eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 12-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #151
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
I guarantee you that there will be plenty of wallets right behind you, willing to buy it up.
I would doubt that very much ---- how?

There are boatload of them available right now and since two weeks ago and guess what? NO ONE IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BUY THEM!

Check and see if I am wrong --- talking about --- get as much as you want!

If he was smart (or his advisors) --- flooding the market was wrong and now, if he lower his asking price --- then he admits that he was wrong. Would he do that? I don't think so!

He got pride and he is not going to that --- why? Because of "REAL" collectors like yourself will spend. I dont know when that will happen, but it will happen in this decade or the next.

Either way --- there are plenty to be had --- and there will be more in the secondary market with lesser asking price, so the "REAL" collectors can picked out what your wallet can afford.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #152
marino13

Quote:
I find it quite hypocritical of you to say that he is being greedy about wanting to make sure he gets the most for his talent, yet buy up multiple remarks and other books, just to stash away and sell later.

I have never ever SOLD any of his stuff -- even the stuff he GAVE them to me over a decade ago! And I still have ALL of them until two weeks ago - that was when I knew I better get out of the woods before the fire-sale happening.

I know him when he as SCOTT CAMPBELL!

His entourage knows I never sold his stuff --- because NONE of the stuff I got from him EVER surface on eBay or auction sites.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #153
Spider-Fan

Quote:
I think you are feeling personally slighted as a result of Campbell opening up his remarks. There is no longer a high potential of return from his pieces. This has nothing to do with greed. I am willing to bet that his people are telling him what flippers are making on his stuff and advising that he make the pieces more available, to cut out the secondary market. You can get mad at him and no longer buy his stuff if you want, I guarantee you that there will be plenty of wallets right behind you, willing to buy it up.

I find it quite hypocritical of you to say that he is being greedy about wanting to make sure he gets the most for his talent, yet buy up multiple remarks and other books, just to stash away and sell later. I typically do not call people out here, but I find it despicable that you talk #@#@#@#@ about an artist for getting max potential for his work. I for one, as a REAL collector of his art, applaud him for what he is doing and would be happy to own one of these "flooded" remark pieces.

Feel free to sell off all his stuff if you like. It will be one or more less people for me to have to deal with, jacking the prices up.
I actually think there is still a lot of upside potential for a flip, at least in the short term.

First, people will always be willing to pay a premium for something in hand verses something they have to wait for. Considering the remarks will be very similar, you never know what the future holds. How many people have commissioned an original work that was supposed to be done in 30 days and have found themselves on a waiting list for years?

Second, at this point, I don't know how widely known these remarks are. When these $500-$750 remarks start popping on ebay for $800-$1000, I expect them to sell pretty quickly. Plus, undoubtedly some will get graded SS 9.8 (witnessed schmitnessed), which will increase the price dramatically over raws.

Now, the longer the stay available (especially after they start to pop on ebay) the more the flip potential drops, of course. Right now, nobody knows how many of these will be done and how often they will be available. Personally, I think he has a certain $$ goal in mind, and reopened some of the sold out covers because the others were not selling. He knows the relative availability of his work not only impacts the secondary market value, but also impacts what he can sell them for. Flooding the market only benefits collectors (not him, not dealers, not speculators) in the long term.

As far as his original works for published pieces... I'm not sure why anybody would think this impacts their value or would start selling them off because of this.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #154
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post

As far as his original works for published pieces... I'm not sure why anybody would think this impacts their value or would start selling them off because of this.
You want a published cover or two?

I can connect the dots for you ... I know I don't want them personally -- even with 25% less than what he paid for them. How do I know? I was there when he paid for them.

Now, I have a little hard time selling off the "not so sought after" prelims -- even at the price that it cost me. I guess I am going to go down that "25% less" route if I want the fund for the new stuff.

Again --- if he had LIMIT them and leave them as LIMITED --- he would have sold most if not all of them.

True intention shown when the SOLD OUT got re-opened for more -- sounds familiar? Ain't this was what those so called "limited to 100" craze was all about when they found out -- "due to the excess demand, now we will increase to 1000!"

So far, the only trustworthy artist is Adam Hughes --- he actually stood by his limited edition prints (not remarques or sketches - freaking prints!).

Either way, It's your money, you do what you see fits.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #155
marino13

Instead of just another "10" --- he up the first sold out marques to a much higher amount -- and that is the only one that sold.

So, with all the "real" fans out there --- never say he did NOT make his works available for you. There are a lot, come and get some (his entourage and advisers are begging you to spend so they can say "See, we were right and it was the right thing to do to flood the market with your rarity JSC")

Last edited by marino13; 01-15-2016 at 12:48 PM.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:31 PM   #156
marino13

Quote:
I actually think there is still a lot of upside potential for a flip, at least in the short term.

There is NO upside or any "term" on JSC's remarques.

1. Unless you have no internet and you only deal in person-to-person, you would know that he sells on his site.

2. He continues to sell even after SOLD OUT, and keep doing so (as shown as we speak)

3. No one in their right mind will pay premium for his stuff on the secondary market when they get them at cost directly from JSC - even if it is COSTLY!

4. Now that collectors are selling off their sketches/remarques --- they are going to compete against JSC directly --- some might even willing to let go for less than what JSC is asking and that is the only way to recover partially.

5. If you are in this "marques" craze to make money -- you are NOT going to make any. On the other hand, if you are in for the love of the "marques" - wait until you see them at the price you can spend --- most likely, it wont come from JSC's store.

With that said, by "drowning" the market with his marques --- he not only drown out the secondary market, he also drown out his "willing to spend" supporters and worst of all --- the value of his "rarity marques".

And oh, he might have to wait a bit longer on his "REAL" fans to spend on the marques --- why? Because they have too much bills/responsibilities on hand to have a chance to support JSC's awesome work!
Old 12-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #157
Cyber Warrior

Well there's still the option of going to shows and winning one of his remarks and having it slabbed a high grade.. thats the one rarity left. Now if he starts selling CGC slabs on his website.. Uh oh
Old 12-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #158
Spider-Fan

You are entitled to your opinion on the subject. We will see in February, if they really are done within 30 days, how they do on ebay.

Regarding the covers... If I had the money, I would be PMing you about which ones you had. Is out of my price range for the next few years at least. Prelims? Maybe... Especially at 25% off... But not this month. If you are still having trouble selling them next month, I'll see what you have
Old 12-21-2015, 07:33 PM   #159
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Well there's still the option of going to shows and winning one of his remarks and having it slabbed a high grade.. thats the one rarity left. Now if he starts selling CGC slabs on his website.. Uh oh
He is selling SS slabs, per an earlier post here. Remarks will be next, I'm sure.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #160
marino13

Quote:

Here is a little surprise info for you ---- the asking price is EXACTLY the same!

Why bother of trying to win one when you can just buy one outright?

And he is selling CGCed --- I am just waiting on those 9.8 or 9.9 remarqued show up ..... and with the route he is taking, I would not be surprise if they show up after the new year!
Old 12-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #161
marino13

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion on the subject. We will see in February, if they really are done within 30 days, how they do on ebay.

Regarding the covers... If I had the money, I would be PMing you about which ones you had. Is out of my price range for the next few years at least. Prelims? Maybe... Especially at 25% off... But not this month. If you are still having trouble selling them next month, I'll see what you have

If I do well on my next poker game in AC -- I will send you one for FREE! I have your info!

(if you see a package you sent to yourself ---- it's a good day at work for me)
Old 12-21-2015, 09:05 PM   #162
Spider-Fan

Good luck then!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #163
Cyber Warrior

@Marino.. I meant remarked CGC's.. as of now those are only available through his shows but yeah, probably wont be long before they pop up in his store.. they'll probably be ridiculously overpriced though like his other slabs he sells.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #164
marino13

Quote:
@Marino.. I meant remarked CGC's.. as of now those are only available through his shows but yeah, probably wont be long before they pop up in his store.. they'll probably be ridiculously overpriced though like his other slabs he sells.
You will be lucky if the price is less than $1500 for a 9.8!

At the rate he is going --- "it would be affordable at $3200" -- that is what his entourage would be saying! (not to forget CGC get some to make sure it is a 9.8)
Old 12-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #165
Stat Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post

I had about 12 different remarqued covers or so in my cart and already sign-in and about to click complete order
Out of curiosity, what were you planning to do with 12 remarked covers?

If it's in the name of having different covers because you loved the art, then the artwork still remains the same quality, so there shouldn't be much of a debate nor complaint.

You'd mentioned never reselling, yet the venomous anger towards JSC seems to be based on monetizing an investment and not enjoying a purchase.

The fact that there still remains unsold inventory isn't so bad, it just means it's available for many others to pick up, not for a few to horde and hold hostage.

It sounds like at one time you were friendly to and with JSC, maybe even having a solid relationship, yet at the flip of a switch due to one business decision, it seems you've not only jettisoned him onto your bad side list, but you're putting out efforts to tell everyone else how horrible he is as well as influence others not to buy from JSC, appearing to turn from friendly fan to furious foe.

Do you really think JSC deserves such treatment?
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:26 PM   #166
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat Monsters View Post
Out of curiosity, 1. what were you planning to do with 12 remarked covers?

If it's in the name of having different covers because you loved the art, then the artwork still remains the same quality, so there shouldn't be much of a debate nor complaint.

You'd mentioned never reselling, yet the venomous anger towards JSC seems to be based on monetizing an investment and not enjoying a purchase.

The fact that there still remains unsold inventory isn't so bad, it just means it's available for many others to pick up, not for a few to horde and hold hostage.

2. It sounds like at one time you were friendly to and with JSC, maybe even having a solid relationship, yet at the flip of a switch due to one business decision, it seems you've not only jettisoned him onto your bad side list, but you're putting out efforts to tell everyone else how horrible he is as well as influence others not to buy from JSC, appearing to turn from friendly fan to furious foe.

3. Do you really think JSC deserves such treatment?

1. I love (better yet loved) JSC's work. He was struggling artist until fans catch on to his "drawing sexy ass female character". And I even told him that I would picked up whatever I can afford as long as I have a chance to do it once a year --- at NYCC! And with the stunt he is pulling, he is ruin it for my "annual pickup" occasion!

The 12 covers were all DIFFERENT - no duplicate. I have OCD (and proud of it) ... and when I have an option or more like an opportunity to pickup what I like, I would just do it. And a dozen sounded good at that time - why buy just six when you can buy a dozen?

And once I am done looking at them after a bad day at work --- they would be in a short box in the cool basement somewhere!

2. I do know JSC and I will continue to support him --- but NOT with the way he handled the remarqued. We talked about how I can't stand Neal Adams and how he treated his fans ---- and he understood why. Now, he is going down that route --- with help somehow. I do not know if it was his brother idea or just someone just say "Ride it until it breaks. Might as well take their money if they are going to give them to you."

I am NOT encourage or discourage anyone to do anything --- it is just common sense. But then again, not all common sense decision is so commonly understood anymore.

Bottom line --- why would anyone would spend on something at a costly price tag today --- when they can buy the same thing for less a couple weeks down the line?

With the "limitless" output of the remarqued, why would there be a premium for any of them?

3. Guilty by association! He might not be behind this movement -- but at least he has control to say "No. It is a bad freaking idea."

Trust me on this, I am NOT the only who think what he is doing is serious wrong and disservice to his followers and worst-- his loyal supporters!

Fool me once --- shame on you.

Fool me twice --- shame on me.

Fool me thrice --- FU-2-JSC's fund establish.

Last edited by marino13; 12-21-2015 at 11:31 PM.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #167
bballstar029

The ONLY person he is doing a disservice to is a flipper. I flip plenty of stuff, believe me, this wouldn't be anything I would entertain flipping. You yourself stated why buy now when you can buy cheaper in a few weeks, well if you're a true fan, the prices are already cheaper than they had been at other outlets, now if this increased supply causes lower prices down the road, it's even better for the FAN who just want to own some of Campbell's work. You seem to have a major axe to grind here. Literally Campbell comes out ahead as he only produces what is purchased, and the true fans come out ahead leaving only the flippers in the dust.
bballstar029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:54 AM   #168
cmixer

Let me add to the conversation.
Here's completed sales:

cmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:03 AM   #169
IndySportsCards

That's still double your money for those who flip this higher end JSC stuff.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #170
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
That's still double your money for those who flip this higher end JSC stuff.
Those are the ones i showed my girlfriend to get the okay to buy one. They pre-date his website listing, but yeah pretty much that is why I think the guys who bought right away will still flip for a few hundred profit.

Personally, I'm still interested in picking one up I'm just not in a huge rush. Ive got other, less available stuff, in my sights at that price point.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #171
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Those are the ones i showed my girlfriend to get the okay to buy one.
In my experience with significant others, It's "never okay" to buy one. You can utilize logic to your advantage to lull them into a temporary state of agreement. You must pounce on the sale during the small window of vegetative state as they can quickly change their mind and/or come to their senses. And by senses, meaning, THEY need new shoes, or a microwave, or some other BORING thing.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #172
Spider-Fan

Quote:
In my experience with significant others, It's "never okay" to buy one. You can utilize logic to your advantage to lull them into a temporary state of agreement. You must pounce on the sale during the small window of vegetative state as they can quickly change their mind and/or come to their senses. And by senses, meaning, THEY need new shoes, or a microwave, or some other BORING thing.
Hehe... point taken She certainly has her vices.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #173
Stat Monsters

Quote:
...or maybe if they do in fact sell for 2x the acquisition price... BUY 3. Sell 1 for double, then that covers the 2 you bought so it's like it was free. Then sell the 3rd one and use the profits to buy a gift for your girlfriend.
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:56 AM   #174
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat Monsters View Post
...or maybe if they do in fact sell for 2x the acquisition price... BUY 3. Sell 1 for double, then that covers the 2 you bought so it's like it was free. Then sell the 3rd one and use the profits to buy a gift for your girlfriend.
Wise move indeed!
Old 12-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #175
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmixer View Post
Let me add to the conversation.
Here's completed sales:

These were SOLD a week or so after NYCC '15 --- back in November.

And none were sold for even a slight profit since JSC posted them up on his site.

As for the current ones listed -- I bet if you send an offer of $750 or so, the seller will be tempted to sell it to you.

How often do you see "hot, rarity or whatever the supporters call it now a day" --- being dished out by JSC --- staying UNSOLD for weeks? I have never seen such a thing EVER!

If you don't see what is wrong with that picture -- I really don't know what to tell ya.