AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

Notices

FOOTBALL Post your Football Cards Hobby Talk

Old 09-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #101
dfr52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
Kizer's receivers dropped 8 passes today. I have a hard time finding fault with a rookie quarterback on the road playing a game like that when 8 passes are dropped.
The receivers were terrible today. The made some highlight reel plays but they also dropped a few that looked like routine catches.
dfr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #102
kyle1707

Quote:
Kizer's receivers dropped 8 passes today. I have a hard time finding fault with a rookie quarterback on the road playing a game like that when 8 passes are dropped.
His talent is no better or worse then Watson.. Watson just has better team

Give the guy a year or two and hope for best
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #103
Boo

Quote:
Agreed, 3 picks were not on Kizer.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:40 PM   #104
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
His talent is no better or worse then Watson.. Watson just has better team

Give the guy a year or two and hope for best
read it wrong
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:30 AM   #105
djdevon

Literally too incompetent to win
djdevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:04 AM   #106
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

At this point, you really have to believe the Browns are cursed. Top lottery pick goes down, and they keep finding new and creative ways to win.

Even the Cavs had a few decent playoff years sprinkled in before Lebron with Ehlo and Price. But man...the Browns. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #107
ILOVEBEER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
At this point, you really have to believe the Browns are cursed. Top lottery pick goes down, and they keep finding new and creative ways to win.

Even the Cavs had a few decent playoff years sprinkled in before Lebron with Ehlo and Price. But man...the Browns. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Least competitive team around. Even teams like the Bills and Bengals who are in similar playoff droughts are at least winning. Hue's quote "we have to get better". Really Hue.
ILOVEBEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #108
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Agreed, 3 picks were not on Kizer.
You know what I love about posts like yours, Boo? You make it so easy to point out how clearly obvious it is that you just read that stat sheet and didn't bother watching the game before posting a bunch of emojis that are meant to show how oblivious I must be.

So, Boo. Tell me about each of the situations that Kizer got picked in?

Was is the one where the ball went right through Kenny Britt's hands and into Rashaan Melvin's? Perhaps it was the one when he threw up a prayer with just seconds to go that got picked by Malik Hooker? Or was it the one interception that was clearly on the young rookie when the aforementioned Melvin made a diving grab on an errant pass?

By my count, the rookie quarterback had one interception that was truly his bad, one where his receiver just whiffed on the pass, and one where with almost no time on the clock and forever to go, he tossed up a prayer and got picked. I guess I must be dumb, Boo.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #109
IronMonkey415
Banned

He looks like a Somalian pirate.
IronMonkey415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #110
Boo

Quote:
You know what I love about posts like yours, Boo? You make it so easy to point out how clearly obvious it is that you just read that stat sheet and didn't bother watching the game before posting a bunch of emojis that are meant to show how oblivious I must be.

Was is the one where the ball went right through Kenny Britt's hands and into Rashaan Melvin's? Perhaps it was the one when he threw up a prayer with just seconds to go that got picked by Malik Hooker? Or was it the one interception that was clearly on the young rookie when the aforementioned Melvin made a diving grab on an errant pass?

By my count, the rookie quarterback had one interception that was truly his bad, one where his receiver just whiffed on the pass, and one where with almost no time on the clock and forever to go, he tossed up a prayer and got picked. I guess I must be dumb, Boo.
Must be
Old 09-25-2017, 01:39 PM   #111
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Must be
Care to add any intelligent commentary, Boo? Perhaps you can expand upon what you meant by your post earlier when you felt that Kizer was to blame for all three of his picks. We're all waiting, Boo.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:40 PM   #112
jcardstore

Quote:

Kizer didn't look as bad as people are trying to make it seem. I can't stand when people comment after having watched exactly 0 snaps in the game.

What's even worse is the Browns "fans" on here saying Hue should be fired and Kizer should be benched, and he should have waited behind some other trash QB for a year for literally no good reason.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #113
88horsepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcardstore View Post
Kizer didn't look as bad as people are trying to make it seem. I can't stand when people comment after having watched exactly 0 snaps in the game.

