eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 01-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #201
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalbc View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the Alex Ross variant for Iron Fist #1 coming out in March?
You are welcome.

https://www.thecomicmint.com/collect...00-and-hip-hop

Old 01-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #202
marino13

Interesting to say the least ....

Agent 1.22

Old 01-17-2017, 10:33 PM   #203
Spider-Fan

I'm just not sure I understand the utility of her navel being exposed. The rest is obvious, obviously.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #204
Cyber Warrior

Hmmm..

Batman Fans Will Freak Out When They See What Jared Leto Just Teased - CINEMABLEND
Old 01-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #205
Spider-Fan

When I was a kid, I didn't read or collect comics. I loved the cartoons and movies, collected the trading cards, and played the video games. Most of my knowledge came from those sources although when I was a little older I read summaries of all the major events online. It wasn't until 2012 that I purchased and read my first comic book. I finally had a little bit of extra money in my monthly budget, and I decided to buy a few boxes of early 90's Marvel Universe trading cards to rebuild some of the sets I had in my youth. Then I found out they were still making Marvel Comic trading cards, and I bought some of those. Well it was all downhill from there. I hit a Gwen Stacy sketch card by Mike Miller. My collecting escalated from basic trading cards to sketch cards, and would only get more art focused from there. A couple months later a convention called "Super Mega Fest" was at a hotel just a block away from my apartment at the time. There was a young woman selling sketch card commissions for $5 each, and that was when I commissioned my first piece of art - a black costume Spider-Woman, a character whose design I always loved. She was sharing a table with another young woman who was writing her own comic and publishing it through a small independent publisher. She convinced me to buy the first issue, and so I bought my first comic book. I took it home and read it that night, and bought the second, third, and forth issues the following day. It wasn't a super hero book. It was more of an action/suspense story, along the lines of James Bond or Jason Borne. It was called M3 and I really enjoyed it. I didn't even know there were comic books like that. I just assumed they were all the superhero type I remembered from my cartoons and trading cards and video games.

I don't read many modern comic books. I've never been a big reader, and I just don't make time for reading. For a while, I was picking up some superhero titles and reading them, but I fell off that wagon. I was reading Grimm Fairy Tales TPBs and a few current Marvel arcs. Maybe if I had chosen something different, or found this thread, I wouldn't have fallen off so quickly. I don't "read" many of the comics I buy. My comic book collection has 3 parts: runs of the characters I enjoyed the most growing up (TMNT, Carnage, Harley Quinn), cover art that I really enjoy (Campbell, Artgerm), and some investment books which are mostly silver and bronze age keys from the Spider-Man world. I do occasionally read comics, but they mostly old comics. I've been slowly making my way through ASM vol 1 on my tablet, on planes and trains and other situations that require something to pass the time. I'll probably move on to TMNT vol 1 next.

Anyway... I was sorting and clearing out some short boxes and I found my first ever comic book and so this was is what is on my mind. You can find more information on M3 at m3comic.com.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:06 PM   #206
rokstarr99

All JSC bias set aside...Renew Your Vows #1 Vol.1

Granov vs JSC cover
rokstarr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #207
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokstarr99 View Post
All JSC bias set aside...Renew Your Vows #1 Vol.1

Granov vs JSC cover

I take Artgerm's.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #208
rokstarr99

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
I take Artgerm's.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #209
Cyber Warrior

Good stuff Spider-Fan.. I always think back to the 4 or 5 books that I remember as a kid.

The start of my comic world began with whatever I could get my hands on of my brother's collection which consisted of early ASM, from there I started with Web Of Spider-Man being that was what was out at the time, starting with issue #1.. so this cover always has sentimental value for me..

Followed by one of the first books I purchased from a local seller who sold books out of his garage every weekend..

I'll always remember this book, purchased it at an airport newsstand on the way to see my grandmother.. I still have the drawing I did of the cover.. I think I was around 10 or 12yrs old..

The first book my father haggled for me at a local comic/card convention..

I can also remember collecting Batman movie cards from the first Batman and TMNT cards. Also have some Baseball and Basketball cards but those never really interested me too much..they were more of potential future investments my father would buy me at card conventions.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #210
rokstarr99

I was just about to put my WOS run up on EBay. Trying to downsize a bit. It's hard letting go though as I bought each and every one at the General Store by my house as a kid.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:06 PM   #211
Cyber Warrior

Quote:

]
Close call, they're all great but I'll give a slight edge more towards Campbell if I had to choose one.. and no Campbell fanboyism involved, I have enough Campbell books

Best face goes to Artgerm.

