Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 12-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #51
speez22

I'm a simple man. Hit me up with a 3-pack of signed prints for under $100 and I'm (a) happy, and (b) not upsetting the wife by spending too much. Win-win, baby!

J. Scott Campbell Marvel Comic Con 2015 Set A: 3 Prints 11x17 – J. Scott Campbell Store
Old 12-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #52
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Oh I already know..just not comfortable doing things shady even though CGC should make exceptions for cases like this.

Shady and CGC? Whatchutalkingabout CW?
Old 12-10-2015, 01:46 PM   #53
IndySportsCards

J. Scott inspires me to learn to draw better.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #54
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by speez22 View Post
I'm a simple man. Hit me up with a 3-pack of signed prints for under $100 and I'm (a) happy, and (b) not upsetting the wife by spending too much. Win-win, baby!

J. Scott Campbell Marvel Comic Con 2015 Set A: 3 Prints 11x17 – J. Scott Campbell Store

How about this for exclusive?

I know five persons did this and there not too many floating around.

I even gave one to Nei and gave one back to JSC (I should have asked for a refund for that piece since I paid for it).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	campbell_nycc_nei copy.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	311238  
Old 12-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #55
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post

He inspires me to work harder and get more of the stuff I enjoy!

As for drawing --- I quit after the first day of class "Drawing Sticks for Dummy 101"
Old 12-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #56
marino13

Quote:
Oh I already know..just not comfortable doing things shady even though CGC should make exceptions for cases like this.

They will make exception when it benefits them ... do not quote me on this.

But then again, they have seen and known to make exceptions anyway.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:57 PM   #57
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
They will make exception when it benefits them ... do not quote me on this.

But then again, they have seen and known to make exceptions anyway.
Sorry, should have said sneaky not shady..wasnt implying anything towards you.

I witnessed first hand at NYCC 15 that its very easy to slip books in that were not witnessed first hand.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #58
marino13

Quote:
Sorry, should have said sneaky not shady..wasnt implying anything towards you.

I witnessed first hand at NYCC 15 that its very easy to slip books in that were not witnessed first hand.

You missed the "Diff'rent Strokes" reference.

And those paid eyewitness --- Wow, I didn't know that occupation actual exist until I saw them at the con.

PS. What I said --- got nothing to do what you mentioned, by the way. And it is not sneaky or shady either!

PPS. I don't think you will be able to sneak in a "remarked" cover with the others.

Last edited by marino13; 12-10-2015 at 02:21 PM.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #59
Spector

Now selling several signed and remarked comics from $450 to $650 depending on the pose.

This one is $500.00

J. Scott Campbell Remarques: Spider-Gwen #1 – J. Scott Campbell Store

Last edited by Spector; 12-10-2015 at 02:49 PM. Reason: DIdn't go back far enough to see it was already commented on
Spector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:35 PM   #60
DigsUT

Quote:
3. Making "difficult and expensive" things readily available --- only hurt the producers themselves. It is not going to hurt the buyers or re-sellers. As for "previously purchased" re-sellers -- they will have to adjust their asking price accordingly if they want to move their items.
Stan Lee proves this statement wrong That man signs a ton, yet can still charge more for his sig. On top of that, stuff with is sig still sells well in the secondary market.

Now, I realize we are talking about a legend vs. a superstar. However, the premise still holds true in both cases. He could put out 1000 remarked covers and I seriously doubt the value would dip. As long as there is a high demand for his OA, the value will be stable.
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:48 PM   #61
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
Stan Lee proves this statement wrong That man signs a ton, yet can still charge more for his sig. On top of that, stuff with is sig still sells well in the secondary market.

Now, I realize we are talking about a legend vs. a superstar. However, the premise still holds true in both cases. He could put out 1000 remarked covers and I seriously doubt the value would dip. As long as there is a high demand for his OA, the value will be stable.

I can't speak on Stan Lee's stuff -- since I am not touching anything he signed with a "ten foot pole and a riot gear".

On the other hand, I purchased many of JSC related items in the past - mostly OA, prelims and remarked (just this year). When I saw the post, I quickly checked my balance and about to jump and purchased whatever my balance allows (which was about 10 of them).

