eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Old 10-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #101
Yeezus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
My subscription service sent my latest package to my old address. Picked it up yesterday. Happy to finally put this set back together again. Sorry for the meh picture. Was back and forth about subbing a set as Signature Series at NYCC. It was originally my plan when I bought them, but ultimately I decided not to. I'll have more chances if I change my mind. Honestly, I really don't see this set appreciating to the point where I would put another $200 into it to upgrade it to SS.

Sweet set. I agree, i probably wouldnt put in another $200 for the sigs if I had a blue set already. You can always revisit if the set appreciates. I still need to pick up a set myself.
Yeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #102
Cyber Warrior

Nice!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:45 PM   #103
Spider-Fan

Default CGC delivery =)

So I had a FedEx tag on my door Thursday. Signed in on Friday to have the package redirected to the local FedEx Office for pick-up, but I was too late and already missed deliver. Spent all weekend wondering if any of the foils hit 9.8. Was very pleasantly surprised when I opened the box!

Needless to say, two sets will be for sale. I would prefer to trade one of the foil covers straight up for a 9.8 of the newer FanExpo reprint since I wasn't able to get any of those. If anybody has got one for trade, hit me up. Otherwise I'll just use the proceeds from selling these to pick one up. Ebay is the big winner in that situation.

Wow! I can't believe people were paying $250 for a foil 9.8 at one point!
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:50 PM   #104
Cyber Warrior

Score! well done.
Old 11-12-2016, 04:01 PM   #105
Spider-Fan

Of all the variations of this cover, this one is my favorite. I sure wish I could have gotten a few extras.

Was running out of time to use my ebay bucks and ended up picking this up.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #106
DigsUT

Quote:
Of all the variations of this cover, this one is my favorite. I sure wish I could have gotten a few extras.

Was running out of time to use my ebay bucks and ended up picking this up.

Did you order the Champions directly from the site? I have yet to see shipping confirmation on it.
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:38 PM   #107
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
Did you order the Champions directly from the site? I have yet to see shipping confirmation on it.
Yes I did and I never received a shipping confirmation. I was really surprised to find it lying on the ground in front of my door when I returned home from some errands this afternoon.

I don't know if both variants were supposed to be released at the same time. This one was ordered afterwards by itself when a few more popped in stock. The red one was ordered the day before with a few other books. Did not received that package yet.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #108
Cujobyte

Thanks for posting the Champions, as I hadn't received confirmation either. Hope to see mine soon. Nice stuff.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:02 PM   #109
Brian Shirk

Nice pickups as always man.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:45 AM   #110
Spider-Fan

Got lucky at the NJ Comic Expo yesterday. Found a dealer with two of the Fan Expo BA12 Convention Special 2nd Print CGC 9.8, and he was willing to trade one for one of my extra Fan Expo BA12 Convention Special 1st Print CGC 9.8.

In other words, I have him one of these:

And he gave me this:

Trading doesn't always work out, but it can be great when it does! No middle man fees for PayPal or eBay on this one

Also got my Fan Expo BA12 Special Convention Edition 3rd prints (Timm Cover) in the mail yesterday and immediately submitted the best 3 at the convention.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:54 PM   #111
Spider-Fan

My sketches from the convention this weekend.

Killer Croc by Sara Richard. She is one of my favorite artists to work with and I have been collecting her stuff pretty much since I got back into collecting. I basically handed her the blank and told her she could do whatever she wanted with it. Love the perspective on this one. Excuse the poor lighting. Really doesn't do the art justice.

Carnage head sketch by Mark Bagley. This one is off to CCS for an unnecessary press (was cheaper to send to CCS and pay $12 for a press than to put it on its own invoice) and then to CGC. Should look nice next to an ASM361 slab

Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter) by Mike Zeck. She is one of my favorite characters, and she first appeared in Secret Wars. Also off to CCS/CGC. Love the art, but the process also created two serious spine ticks. I'm not sure a press will take them out, but I figured it was worth a try. Will look great next to a SW7 slab (there was one at the show but it was gone when I ran in yesterday afternoon to pick up these books and sub them).
Old 11-21-2016, 07:29 PM   #112
CMS1

Awesome pickups. For as weak as the show was for vendors there were some really good artist there. I ended up getting sketches by Mark and Sara as well. How did you end up getting one done by mike zeck. He was one of the people that was pretty busy the whole show.
CMS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #113
rokstarr99

Love the Spider-Woman.
rokstarr99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #114
Spider-Fan

Zeck was my first stop on Saturday morning and I'm pretty sure I was the last person he took since technically his sketch list was already closed. I was thrilled he squeezed me in since he was full by the time I got to him at the last show also. I would have liked to get Finch too, but based on his line I didn't think I had a shot.

