Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 12-27-2015, 08:11 PM   #201
Spider-Fan

No, I don't think it's wrong. He is making more original art pieces available to his fans. He is lining is pockets instead of the pockets of middle men. Glad I can buy one for $500 from hi instead of $1000 from a raffle winner, if I so chose.

You seem like a perfectly nice guy, but you just sound like sour grapes. Sourer and sourer as highly elusive doodles become more and more available at lower and lower prices. Take a step back. These are remarked covers, not published originals.

From the other perspective, many people might think your self admitted "hoarding" of JSC remarked covers by buying them off of the raffle winners at NYCC was much more unethical than what he is doing right now.

Sharing is caring
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #202
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
No, I don't think it's wrong. He is making more original art pieces available to his fans. He is lining is pockets instead of the pockets of middle men. 1. Glad I can buy one for $500 from hi instead of $1000 from a raffle winner, if I so chose.

You seem like a perfectly nice guy, but you just sound like sour grapes. Sourer and sourer as highly elusive doodles become more and more available at lower and lower prices. Take a step back. These are remarked covers, not published originals.

2. From the other perspective, many people might think your self admitted "hoarding" of JSC remarked covers by buying them off of the raffle winners at NYCC was much more unethical than what he is doing right now.

Sharing is caring

1. Is the $500 book you purchased being discounted to $400?

2. How is it being unethical when I bought them at NYCC '15? The winners not only CAN'T afford to pay for them -- they didn't want them also. And after multiple chances given to other winners ---and the same thing happened!

I felt bad so I told his people, I will take whatever you willing to let go and they said you have them all if you like.

And how much did I paid? $400-$700 each ---- the same "discounted price ---> not the original price.

This is NOT about his variants and others rarity stuff from JSC --- this is mainly about his people tactic on the remarques and they FAIL miserly!
Old 12-27-2015, 11:27 PM   #203
Spider-Fan

No, but I have purchased similarly priced things only to find them significantly discounted a short time later. Doesn't matter if it's a dishwasher or a doodle. The wound is the same. You are putting him on a pedestal, instead of considering he is just a human being and small business owner. You think his business practices are foolish, and you are entitled to your opinion, but this is the JSC appreciation thread and all you do is slander. It's clearly personal. Now anybody can have similar items to yours, and you are throwing a tantrum. Move on.

People spend their money foolishly all the time. It's not your problem. Do you troll the sports threads to criticize the people spending $100s to $1000+ on a printed cards marked 1/1 knowing there will be 10 more sets next year that each have a 1/1 card for the same guy? Or is it okay because it's Topps or Upper Deck doing this instead of a popular artist?

If this guy wants to make his remarked covers common and depreciate the current value, what do you care? You can by an Adam Hughes sketch cover with a similar profile sketch for less than $100 easily. He is also a top artist in the business. You have a thread "It's Adam Hughs!" not FU-2-AH!...
Old 12-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #204
DigsUT

It boils down to this. JSC is making money on his art. If you dont like it, dont buy it, simple as that. Done and done, walk away.
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #205
Stat Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino13 View Post

I felt bad so I told his people, I will take whatever you willing to let go and they said you have them all if you like.

This is NOT about his variants and others rarity stuff from JSC --- this is mainly about his people tactic on the remarques and they FAIL miserly!
Do you feel strongly and courageously forthright enough to tell it to the face of J. Scott Campbell at the next event you see him at, in person?
Stat Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #206
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat Monsters View Post
Do you feel strongly and courageously forthright enough to tell it to the face of J. Scott Campbell at the next event you see him at, in person?
Would you like to be there?

I can arrange that ... and I will have NO problem telling him (whom I think had very little saying in this debacle but he did it anyway) --- or his people (beside his brother or part of his entourage).

And if I wanted to voice my frustration with this in a private setting, I can always take them out for lunch (during the break at NYCC '16) or dinner. And I will even pick up the check --- by using his "former fund". And I will tell him that also!

And I will have NO problem telling him that I spent "his fund" on other stuff.

I did the same thing when Adam Hughes wasnt there at NYCC '15 (because Allison and him and their pets got sick) --- I spent his fund on Frank Cho's stuff .... and I even tell Frank, "Next time you see Adam, take them out to dinner and tell him, dinner is on me!" And we both laugh about it.

One thing I might not say to him ---- "You are turning into Neal Adam and that is not a compliment."
Old 12-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #207
marino13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
No, but I have purchased similarly priced things only to find them significantly discounted a short time later. Doesn't matter if it's a dishwasher or a doodle. The wound is the same. You are putting him on a pedestal, instead of considering he is just a human being and small business owner. You think his business practices are foolish, and you are entitled to your opinion, but this is the JSC appreciation thread and all you do is slander. It's clearly personal. Now anybody can have similar items to yours, and you are throwing a tantrum. Move on.

People spend their money foolishly all the time. It's not your problem. Do you troll the sports threads to criticize the people spending $100s to $1000+ on a printed cards marked 1/1 knowing there will be 10 more sets next year that each have a 1/1 card for the same guy? Or is it okay because it's Topps or Upper Deck doing this instead of a popular artist?

If this guy wants to make his remarked covers common and depreciate the current value, what do you care? You can by an Adam Hughes sketch cover with a similar profile sketch for less than $100 easily. He is also a top artist in the business. You have a thread "It's Adam Hughs!" not FU-2-AH!...

I do have plenty of 1/1 BS when I used to collect trading cards.

