Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

Notices

ComicBookJunkie Post your Comic Hobby Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2016, 09:39 AM   #176
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

(not mine -- but that book looked familiar. And if it it from someone I know, it was about 3 years wait)


__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #177
IndySportsCards
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canus 9
Posts: 35,314
Default

That is simply delicious
__________________
10001110101
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #178
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,393
Default

It's beautiful.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:45 PM   #179
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,393
Default

__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #180
Cyber Warrior
Member
 
Cyber Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 2,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post

I just got the email for this.. I'm already happy with my Harley PF but this could be tempting.. I'm guessing they'll make these 1/5 scale.. although his Pepper statue was a PF (1/4) so it'll be interesting to see what happens. That's the problem with the statue game, you drop $400-700 on a piece then a year or two later something better comes along, which I suppose is true for many things in life
__________________
Just Say AH!
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #181
IndySportsCards
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canus 9
Posts: 35,314
Default

Oh nice job Lau, digging into my wallet AGAIN! These look awesome.
__________________
10001110101
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #182
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
I just got the email for this.. I'm already happy with my Harley PF but this could be tempting.. I'm guessing they'll make these 1/5 scale.. although his Pepper statue was a PF (1/4) so it'll be interesting to see what happens. That's the problem with the statue game, you drop $400-700 on a piece then a year or two later something better comes along, which I suppose is true for many things in life
Yeah. I don't have a higher end HQ statue, so this could be the one. Im sure it will be beautiful, but if it's too large or too expensive, I'll have to keep looking.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 AM   #183
Cyber Warrior
Member
 
Cyber Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 2,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Yeah. I don't have a higher end HQ statue, so this could be the one. Im sure it will be beautiful, but if it's too large or too expensive, I'll have to keep looking.
All signs are pointing to 1/5 scale on these.. so it's somewhat a big statue which are normally around 15"-20" tall or more depending on how big of a base there is (possibly smaller depending on the pose but it looks like they're all standing straight up).. and around $350-500 in price. Sideshows prices have steadily been climbing over the past year.

These look like they'll be amazing if the finished product looks anything like the prototype.. Sideshow has a history with changing the look of portraits in an unflattering way.. it's a hit or miss.

If you want a comparison. .. Sideshows Campbell line are 1/5 scale (Gwen, MJ, Blackcat)

Edit.. Artgerm confirmed these as 1/5 scale.
__________________
Just Say AH!

Last edited by Cyber Warrior; 01-02-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:47 AM   #184
DigsUT
Member
 
DigsUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 4,220
Default

I hope they make a Supergirl. I am still on the fence about the PF.
__________________
Collector of all that is J Scott Campbell
ArtGerm
Funko POP!
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:52 AM   #185
Cyber Warrior
Member
 
Cyber Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 2,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
I hope they make a Supergirl. I am still on the fence about the PF.
They stopped the Campbell line after 3 statues so we'll see what happens with these since they already pictured 3 of them. Wonderwoman would be great as well.

A lot of people hate her face on the PF.. I think it looks great.. Have her arriving next week
__________________
Just Say AH!
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #186
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
All signs are pointing to 1/5 scale on these.. so it's somewhat a big statue which are normally around 15"-20" tall or more depending on how big of a base there is (possibly smaller depending on the pose but it looks like they're all standing straight up).. and around $350-500 in price. Sideshows prices have steadily been climbing over the past year.

These look like they'll be amazing if the finished product looks anything like the prototype.. Sideshow has a history with changing the look of portraits in an unflattering way.. it's a hit or miss.

If you want a comparison. .. Sideshows Campbell line are 1/5 scale (Gwen, MJ, Blackcat)

Edit.. Artgerm confirmed these as 1/5 scale.
I only have the black cat, and she is the perfect size. If she was standing, might be a little tough in my current digs.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #187
DigsUT
Member
 
DigsUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 4,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
They stopped the Campbell line after 3 statues so we'll see what happens with these since they already pictured 3 of them. Wonderwoman would be great as well.

A lot of people hate her face on the PF.. I think it looks great.. Have her arriving next week
They did 5 total Campbell statues, 2 Spider-Man, MJ, Gwen and Black Cat. Each one sold out, except for the Black Cat to this point. I am honestly surprised they have not made more, unless the deal was just with Spider-Man characters. I would KILL, for a Spider-Gwen Campbell statue
__________________
Collector of all that is J Scott Campbell
ArtGerm
Funko POP!
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #188
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

And just like that ----- It's gone!



__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #189
Yeezus
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
They did 5 total Campbell statues, 2 Spider-Man, MJ, Gwen and Black Cat. Each one sold out, except for the Black Cat to this point. I am honestly surprised they have not made more, unless the deal was just with Spider-Man characters. I would KILL, for a Spider-Gwen Campbell statue
There is also a Emma frost campbell statue from a few years back
Yeezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #190
Cyber Warrior
Member
 
Cyber Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 2,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeezus View Post
There is also a Emma frost campbell statue from a few years back
And a Vampirella
__________________
Just Say AH!
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #191
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,393
Default

I don't know how to link the image he posted for his upcoming Black Cat cover, but I know I'm going to be looking to get a 9.8SS this year
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #192
Cyber Warrior
Member
 
Cyber Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 2,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't know how to link the image he posted for his upcoming Black Cat cover, but I know I'm going to be looking to get a 9.8SS this year
__________________
Just Say AH!
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #193
IndySportsCards
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canus 9
Posts: 35,314
Default

Whoa.. That's sick
__________________
10001110101
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #194
DigsUT
Member
 
DigsUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pflugerville, TX
Posts: 4,220
Default

Incentive or shop exclusive? Probably shop exclusive.
__________________
Collector of all that is J Scott Campbell
ArtGerm
Funko POP!
D'Onta Foreman HOOK'EM!
DigsUT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #195
rokstarr99
Member
 
rokstarr99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Northern California
Posts: 690
Default

All over that one...👀
rokstarr99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #196
Cyber Warrior
Member
 
Cyber Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 2,849
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigsUT View Post
Incentive or shop exclusive? Probably shop exclusive.
Maybe Legacy again? ..seems to be doing a lot of DC covers for them lately.
__________________
Just Say AH!
Cyber Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #197
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
Maybe Legacy again? ..seems to be doing a lot of DC covers for them lately.
Yup that was the image.

Legacy was also my gut guess.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #198
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post

This cover is tame in comparison -- because retarded offended by cleavage.


Glad I got my piece done the way it supposed to be -- all in 16x20 canvas!

__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #199
Spider-Fan
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9,393
Default

I don't think the extra cleavage makes the art any better.

I was 90% expecting this post to be that you bought the original for $10,000.
__________________
Collecting Sketch Cards: Spider-Man and his allies/enemies; Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn | Collecting Comics: Carnage, Harley Quinn, TMNT, J. Scott Campbell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Non-Sports Card Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://tinyurl.com/Spider-Fan-NSBST
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #200
marino13
Member
 
marino13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Home Of The Big Apple
Posts: 3,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't think the extra cleavage makes the art any better.

I was 90% expecting this post to be that you bought the original for $10,000.

I think some deep pocket for CA already snapped it up ...
__________________
If you can't pay for it in cash, you can't afford it.
marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.