Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
bd3d86

Default Hate to do this, but "calling out" Abenaki Blood

UPDATE: Deal was completed yesterday and cards have been shipped.

UPDATE: 2 days later....He has been on several times and still has not pm'ed me back. I have written him 2-3 times. He even asked for a paypal invoice and I sent it for the 31 cards that I had for him. I am more confused than anything......

I'll try to make this short....this guy contacts me in my thread saying "How many Cashners do you have? I will take them all" (Andrew Cashner). This was on 3-10. I spend the time getting all of them together and send him a pm. He says he wants them and to send a price. I send him the price dlvd and don't hear anything for around 2 weeks (all the while still adding to this pile as I continue to open stuff). I randomly send pm's asking if he is still interested, what's going on, etc.

I then receive a message on 4-4, "Sorry for delay, go ahead and give me the final total." So, I give him the new total and price within minutes of him sending the message. I even say that I would happy to work with him on the price. I have sent 5-6 pm's since then and he has ignored every one. I have even sent him messages while he was on and posting.

Is it that difficult to send a message back????? Usually when a person says that they will take all of what you have and then later on say that they are still interested, you feel like you have a deal in place or at least going. It is extremely frustrating!

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by bd3d86; 04-25-2012 at 03:54 PM.
bd3d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Abenaki Blood

Send a message via AIM to Abenaki Blood

I haven't seen a price that I like yet. If we all made deals without agreeing on a price, we would all be in a world of trouble, agree?

"I have quite a few. Here is the list:

4 - 2010 Bowman Platinum rookies
1 - 2010 Topps Chrome rookie
1 - 2010 Topps Chrome Orange Refractor rookie
2 - 2010 Bowman Chrome rookies
3 - 2010 Bowman DP&P Chrome rookies
5 - 2010 Bowman DP&P rookies

16 total

It would be $3 for shipping. Let me know if that looks good to you.

Thanks,
Mike"

I will pay you $5 and $3 for shipping. That is the best I can do as I buy a lot of these commons in bulk for that price.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
nuccionino
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenaki Blood View Post
I haven't seen a price that I like yet. If we all made deals without agreeing on a price, we would all be in a world of trouble, agree?

"I have quite a few. Here is the list:

4 - 2010 Bowman Platinum rookies
1 - 2010 Topps Chrome rookie
1 - 2010 Topps Chrome Orange Refractor rookie
2 - 2010 Bowman Chrome rookies
3 - 2010 Bowman DP&P Chrome rookies
5 - 2010 Bowman DP&P rookies

16 total

It would be $3 for shipping. Let me know if that looks good to you.

Thanks,
Mike"

I will pay you $5 and $3 for shipping. That is the best I can do as I buy a lot of these commons in bulk for that price.
So you ignore? OP is right, everyone is ignoring people if they see a price they don't like. It's called countering, or simply saying no thanks. If you ignore, then you're just a coward. I don't think the OP was directing this at you as much as a lot of people, because it has been happening a lot.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
SpastikMooss

Quote:
Abenaki Blood - all you had to do was send the above message IN A PM when he messaged you with an offer and everything is fine. Basic rule of etiquette to answer someone back when they message you.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
palmdesertcards
Banned

and another one gets ousted.
palmdesertcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
Abenaki Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdesertcards View Post
and another one gets ousted.
What does that mean Palm? Care to share?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:
What does that mean Palm? Care to share?
Why didn't you respond to his pms?
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
palmdesertcards
Banned

Means another day on blowout and another call-out!!!

This is what happens when you dont take a second out of your busy life to respond to a PM. Not hard there guy.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
gtmsportscards

Abenaki bought something from me on scf and never paid. No response. Nothing. Only like a $12 card too

Need any and all RAVENS
gtmsportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
palmdesertcards
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmsportscards View Post
Abenaki bought something from me on scf and never paid. No response. Nothing. Only like a $12 card too
I will say I have never dealt with him, but we have chit chatted and he comes across as a stand up guy!

So I wont take sides here, but just looks like a few balls got dropped and now the riots are out.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
Abenaki Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmsportscards View Post
OK, SCF name? The deal? I am looking at my trades on SCF and there has never been a trade that wasn't completed. If there was, why wouldn't you just give me a negative? I mean really, where is the transaction?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
palmdesertcards
Banned

Quote:
OK, SCF name? The deal? I am looking at my trades on SCF and there has never been a trade that wasn't completed. If there was, why wouldn't you just give me a negative? I mean really, where is the transaction?
i think there is a tab to select deals past 90 days.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #13
Abenaki Blood

And I just really don't care to be honest. If people don't want to deal with me, good for you. I only have 4 deals on this site in a few years for a reason. It is a one way street on this site. I am expected to do my part, but when I send PM's, I hardly get responses. I will stick with SCF for 99% of my deals. In addition, I had someone BUY Cashners at a card show and then call me with his price for the cards and then get upset that I didn't want them. Correct me if I am wrong, but in business, does this happen? Would a vendor ship Home Depot product without them setting the price term (without a previous contract)? NOPE. I am very well aware of how it works in business so post these STUPID post all you want, I honestly don't care and if you don't want to do business with me, block me, ignore, do whatever you want. When I think of Blowout, I think of the great deals I get on wax; I don't think about the great deals I get on the forums. The end.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:
And I just really don't care to be honest. If people don't want to deal with me, good for you. I only have 4 deals on this site in a few years for a reason. It is a one way street on this site. I am expected to do my part, but when I send PM's, I hardly get responses. I will stick with SCF for 99% of my deals. In addition, I had someone BUY Cashners at a card show and then call me with his price for the cards and then get upset that I didn't want them. Correct me if I am wrong, but in business, does this happen? Would a vendor ship Home Depot product without them setting the price term (without a previous contract)? NOPE. I am very well aware of how it works in business so post these STUPID post all you want, I honestly don't care and if you don't want to do business with me, block me, ignore, do whatever you want. When I think of Blowout, I think of the great deals I get on wax; I don't think about the great deals I get on the forums. The end.
What does this have to do with THIS situation? Why would you not return a pm, especially if you don't like it when other people do it to you?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
cking

Quote:
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
Abenaki Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Where are you going? I haven't stolen anything? You think someone is going to get banned because they didn't respond to a PM? Good luck with that bro.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
cking

Quote:
Where are you going? I haven't stolen anything? You think someone is going to get banned because they didn't respond to a PM? Good luck with that bro.
I thought you said you were leaving for SCF and I wanted to bid you farewell thats all Who said anything about getting banned?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
cking

Quote:
You know where I work, you know where I live. I can assure you that you don't want to run your mouth to me in person. And if you do, PM me, I promise to respond to your PM.
Relax there tough guy!!
Old 04-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
bd3d86

Pm was sent to me earlier today by AB, so hopefully this can all be worked out.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
SpastikMooss

Quote:
I am expected to do my part, but when I send PM's, I hardly get responses.
I've have this happen too, but it doesn't mean you just stop responding and join the problem. I've had tons of messages sent out with no reply. I still reply to 100% of my messages. Especially if it's part of a deal I started by posting a thread of my wants like in your case with the Cashners. And especially if we're in the middle of discussing prices.

And if you want to bring jobs into it, I'm going into teaching special ed. In special ed contact with parents is a pretty big deal, and a lot of parents never answer their phone or email so it's tough to talk with them about their kid's future. Does this mean I totally give up and stop responding to other parents because of a few bad apples? No. Because then I wouldn't be doing my job.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
Abenaki Blood

Alright, I will spend the rest of the day calling out all the unreturned PMs that I have sent. Honestly, I could be doing this for a few hours. Look in the mirror, and ask yourself a very simple question; "If someone doesn't respond to my PM, is it worth the effort of blowing up their PM box (maxing it out), or should I assume that there isn't going to be another effort and move on to the next deal?"

I work in retail. You know how many customers come in for quotes and you never hear from them again? You are told that if there is no response, MOVE ON! Don't waste your time. Grown men, stop crying. Seriously.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:
Alright, I will spend the rest of the day calling out all the unreturned PMs that I have sent. Honestly, I could be doing this for a few hours. Look in the mirror, and ask yourself a very simple question; "If someone doesn't respond to my PM, is it worth the effort of blowing up their PM box (maxing it out), or should I assume that there isn't going to be another effort and move on to the next deal?"

I work in retail. You know how many customers come in for quotes and you never hear from them again? You are told that if there is no response, MOVE ON! Don't waste your time. Grown men, stop crying. Seriously.
You are deflecting my question. If you don't like when people don't answer pms (and yes it happens all the time, and can be frustrating, and yes I sometimes do it myself), why would you do it to someone else?

Anyone here heard of the golden rule? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #23
Abenaki Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
You are deflecting my question. If you don't like when people don't answer pms (and yes it happens all the time, and can be frustrating, and yes I sometimes do it myself), why would you do it to someone else?

Anyone here heard of the golden rule? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?
Thanks for the quick lesson ethics and morality. Honestly, after reading over this thread today, I feel as though I am more of a complete person. From this day forward, I shall respond in a timely manner to each PM. I shall response to every offer I get on eBay, even when they are offering $30 for a BIN price of $1,000. What other advice can I receive today? Free advice, can't go wrong!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
mmbtvs
unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for the quick lesson ethics and morality. Honestly, after reading over this thread today, I feel as though I am more of a complete person. From this day forward, I shall respond in a timely manner to each PM. I shall response to every offer I get on eBay, even when they are offering $30 for a BIN price of $1,000. What other advice can I receive today? Free advice, can't go wrong!
Who said anything about ethics and morality? I'm talking etiquette. Why are you so sarcastic and angry dude? You could simply say, I didn't think his asking price dignified a response, and you know what? That would be a reasonable arguement.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #25
SpastikMooss

Quote:
If you get 1,000,000 messages a day from these sites, then sorry, I understand that gets overwhelming.

A quick Ebay/BO/SCF check sees that you have NOTHING on Ebay, not much going on on BO, and I count 4 trades this month on SCF, one of which needed you to answer pms (from rotohester) and one of which needs your confirmation to complete (guessing that one was a dud).

So your whole "From this day forward, I shall respond in a timely manner to each PM. I shall response to every offer I get on eBay, even when they are offering $30 for a BIN price of $1,000." doesn't mean much if you're getting maybe 20 pms a day. You can still be nice lol.