Blowout Cards Forums
2018 flush

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

Notices

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Old 01-13-2017, 11:29 AM   #1
the27guy

Default The OFFICIAL "how much is my card worth?" Basketball forum thread

Maybe I'm one of the few who doesn't mind seeing people ask this question, but I think it's okay. Is it a blatant attempt to market your card without breaking forum rules? Yeah, sometimes it probably is.

The problem comes, in my opinion, when there are people who really just use the boards for this purpose. We've seen plenty of new users make multiple new threads to draw attention to their cards. I think it would be nice to have a place to direct them to.

So here's the deal, what if we actually welcome that in this thread? Not that every card shown in here is for sale, but that this thread provides a safe place for people to ask, "how much is my card worth?"

Cards can be high end, low end, etc.....I would only ask that if there are clear comparisons in the recent ebay completed listings, that those not be asked about. In other words, check ebay first. But if your card is unique in any way that makes you unsure..... go ahead and post it here. If I see a card posted here and I have any knowledge that I can give that might be useful, I will! I invite you to do the same.

Good idea? Bad idea? Let me know what you think, and pls feel free to post your basketball cards that you wonder what they're value is.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Italy61587

I like this idea
Italy61587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #3
Rareairx23

Great idea as long as like you said, its not easily comparable on ebay. I do like the idea though, and hopefully it creates less clutter in the basketball question
Rareairx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #4
Djroma

I'll get it rolling ?

1/1 Dennis Schroder? 16/17 Gold Standard how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Djroma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
Branesergen

It's a great idea ... if people actually use it. Now if it could get stickied and all threads pushed here then it will be amazing!
Old 01-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
the27guy

Djroma, perfect.

I am not a Dennis Schroeder or gold standard guy. But I see what a few of his 1/1s sold for and a jeff Teague of the same card sold at $56. If I was selling, I'd do a BIN of $120 and see what offers I could get. But again, not a ton of confidence here.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #7
the27guy

Here's mine to keep it rollin.

Kobe Bryant 2006 topps turkey red suede /3

The best info I have on this is a Vince carter gold turkey red /5 for $48. The only suede I know of is a Marty Collins that I sold BIN probably 6-7 years ago that I remember off the top of my head sold for $33. Lol. So you could say that my comps are not exactly ideal.

let me know what you think
Old 01-13-2017, 11:59 AM   #8
jcardstore

1/1s and super rare items I am absolutely fine with value questions. It's annoying when someone asks for a value and they could have taken 2 minutes and done an eBay search to get their answer. Or when they insist that eBay isn't a good indicator of market value
Old 01-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #9
the27guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
1/1s and super rare items I am absolutely fine with value questions. It's annoying when someone asks for a value and they could have taken 2 minutes and done an eBay search to get their answer. Or when they insist that eBay isn't a good indicator of market value
I think I saw you post a link to ebay in another thread. We were thinking the same thing. We're well past the point where there's a whole lot of debate. When people start a thread asking how much their card is worth, they're looking for a pm shortly thereafter.

I happen to think maildays are different. But I can see an argument for combining those. The difference to me ther is that when I see some people post a mailday, kamino, GSlayton, abra, slamma.... you can bet I'm going to read that. With a value question, I just think there really isn't harm in putting them all together.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #10
kukocitb

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post
Here's mine to keep it rollin.

Kobe Bryant 2006 topps turkey red suede /3

The best info I have on this is a Vince carter gold turkey red /5 for $48. The only suede I know of is a Marty Collins that I sold BIN probably 6-7 years ago that I remember off the top of my head sold for $33. Lol. So you could say that my comps are not exactly ideal.

let me know what you think
That Kobe is a BEAST! I know years back there were a couple guys bidding these up REALLY high. My guess would be 150 to 200.
kukocitb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #11
sportzluvr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukocitb View Post
That Kobe is a BEAST! I know years back there were a couple guys bidding these up REALLY high. My guess would be 150 to 200.
I'd pay $150 for that. You never see those odd things like that from products we don't see anymore.

It's just going to keep climbing in value 20-50 bucks a years imo. Great one to just hold. Basement is where it's at now I'd say.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #12
maconithappen

I've always wondered what this 1998-99 UD Highway 99 bronze /100 is worth. I pulled it in a pack years ago for Christmas. It isn't available, PC. Thanks for the thread!

Old 01-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #13
flicks09

This is a great idea! I collect just for fun and not to speculate/sell on, and being in the UK where there aren't any local card shops to just chat about this kinda stuff, it would be nice to have a thread where I can throw up the odd card to ask opinions on without breaking any kind of etiquette or forum rules. So...thanks!
flicks09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #14
the27guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconithappen View Post
I've always wondered what this 1998-99 UD Highway 99 bronze /100 is worth. I pulled it in a pack years ago for Christmas. It isn't available, PC. Thanks for the thread!

I owned one of these years ago. If I remember right, I got about $30-$35 for it. I'd guess probably $50-$70 now. But again, I'm no expert.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:48 PM   #15
backtoreality

how about this schroder?

Old 01-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #16
SteveO21

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicks09 View Post
This is a great idea! I collect just for fun and not to speculate/sell on, and being in the UK where there aren't any local card shops to just chat about this kinda stuff, it would be nice to have a thread where I can throw up the odd card to ask opinions on without breaking any kind of etiquette or forum rules. So...thanks!
Completely agree.

I've always wondered what sort of value people would estimate this card to be at. I know what I paid for it, and I know I've only ever heard of 3 others existing but they're in PCs, so the value is a bit of a tricky thing.

1995-96 FINEST RACK PACK REFRACTORS TEST #RP3 DAMON STOUDAMIRE by SMosley21x, on Flickr
SteveO21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #17
the27guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtoreality View Post
how about this schroder?

I would have asked you. Haha.

There's nothing more difficult than the logoman auto rookie market. It's all about who really needs it. Are there multiple deep pocket Schroeder (possibly German) collectors? If so, that could be $4-5k! If not, probably still $1500 or more. But man, I don't really know.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #18
the27guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
Completely agree.

I've always wondered what sort of value people would estimate this card to be at. I know what I paid for it, and I know I've only ever heard of 3 others existing but they're in PCs, so the value is a bit of a tricky thing.

1995-96 FINEST RACK PACK REFRACTORS TEST #RP3 DAMON STOUDAMIRE by SMosley21x, on Flickr
Man, you guys are good at this! No idea. Just checked ebay though and there is actually one up right now for $150! Seems like a pretty good deal!!
Old 01-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #19
buckunteer

i love that this has accidentally turned into a "what's my super rare dennis schroeder worth?" thread haha.

SteveO, in regards to that test refractor... a lot. The rack pack, cornerstone, and lottery prize test refractors go for a ton because nobody is certain of the scarcity, though my understanding is that most believe 5ish copies, give or take, of each card made it to market. I would think $150-$200 is a reasonable estimate, but if two supercollectors were battling over it that could double easily. I'm basing this mainly on what I paid for my Mitch lottery prize test refractor ($250- double the 2nd most expensive Mitch in my collection to date). I'm guessing Mitch has a bit stronger following but your Damon has much better centering- lucky you haha
Old 01-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #20
SteveO21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckunteer View Post
i love that this has accidentally turned into a "what's my super rare dennis schroeder worth?" thread haha.

SteveO, in regards to that test refractor... a lot. The rack pack, cornerstone, and lottery prize test refractors go for a ton because nobody is certain of the scarcity, though my understanding is that most believe 5ish copies, give or take, of each card made it to market. I would think $150-$200 is a reasonable estimate, but if two supercollectors were battling over it that could double easily. I'm basing this mainly on what I paid for my Mitch lottery prize test refractor ($250- double the 2nd most expensive Mitch in my collection to date). I'm guessing Mitch has a bit stronger following but your Damon has much better centering- lucky you haha
Thanks for the input. I've debated buying the one that's on ebay a few times but haven't pulled the trigger. I really wish mine had the protective coating on it. The only Rack Pack Test Refractor from that year that I've seen with the coating is a Brent Barry that's on ebay, owned by the same seller of the Stoudamire.
SteveO21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #21
Ultimatewarrick

a patch /25 with a basic patch just sold for 350. not sure what to value this at if i were to try and move it
Old 01-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #22
eb12057

Perfect time for this thread:

My brother just got back into the hobby within the past year. He has been doing group breaks, and ordering a few boxes online here and there. He hasn't collected prior to this, since the 1990's. He collects basketball exclusively. Last week he got 2 boxes of 15/16 Panini Gold Standard that were lackluster, so he ordered 1 more. It came in today and he sent a picture of his hits to my phone.

He hit the 15/16 Panini Gold Standard Terry Rozier RPA LOGOMAN Auto 1 of 1. He was pumped because he is a die hard Celtics fan. Not sure what he's doing with it, but would love to have a ballpark idea, of what people think this could be worth.

Last edited by eb12057; 01-13-2017 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Added pictures from my phone
eb12057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #23
goehring9

Great idea for a thread, to put all these questions in one place- but I also like it because it brings out all the funky, cool cards to gaze at. Already some interesting stuff and as it grows, will be quite nice just to browse.
IG: lakersforumgold
goehring9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #24
the27guy

That rozier is sweet. There is at least one big roszier fan here. Can't remember who though. No idea on value though. Isaiah is having too good a season for him to get a lot of playing time. Lol.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #25
LeonfromNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27guy View Post
That rozier is sweet. There is at least one big roszier fan here. Can't remember who though. No idea on value though. Isaiah is having too good a season for him to get a lot of playing time. Lol.
Randyhobby is the Rozier guy.

I'm thinking $200-250 on the rozier? Maybe I'm off though.
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote