Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > OTHER SPORTS BOX & CASE BREAKS

Notices

OTHER SPORTS BOX & CASE BREAKS Post your OTHER SPORTS Box & Case Breaks Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #26
37Jetson
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 12,648
Default

Hey Wheeler,

Since you did not recognize the Captain using your own word for word diatribe against bad cut signatures I thought I would provide the link for you. Pay special attention to reply #11.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...to-pull-2.html

You never cease to amaze me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
I would do some SERIOUS complaining to Sportkings/creative cardboard concepts/dr price. That should be very embarrassing for them to include such a chopped up signature of one of the greatest known sports figures.

In my opinion, if a company is going to market a product with the hopes of some collector pulling a cut auto 1/1 of Max Baer, and the auto probably wouldn't grade a 4 or 5, they should no longer be in business. It should be shouted to the hills that sk/ccc cares not for their customers.

Now, I hope I'm wrong and not seeing things clearly. I really hope there's a perfectly good explanation for why they did this.

Get them on the line and let them know how upset you are. It's a GREAT card, but a poor attempt by them, and I would consider it a slap in the face had I pulled it.
__________________
Collecting Vintage Detroit Tigers
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #27
slappybag
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,119
Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Hey Wheeler,

Since you did not recognize the Captain using your own word for word diatribe against bad cut signatures I thought I would provide the link for you. Pay special attention to reply #11.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...to-pull-2.html

You never cease to amaze me.
So is this a case of the pot and the kettle? Or just karma? Oh...much rather have a poorly cut Ruth auto than a perfectly cut Max Baer auto anyday...but each to thier own I suppose.
slappybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #28
freethrowtommy
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 31,586
Default

Excellent card, dude!
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
And the Lord said unto John, "come forth and ye shall receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #29
mwheeler27
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
Slap me in my face? Lol ok tough guy.

Tell you what.. Keep on being the hypocrite you are and go F youself.
Nice CBO. Your post has been reported.

Posts like this do NOT belong in this forum. If you can't take and/or handle my rebuttals, don't start it.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #30
mwheeler27
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Hey Wheeler,

Since you did not recognize the Captain using your own word for word diatribe against bad cut signatures I thought I would provide the link for you. Pay special attention to reply #11.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...to-pull-2.html

You never cease to amaze me.
I recognized exactly what he was doing. His comparison is apples to oranges. That Babe Ruth was horribly cut, and very few, IF ANY will disagree. That Baer cut could have possibly been better, but it's not the gross chop shop job that Ruth cut was. That Ruth cut doesn't even fit in the window. They could have cut it bigger had they cared more for their customers.

Keep hating guys. You're getting more and more comical with each hateful post towards me. LOL
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #31
kevinshreves
Member
 
kevinshreves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roanoke TX
Posts: 3,226
Default

Guys and gals, I'm a little confused. Why does everyone give Matt such a hard time? It seems to me that he is a hard core,knowledgeable, reputable collector that never bad-mouths anyone, so whats the deal??? I just dont understand the personal attacks...is it jealousy? Its obvious that he has one of the better PC's on the board, so why the animosity? If I'm missing something please tell me and I'll jump on the bandwagon, but until that happens why don't we just act like mature adults(for those of us that are actually adults)
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:42 AM   #32
Blake
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
Guys and gals, I'm a little confused. Why does everyone give Matt such a hard time? It seems to me that he is a hard core,knowledgeable, reputable collector that never bad-mouths anyone, so whats the deal??? I just dont understand the personal attacks...is it jealousy? Its obvious that he has one of the better PC's on the board, so why the animosity? If I'm missing something please tell me and I'll jump on the bandwagon, but until that happens why don't we just act like mature adults(for those of us that are actually adults)
Matt is annoying in the fact that he worships Dr. Price and his company so much that we're all sick of hearing about it. That's why when his Max Baer cut is slightly cut off, we get to make him feel like **** for bad-mouthing another user's Babe Ruth cut for it being cut off too. He is insanely biased towards Sportkings, and we're all sick of it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:48 AM   #33
kevinshreves
Member
 
kevinshreves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Roanoke TX
Posts: 3,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Matt is annoying in the fact that he worships Dr. Price and his company so much that we're all sick of hearing about it. That's why when his Max Baer cut is slightly cut off, we get to make him feel like **** for bad-mouthing another user's Babe Ruth cut for it being cut off too. He is insanely biased towards Sportkings, and we're all sick of it.


WOW, youve been a member for 2 months!!!! I'm glad you've been able to establish so much knowledge about the members in such a short amount of time. Granted, he does like SK more than most of us....but so what. My gut feeling is most of us on here would trade our entire collection for his SK stuff. From what I have seen being a long term member on here, Matt is very picky on what he buys. If you dont like his collection, then just ignore him!!! I would just like to see people start acting mature rather than the malicous attacks.
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:48 AM   #34
pskell02
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Posts: 17,966
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Matt is annoying in the fact that he worships Dr. Price and his company so much that we're all sick of hearing about it. That's why when his Max Baer cut is slightly cut off, we get to make him feel like **** for bad-mouthing another user's Babe Ruth cut for it being cut off too. He is insanely biased towards Sportkings, and we're all sick of it.
Says the guy who has been here for 3 months

