moot at that point since either way he would've had 3 points. You're also mad because (again, from what I have gathered), your opponent wound the clock down after being tackled at the 2 yard line. You might view that as bad sportsmanship (which I do understand), but if he truly was tackled (which I cannot prove if he was or wasn't), there is nothing wrong with winding the clock down to the last seconds (maybe not by taking knees, but rather running the ball). He doesn't owe you time on the clock for you to attempt to come back. You had the lead late and had your chance to win. Again, I cannot prove what truly happened without video.

The positive thing out of the situation? You two don't have to play each other again. Its done, its over with, its time to move on from it. In the end, its a video game. There is nothing to get mad about, no reason to duck out of the league because you viewed it as a bad experience with ONE user. This entire situation is a lot of he said, she said and I cannot really pick and choose what actually happened and what didn't happen without it actually being recorded.

Both members, I want you to stay in the league. Even if there is a violation of sportsmanship (which could be said both ways with the knees from bills4life and the repetitive play calling with PlatinumPlus52), I am not going to boot someone from a first offense AS the rules state. You get two strikes in the league before you are booted out. I will chalk this up like the NFL does and say these are offsetting penalties, mainly because I cannot prove what happened on either side. This is the only true, fair way to go about it. I don't think I will have to worry about either of you guys getting another mark. Remember, its a video game. There is only one outcome in the game and its to either win or lose. Its for fun and it shouldn't be this serious. We don't have money or cards on the line. We just have pride. One person won, the other lost. In the end, thats the purpose of the game.

I hope both of you remain in the league, as you won't face each other again being that one team is AFC and the other is NFC (unless you meet in the Super Bowl, in which that will be recorded). Stay in the league, enjoy it, have fun, and relax.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #60
lambeauleap87

FWIW, if I'm understanding the situation correctly, I don't have any issue with running out the clock like that down one. When I play Madden, I usually want a realistic game situation, and no coach worth their weight in salt is going to leave another team time on the clock for a game-winning drive in the name of "sportsmanship" IMO.

A lot of online players in Madden online lack sportsmanship (going for it on fourth down, spamming plays, etc.), but I don't see that as being a case of this.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #61
Devi8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
FWIW, if I'm understanding the situation correctly, I don't have any issue with running out the clock like that down one. When I play Madden, I usually want a realistic game situation, and no coach worth their weight in salt is going to leave another team time on the clock for a game-winning drive in the name of "sportsmanship" IMO.

A lot of online players in Madden online lack sportsmanship (going for it on fourth down, spamming plays, etc.), but I don't see that as being a case of this.
from the mixed detail we've received I agree. I don't have a problem at all with taking a knee at the one yard line o kill clock. IRL a coach is a fool to score with too much time on the clock, especially if the other team is trying to let them. Run the clock, end the game....don't give the other team the ball back at all costs
Old 11-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #62
PlatinumPlus502

Run the same play? No I didnt..now this guy is trying to save face. I ran a halfback blast from the 6 and got no gain. Then a sweep outside for like 2 yards. Then made a pass on an out route for a td. How exactly is that running the same play?

He intentionally stopped prior to scoring with a minute left while down . At least aekers can see what I was saying.

The fact that I punched it in and even gave him the time and the fact that he cheesed the hell out of it is not what I signed up for. Had he scored like he should have and I couldn't drive to score myself I wouldn't have cared. But no he didnt. The only reason I signed up for this was to avoid the nonsense bs the madden online community offers as there are rules set in place.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #63
bills4life

Send a message via Skype™ to bills4life

Your RB was your #1 receiver. 7 receptions on 7 screen passes, all of which when you fell behind by 2+ scores. Only got back in the game when I fumbled within your 20 yard line when about to go up my 3 scores late in the game. You already know this. Face it, you lost and I don't think I'm that good at this game, so what does that say about you?

I've disproved every complaint you've had towards me. The latest is "cheesing". Ok well, check the box score and let's talk about cheesing:

When I built my lead I ran the hell out of the ball, if I was a true cheeser or type of person that would want to run it up, I'd have thrown the hell out of the ball on you. But I played fair.

When you became desperate, there were 2 plays that made up at least 80% of your entire offense and you know this. Normally I wouldn't complain because it's my job to stop you on those plays, and I didn't, but since you keep coming with ridiculous claims, I have to come with the proof.

The RB screen pass is the ULTIMATE cheese play in Madden! I did not run that play ONCE in the entire game! Ok maybe once? Not sure, but I don't see any Bills rb on that stat sheet. I remember running some stupid play action screen play to a WR at one point when I was up by a lot and did not want to run it up on you. But anyway, the funniest part is I beat you on the outside slant play that you kept throwing to John Brown over and over on the right side of the field. I learned that route from you!!

That said, I don't want to ruin this thread with a stupid back and forth argument over a game of Madden that is hardly worth mention, so I'm leaving it at that.,
bills4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #64
indyguy

Oakland and Tennessee finished their game last night with Oakland coming out on top by a few scores.

Tennessee came out quick with DeMarco Murray scampering for a 63 yard run down inside the five. Only came away with a FG though. Then, on Oakland's first possession, the Titans were able to come away with a pick and come down and score a TD to take a 10-0 lead.

After that, Oakland exploded and my defense could not do much else. Carr ended up with 5 passing TDs on the day.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #65
The Card Album

I started off really rocky, down 14-0 to the Bears, but managed to pull my head out of my backside and get a solid win.

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #66
CC_123

If you haven't played your game, you have until 7 PM CT tonight. If all games finish earlier, league will advance
Old 11-04-2016, 11:16 AM   #67
indyguy

Titans pick up their first win of the season by beating the Texans! 1-3 now. Starting to really like Mariota on this game.

My defense is OK, but I always manage to get burnt for a couple big plays. Need to fix that.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #68
Devi8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyguy View Post
Titans pick up their first win of the season by beating the Texans! 1-3 now. Starting to really like Mariota on this game.

My defense is OK, but I always manage to get burnt for a couple big plays. Need to fix that.
it happens to me all the time too. There's just some series that my team cannot seem to get off the field at all. I feel like the opposing receivers are always running wide open on certain drives
Old 11-04-2016, 12:13 PM   #69
aeakers

It seems to me that there are times the CPU just goes beast and you aren't going to stop them.

Had my best game of the year and beat up the Chargers pretty good last night.

Old 11-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #70
indyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
it happens to me all the time too. There's just some series that my team cannot seem to get off the field at all. I feel like the opposing receivers are always running wide open on certain drives
Had the Texans at their own 1 yard line. Decided not to blitz, because I know big plays happen when I blitz in that situation. Lamar Miller hit in the end zone, bounces back and then runs for 75 yards.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:50 PM   #71
The Card Album

Does the league advance tonight?

After placing a QB and RE on IR, I picked up FAs of the same positions.

Last edited by The Card Album; 11-05-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #72
lambeauleap87

Are we going to be able to advance this league on the planned dates? It really screws with schedules to get games in when I/we never know if or when the league is going to be advanced.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #73
CC_123

Sorry, things pop up in my life to where I am unable to always advance it on a dead set time. Class runs late on Wednesdays some nights and this Saturday was deer opener in Minnesota so I was gone doing that. Saturday's usually aren't the issue, but Wednesday's can be with class and then work following. The league will always advance every week, it just could be a day late here and there. It has advanced this week (actually before you posted), so it is good to go.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:40 PM   #74
The Card Album

You mean you have more going on in your life than Madden? Must be nice. Lol

Just a heads up, I restarted my game. I didn't notice that the CPU put Romo at the top of my depth chart since his pre-existing injury ended. My first play was a TD and I noticed him celebrating instead of Dak.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #75
CC_123

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Card Album View Post
You mean you have more going on in your life than Madden? Must be nice. Lol

Just a heads up, I restarted my game. I didn't notice that the CPU put Romo at the top of my depth chart since his pre-existing injury ended. My first play was a TD and I noticed him celebrating instead of Dak.
I have more then I want to have going on in my life! School, work, girlfriend, hunting, coaching, reffing. And thats only the tip of the iceberg, sadly haha.

And no worries, I would've done the same.