Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > WWE & WRESTLING

Notices

WWE & WRESTLING Post your WWE/Wrestling Cards Hobby Talk

Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
ryangeorgelaw
Banned

Default Leaf Originals Wrestling 2013 Series 2/Are you in?

Even with all of the recent controversy I cannot wait for the release of another series of wrestling autographs. In a years time I hope to be on here posting my 1/1 master sets of Mr. Fuji, Ax, Smash, Slick, and the Claw Baron Von Raschke lol.

I am hoping that Leaf tightens things up and runs the ship tighter next time around, but all in all I am still excited for the release.

I am just curious how many people still are on board for a second series and how many people the recent controversy has soured on the product?
ryangeorgelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangeorgelaw View Post
Even with all of the recent controversy I cannot wait for the release of another series of wrestling autographs. In a years time I hope to be on here posting my 1/1 master sets of Mr. Fuji, Ax, Smash, Slick, and the Claw Baron Von Raschke lol.

I am hoping that Leaf tightens things up and runs the ship tighter next time around, but all in all I am still excited for the release.

I am just curious how many people still are on board for a second series and how many people the recent controversy has soured on the product?
When will people learn???????
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
ryangeorgelaw
Banned

I am not naive, I don't expect anything to change. With that being said I still love this years product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
When will people learn???????
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
sjim8660
Banned

I am in, as long as the Ultimate Warrior is. Well even if he is not I am still in. Hopefully they can get kevin sullivan (dungeon of Doom) that is who i would shoot for as far as masters go. How about Arn Anderson that would be nice. Hopefully the art work is a bit better.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
APAbradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I am in, as long as the Ultimate Warrior is. Well even if he is not I am still in. Hopefully they can get kevin sullivan (dungeon of Doom) that is who i would shoot for as far as masters go. How about Arn Anderson that would be nice. Hopefully the art work is a bit better.
Agreed. Ultimate Warrior is a must. Jesse Ventura would be nice too.
APAbradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
SavageScott

Despite the recent happenings, I would still be up for this product, provided the artwork gets better.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Triple B

If they get Mrs. Huffmeyer's grade three class to draw those hideous photos again, I won't touch this stuff AGAIN. The artwork is what killed this set. Kevin Nash looks like a sick tranny.
Triple B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
dd316

Unless something clears up the current debacle, I won't be buying any of this. I'm shocked at how many who have replied, full aware of what's going on, will still plan on giving them money.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
booyahlaw

Problems don't phase me in the slightest--it's a hobby, not an investment. This Leaf wrestling product has brought me a lot of enjoyment this year, and I assume that the next one will as well.

Let's be honest, what other company is going to undertake the efforts to bring forth this type of product to our niche of collecting?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
Problems don't phase me in the slightest--it's a hobby, not an investment. This Leaf wrestling product has brought me a lot of enjoyment this year, and I assume that the next one will as well.
Whether it's a hobby or investment, it's still my money I'm spending. I like to know it's going towards an honest, quality product. Hobbies aren't fun when things like this happen.

I enjoyed this set as well, but there's a major dark cloud over it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyahlaw View Post
Let's be honest, what other company is going to undertake the efforts to bring forth this type of product to our niche of collecting?
Seeing the success of the first series, I wouldn't be surprised to see other companies giving this a shot. I just don't want it to take advantage of collectors and its participants.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
sthoemke

I don't care to see a 2nd series from Leaf.

First I thought it was unethical that Leaf changed 6 cards per box to 5 cards per box.

And then they shorted all the key wrestlers (Hogan, Flair, etc.) with giving any explaination.

Then they blamed Scott Hall for stealing cards, when it was their own accountability at fault.

A card company's greatest asset should be their reputation, and I have lost trust in Leaf as a company.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
And then they shorted all the key wrestlers (Hogan, Flair, etc.) with giving any explaination.
I actually expected this from the get-go. In any release, the bigger names tend to sign less than everyone else.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
booyahlaw

I do hope the artwork is better in the next go-around, that's for sure.

I doubt you are going to find another company that will commit the time and resources to get these cards hard-signed by the wrestlers. Given all the flack Leaf has received for cards "going missing", I would be surprised that Leaf would want to fool with hard-signing again either. There's a lot less incentive for a wrestler to take a sheet of stickers than there is for the actual cards to be signed. Topps hasn't done large scale hard-signed autos for wrestling since the 2005 Heritage release, and given how little effort they put into the WWE product, I cannot imagine that they are going to start a set like this anytime soon.

I fail to see how this release has been a debacle, but I agree that everyone is entitled to spend their money as they see fit.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
SavageScott

Please let there be a Warlord autograph in this series!
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
ryangeorgelaw
Banned

If this set would decide to go the sticker route next time around, I won't be buying. I get absolutely nothing out of a signed sticker personally. Warlord and Barbarian cards would be awesome, my personal hope is for a Great Muta.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I actually expected this from the get-go. In any release, the bigger names tend to sign less than everyone else.
If that's the case, then Leaf should have stated the cards were short-printed.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
ryangeorgelaw
Banned

I personally don't see any problem with them short printing some cards and making the chase for them just that, a chase. The problem I have is when cards aren't short-printed, or maybe even are, but don't make it into the packs.

Last edited by ryangeorgelaw; 04-17-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #18
dd316

Quote:
If that's the case, then Leaf should have stated the cards were short-printed.
They did announce SPs after the set released. And that's why there are so many problems now, cards that aren't supposed to exist being sold by Leaf's "partners."
Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #19
pnft17

No surprise big more expensive names are always tougher pulls.

Look forward to next series. New artist, new names ect. Should be fun. Leaf is only one willing to go out and do this type of set. Knowing it won't be easy to get these cards ll on card, but they did it.

Sure they won't release any more numbers, but I hope they keep doing ink variations. Those are fun chase.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
Ty Hope

I'm in. Love the set last year.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #21
sthoemke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
They did announce SPs after the set released. And that's why there are so many problems now, cards that aren't supposed to exist being sold by Leaf's "partners."
I wasn't really referring to the ink color variations.

How do we know or not, if there are 200 more base or alt Scott Hall cards (or Hogan or Flair, etc) cards that didn't get distributed?
Old 04-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #22
addicted36
Banned

I missed it the first go around but not the second, can't wait to see some breaks open up for this. Count me in!!!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #23
ldsports

They need to number them all on the cards...otherwise no thank you
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
sjim8660
Banned

I would like to see some regular sized cards that have dual autos on them, like bret and the anvil (yes i know they are both in the 2012 release). Also nasty boys dual would be nice. So some duals woudl really push the set to the next level. No mem cards though, i hate products filled with relics. They are overated IMO.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #25
spookytwinkie

Quote:
I don't care to see a 2nd series from Leaf.

First I thought it was unethical that Leaf changed 6 cards per box to 5 cards per box.

Then they blamed Scott Hall for stealing cards, when it was their own accountability at fault.

A card company's greatest asset should be their reputation, and I have lost trust in Leaf as a company.
this wins.

not interested in anything leaf is putting out.
spookytwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote