Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 12-16-2015, 12:19 AM   #126
Cyber Warrior

Campbell's like..

Old 12-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #127
Cyber Warrior

And JSC has restocked his remarked covers.. you can now order the MJ covers again.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #128
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
And JSC has restocked his remarked covers.. you can now order the MJ covers again.

I stand corrected ---- he is flooding the REMARQUES' market!

And I am glad I didn't jump into this madness!

I might dip into one of those 9.9s --- just for the fun of it. But then again, I am NOT taking his words on "Only Five B&W variants graded by CGC!"
Old 12-16-2015, 03:37 PM   #129
Mysterio

I did get my Ms Marvel JSC cover today! w00t!
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:24 PM   #130
DigsUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
I did get my Ms Marvel JSC cover today! w00t!
I did as well. Also got my GIJoe/Danger Girl Baroness Variant!
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #131
Cujobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
I stand corrected ---- he is flooding the REMARQUES' market!

And I am glad I didn't jump into this madness!

I might dip into one of those 9.9s --- just for the fun of it. But then again, I am NOT taking his words on "Only Five B&W variants graded by CGC!"
Of course he is! I'm not surprised by this, and I'm sure you probably are not either. He can print $$ with these things.

As much as I like them, I'd rather go for rarer comics as these will continue to get flooded on ebay. BUT I am happy he is offering these for fans tho.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #132
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Of course he is! I'm not surprised by this, and I'm sure you probably are not either. He can print $$ with these things.

As much as I like them, I'd rather go for rarer comics as these will continue to get flooded on ebay. BUT I am happy he is offering these for fans tho.

Thanks to his "flooding the market" marketing scheme --- it is easier for me and my decision on not to support his future endeavor. And his stuff will be filed under IDGAF's file.

I was a very big supporter of his --- I put aside 10% of my income annually --- so I can have my fun at NYCC. Now that fund will be divided among Lee, Cho, Hughes, Artgerm and maybe Joe MAD or maybe even Charlie Adlard or John Cassaday!

This just show me that it is all about the money and nothing else. And with the flooding of the money --- you will lie directly at your supporters and if your supporters are stupid enough, they will continue to follow!

I have spoken to other JSC fans I know -- the broke a$$ likes the concept but they are so broke -- all they can do is stand there and point with the ohhhs and ahhhhs.

For those who works hard to get what they want --- they ain't going to continue to support the madness either.

As for those with disposable income --- they aint going to spend on something that is readily available at a snap of the fingers.

With that said --- I am selling my JSC collections. PM me an offer I can't refuse and you can have them!

Moving forward --- you aint going to see me posting any more support about JSC!
Old 12-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #133
CxG Voodoo Doll
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
I recently picked up the Archie 1 Campbell for less than cover for PC. Archie 1 had a print run of roughly 100K but a gazillion variants. I'd say 30-40K are probably regular covers and the rest split up among the 30+ variants. That should make the Campbell relatively rare

Justin Bieber or Archie...hmmmm
CxG Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:28 PM   #134
DigsUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post
Thanks to his "flooding the market" marketing scheme --- it is easier for me and my decision on not to support his future endeavor. And his stuff will be filed under IDGAF's file.

I was a very big supporter of his --- I put aside 10% of my income annually --- so I can have my fun at NYCC. Now that fund will be divided among Lee, Cho, Hughes, Artgerm and maybe Joe MAD or maybe even Charlie Adlard or John Cassaday!

This just show me that it is all about the money and nothing else. And with the flooding of the money --- you will lie directly at your supporters and if your supporters are stupid enough, they will continue to follow!

I have spoken to other JSC fans I know -- the broke a$$ likes the concept but they are so broke -- all they can do is stand there and point with the ohhhs and ahhhhs.

For those who works hard to get what they want --- they ain't going to continue to support the madness either.

As for those with disposable income --- they aint going to spend on something that is readily available at a snap of the fingers.

With that said --- I am selling my JSC collections. PM me an offer I can't refuse and you can have them!

Moving forward --- you aint going to see me posting any more support about JSC!
I am interested, but only in the stuff that is less than 4 digits.....
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
Old 12-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #135
Spider-Fan

I'm definitely interested in some prelims that might become available in the new year
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #136
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
I am interested, but only in the stuff that is less than 4 digits.....
PM which one you want and I will let you know.

Sold the Spider-Gwen Prelim for a low-4-digits.

Last edited by marino13; 12-16-2015 at 07:51 PM.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #137
marino13

JSC is NOT printing money --- if anything, he is devalue his arts and with that devalue the "worth" that comes with it.

Now he is dipping into the CGC with 9.8s and 9.9s .... I wonder when he going to work with CGC and flooding with 10.0s?

And talking about double dipping --- now, not only he is an artist, he is a dealer also!

