pensfan87893 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 01:07 AM   #53
xxmudgexx

Need to find a answer on defense quick for rest of the way
Old 12-11-2017, 01:08 AM   #54
wheeler281

Holy Shazier! #Shalieve

Wish I didn't have to sell my tickets to this game :/

Might have to sell my Pats tickets too but that's alright as long as I get to use 2 sets of playoff tickets it was worth it lol

Hope yinz guys have a great night!

"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #55
Scottish Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmudgexx View Post
Need to find a answer on defense quick for rest of the way
Yes for sure, giving up 38 to Flacco is not a good sign for the playoffs. Hopefully, Butler can rearrange the deck chairs on defense and get players settled in before then. This week will be an interesting test. I hope the Steelers don't show all their cards in this matchup. Belicheck would just love to get tape and exploit them if they meet in the playoffs. I think he would almost take a loss if it meant the Steelers showed how they plan on matching up. Patriots really don't care about home field as much as other teams.
Scottish Punk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:30 PM   #56
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
Yes for sure, giving up 38 to Flacco is not a good sign for the playoffs. Hopefully, Butler can rearrange the deck chairs on defense and get players settled in before then. This week will be an interesting test. I hope the Steelers don't show all their cards in this matchup. Belicheck would just love to get tape and exploit them if they meet in the playoffs. I think he would almost take a loss if it meant the Steelers showed how they plan on matching up. Patriots really don't care about home field as much as other teams.

That is true, but the Pats have dominated the Steelers for the last several years, so you would think Belichick would still really want to win this game for the mental edge/advantage.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #57
Scottish Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbears86 View Post
[/B]

That is true, but the Pats have dominated the Steelers for the last several years, so you would think Belichick would still really want to win this game for the mental edge/advantage.
I get that, I think it runs more important the other way. The Steelers really could use the win to have any confidence in beating them. I realize we are saying the same thing just looking at other side of the coin. I just don't want the Steelers to "empty the tank" now and then get crushed in the playoffs again. Whatever confidence/mental age gained will be lost two-fold.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #58
BostonNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Punk View Post
Haven't the Steelers played the exact same defense against Brady for the past decade?

Not sure what they could possibly hide for the playoffs...though Keith Butler did say in the off season that he has a super secret plan to stop Brady this year.

Will be a good game...that's for sure. Pittsburgh is such an awesome atmosphere for football.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #59
Scottish Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Haven't the Steelers played the exact same defense against Brady for the past decade?

Not sure what they could possibly hide for the playoffs...though Keith Butler did say in the off season that he has a super secret plan to stop Brady this year.

Will be a good game...that's for sure. Pittsburgh is such an awesome atmosphere for football.
Pretty much and it drives me insane. They play a soft zone and hope the pass rush gets to Brady. I think they don't want their corners to get blocked with the myriad of "rub routes", err pick plays that the Pats run. The Pats simply counter by running three yards and turning around. Dink all the way down the field. Frustrating. I want to see a lot of pressure/blitz early. Brady turtles up quickly when he is hit. Might give up a big play early, but it would be worth it to get a couple hits in.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #60
blackbears86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post

I think I remember reading in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that his "secret plan" is to simply play a lot more man to man defense against the Pats.
blackbears86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #61
wheeler281

Tough pill to swallow today. Regardless this team showed vast improvement on the matchup. I am not one to put too much faith in the home playoff games unless it's a turf team. Get AB back for the playoffs and March on. Fear the Ravens way more then the Pats. Keep your head up. Crap happens.

"Pressure is something you feel when you do not know what you are doing" - Chuck Noll

Last edited by wheeler281; 12-17-2017 at 09:31 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:37 PM   #62
Cyphon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
Tough pill to swallow today. Regardless this team showed vast improvement on the matchup. I am not one to put too much faith in the home playoff games unless it's a turf team. Get AB back for the playoffs and March on. Fear the Ravens way more then the Pats. Keep your head up. Crap happens.
I get where you are coming from but no way you should fear the Ravens more. Pats have our number and are in our heads (even if I think we beat them). Ravens we swept and have done well against in the playoffs.

Also, sup Wheeler.

AB and Haden definitely take us over the top in a rematch but you have to worry about our coaching. Who in the hell decided to leave Davis on an island vs Gronk that last drive when he couldn't cover him all game? And then after Gronk kills us they proceed to leave Davis alone with him again for the 2 pt conversion. The lack of adjustment is just astonishing.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #63
SteelPen2

Anyone you put on that big oaf is a mis-match, no matter how you look at it.

My bucket: http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/steelpen2/Cards_Trade_Sale/
SteelPen2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:09 PM   #64
Cyphon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPen2 View Post
Anyone you put on that big oaf is a mis-match, no matter how you look at it.
Hilton covered him twice and had success both times despite a complete size mismatch. I am not saying Davis needs to be perfect but he does need to not be terrible.

I'll give Davis a C because he isn't a great safety and it is on the coaches for not recognizing that and helping him and I will give the coaches an F for well....not helping him.

I just don't understand how you watch Davis give up 52 yards on back to back plays, then another 17 yards, and then after they score put him back 1 on 1 vs Gronk for the 2 point conversion. Were they even watching the game at that point?
Old 12-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #65
solt0131

Antonio Brown has a partially torn calf muscle, this will keep him out for an extended period of time they said. Usually these are six week injuries.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote