Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #176
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,562
Default

You've said your piece. There is no need to keep beating the dead horse. Maybe you are wrong, maybe you are right. Time will tell. Post again in a few months, "I told you so!"
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #177
IndySportsCards
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canus 9
Posts: 35,779
Default

IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #178
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
That's still double your money for those who flip this higher end JSC stuff.

This is NOT true ---


My buddy is trying to unload a cover or two --- original published covers, not these two-minutes-quickie --- and these cost him between $7500 and $10,000 --- and there is no taker!

I might want to take advantage of the situation -- even at the dumping price (25% off the cost), but then again, he is my friend and friends (over 10 years in the hobby together) don't do that to each other.

I did offer him a loan for them - I will hold onto the covers and he can have them back whenever --- with one exception ---

"If I find a taker for them for whatever the amount, he will be notified. And if he wants them back, he gets a week to do so. After that, there is no more obligation between us in regards with the covers - and no hard feelings."

He passed on the offer!


"I will ride out this stupidity. I hope he comes to his senses."

"Me too buddy. Me too."
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #179
DigsUT
Member
 
DigsUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 4,242
Default

To each their own Marino. If you feel slighted by what Campbell is doing, that is your prerogative. However, if you really cared about the well being of Campbell, why would you drop your collection of his stuff, because he made a sound business decision and that is what this was. Offering OA to the masses is not a slight to his fans. In fact, it is quite the opposite. It tells fans that he wants to make sure that anyone with the means, can get a piece of his OA and not have to be at the whim of people hoarding and marking up prices.

I am not saying that is what you are doing specifically, but there are plenty of others that could care less about Campbell's fans and just want to gouge as much as they can.
__________________
Collector of all that is J Scott Campbell
ArtGerm
Funko POP!
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #180
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
You've said your piece. There is no need to keep beating the dead horse. Maybe you are wrong, maybe you are right. Time will tell. Post again in a few months, "I told you so!"

I will never ever do that -- EVER!


I grow up in the environment of "I TOLD YOU SO" --- and I hate every moment I am being told that.


But then again --- I would never hear that BS again, because I actually listen after the third times around.


Now I would say --------- "See! You dumbass!"
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #181
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post

Tenderized horse meat --- is awesome by the way! I would have not known that if I did not lose a freaking bet.
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 12:20 AM   #182
drummer
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip67vdub View Post
DCBS. Pre-orders go live on the 21st.
Never saw them ... maybe I missed them on 21st?
drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 12:58 AM   #183
Jinak
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Kenosha, WI
Posts: 315
Default

this appreciation thread is great
Jinak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #184
Comix Guy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Never saw them ... maybe I missed them on 21st?
21st of November.
Comix Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #185
drummer
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 191
Default

Ahh right ... well not going to pay the $100+ list price on ebay right now obviously
drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #186
Cyber Warrior
Member
 
Cyber Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 2,853
Default

New store discount code valid 12/26 - 1/1

NWYR16
__________________
Just Say AH!
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #187
Yeezus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 262
Default

Lol Campbell dropped the prices on all his remark
Covers by $100. Wonder how much additional discount you can get with the code posted?
Yeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #188
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeezus View Post
Lol Campbell dropped the prices on all his remark
Covers by $100
. Wonder how much additional discount you can get with the code posted?




I wondered about those fans who paid for the previous higher asking price feels about this? hmmmmmm I guess they must be jumping for joy. And I will be they will continue to jump at every "remarqued" JSC will put up!


I am glad JSC showed his true color! And I am glad I got out when I did.


So, "REAL" fans out there --- jump in now and take advantage of the newly lower price, and oh, don't get upset if he will flood some more with even lower the price..... and I would be SHOCKED if he repeats the process. Shock, I tell you.


And oh --- for those who think what he is doing is right for his supporters --- think again! But then again, some of you might have OCD like me and wont get it until it happened for the third time around.


"Hmm, let's play the let's-make-it-affordable's card and see if the stupid will fall for it" --- I bet that is what the conversation they had.


Still think his "sketches" will hold value?


PS. For those on here who wanted to buy my JSC stuff --- I am glad I did not sell to any of you guys --- I don't want a bunch of ya pissed off at me!
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.

Last edited by marino13; 12-27-2015 at 02:29 PM.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:32 PM   #189
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Maybe you are wrong, maybe you are right. Time will tell. Post again in a few months___________"


Few months....

Try less than a week!
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:39 PM   #190
Cyber Warrior
Member
 
Cyber Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 2,853
Default

Im tempted but I still rather have a remark CGC'd. I received all of his sketchbooks for Xmas and they're really amazing to look at. His sketchbooks are now probably the closest I will come to owning original art
__________________
Just Say AH!
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #191
Yeezus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 262
Default

There is something fishy going on with the quantity as well. For examine the batman remarks all show only 1 available when you add to your cart. Before the sale you can add 9-10 to your cart.
Yeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:45 PM   #192
Yeezus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 262
Default

I bet these remarks can be had for a steal in a few months. The cheapest ones available are $300. I would be really upset if I was those ebayers who were paying 1200 for these a few weeks ago.