Sooner or later, he is going to realize ---- it is the collectors who control the selling of collectibles because they are the one who spent their hard earned on something "worthy" to them! And when you keep flooding the market with "monopoly money's value" --- your so called "limited and valuable" arts will be in the IDGAF's file.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #138
CMS1

If people are buying the stuff that Campbell puts out, he will keep putting more out. He knows what his stuff sells for in the secondary market and is pricing it at that because for the most part he can get it. His pricing range keeps people from buying it all up to flip it. You see this a lot in the art print world when the artist becomes very popular and price their pieces according to what they sell for in the after market to stop people from flipping it for a quick buck. If you like his art buy it because you like it, but if you are in it for an investment it might not be the best investment you can make. Myself, I am happy buying his standard and store variant comics unsigned and ungraded.
CMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:27 PM   #139
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMS1 View Post
If people are buying the stuff that Campbell puts out, he will keep putting more out. He knows what his stuff sells for in the secondary market and is pricing it at that because for the most part he can get it. His pricing range keeps people from buying it all up to flip it. You see this a lot in the art print world when the artist becomes very popular and price their pieces according to what they sell for in the after market to stop people from flipping it for a quick buck. If you like his art buy it because you like it, but if you are in it for an investment it might not be the best investment you can make. Myself, I am happy buying his standard and store variant comics unsigned and ungraded.

This doesnt accomplished anything except annoyance - for me at least.

I enjoy working and saving part of my salary so I can enjoy it at my annual event - which is NYCC.

Now that JSC made his remarques readily available and so forth -- he took the fun out of it for me. He took away the anticipation of the event along with with joy I am going to have from picking some of these up.

Like I said before, I will take my funds and have fun with chase --- with Lee's and others mentioned previously.

As for the flippers, they are the ones who worked for the artists indirectly -- they are doing all the hustling and so forth. Now, they aint going to be hustling on his behalf ... and you know, the hustling part is the the part the help generate "worth". Without it --- it is what it is.

PS. I have JSC's stuff for over a decade and have never thought of selling any of his stuff until earlier today --- which I painfully let the Spider-Gwen prelim go -- to a friend who really really wanted more than me!
Old 12-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #140
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Variant to Silk 3 (January 6th) that JSC just posted to his FB page:

Anyone know a place for pre-orders or is it too late on this one? Having trouble locating some, other then eBay.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:29 PM   #141
J.MEISTER

Quote:
Anyone know a place for pre-orders or is it too late on this one? Having trouble locating some, other then eBay.
Share with me too. Please and thanks. If must, Pm are welcomed.
J.MEISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:20 PM   #142
Rip67vdub

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.MEISTER View Post
Share with me too. Please and thanks. If must, Pm are welcomed.
DCBS. Pre-orders go live on the 21st.
2017-2018 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors
Rip67vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:22 PM   #143
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip67vdub View Post
DCBS. Pre-orders go live on the 21st.
I thought I read those past already in November.. the book is due out 1/16 no?
Old 12-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #144
Rip67vdub

Quote:
I thought I read those past already in November.. the book is due out 1/16 no?
My bad. Yea, it was last month.
2017-2018 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors
Rip67vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #145
Cyber Warrior

Np..looks like I'll be scooping up a single release day..or doing Indys grading.. not sure if I love it that much though, I have enough Black Cat covers as it is..now if it were Silk by herself, Im all over that
Old 12-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #146
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Np..looks like I'll be scooping up a single release day..or doing Indys grading.. not sure if I love it that much though, I have enough Black Cat covers as it is..now if it were Silk by herself, Im all over that
Enough Black Cat covers? That is a preposterous notion.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:34 PM   #147
Stat Monsters

I think Campbell isn't doing anything wrong.

By continually supplying the demand for his artwork and the remarks at the same consistent quality and price, he's just eliminating the middle man.

I think that was what happened with Neal Adams years ago when all of the profiteers who were the wolves in sheeps clothing disguised as fans who begged and pleaded with the artist for freebies and discounts only to then turn around and profiteer by selling the items. So, what it sounds like here and now are those who are griping and complaining are less his genuine fans and more those who wanted to invest or make a quick buck.

I'd see legitimate complaints if the costs/prices he offered the pieces were subsequently reduced or the rendering quality was either a lot better now or a lot worst at the same price. But, all he's doing is enabling more people/fans to acquire the art and less opportunity for profiteering folks to horde, hold hostage and mark up the merchandise.

It's always a bit sad to see people line up to get something from him only for a few folks to snatch them all up and then turn around and resell them to the fans behind them at a premium.

So, he's essentially giving the fans what they want. Who can criticize that?

I do get it in that the supply/demand chain needs to be fed, and that's why those who assume the risk of buying multiples and remarks with the intent to resell should be rewarded by whatever they can sell 'em for without criticism either, and they can't complain if the market falls and their possessions bottom out either where they may have to take a loss. It's gambling and speculation.