I don't have time to go through them or even search for them. All of them probably worth "a nickle on a dollar" now --- and that includes a couple 1/1 Signed Game Used Kobe Bryant cards. I also have about a dozen or so of Micheal Jordan #/23 Warmup jersey (these were from $200/pack and I do not remember what is the name of the card company). Not to mention, cases of PSA 9s and a few PSA 10s. A couple of them are in the safe deposit --- '52 Topps High Numbers in PSA 8s. So, with your inquiry about the cards hobby --- yes, I dipped into that heavily and I stopped in late 90's. If I had dipped into comics instead of cards back then ---

I walked away from the card hobby --- because of the pack-poker night. Instead of busting packs, we busting boxes and cases. And that gets old quickly.

How is it slander ... when all the FACTs ... not opinions are stated?

As for Adam Hughes ... or ANY JOE BLOWS out there ---- have anyone pulled this stunt and FAIL, before? None that I can recall!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #208
marino13

Another thing --- not everything appreciated overtime and it takes time to appreciate.

But come one --- His remarques already depreciated by 20-25% and it is not even in production yet!

Imagine by the time it gets in your hands, how much more would it be depreciated by?

I wonder for those who paid already --- can they file a claim with paypal? If there was ever a time for buyer's remorse and returned without remorse .... I know I would if I had paid for them!
Old 12-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #209
marino13

I stand corrected via PM (and a couple of texts from friends in the past which I refused to believe until now ).

It was my fault that I hoarded his repeatedly unsold remarked at NYCC '15. Because of what I did, JSC and his entourage figured that his remarked was the bomb and that is the reason why the remarques was flooded.

With that said, I am sorry!

We cool, now?

Last edited by marino13; 12-28-2015 at 12:24 PM.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:40 AM   #210
J.MEISTER

J.MEISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #211
marino13

Here are the four unwanted stepchildren that I adopted at NYCC '15. I do not know if they are the reason why JSC flooded with more of them, but then again, who effing know.

And no worry, if you are missing out on the fourth or fifth waves of adoption, JSC got more to spread around.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderman_M13.jpg
Views:	1049
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	313526   Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderman_remark_3.jpg
Views:	984
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	313527   Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderman_remark_M13.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	313528   Click image for larger version

Name:	spiderman_remark.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	313529  
Old 12-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #212
Spider-Fan

I heard the sold pretty quickly as SDCC too, so I wouldn't give you full credit

Love the layout and he remark on the second one. I don't think those RYVs were re-upped with the $100 off sale, or if they were they sold out very quickly.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:09 AM   #213
Rip67vdub

If anyone is looking to fill their Black Panther Dark Reign run, send me a pm.
2017-2018 NBA World Champions Golden State Warriors
Rip67vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #214
Cyber Warrior

Only VF/NM
Uncanny X-Men #510 - SDCC Sketch Variant Cover, J Scott Campbell, Very Rare
Old 01-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #215
Mysterio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
That's a beautiful cover. Too bad it's WAAAAY outside my price range. lol
Mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:01 PM   #216
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
That's a beautiful cover. Too bad it's WAAAAY outside my price range. lol
Same here. ..I settled on the full color version
Old 01-02-2016, 02:04 PM   #217
Mysterio

Quote:
Same here. ..I settled on the full color version
Oh, mine is coming thanks to Indy...
Old 01-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #218
Mysterio

Oh yeah! Got my A-Force #1 Campbell variant today and only paid cover price for it! Gotta say I'm pretty happy about that.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #219
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
Oh yeah! Got my A-Force #1 Campbell variant today and only paid cover price for it! Gotta say I'm pretty happy about that.
Wow nice. I bought mine at MT..picked the best copy, got home to rebag and noticed the back cover had a bad corner fold ...drove back to another MT location and replaced the book. Out of the 20 or so copies I looked through all had similar color breaking ticks. I had to settle on one with 1 tick ...lesson learned, inspect bagged variants before leaving the store. And $50
Old 01-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #220
IndySportsCards

that book will press out very well Cyber, I looked at one today.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #221
Mysterio

Quote:
Wow nice. I bought mine at MT..picked the best copy, got home to rebag and noticed the back cover had a bad corner fold ...drove back to another MT location and replaced the book. Out of the 20 or so copies I looked through all had similar color breaking ticks. I had to settle on one with 1 tick ...lesson learned, inspect bagged variants before leaving the store. And $50
I'm very fortunate that my LCS charges very little for variants. Most 1:25s are $8-12. I've managed to pick up the '92 variants of X-Force, Ms. Marvel, and A-Force all for cover price.

There was an issue at another store with the Howard the Duck variant. It looked nice on the cover, but you took it out of the bag and the back was wrinkled and torn. They wanted $50 for it. No thanks on that!
Old 01-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #222
Cyber Warrior

Thanks Indy. Still breaks a spec of color but hopefully it grades well if I decide to go that route. Actually need to pm you for some services.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #223
DigsUT

Got my A-Force Campbell from my regular joint for $9.99. Very happy with that.
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #224
Cyber Warrior

I wish my LCS had variants...one shop does a raffle on them so you need to be the lucky winner and the other is a hit or a miss but 90% of the time they don't carry variant covers. MTC's isn't so bad for me since I work in the area but..dem prices ..on the positive, they have a large selection which triples other stores.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #225
Yeezus

Hey guys,

Dont't really post here as often as I should, but here are some of my Campbell drek. I have some more, but I won't flood the thread with anymore pics. LOL

Last edited by Yeezus; 01-06-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Yeezus is offline   Reply With Quote