I'll agree with Matt here. He doesn't go out of his way to go into other threads and talk about SK/Dr. Price. I am in agreement with him on the Ruth cut (don't remember everything from the thread so can't say I agree with everything he may have said). Seems like some guys go out of their way to get on his case about things. It needs to stop. Now. Occasional ribbing is one thing, but constantly badgering and belittling him is a different story. I honestly can't recall a single post from Matt saying half of the things some people say about him.
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #35
Blake
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
WOW, youve been a member for 2 months!!!! I'm glad you've been able to establish so much knowledge about the members in such a short amount of time. Granted, he does like SK more than most of us....but so what. My gut feeling is most of us on here would trade our entire collection for his SK stuff. From what I have seen being a long term member on here, Matt is very picky on what he buys. If you dont like his collection, then just ignore him!!! I would just like to see people start acting mature rather than the malicous attacks.
I've read the forums for a lot longer than 2 months... Just because I wasn't a member doesn't mean I couldn't see everything going on. Also, did I or anyone ever say anything about his collection? No... Reread my post.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #36
Blake
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Says the guy who has been here for 3 months

I'll agree with Matt here. He doesn't go out of his way to go into other threads and talk about SK/Dr. Price. I am in agreement with him on the Ruth cut (don't remember everything from the thread so can't say I agree with everything he may have said). Seems like some guys go out of their way to get on his case about things. It needs to stop. Now. Occasional ribbing is one thing, but constantly badgering and belittling him is a different story. I honestly can't recall a single post from Matt saying half of the things some people say about him.
"I own a couple Ruth cut autos, and there's no way I'd buy that card, even if it was from SK, (although SK would never try to pass a card like that onto their customers). I'm probably a little different than some people. I can't stand cut autos that are cut into."

-MWheeler27

I just think it's wrong for him to go and ruin someone else's parade (the Ruth guy) and then people defend him on this one? BS!

Also, there were various points in time that I recall him constantly bringing up SK in other threads. Not gonna take the time to find them though.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #37
37Jetson
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 12,648
Default

Matt went out of his way in 60+ pages of threads earlier in the year to tell all of us what lemmings we were for buying inferior Non-Sportskings Products. When the exact thing that he pined about (badly cut auto) came up heck yes did I feel it was an appropriate for ribbing. Unless Matt is a silent owner of Sportkings there is no way that my labeling of clear hypocrisy could be construed as a personal attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Seems like some guys go out of their way to get on his case about things. It needs to stop. Now. Occasional ribbing is one thing, but constantly badgering and belittling him is a different story. I honestly can't recall a single post from Matt saying half of the things some people say about him.
__________________
Collecting Vintage Detroit Tigers
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #38
sandlotsportcards
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massillon Ohio
Posts: 1,528
Default

Why is Matt's lobbying for SK any different then the people who get a hard on for Exquisite or The Cup? I can't recall names or specific threads but there are quote a few people who swear by UD and bash Panini for their football and basketball cards.
sandlotsportcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #39
mwheeler27
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshreves View Post
Guys and gals, I'm a little confused. Why does everyone give Matt such a hard time?
Thank you and everyone else that clearly sees what's going on here.

I'd like to say that I don't believe that it's more than a handful of people that give me a hard time. It seems like more than that are on me at times, but it's always the same 2 or 3 that get only a few others to join their lynch mob.

I don't mind ribbing at all. I know I have asked for that in the past, but I have never asked for hateful, personal attacks, and the vast majority in this forum knows this. The hateful, personal attacks on members in this forum needs to stop, and I believe it's going to.

It's one thing to make threads bashing a company's product while giving an educated opinion. It's completely different to hatefully attack a member of this forum.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #40
gman71
Member
 
gman71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 6,121
Default

It's the UD ballwashers and those that swear by one company,known for screwing it's customers left and right that can't stand anyone supporting SK or anything not as "superior" as say Upper Deck.

I knew nothing about SK until about a year ago,and had I,my UD purchases would have stopped years ago.

God forbid someone likes a product that actually is a product compared to what the fanboys of UD only know
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #41
chefant73
Member
 
chefant73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lebanon nj
Posts: 729
Default

I Always thought that you should collect what you like. If Matt likes SK....So be it. All i can say is, If you see what he has for sale on COMC, His pc must be out of this world.
__________________
www.checkoutmycards.com/users/chefant73
chefant73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #42
peekaboo
Member
 
peekaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,563
Default

well here are my in person autos of the hottest ladies out there!!!!! They are the kings of the ring lol
__________________
IF YOUR PACKAGE ARRIVES AND YOU SAY YOUR MISSING AN ITEM YOU WILL RETURN EVERYTHING BACK TO ME ON YOUR DIME. After 800+ deals most recently 2 DEALS AND BOTH PEOPLE SAY CARDS WERE MISSING.
peekaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #43
chefant73
Member
 
chefant73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lebanon nj
Posts: 729
Default

Bea Arthur..... what a cougar!
__________________
www.checkoutmycards.com/users/chefant73
chefant73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #44
slappybag
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,119
Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefant73 View Post
I Always thought that you should collect what you like. If Matt likes SK....So be it. All i can say is, If you see what he has for sale on COMC, His pc must be out of this world.
Out of this world indeed...just like those prices on COMC!
slappybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #45
mwheeler27
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappybag View Post
Out of this world indeed...just like those prices on COMC!
Thanks. I sell cards every day on COMC. I hope my prices are okay.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.