But as soon as I see how readily they are available -- I stopped and began to talk to myself. None of this make sense - what JSC is doing that is. Why would he floods the market? And why would I want to be in the middle of that flooded market?

I text a couple friends -- who also hoard JSC stuff -- and they almost did the same thing I did (buy whatever the balance allows). As soon as I told them, "he got a lot of them for sale" --- they all said the same thing "What?" "How is that possible?"

Next thing you know --- None of us die-hard, who can afford to hoard 10 of his remarked covers, bought NOTHING. Nada. Yiltch.

I guess -- common sense did win out -- why the hell would you want to be in the middle of the flood!

(And this goes out to all the buyers of Stan Lee's signature ---- if you continue to buy it and hoping for a profit, the sellers and Stan Lee's agent will be glad to help you with that quest.)
Old 12-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #62
DigsUT

Quote:
I can't speak on Stan Lee's stuff -- since I am not touching anything he signed with a "ten foot pole and a riot gear".

On the other hand, I purchased many of JSC related items in the past - mostly OA, prelims and remarked (just this year). When I saw the post, I quickly checked my balance and about to jump and purchased whatever my balance allows (which was about 10 of them).

But as soon as I see how readily they are available -- I stopped and began to talk to myself. None of this make sense - what JSC is doing that is. Why would he floods the market? And why would I want to be in the middle of that flooded market?

I text a couple friends -- who also hoard JSC stuff -- and they almost did the same thing I did (buy whatever the balance allows). As soon as I told them, "he got a lot of them for sale" --- they all said the same thing "What?" "How is that possible?"

Next thing you know --- None of us die-hard, who can afford to hoard 10 of his remarked covers, bought NOTHING. Nada. Yiltch.

I guess -- common sense did win out -- why the hell would you want to be in the middle of the flood!

(And this goes out to all the buyers of Stan Lee's signature ---- if you continue to buy it and hoping for a profit, the sellers and Stan Lee's agent will be glad to help you with that quest.)
My guess is that he wants to get his OA into as many hands as can afford them. As someone who can not drop possible thousands on his OA, I applaud this move. Even at $500, that is on the very high side of my threshold. I don't think he is doing this for the bottomless wallet collectors, but more for people like me, who just wants to have a piece of OA, without missing a mortgage payment.
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
Old 12-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #63
IndySportsCards

For anyone wanting a JSC signed book and not wanting to break the bank, I do have a few up for auction this month that you might be able to get at a decent price.

Just click the book to be taken to the detail page.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:05 PM   #64
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
My guess is that he wants to get his OA into as many hands as can afford them. As someone who can not drop possible thousands on his OA, I applaud this move. Even at $500, that is on the very high side of my threshold. I don't think he is doing this for the bottomless wallet collectors, but more for people like me, who just wants to have a piece of OA, without missing a mortgage payment.

The only logical explanation ---- he is doing this for short term gain somehow. There is no long term gain from this for anyone --- JSC, resellers, collectors.

Let's say my buddy buy them for $500 each and he bought 10 of them. Suddenly, something happened and he needs fund ... next thing you know, he posts them up for sale at $400 each. You think, collectors still buy from JSC directly? They will wait it out an opportunity like that.

What about deep pocket people just want to piss off JSC --- buy all of them and put them at $100 less, then what? Do you think people will buy them directly from the artist?

As for get his stuff into everyone hands ---- I am hoping that Lamborghini would approach this the same way --- I would not mind paying $10K for one.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:07 PM   #65
buckycap
Banned

I don't think he is "flooding the market" with these. What he is doing is giving his fans a less expensive way to get a sketch from him. There are not going to be thousands of these things flooding the market. And the fact that he no longer sketches or takes commissions at cons these are the only way for new fans to get sketches.
These are not for the guys that can drop 10K at the drop of a hat like marino13 and his buddies seem to be able to do. Those guys should be buying his covers and leaving things like these for the rest of us
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #66
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycap View Post
I don't think he is "flooding the market" with these. What he is doing is giving his fans a less expensive way to get a sketch from him. There are not going to be thousands of these things flooding the market. And the fact that he no longer sketches or takes commissions at cons these are the only way for new fans to get sketches.
These are not for the guys that can drop 10K at the drop of a hat like marino13 and his buddies seem to be able to do. Those guys should be buying his covers and leaving things like these for the rest of us

Wait! You know one of us? You seen us doing that?

hahahahaha

(it's true -- we do picked up his covers as soon as he made them available. Unlike my friends, I reason with the asking price before I purchased. As for my friends, "You take Paypal? or just Credit Card" ...)