What's even worse is the Browns "fans" on here saying Hue should be fired and Kizer should be benched, and he should have waited behind some other trash QB for a year for literally no good reason.
Right? I watched every snap of that game. Both quarterbacks did some great things and both did some things that leave much to be desired. However, Kizer wasn't given much, if any, support by his receivers who dropped a lot of passes, unnecessarily interfered with defenders resulting in dumb penalties and were directly responsible for at least one turnover (the aforementioned Britt whiff). Kizer is playing in his second full game, on the road. He did some good things and bad things, but certainly didn't play like crap.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #114
jcardstore

Quote:
Right? I watched every snap of that game. Both quarterbacks did some great things and both did some things that leave much to be desired. However, Kizer wasn't given much, if any, support by his receivers who dropped a lot of passes, unnecessarily interfered with defenders resulting in dumb penalties and were directly responsible for at least one turnover (the aforementioned Britt whiff). Kizer is playing in his second full game, on the road. He did some good things and bad things, but certainly didn't play like crap.
Yea, it's pretty damn hard to go out there and be consistent when every drive ends in a 3rd and long because your receivers can't hold the ball. I remember at least 3 1st down catches Britt dropped that were drive killers.

Bottom line: Browns have the worst bunch of WRs in the NFL, hands down. Yes, Kizer threw behind or overthrew several receivers but I'm convinced the Browns win that game had it not been for the WRs/TE killing every other drive by making stupid, lazy mistakes.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #115
gonzagacubs

It's the same dog and pony show each year from Browns fans. About 6 games in, they start talking about next year's draft and who they should pick. Never fails.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #116
TWard
Banned

Quote:
Care to add any intelligent commentary, Boo? Perhaps you can expand upon what you meant by your post earlier when you felt that Kizer was to blame for all three of his picks. We're all waiting, Boo.

Boo doesn’t know how to do that
TWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #117
gonzagacubs

Quote:

Bottom line: Browns have the worst bunch of WRs in the NFL, hands down. .
The Bears disagree with that statement
Old 09-25-2017, 02:11 PM   #118
popmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzagacubs View Post
The Bears disagree with that statement
I think the Browns and/or their fans would take Markus Wheaton and Kendall Wright over Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis. Of course, I could be wrong.
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #119
asujbl

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
I think the Browns and/or their fans would take Markus Wheaton and Kendall Wright over Kenny Britt and Ricardo Louis. Of course, I could be wrong.
100 times out of 100

The only Browns WR's that should even be on the roster are Coleman, Williams, and Leslie... and 2 of those dudes are practice squad players.

I'll keep Higgins around as well just so they actually have 4 guys.

The rest can go.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #120
jcardstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
I would take pretty much anyone over Kenny Britt at this point. He sucks, that's all there is to it.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:26 PM   #121
88horsepower

Quote:
I would take pretty much anyone over Kenny Britt at this point. He sucks, that's all there is to it.
He really is. Doesn't seem to add anything to their roster and appears, at times, to not be giving his all. It's hard to say what his mindset is, but I question his desire.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #122
jcardstore

Quote:
He really is. Doesn't seem to add anything to their roster and appears, at times, to not be giving his all. It's hard to say what his mindset is, but I question his desire.
That's the worst part, it's not like he has no talent he just doesn't want to be out there on the field playing with the Browns and it's sad really.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #123
ninjacookies

Location: All the girls see the (boi)/ Look at his flips / Look at his kards / All they say is (oh boi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzagacubs View Post
It's the same dog and pony show each year from Browns fans. About 6 games in, they start talking about next year's draft and who they should pick. Never fails.
And the only one they got right couldn't put the joint down to save his life.

Pretty lulzy when some of the top names in terms of consistency in the past few seasons have been Andrew Hawkins and Gary Freakin' Barnidge.

To be fair, I don't put this on Kizer. Almost every Browns QB has been thrown into a bottomless pit and fed to the wolves. Little to no help. This extends all the way back to the Couch days.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:43 PM   #124
ntgm37

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
100 times out of 100

The only Browns WR's that should even be on the roster are Coleman, Williams, and Leslie... and 2 of those dudes are practice squad players.

I'll keep Higgins around as well just so they actually have 4 guys.

The rest can go.
Quote:
"Big fan of the Britt signing. Still only 28 and the deal isn't crazy at around 8 a year."

Just saying.

Last edited by ntgm37; 09-26-2017 at 06:57 PM.
ntgm37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:51 PM   #125
sigmachi

Quote:
As a Titans fan I said this every single game for 4 years. It's been an issue with him his whole career. It's just who he is I guess.