Funny enough, he said he doesn't get many requests for Spider-Woman. I think that is part of the reason he let me get on the list.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:43 PM   #115
IndySportsCards

Mike Zeck is a great guy. Congrats, that sketch is sick!
Old 11-21-2016, 09:55 PM   #116
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Mike Zeck is a great guy. Congrats, that sketch is sick!
He was, for sure, one of the nicer industry artists I've worked with. Came off very sincere.

In other news... My other order from Mexico arrived today. Now I'm really puzzled what is pending my signature at the post office, since this was the only thing I could think of...?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #117
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Now I'm really puzzled what is pending my signature at the post office
Probably this
Old 11-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #118
digitalbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
hahahahaha
digitalbc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:14 PM   #119
justinj31

Last year Bagley wouldn't draw Carnage at this show.
justinj31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:04 PM   #120
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinj31 View Post
Last year Bagley wouldn't draw Carnage at this show.
He is... interesting.

Carnage is one of my favorite characters. You know what they say about meeting your heroes.

In other news... Sadly it wasn't my Bieber fan club introductory package. It was a sweet sketch card. Not sure why it was sent signature confirmation.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #121
Spider-Fan

Impulse buy on ebay. Figured the price was decent despite it being personalized dead center. Black Cat sketch by J. Scott Campbell on a comic backer board.

Was doing a sold item search and saw that I missed a Harley Quinn sketch on a blank Batman for the same price. Would have impulse bought that one too!
Old 12-15-2016, 02:26 PM   #122
Spider-Fan

Default NYCC CGC mail day

Received my first of four different Signature Series invoices submitted at NYCC. These were originally birthday/Christmas gifts from my girlfriend last year, and we had them signed at NYCC this year. Was on the fence about submitting them at all, because I knew they weren't solid 9.8s going in. From that perspective, two out of three ain't bad! No grader notes on the 9.6, but there is a bit of a rub/color loss on the back so I'm guessing that is problem.

Next box of eleven books (all Harley Quinn) is due some time bteween Saturday to maybe Tuesday at the latest. Grades came in yesterday and I'm very excited to have triple signed 9.8s on the Artgerm/Legacy exclusive set! Submitted a few extras, so I'm going to have some 9.6s and 9.8s available for sale if anybody is interested.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #123
Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Received my first of four different Signature Series invoices submitted at NYCC. These were originally birthday/Christmas gifts from my girlfriend last year, and we had them signed at NYCC this year. Was on the fence about submitting them at all, because I knew they weren't solid 9.8s going in. From that perspective, two out of three ain't bad! No grader notes on the 9.6, but there is a bit of a rub/color loss on the back so I'm guessing that is problem.

Next box of eleven books (all Harley Quinn) is due some time bteween Saturday to maybe Tuesday at the latest. Grades came in yesterday and I'm very excited to have triple signed 9.8s on the Artgerm/Legacy exclusive set! Submitted a few extras, so I'm going to have some 9.6s and 9.8s available for sale if anybody is interested.
Very nice!

Triple signed? You waited on the Conner, Palmiotti line? ...that line was crazy this year, I heard they had to cap it off.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #124
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Very nice!

Triple signed? You waited on the Conner, Palmiotti line? ...that line was crazy this year, I heard they had to cap it off.
They capped it off every signing. Finally, on Saturday, I was forth in line and just sat there for a little over an hour until the signing started. I had already had a lot of the books signed by Sienkiewicz or Artgerm so I was pretty determined on getting the triples. Hopefully the extras make for quick sales.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #125
Yeezus

Quote:
Impulse buy on ebay. Figured the price was decent despite it being personalized dead center. Black Cat sketch by J. Scott Campbell on a comic backer board.

Was doing a sold item search and saw that I missed a Harley Quinn sketch on a blank Batman for the same price. Would have impulse bought that one too!

Just saw this. Sweet black cat sketch! You can have Nei cover it up when she does her coloring if it bothers you that much. Sweet sketch as is!
Yeezus is offline   Reply With Quote