I know for his prints, most are never touted as limited edition, and have open ended production runs that are reprinted for conventions, and that's fine because they're only $20 or so and are affordable.

I think his merchandise / marketing efforts are buttoned up and very professional. I'm not that big of a fan of that whole "Hologram" authentication at an upsold premium thing that was tested out this year, not sure if it was well received or not. But for the most part, dealing with the artist direct you know you're getting your merchandise at the lowest price and is going to have an authentic signature and if it is original art, will be real as well.

The one thing I'd like J. Scott Campbell to do in the next few years is commit to doing an ongoing series with a good storyteller (writer). The covers are nice and gorgeous pin-ups, but rarely have anything to do with the stories inside. I'd like to see more nostalgic and emotional connection between his artwork and the comic book reading experience (i.e. what Batman's "Hush" for Jim Lee).
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #148
marino13

I am just going to put my two cents with this madness because I almost dropped a large chunk of change (and I am glad I didn't) ... He is wrong in so many ways and I just going to count off a couple of them only.

1. This is not about middlemen or flipper -- it is about money and how dumb he thinks his followers are. (Personally, I would never thought he would have gone this route -- the only logical explanation -- he followed ill-advised somehow and it is backfired big time.) With proof that his fans are not as dumb as he thought -- sooner or later, he gonna regret that decision (and I think he already did, by seeing how many UNSOLD as we speak.)

I had about 12 different remarqued covers or so in my cart and already sign-in and about to click complete order --- then something told me to check and see how many available for each of the one I selected. There were 10 of each available for purchase? This has greed written all over it! I quickly canceled my order!

I texted my friends who are also crazed followers --- they were all excited at first but after I told them about what I did and didn't do --- NONE of them bought anything either!

2. He have 26 options for remarques --- 26 of them - There were only four for SDCC '15 and NYCC '15 (combined). Out of the 26 options, only two got sold out treatments (that is about 7% for those who keep track) - as the rest, there are plenty available. No One Is Buying!

He is NOT supplying the fans' demand --- he is drowning them by flooding the market with his "rarity" works! And I doubt that anyone would like to be drowned. He is saturating the market with them and again, no one is buying into his decision. It is common sense - if rarity is readily available, it is not a freaking rarity!

2a. After the two sold out options -- instead of stop, he shows his true intention by added more to them --- and as we speak, fans are smarten up and very little being sold for those "sold out" options.

3. Let me not get into about CGCed books --- and oh, none of the CGC on his site has been sold.

Bottom line, if he would just have them as limited edition and respected the limit -- fans would have spent their hard earned money and be happy.

But now, it is all about greed and padding his own wallet was his intention -- smarten up followers ain't following that "Fools rush in" mentality.

PS. I can't wait to see how much stuff I can gather with the potential FU-2-JSC's fund. Thanks for opening up my eyes JSC!
Old 12-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #149
DigsUT

I think you are feeling personally slighted as a result of Campbell opening up his remarks. There is no longer a high potential of return from his pieces. This has nothing to do with greed. I am willing to bet that his people are telling him what flippers are making on his stuff and advising that he make the pieces more available, to cut out the secondary market. You can get mad at him and no longer buy his stuff if you want, I guarantee you that there will be plenty of wallets right behind you, willing to buy it up.

I find it quite hypocritical of you to say that he is being greedy about wanting to make sure he gets the most for his talent, yet buy up multiple remarks and other books, just to stash away and sell later. I typically do not call people out here, but I find it despicable that you talk #@#@#@#@ about an artist for getting max potential for his work. I for one, as a REAL collector of his art, applaud him for what he is doing and would be happy to own one of these "flooded" remark pieces.

Feel free to sell off all his stuff if you like. It will be one or more less people for me to have to deal with, jacking the prices up.
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
Old 12-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #150
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post

Feel free to sell off all his stuff if you like. It will be one or more less people for me to have to deal with, jacking the prices up.

Oh I am ---- and I am getting rid of them with a smile and "I will buy a round of drinks with the money you paid me."

And I am not the only one who is doing this -- you will see plenty of others who will jump off the JSC's boat --- especially those who spent "other's fortune" on his Original Arts (not those quickie remarques)

I have people texting me if I want his covers -- about 25% off what they had paid for them. I told them --- I am liquidating his stuff as well -- so, if you find suckers who willing to take them --- YOU SHOULD SELL!

So, is this personal? I don't think so.

It is more like --- I know and see "stupid" shyt happening and I am getting out of the way before it hits the fan -- and I don't want to be around holding something that is not worthwhile.

Thanks but no thanks!

PS. There are plenty of others' I can get into --- maybe a bunch of 9.8s or Walking Dead originals (I should have gotten into them when I had a chance -- but then again, even if I am jumping now -- at least I know they will retain the value instead of wasting my funds on "flooded" quickie remarques)