Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

Notices

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Old 01-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #51
danmecum51

Nice. Reese was a huge deal up on Washington when I was coaching up there. Him and coulter two first round catchers from the state
Old 01-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #52
Trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3V1 View Post
So how do you go about requesting game used stuff? Awesome successes man!
I edit pictures for them on Twitter and then I ask them to send me signed stuff :special:
Trouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #53
Trouty

I have done edits for and they all either tweeted me thanking me or sent me stuff:
Reese McGuire (sent gloves)
Keenyn Walker (sent cleats)
Dominic Smith
Gavin Cecchini
Tyler Beede (His dad tweeted me asking for more pictures)
Kris Bryant (His girlfriend tweeted me a couple times thanking me for the pictures, his cousin also follows me)
Addison Russell
Carlos Rodon
Alex Jackson
Jonathan Gray
Nick Powell (Manchester United player)
Rafael (Manchester United player)
Byron Buxton (sending!)
Tyler Danish
Todd Cunningham
Clint Frazier
Archie Bradley

Last edited by Trouty; 01-09-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #54
Trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
Nice. Reese was a huge deal up on Washington when I was coaching up there. Him and coulter two first round catchers from the state
Thanks, big fan of Reese. Isn't Alex Jackson committed to Oregon too? You are in for a treat
Old 01-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #55
SDcardguy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
I have done edits for and they all either tweeted me thanking me or sent me stuff:
Reese McGuire (sent gloves)
Keenyn Walker (sent cleats)
Dominic Smith
Gavin Cecchini
Tyler Beede (His dad tweeted me asking for more pictures)
Kris Bryant (His girlfriend tweeted me a couple times thanking me for the pictures, his cousin also follows me)
Addison Russell
Carlos Rodon
Alex Jackson
Jonathan Gray
Nick Powell (Manchester United player)
Byron Buxton (sending!)
Tyler Danish
Todd Cunningham
Clint Frazier
Archie Bradley
Alex Jackson! I heard he is already sick of signing so that may be why he didn't send you anything. I think he got hit hard in LA and Florida.

Its going to be tough getting the rest of my photos and cards signed!
SDcardguy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #56
Trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
Alex Jackson! I heard he is already sick of signing so that may be why he didn't send you anything. I think he got hit hard in LA and Florida.

Its going to be tough getting the rest of my photos and cards signed!
He tweeted at me saying he love the edit, I did not go any farther in asking for stuff because I assumed most high schoolers don't give away stuff after the Manziel thing.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #57
danmecum51

Quote:
Thanks, big fan of Reese. Isn't Alex Jackson committed to Oregon too? You are in for a treat
He did committ but doubt he shows up. I coached tommy Thorpe in high school and asked him about the Jackson kid a few months ago said no one has really said anything about him. I know he is a big recruit but the money will talk I'm sure
Outside of having the best facilities in the country I don't know why any top tier hitter would come to Eugene. It's cold it's wet and the ball doesn't fly there. Horton is appealing though for future pros.

Last edited by danmecum51; 01-09-2014 at 06:24 PM.
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #58
Trouty

Quote:
He did committ but doubt he shows up. I coached tommy Thorpe in high school and asked him about the Jackson kid a few months ago said no one has really said anything about him. I know he is a big recruit but the money will talk I'm sure
I think he'll probably go straight to the minors too but he does have a Oregon logo on his twitter background.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #59
clarkzac

Quote:
nice, where are you at? I have one roommate who doesn't know a thing about sports but finds my autograph collection pretty cool…he thinks I am nerdy when he is the Star Treks freak lol.
I go to Chadron State College. Its a small school in an even smaller town in Western Nebraska lol. The greatest thing that Chadron State has ever provided to the world is Danny Woodhead.

Very nice recent pick ups as well! I have a small game used collection, but none were given to me straight from the player like yours lol
clarkzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #60
Trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
I go to Chadron State College. Its a small school in an even smaller town in Western Nebraska lol. The greatest thing that Chadron State has ever provided to the world is Danny Woodhead.

Very nice recent pick ups as well! I have a small game used collection, but none were given to me straight from the player like yours lol
Danny Woodhead went there? I didn't even know that :special:

I just started tweeting at them last month, I made some edits for fun and Keenyn Walker just followed me and asked me to make some for him. So that got me started
Old 01-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #61
SDcardguy24

Quote:
Outside of having the best facilities in the country I don't know why any top tier hitter would come to Eugene. It's cold it's wet and the ball doesn't fly there. Horton is appealing though for future pros.
You can never get attached to college baseball recruits. USD lost Reese McGuire and Andrew Church but it was expected so it didn't sting as much. Just gotta hope there is a 1st round talent like Kris Bryant that actually values a college education and drops in the draft because of it!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #62
Trouty

Quote:
You can never get attached to college baseball recruits. USD lost Reese McGuire and Andrew Church but it was expected so it didn't sting as much. Just gotta hope there is a 1st round talent like Kris Bryant that actually values a college education and drops in the draft because of it!
Was Kris Bryant even considered a 1st round pick in high school? I know Tyler Beede was drafted 11th by the Blue Jays but decided to go to Vandy instead. Matt Harvey did the same thing by not signing and going to UNC, he wanted 2 million dollars as a signing bonus but the most Angels would give him was 1. Imagine if he ended up in LA? :special:
Old 01-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #63
clarkzac

Quote:
Danny Woodhead went there? I didn't even know that :special:

I just started tweeting at them last month, I made some edits for fun and Keenyn Walker just followed me and asked me to make some for him. So that got me started
Haha yeah, Nebraska didn't even offer him a walk on spot and Chadron State gave him a full ride. It is the only full ride athletic scholarship that the school has ever given out
Old 01-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #64
Trouty

Quote:
Haha yeah, Nebraska didn't even offer him a walk on spot and Chadron State gave him a full ride. It is the only full ride athletic scholarship that the school has ever given out
wow, Woodhead must have been special to Chadron State. Looks like Nebraska missed out.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #65
clarkzac

Quote:
wow, Woodhead must have been special to Chadron State. Looks like Nebraska missed out.
Haha, they still talk about him on campus. With him winning the Harlon Hill trophy twice (Division 2 equivalent of the Heisman.) Its crazy to think that he left Chadron in 2008, which was my freshman year of high school lol
Old 01-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #66
Trouty

Quote:
Haha, they still talk about him on campus. With him winning the Harlon Hill trophy twice (Division 2 equivalent of the Heisman.) Its crazy to think that he left Chadron in 2008, which was my freshman year of high school lol
He's definitely got a legacy there like Joe Flacco and Romo coming from D2 schools
Old 01-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #67
SDcardguy24

Quote:
Was Kris Bryant even considered a 1st round pick in high school? I know Tyler Beede was drafted 11th by the Blue Jays but decided to go to Vandy instead. Matt Harvey did the same thing by not signing and going to UNC, he wanted 2 million dollars as a signing bonus but the most Angels would give him was 1. Imagine if he ended up in LA? :special:
Yeah I know he had some question marks back then but he was still projected as a top 50 draft pick by many and even had those Troy Glaus comparisons back then! I saw him at the AFLAC game for the top 50 HS players (along with Bryce Harper). I'm guessing a lot of teams thought he had a really firm commitment to USD and college. Heck some people wanted him to apply to become a Rhodes scholar in 2013!

"Bonanza High senior Kris Bryant has more mail delivered to the West Las Vegas school than most teachers.

Then again, the teachers aren't star baseball players who are expected to be drafted in the first round of June's First-Year Player Draft.

Bryant, a 6-foot-5, 200-pound slugging infielder who hit home runs in six straight games as a sophomore and has a full scholarship to the University of San Diego, has received roughly 20 requests for his autographs in the mail.

One request came from someone in Oconomowoc, Wisc., who asked Bryant to return his autograph on a game-used batting glove. Others include items they would like signed.

Bryant, who has 103 hits and a .958 career slugging percentage in three years on the varsity team, doesn't mind the requests. He finds it flattering that someone who lives thousands of miles away is interested in his career."

Last edited by SDcardguy24; 01-09-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #68
Trouty

Quote:
Yeah I know he had some question marks back then but he was still projected as a top 50 draft pick by many and even had those Troy Glaus comparisons back then! I saw him at the AFLAC game for the top 50 HS players (along with Bryce Harper). I'm guessing a lot of teams thought he had a really firm commitment to USD and college. Heck some people wanted him to apply to become a Rhodes scholar in 2013!

"Bonanza High senior Kris Bryant has more mail delivered to the West Las Vegas school than most teachers.

Then again, the teachers aren't star baseball players who are expected to be drafted in the first round of June's First-Year Player Draft.

Bryant, a 6-foot-5, 200-pound slugging infielder who hit home runs in six straight games as a sophomore and has a full scholarship to the University of San Diego, has received roughly 20 requests for his autographs in the mail.

One request came from someone in Oconomowoc, Wisc., who asked Bryant to return his autograph on a game-used batting glove. Others include items they would like signed.

Bryant, who has 103 hits and a .958 career slugging percentage in three years on the varsity team, doesn't mind the requests. He finds it flattering that someone who lives thousands of miles away is interested in his career."
I just googled that, oh wow, I didn't know he got so much mail even before he went to USD. I have been a Bryant fan since his first year at USD, glad I got my batting glove early :special:
Old 01-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #69
SDcardguy24

Quote:
I just googled that, oh wow, I didn't know he got so much mail even before he went to USD. I have been a Bryant fan since his first year at USD, glad I got my batting glove early :special:
Yeah it feels good to be on the bandwagon early! I got a bunch of AFLAC cards cheap at the game since everyone was only interested in Bryce Harper back then :special:
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #70
Trouty

Quote:
Yeah it feels good to be on the bandwagon early! I got a bunch of AFLAC cards cheap at the game since everyone was only interested in Bryce Harper back then :special:
yeah I feel you, I really want one of those AFLAC cards but they are SO expensive now. I have a team USA Panini signed thought but I still would like one of the AFLACs, guess I won't be getting one unless something amazing happens, Kris Bryant, if you are reading this, I need one :special: I have tweeting so much at him and his girlfriend, hopefully he can follow me and we can be friends but I doubt it. : Some kid, a autograph collector, on twitter has Byron Buxton's phone number maybe I can get Kris'
Old 01-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #71
SDcardguy24

Quote:
yeah I feel you, I really want one of those AFLAC cards but they are SO expensive now. I have a team USA Panini signed thought but I still would like one of the AFLACs, guess I won't be getting one unless something amazing happens, Kris Bryant, if you are reading this, I need one :special: I have tweeting so much at him and his girlfriend, hopefully he can follow me and we can be friends but I doubt it. : Some kid, a autograph collector, on twitter has Byron Buxton's phone number maybe I can get Kris'
Every player is given some copies but he told in 2012 that he had already given away all of them lol.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #72
Trouty

Quote:
Every player is given some copies but he told in 2012 that he had already given away all of them lol.
I figured, I am just joking about him giving me one :special:

If the hype dies down (which I think will never happen) I'll get one.

When do you see Kris again? I remember you saying you have some opportunity to get him again. If so, I really want that Cubs picture you have signed in silver…trade you
Old 01-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #73
Trouty

Went straight to the mail room after class, had one successes. Alexander Buttner, the Dutch international football who currently plays for Manchester United. He definitely showed some signs of potential and a lot of energy last season but he did not get much playing time under Moyes this season. There has been speculations that he will be sold or loaned out soon but frankly I think Moyes isn't doing the best with team selecting, he should either loan out Buttner or Zaha to get playing time outside OT.

When I opened the envelope, I figured it would be Michael Carrick since it was UK stamped and I saw some successes from Carrick this week. Surprise to see it was Buttner and on last season's club card. It was postmarked on the 1/2/14 which is odd considering mail from UK usually takes 3-4 days but it might just be my mailroom lady.

Would love to get more TTMs out but I am running low on envelopes.

Last edited by Trouty; 01-10-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:55 PM   #74
WalrusCircus

I like Buttner a lot. I don't think Evra is going to be around much longer so I think he'll get more playing time in the near future. Until then I do think that he and Zaha should be loaned out. Zaha should have been loaned out ages ago. Nice return as always!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #75
Trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalrusCircus View Post
I like Buttner a lot. I don't think Evra is going to be around much longer so I think he'll get more playing time in the near future. Until then I do think that he and Zaha should be loaned out. Zaha should have been loaned out ages ago. Nice return as always!
Thanks for your kind words as alway, you are one of the few on here who recognize soccer successes Thanks for reading!