Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Mad

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 04-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
Jordan101

Default eBay:miffybunny- $ for contact info?

I am trying to directly reach the Ontario eBay buyer/seller miffybunny directly. They buy & sell comics & cards. If anyone has their email or phone number, please PM me & if I can make a deal with them, I'll PayPal you $25. Please don't post if you don't know them, thanks.

Last edited by Jordan101; 04-11-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Jordan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
shrevecity

Why not just contact them on Ebay? There are ways to do it and get around the bots.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #3
Jordan101

Default Wish I could

Due to ignorant people in the past who can't take obvious hints & posted their phone numbers & another reason, I'm watched by more than bots so it isn't possible for me. Plus, we've already talked, but I want to talk directly, hopefully so we can get a bit closer on something without eBay fees.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #4
Stat Monsters

Can't you just buy something cheap from them and therefore you get their contact info to send a letter, email or write a message?
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:48 AM   #5
Jordan101

I wish, but $79 is more than I want to pay for a card I don't want to get his email & that's their cheapest. That's why I posted here. I put a cheap & truly crappy card up the last time this came up hoping for that guy to understand & I hinted at it over & over & they never got it. It was still up & I was about to try it with this guy when it sold. I have no idea why they wanted it. I thought asking here would be easy, was probably wrong.

No one ever gets hints. I always sign my name & city at the end in such a way that a browser search of that exact phrase brings up my number but NO ONE ever gets it. Once, I wrote, do some research...then my name & city but nothing. Once, I wrote the person from another user ID with a number & from my normal ID said, did you get my message I just sent & they didn't even understand & said they wished we could speak directly! That person's stupidity cost me 10K as they offered an amazing trade but couldn't give me any exchange info. I used to hide my number in the listings but no one ever even noticed it & kept asking for my # I couldn't give in a message, ridiculous.

I've given no hints to this guy. He made an offer. I counter-offered. I think we could meet if no fees but can't discuss it. It might accomplish nothing, just thought I'd try posting in comics & cards but here I discuss why & there it's just a bunch of sarcastic jokes in response.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #6
Spider-Fan

This is probably not helpful, but as a seller I won't go outside of ebay if it's a buyer I have zero history with. It may not be that they can't take a hint...

Also reco posting in ebay subsection. Will get a lot more eyes looking at your post there than in the relatively small comic subsection.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #7
Jordan101

I understand your position, but in all the cases I mentioned, I am the seller & I have 100% positive feedback since eBay opened & list a lot of other assurances & references & always do everything where they are fully protected, such as if we meet on high dollar items it's at a guarded bank & if they PayPal me anything for a deposit, it has a double their money back guarantee spelled out + pics & specifics etc.. In these cases, it's not because of me, just eBay's rules & people slow to get hints. I lost a legitimate 25-30K trade deal (10K in my favor) because I couldn't get their info. Someone should come up with an eBay code language to get around this or to point to blowout so people can trade or deal directly. I never try this at all unless the margins are close & fees alone prevent us from meeting on price. I just hate losing sales over it.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:54 AM   #8
shrevecity

What you are saying you are wanting to cheat Ebay out of their earned fees? Sounds like Ebay watching you is well deserved.

Maybe he does not want to be contacted for sales outside of Ebay? Honestly if a buyer gave another person my contact info I would be PISSED.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #9
Jordan101

I knew when I started to post that I'd get into a useless discussion with people who ignored my saying if you didn't know the guy please don't post, but to answer you.

So, a guy has two great items for sale ON EBAY 32K make offer. I have one obscure item for sale ON EBAY 35K make offer. He offers to trade me his two for my one. I'm getting no action on mine & his are much better to me because they have sales history I know but he is holding out for too much on them & letting good offers go ON EBAY & I plan to get his & relist them ON EBAY. I agree & eBay will lose nothing, but refuse to allow me to essentially switch items with this person. They don't care I have over 100K of items listed at the time & have been with eBay since they began. They killed my trade deal & now one of those cards is worth double what it was.

As for the other couple of times I've tried to avoid eBay fees, once I had a free eBay listing anyway, absolutely zero final value fees on a promotion so eBay would've lost nothing but the guy didn't want to go through eBay! They have the money, who am I to argue? On this last deal, they would lose $250 but they cheated me out of $500 on the first eBay promotion they ever offered me. It's a long story but I will explain, though it will only lead to more useless discussion. eBay sends me an email offering 10 items NO FINAL VALUE FEES up to $5000 value & I activate it. The email does not come to my server but is shown in the app. I start to list one $3000 item & one $2000 I know will sell. Right before I do my wife says it's too good to be true so I call eBay to confirm. I saw it on the screen but to suffice her I asked. The guy says they never offer that type of promotion & I say it's right in my inbox & when I go to look, the email has been deleted from eBay messages & he says, I don't see it & we never offer that. So, I didn't list them. Last day of the promotion, my neighbor who is broke asks me to sell something for him & I list it. It sells quickly & when my eBay bill comes, IT SAYS 0% FEE UNDER EBAY PROMOTION, THE SAME PROMOTION THE GUY TOLD ME WASN'T THERE & DELETED THE EMAIL OF! So, until I have my $500 back, eBay can shove it. These are not the only things they've cost me through incompetence but it's two good examples.

If you don't like it, I'm sorry. I have an idea though, if no one knows him & you aren't actually trying to help like some have, maybe you could all go back to your lives & leave me & this thread alone. I know you can't though, can you? It's like a bunch of old women offering their opinions on a business deal to someone who just needs to find the address. Don't you have anything better to do? I'm trying to make money here. What is your goal?

I don' t know anyone who would be pissed for someone trying to reach them so they could offer them $250 less in a deal on an item they've offered thousands of dollars for. They contacted me. I'm just trying to make it work. They won't go up & that's the only way I can come down without losing money. I won't explain anymore to anyone so it's a waste of time to engage me. Have fun & discuss this topic until your hearts are content & pockets empty. I won't respond to anyone else who doesn't PM me & anything without contact info will be ignored & deleted. I have money to make.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #10
shrevecity

Maybe not post in a public forum if you don't want people to comment?

From what you are telling us with the size of the deals you are making. Anyone with a brain would see that dropping 80.00 to make the deal happen would be worth it.

Never trust what an Ebay rep tells you. They do offer similar promotions. If you look on your Selling page it will show you all promotions you are eligible for and signed up for.

So if I called you up suddenly and told you one of your Ebay buyers gave me the number you would not be pissed? I call BS.

Last edited by shrevecity; 04-11-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #11
glen87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan101 View Post
I am trying to directly reach the Ontario eBay buyer/seller miffybunny directly. They buy & sell comics & cards. If anyone has their email or phone number, please PM me & if I can make a deal with them, I'll PayPal you $25. Please don't post if you don't know them, thanks.
Quote:
Due to ignorant people in the past who can't take obvious hints & posted their phone numbers & another reason, I'm watched by more than bots so it isn't possible for me. Plus, we've already talked, but I want to talk directly, hopefully so we can get a bit closer on something without eBay fees.
Quote:
I wish, but $79 is more than I want to pay for a card I don't want to get his email & that's their cheapest. That's why I posted here. I put a cheap & truly crappy card up the last time this came up hoping for that guy to understand & I hinted at it over & over & they never got it. It was still up & I was about to try it with this guy when it sold. I have no idea why they wanted it. I thought asking here would be easy, was probably wrong.

No one ever gets hints. I always sign my name & city at the end in such a way that a browser search of that exact phrase brings up my number but NO ONE ever gets it. Once, I wrote, do some research...then my name & city but nothing. Once, I wrote the person from another user ID with a number & from my normal ID said, did you get my message I just sent & they didn't even understand & said they wished we could speak directly! That person's stupidity cost me 10K as they offered an amazing trade but couldn't give me any exchange info. I used to hide my number in the listings but no one ever even noticed it & kept asking for my # I couldn't give in a message, ridiculous.

I've given no hints to this guy. He made an offer. I counter-offered. I think we could meet if no fees but can't discuss it. It might accomplish nothing, just thought I'd try posting in comics & cards but here I discuss why & there it's just a bunch of sarcastic jokes in response.
Quote:
I understand your position, but in all the cases I mentioned, I am the seller & I have 100% positive feedback since eBay opened & list a lot of other assurances & references & always do everything where they are fully protected, such as if we meet on high dollar items it's at a guarded bank & if they PayPal me anything for a deposit, it has a double their money back guarantee spelled out + pics & specifics etc.. In these cases, it's not because of me, just eBay's rules & people slow to get hints. I lost a legitimate 25-30K trade deal (10K in my favor) because I couldn't get their info. Someone should come up with an eBay code language to get around this or to point to blowout so people can trade or deal directly. I never try this at all unless the margins are close & fees alone prevent us from meeting on price. I just hate losing sales over it.
Quote:
I knew when I started to post that I'd get into a useless discussion with people who ignored my saying if you didn't know the guy please don't post, but to answer you.

So, a guy has two great items for sale ON EBAY 32K make offer. I have one obscure item for sale ON EBAY 35K make offer. He offers to trade me his two for my one. I'm getting no action on mine & his are much better to me because they have sales history I know but he is holding out for too much on them & letting good offers go ON EBAY & I plan to get his & relist them ON EBAY. I agree & eBay will lose nothing, but refuse to allow me to essentially switch items with this person. They don't care I have over 100K of items listed at the time & have been with eBay since they began. They killed my trade deal & now one of those cards is worth double what it was.

As for the other couple of times I've tried to avoid eBay fees, once I had a free eBay listing anyway, absolutely zero final value fees on a promotion so eBay would've lost nothing but the guy didn't want to go through eBay! They have the money, who am I to argue? On this last deal, they would lose $250 but they cheated me out of $500 on the first eBay promotion they ever offered me. It's a long story but I will explain, though it will only lead to more useless discussion. eBay sends me an email offering 10 items NO FINAL VALUE FEES up to $5000 value & I activate it. The email does not come to my server but is shown in the app. I start to list one $3000 item & one $2000 I know will sell. Right before I do my wife says it's too good to be true so I call eBay to confirm. I saw it on the screen but to suffice her I asked. The guy says they never offer that type of promotion & I say it's right in my inbox & when I go to look, the email has been deleted from eBay messages & he says, I don't see it & we never offer that. So, I didn't list them. Last day of the promotion, my neighbor who is broke asks me to sell something for him & I list it. It sells quickly & when my eBay bill comes, IT SAYS 0% FEE UNDER EBAY PROMOTION, THE SAME PROMOTION THE GUY TOLD ME WASN'T THERE & DELETED THE EMAIL OF! So, until I have my $500 back, eBay can shove it. These are not the only things they've cost me through incompetence but it's two good examples.

If you don't like it, I'm sorry. I have an idea though, if no one knows him & you aren't actually trying to help like some have, maybe you could all go back to your lives & leave me & this thread alone. I know you can't though, can you? It's like a bunch of old women offering their opinions on a business deal to someone who just needs to find the address. Don't you have anything better to do? I'm trying to make money here. What is your goal?

I don' t know anyone who would be pissed for someone trying to reach them so they could offer them $250 less in a deal on an item they've offered thousands of dollars for. They contacted me. I'm just trying to make it work. They won't go up & that's the only way I can come down without losing money. I won't explain anymore to anyone so it's a waste of time to engage me. Have fun & discuss this topic until your hearts are content & pockets empty. I won't respond to anyone else who doesn't PM me & anything without contact info will be ignored & deleted. I have money to make.
maybe, just maybe

ebay is not the place for you
Old 04-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #12
glen87

in post #1 - you said

"...If anyone has their email or phone number..."

yet in post #5 - you said

...$79 is more than I want to pay for a card I don't want to get his email...
Old 04-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #13
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
in post #1 - you said

"...If anyone has their email or phone number..."

yet in post #5 - you said

...$79 is more than I want to pay for a card I don't want to get his email...
If its a deal for a couple of thousand I would be more than happy to drop that 80.00 to be able to pull his contact info including phone number from Ebay.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #14
glen87

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1160881
Old 04-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #15
Cavaliercards

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen87 View Post
Sounds like Blowout Trading might be more the OP's Style

Follow us on Twitter AND Instagram: @Cavaliercards
Cavaliercards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #16
Jordan101

It looks like I got his info, will see if he responds & what happens, thanks much to one guy who will get paid for his time. THE END, for me at least.

Last edited by Jordan101; 04-11-2018 at 02:54 PM. Reason: fixed