Wow, really tough decision the more I stare at the covers but I'll stick to what I already typed lol.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #212
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
I was just about to put my WOS run up on EBay. Trying to downsize a bit. It's hard letting go though as I bought each and every one at the General Store by my house as a kid.
That's tempting, would love to have my old childhood collection back ...I think they may be burried somewhere in the attic of my mother's house.

If anyone has a run of Spawn let me know, my brother in law is looking.. I told him to go with tradebacks but I think he's looking for each individual book.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:50 PM   #213
Spider-Fan

Quote:

For that volume, I also prefer JSC. For the current volume, I'm with Marino. My vote goes for Artgerm over either JSC cover.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #214
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Good stuff Spider-Fan.. I always think back to the 4 or 5 books that I remember as a kid.

The start of my comic world began with whatever I could get my hands on of my brother's collection which consisted of early ASM, from there I started with Web Of Spider-Man being that was what was out at the time, starting with issue #1.. so this cover always has sentimental value for me..

Followed by one of the first books I purchased from a local seller who sold books out of his garage every weekend..

I'll always remember this book, purchased it at an airport newsstand on the way to see my grandmother.. I still have the drawing I did of the cover.. I think I was around 10 or 12yrs old..

The first book my father haggled for me at a local comic/card convention..

I can also remember collecting Batman movie cards from the first Batman and TMNT cards. Also have some Baseball and Basketball cards but those never really interested me too much..they were more of potential future investments my father would buy me at card conventions.
Love that WOS#1 cover.

Growing up, one of my best buds was infatuated with x-men. Was buying every book at a time they were putting out a lot of books. I enjoyed the x-men, but spidey's stories always spoke to me more. As an adult, one of my best friends was a total comic book junkie as a kid. It just strikes me as a little ironic that neither passed the bug onto me.

When I started collecting cards again, one of the first "investment" books I bought was an ASM360 9.4. My cards said that was the first appearance of Carnage. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish I had picked up a few ASM361 9.8s back then.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #215
DigsUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
For that volume, I also prefer JSC. For the current volume, I'm with Marino. My vote goes for Artgerm over either JSC cover.
Yea, that Campbell is a stellar cover, all bias aside. Love the Artgerm as well.
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #216
Mysterio

Quote:

It's MJ in a WEDDING dress for pete's sake! Blech. Are you all daft?! Or are you all wedding planners?!?! I passed on all of these. BLECH I SAY!
Old 01-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #217
rokstarr99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
It's MJ in a WEDDING dress for pete's sake! Blech. Are you all daft?! Or are you all wedding planners?!?! I passed on all of these. BLECH I SAY!
Lol...
Old 01-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #218
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Because, after all, you already have this one.

Old 01-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #219
Mysterio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Because, after all, you already have this one.

Nah, I have the one as Peter dressed as SPIDEY. And Romita didn't make that cover all froufrou. The other ones have no Spider-Man and are all frilly!
Old 01-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #220
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Nah, I have the one as Peter dressed as SPIDEY. And Romita didn't make that cover all froufrou. The other ones have no Spider-Man and are all frilly!
I also have the Spidey version. Need to pick up puny Parker for the PC one of these days.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #221
Cyber Warrior

Still loving Gotham ..gets better and better.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:20 AM   #222
Mysterio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Still loving Gotham ..gets better and better.

Last night's episode was so good. I'm glad they've been downplaying Bruce's role as I don't feel it quite fits in the context of the show. Gordon is best when he's a strong cop, not a bounty hunter, not running from the law, not flaking out. A+ episode!
Old 01-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #223
digitalbc

New Harley statue coming from Mondo

2 Versions ($250/$260)

ARTISTS: Ramirez Studios, Mara Ancheta, Andrea Coleman, Jason Wires, Matt Taylor
LICENSE: Batman: The Animated Series
MATERIAL: Polystone
SIZE: Approx. 9.25"H, 11" w, 10.5"w

https://mondotees.com/products/waiti...y-quinn-statue

https://mondotees.com/products/waiti...ondo-exclusive
digitalbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:12 PM   #224
Spider-Fan

That does not say "Batman: The Animated Series" to me, but it is a beautiful statue. And the size is perfect.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:42 PM   #225
Spider-Fan

Shi Guys amazing scans of his slabs got me wanting a new and magical scanner like whatever he has access to at work. In lieu of that, I started playing around with my scanner and image software. I'm far from an expert in this area. Let me know if which of these adjustments you guys think is the best, at least so far, for posting some scans of my graded comic collection and for listing extra stuff for sale.

NOTE: this book is not for sale

A) Original / No adjustments
B) Just adjusting brightness and contrast in scanning software
C) Adjustments using image software sharpening filter (50%)
D) Adjustments using image software sharpening filter (75%)
E) After playing with the "unsharp" filter