Blowout Cards Forums
Basketball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > The National Sports Collectors Convention

Notices

The National Sports Collectors Convention This is a seasonal forum that will run from about April through August each year.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:36 PM   #1
johnmenard1
Banned

Default Tristar Autograph Pavilion

Do any of you have any plans yet for the currently released people going I was think of getting Julius Erving 1976 ABA dunk contest champion on the ball because 2 years ago at the national I got Dominque Wilkins sign 1985 dunk contest champion on it

Well as of now that's my plan knowing the current people going how about you guys

Here is the link of the people signing at the national
http://www.tristarproductions.com/sc....html#National
Old 04-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
jataman2612

The only guy that I'm interested is Kluber. I need Eddie Murray for my collection buy I can but his auto for a lot cheaper on ebay.

Also possibly interested in current Indians (Not crazy about current card designs though)

Last edited by jataman2612; 04-18-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:29 AM   #3
npbaker1

Send a message via AIM to npbaker1

I know I am going for Kluber, Joe Thomas, Bernie Kosar, Len Barker, Tom Berenger, and Corbin Bernsen so far. Maybe Archie Griffin as well but haven't decided for sure yet.

03/04/2011 The Day Fish Lost It
Old 04-18-2018, 07:26 AM   #4
rcearley

I am getting Albert Pujols
(ProspectRush) he is the hero blowout deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he is not a hero. He is a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #5
ehp6737

Barry Sanders!
Old 04-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #6
wallyworld13

What do you think a Pujols auto will cost at the show?
Old 04-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #7
jataman2612

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyworld13 View Post
What do you think a Pujols auto will cost at the show?
If it's like the fanatic shows, a ball is probably $250-300.

Also possibly interested in current Indians (Not crazy about current card designs though)
Old 04-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #8
johnmenard1
Banned

Nice hoping for some more basketball players to be announced maybe a wwe superstar what are you guys getting signed from these people
Old 04-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #9
DFWGrapher

I won't be going for any of the paid ticket signers, but I plan to get crazy on the VIP freebies. In 2014 I printed 11x14 photos on a lot of the, and they turned out great. Most added an inscription without me even having to ask them (Barker and Browning's perfect game dates, Al Baker's ROY season, Joe Delamiellure's HOF year, things like that).
Old 04-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #10
JLEICHTER35

Default VIP Signers vs Day Pass

So if you buy the VIP package that includes the 12 VIP signers, that price is included in the ticket, but then any others (Sanders, Pujols, Boggs, Rose etc.) would be an additional cost and probably very long wait in line?

Trying to convince my wife to take a 'vacation' to Cleveland for my 1st National
Old 04-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #11
johnmenard1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLEICHTER35 View Post
So if you buy the VIP package that includes the 12 VIP signers, that price is included in the ticket, but then any others (Sanders, Pujols, Boggs, Rose etc.) would be an additional cost and probably very long wait in line?

Trying to convince my wife to take a 'vacation' to Cleveland for my 1st National
Yeah will take a bit of time in line unless you get the special vip or order it quickly online when they go on sale and yeah will be an additional cost depending on the people you get autographs from
Old 04-18-2018, 03:00 PM   #12
johnmenard1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWGrapher View Post
I won't be going for any of the paid ticket signers, but I plan to get crazy on the VIP freebies. In 2014 I printed 11x14 photos on a lot of the, and they turned out great. Most added an inscription without me even having to ask them (Barker and Browning's perfect game dates, Al Baker's ROY season, Joe Delamiellure's HOF year, things like that).
Nice. I usually don't get all the vip autos but have been thinking of doing it this year. And what do you do with all the photos
Old 04-18-2018, 10:05 PM   #13
jataman2612

Quote:

Yeah it's an additional cost. Inscriptions are additional cost and so is authentication. They call up the all the Super VIP's first and then call people up by ticket number. It's usually doesn't take as long.

The VIP signers have longer lines because they're more affordable.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:50 AM   #14
Cliffroach

Going to depend on when signers are there and how much they charge. I want to start on a multi HOF signed item(to be determined) and it would be a good chance to pick a few at one time.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #15
DFWGrapher

Quote:

Basically.

VIP: 6 VIP signers named on the ticket and 6 "wildcard" tickets to be used on any VIP signer after everyone else has gone if there's time. Lots of long waits in line.

All-Access VIP: Same deal, but you move to the front of the line for your 6 named ones instead of the long waits. I did this in 2014 and wanted to shoot myself.

SuperVIP: Every signer (typically 18 of them). Still a long wait.

All-Access SuperVIP: Every signer, and front of the line access. Doing this for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmenard1 View Post
Nice. I usually don't get all the vip autos but have been thinking of doing it this year. And what do you do with all the photos
Haha, right now they're boxed up due to lack of display space. I picked up some extra tickets as well from people who didn't want theirs (and traded off the two I didn't need), so I ended up with eleven 11x14s, three 8x10s, eight cards, and a dual-signed ball when all was said and done.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:25 PM   #16
lambeauleap87

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbaker1 View Post
I know I am going for Kluber, Joe Thomas, Bernie Kosar, Len Barker, Tom Berenger, and Corbin Bernsen so far. Maybe Archie Griffin as well but haven't decided for sure yet.
Don't pay for Barker or Griffin, they do at least a dozen free signings throughout Ohio a year.