Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 04-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #26
jdandns

Thanks, guys, I had a lot of fun collecting these! I'll definitely be getting that Hong Kong Phooey. He is, after all, the number one super guy. I also have the three Hanna-Barbera Marvel Treasuries from this same era. Those are pretty cool.

I'm from 1971 myself, so the earliest comics I remember seeing on the news stands (and registering a price for) were 35-centers so that must've been around 1977.

First comic I remember reading were the original Marvel Star Wars issues, and I think every kid I knew had the treasury edition version of that. First Marvel hero comic I remember reading was Hulk Annual 7. It blew my mind when the tiny (by comparison) Hulk rips all the "guts" out of that Sentinel (or giant robot or whatever it was) at the end.

First comic I remember buying was a Harvey comics Richie Rich around 1978 or 1979. I think it was the Paul Smith run on X-men (166-174) that made me think, hmm, I might want to start collecting these things, but I actually got it going around X-Men 185 and have never really stopped.

I do remember when the Spidey newspaper strip was just starting, taking the daily strips and pasting them sequentially into a scrapbook for a month or two, so that was really my first comic, albeit a hand-made one, since I was really young then. The '67 Spider-Man cartoon was airing in reruns around that same time, so I'm sure that's where my love for Marvel heroes began. It probably peaked around Secret Wars in 1984, but I kept buying them for a long time after that.

These days, I largely follow certain creators rather than characters or companies.

Thanks again for the comments. I plan to post more images to this thread, so do check back in some time...
Put it out!
jdandns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:36 AM   #27
jdandns

Will update photos after the "Great Photobucket Screwjob".
Give me about a year or so, haha...
Put it out!

Last edited by jdandns; 04-14-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:03 PM   #28
jdandns

All pictures updated (and a few added), and with a couple of weeks to spare.
"Thanks", Photobucket...
Put it out!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:16 PM   #29
UD40

I really enjoyed looking at all of those and the verbiage/context that went along with the posts... And like others have mentioned... if you ever intend to sell we'd all love first shot at them before ebay.
UD40 is offline   Reply With Quote