PS. JSC asking price is the same asking price for the "comic con raffle" -- which, not too many willing to jump at the chance to purchase. I bought up four copies from the people who "won the raffle but didn't want to pay the asking price" for it.

Last edited by marino13; 12-10-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #67
buckycap
Banned

Well you just said you had a couple of buddies that were going to buy multiples of these but changed thier minds after texting with you right. I'm just going by what you post.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:20 PM   #68
marino13

Quote:
Well you just said you had a couple of buddies that were going to buy multiples of these but changed thier minds after texting with you right. I'm just going by what you post.

It is just a bad idea in my opinion ... if he had just limit the quantity down to 1 or 2, I would have purchased my 10 and be happy.

I would rather be pissed off when he increased the amount AFTER he sold the first batch.

10 available for each --- that is just too much!

Either way, I am not paying for them. My buddies are not going to join the party either. If you guys can drop $500 on each book --- here is your chance to obtain JSC's One of One!
Old 12-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #69
buckycap
Banned

Did you actually try to check out with a quantity of 10 each?
Just curious on if an order that big would have even went through?

Anyways, if you can afford his covers just stick to that Not even sure why you would even want to "hoard" remarques if you can afford covers.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #70
Rip67vdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Yea. He inspires me to draw better "coke" noses
2017-2018 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors
Rip67vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #71
marino13

Quote:
Did you actually try to check out with a quantity of 10 each?
Just curious on if an order that big would have even went through?

Anyways, if you can afford his covers just stick to that Not even sure why you would even want to "hoard" remarques if you can afford covers.
Yes, I did. You can add up to 10 at the beginning. Now, some had 3-4 left while others with 5 or more. And the "cheaper" version at $500 is sold out.

If I had ordered, it would have gone through --- and JSC would be happy to take that $5k order without remorse.

It is extremely difficult just to focus on the cover only --- why? The fund will be locked up just for that one purpose. So, I cant do anything else. And even if I have the fund set aside, that does NOT guarantee I would get the cover I wanted.

With that said, hoarding remarked helps when I missed out on the potential cover!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:05 PM   #72
DigsUT

I might have to sell some stuff to get one of these remarked books......hmmmm..what could I part with
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #73
DigsUT

$500 MJ Cover is already sold out....
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:17 PM   #74
buckycap
Banned

I guess we wait and see if he restocks the sold out ones. I bet he doesn't.
And if he did do 10 of each cover/option that really isn't alot. No way near a "flooding" of the market.
The $500 MJ was the one that I wanted so sad to see it was the first sold out one. Hopefully one of marino13's buddies got some and will need cash some day and sell them at $400 j/k
Old 12-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #75
marino13

Quote:
I guess we wait and see if he restocks the sold out ones. I bet he doesn't.
And if he did do 10 of each cover/option that really isn't alot. No way near a "flooding" of the market.
The $500 MJ was the one that I wanted so sad to see it was the first sold out one. Hopefully one of marino13's buddies got some and will need cash some day and sell them at $400 j/k

He did 12 total for SDCC '15 and 16 for NYCC '15 ---- so, he did FLOOD the market with "10 of each" version

I know I didnt bought any of that ... and so did my buddies.

The one that I got my eyes on and almost splurged on the 10 copies purchase -- MJ loves Peter (this is about to be sold out - and no, I am going to buy one.)

Batman's B&W

Spiderman's MJ and Spidey ... as for the rest, not really.

Last edited by marino13; 12-10-2015 at 05:54 PM.