I don't think this will impact the prices of his OA and detailed sketches though.
Yeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #193
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeezus View Post
There is something fishy going on with the quantity as well. For examine the batman remarks all show only 1 available when you add to your cart. Before the sale you can add 9-10 to your cart.


What fishy about it now ---- is he "really" limit them down ... to one per customer per household per IP address! (I think that is the route they will go next)


"With this special price for 2016, the remarkable remarque is strictly limited to one per account/household/IP address. If you order more than one, your order might be cancelled without advance notice."
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #194
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeezus View Post
I bet these remarks can be had for a steal in a few months. The cheapest ones available are $300. I would be really upset if I was those ebayers who were paying 1200 for these a few weeks ago.

I don't think this will impact the prices of his OA and detailed sketches though.

With what he is pulling, would you still trust him?


Seriously!


Is this the same BS that smaller publishers touting "limited edition of 100" and once that sold out, they change their mind to .... "Due to popular demand, we have increased the limited edition to 1,000."?


And after the 1000s edition is sold out with a much lower asking price, they will go and do a 10,000 edition and so forth.
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #195
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Im tempted but I still rather have a remark CGC'd. I received all of his sketchbooks for Xmas and they're really amazing to look at. His sketchbooks are now probably the closest I will come to owning original art

Come on CW --- you are a smart business dude --- you should NOT be tempted by this.

You should put the "tempted amount to be spent" on the remarque -- into something you know you can "profitable recycle" in the near future.
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:15 PM   #196
Comix Guy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 512
Default

Geeze man, let it go. There are more important things in life.
Comix Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #197
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeezus View Post
Lol Campbell dropped the prices on all his remark
Covers by $100. Wonder how much additional discount you can get with the code posted?
Not enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post


I wondered about those fans who paid for the previous higher asking price feels about this? hmmmmmm I guess they must be jumping for joy. And I will be they will continue to jump at every "remarqued" JSC will put up!


I am glad JSC showed his true color! And I am glad I got out when I did.


So, "REAL" fans out there --- jump in now and take advantage of the newly lower price, and oh, don't get upset if he will flood some more with even lower the price..... and I would be SHOCKED if he repeats the process. Shock, I tell you.


And oh --- for those who think what he is doing is right for his supporters --- think again! But then again, some of you might have OCD like me and wont get it until it happened for the third time around.


"Hmm, let's play the let's-make-it-affordable's card and see if the stupid will fall for it" --- I bet that is what the conversation they had.


Still think his "sketches" will hold value?


PS. For those on here who wanted to buy my JSC stuff --- I am glad I did not sell to any of you guys --- I don't want a bunch of ya pissed off at me!
Stuff goes on sale all the time. It's a fact of life. More often this time of year than any other. Of course people will be pissed. People get pissed about all sorts of stuff all the time.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:24 PM   #198
Mysterio
Member
 
Mysterio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,616
Default

Discount code is good for 5%.

Well I for one am still a fan of his work. I'm not buying original art or remarques but I'm dang excited with the X-Men #510 I purchased from Indy! It's 1) X-Men, 2) A variant I never thought I would have, and 3) A JSC cover. I buy what I like and what interests me.

I'll be looking for the A-Force cover he has coming out too!
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #199
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Discount code is good for 5%.

Well I for one am still a fan of his work. I'm not buying original art or remarques but I'm dang excited with the X-Men #510 I purchased from Indy! It's 1) X-Men, 2) A variant I never thought I would have, and 3) A JSC cover. I buy what I like and what interests me.

I'll be looking for the A-Force cover he has coming out too!
+1

Buy what you enjoy and you'll always have that, no matter how the "value" changes over time. JSC might decide to retire and start pumping out sketches and remarks like nobody's business, or he might break his hand and never draw again.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #200
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Not enough



Stuff goes on sale all the time. It's a fact of life. More often this time of year than any other. Of course people will be pissed. People get pissed about all sorts of stuff all the time.


BS ... it never happened to any top 10 artists, until JSC broke that mold.

Even a bunch of joe blows artists .. they would have never even thought about pulling a JSC's.

Seriously, as a fan or even as a dumb as a doorknob fan --- without making any purchase or have intention to purchase --- you do not find what he is doing ... is wrong?

Mind you, he is not a struggling artist per se --- he is a top five if NOT the top three artist out there --- there is no reason for him to pull this on his fans. And oh, if you believe he is doing the fan a favor, I have a Brooklyn bridge to sell you.

But then again, there are people will go to their grave with believe Big Foot or Lochness Monster exist!

I know you UFO exist!
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.