Wave 12

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 12-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #101
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Thanks, Cyber. Interestingly enough, none of them ever had the status 'scheduled for grading'. The previous status was 'verified'. I just checked thinking maybe it was a mistake, and now one of my other subs from NYCC is in the "grading/quality control" status. I'm going to be watch these like a hawk the next couple of days!
Sometimes it goes by quick.. within a day I've seen it go from scheduled to graded..never seen it jump that quick from verified to quality control ..are you checking everyday? When I have submissions I literally refresh the status every few hours, every day for the month or so they are there lol..it's an obsession.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #102
marino13

Who's this badassery artist....?

Old 12-11-2016, 12:57 PM   #103
Spider-Fan

Thanks guys, for all the comments.

Indy - So I've heard... Kinda BS in my opinion. You are paying for something to be professionally graded, an explanation for the grade should be part of the service.

PJ - These were modern (not fast tracked) so the I was expecting minimum 3 months. Pleasant surprised. But I subbed one book as Standard (Campbell remark) which is the only one I was expecting back by Christmas. That is the one I've been checking on, and sadly that one hasn't changed status yet.

Cyber - Goes in waves. Sometimes I check three times a day, sometimes I check once every three days. Lately I've been checking a lot because that Campbell remark is overdue for a status change. Its status was listed as received in mid-Nov (went to CCS first), but I didn't get an invoice until Nov 28. So... Its overdue from when it appeared in my invoice list, but its still got a week to go if it was received 11/28. Its been sitting at "verified" for a while - like since before the other books that changed status yesterday. So, yeah, checking pretty frequently lately. Just a lot of anxiety about this one, or maybe its just where I'm focusing my anxiety!
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #104
natbornkiller

Old 12-12-2016, 09:54 AM   #105
Cyber Warrior

NSFW

Old 12-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #106
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
One last point, you don't always gets notes. They're not consistent in providing justification for their grading.
One invoice changed to shipped today. Two 9.6s, neither with notes. One of the books is the ASM#4 Conquest Exclusive Negative, which I think is the one I was hoping for a 9.6 (opposed to 9.4) because there was a tiny nick on the edge of the cover. The other, I will just have to be curious about, I guess.

The suspense on the La Mole Campbell remark is killing me!
Old 12-15-2016, 11:38 PM   #107
marino13

Damn!

MockingBird by N. Chang

Old 12-19-2016, 11:31 PM   #108
Cyber Warrior

My wife and daughter have been bugging me the past few months for another dog.. already have one and the other passed a few years back so Ive been contemplating if I should get another. I finally caved in and decided it was time, they really wanted a black and white puppy.. so for the past week I've been visiting various shops looking for something we would all like. We decided on getting another Chihuahua.

We had some names in mind, Harley, Starfire or Raven. Well, after walking into the store tonight and seeing the name tag on the cage said Batgirl What's the odds of trying to find a black and white Chihuahua and the store named her Batgirl?? ..I took that as a sign that this was the dog we would take home.. it was meant to be.

So , meet Harley aka Batgirl. I was happy my family were cool with naming the dog after a comic book character ..Being she was all white with a black mask, Harley felt like a good fit.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:51 AM   #109
Spider-Fan

How do I take a nice, well lit photograph of a slab without it actually being a nice photograph of me taking a photograph of the slab?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post

So , meet Harley aka Batgirl. I was happy my family were cool with naming the dog after a comic book character ..Being she was all white with a black mask, Harley felt like a good fit.

Meh... That other guy named his kid Harley Quinn. Your family only earns the silver metal on this one

Kidding, of course. Congrats on the new addition. Coming from a guy who named sibling cats Wanda and Pietro
Old 12-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #110
CMS1

If you guys are into statues you might want check barns and noble, they have some 50% right now. It might show full price or no price, but just use the instore finder on the page to see stores near you that have them and see the discounted price

Avengers Age of Ultron Hulkbuster Iron Man ARTFX+ Statue
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys...=0812771021777

Avengers Age of Ultron Hulk ARTFX+ Statue
Avengers Age of Ultron Hulk ARTFX+ Statue by Kotobukiya | 812771022279 | Item | Barnes & Noble®
CMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:07 PM   #111
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMS1 View Post
If you guys are into statues you might want check barns and noble, they have some 50% right now. It might show full price or no price, but just use the instore finder on the page to see stores near you that have them and see the discounted price
My local store had POP!s, action figures, and statues all on clearance a few weeks before Christmas. I just happened to stop in. I picked up a few Harley Quinn figures I didn't have, but all the good statues were already gone.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #112
pjray55

I know I am late to the game on this but I just binge watched Stranger Things (so many recommended shows that I am behind on) and it was freaking amazing! Someone has to turn this into a comic book - right?
pjray55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #113
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjray55 View Post
I know I am late to the game on this but I just binge watched Stranger Things (so many recommended shows that I am behind on) and it was freaking amazing! Someone has to turn this into a comic book - right?
If it makes you feel better, you're ahead of me on that one.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #114
pjray55

Quote:
If it makes you feel better, you're ahead of me on that one.
trust me, don't put it off any longer!
Old 12-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #115
Rip67vdub

Quote:
I just finished season 1 a couple weeks ago and yes, it's amazing. Not one dull episode IMO. It's one of many series outside of Marvel that my wife and I can enjoy together, lol.
2017-2018 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors
Rip67vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #116
Spider-Fan

Quote:
trust me, don't put it off any longer!
Discussed over dinner and we are about to start the first episode.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:43 PM   #117
pjray55

Quote:
Discussed over dinner and we are about to start the first episode.
I hope you enjoy it!
Old 12-30-2016, 11:53 PM   #118
Cyber Warrior

I still need to finish Luke Cage, took a break half way through the season. Stranger Things doesnt look like my kind of show but I keep hearing great things about it.. will have to give it a shot one of these days.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:20 AM   #119
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
I still need to finish Luke Cage, took a break half way through the season. Stranger Things doesnt look like my kind of show but I keep hearing great things about it.. will have to give it a shot one of these days.
It was solid fun. Felt the ending was a bit cheap, but overall very enjoyable.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:02 AM   #120
IndySportsCards

Collide is a great little action movie. Don't let the slow start fool you, once it kicks in, this film goes to 11. Great car chase scenes..
Old 12-31-2016, 07:57 PM   #121
rokstarr99

Saw these at a shop in Vegas today...both made out of recycled car parts from Indonesia. Normally 29k but 30% off today..

rokstarr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:04 PM   #122
Cyber Warrior

Rockin the Harley diamond print collar and Harley dog tag

Old 12-31-2016, 10:29 PM   #123
IndySportsCards

LOL.. Cute dog!
Old 01-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #124
Spider-Fan

Quote:
I hope you enjoy it!
Finished the last episode this morning. Really enjoyed it, and was very happy with the ending.

Happy New Year everybody!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:38 PM   #125
pjray55

Quote:
Finished the last episode this morning. Really enjoyed it, and was very happy with the ending.

Happy New Year everybody!
Glad you liked it! Be sure to check out the SNL sketch as well, it was pretty funny.

I am hoping that the 2nd season is as strong but a little worried that they may not be able to repeat it because so much of what worked was based on the unknown and not realizing where they were going with it.