Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Shipping

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > FANTASY SPORTS TALK > FANTASY FOOTBALL

Notices

FANTASY FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL fantasy talk here... daily fantasy and leagues.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #426
Dallasfan2131

TRADE ALERT:

Dallas Trades:
Tarek Cohen RB

Gunshow Trades:
1-7
Danny Woodhead
Old 04-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #427
gunshowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasfan2131 View Post
TRADE ALERT:

Dallas Trades:
Tarek Cohen RB

Gunshow Trades:
1-7
Danny Woodhead
demrifnoc, backawardslyish

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #428
SleeperCards

ESPN is down for maintenance. Putting a hold on all trades until it's back up. Will make an announcement when it is back.

Trade in 427 is on pause, I apologize for the poor timing. Again, I will make an announcement when trades are reopen, I believe it will be less than a few days if they are just updating the rookie pool.

On that note, if the rookie pool shows up as Free Agents, this should go without saying, but DO NOT ADD THEM TO YOUR ROSTERS. That will be taken care of with the draft.
SleeperCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #429
Dallasfan2131

I call Barkley....Im sure he'll fall to 1-10 anyway

This might be a good time to open up discussion on 2019 draft picks. I know we spoke and you mentioned concern about getting commitments from all members to be able to trade 1 year in advance.

Being all in and would love to see this go 10++years, I would love to have the flexibility to trade next years picks once a season ends. Even if that means paying for the following season at that time. Especially when the draft rolls around and I need to simply move picks out for roster space, etc.

I just wanted to open this up and get everyone's thoughts on this. Couple questions for you commish if we continue without changes.

1. At what point would we be allowed to move 2019 picks? 2018 Season start? During 2018 draft?

2. When can we pay for this upcoming season?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 04-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #430
SleeperCards

Exclamation

I've talked to some members on here about shifting the 3 year commitment to 5 years, everyone I talked to so far has been "all-in" and on board with extension. The reason for wanting to extend is to keep people from playing this like a 3 year keeper league that they can ditch after the required time. To be clear, I don't think anyone is doing that, but I'd like to take preventative measures to keep that from happening for the good of the league. I've also talked to people that are interested in moving future picks, but in order to feel comfortable doing that I would need an increased commitment level from all the owners.

If anyone here has a problem with extending the commitment from 3 years to 5 years, please post in the thread with reasons so we can discuss it. Again, we signed up for a dynasty league which in theory shouldn't end, we'd just replace dead members :P I would say that if someone wanted to leave after the 5 year period, they would just be required to find a replacement deemed suitable by the commissioner and/or league and if we are having difficulty finding a replacement due to the team being run into the ground, they'd be on the hook for fees or partial fees until a replacement is found. I don't think we'd be looking to replace a lot of people, like I said I know from talking to many of you that you're all-in on this, I just want to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Now as far as future picks are concerned, do we want to require next years dues to be paid in order to trade picks, or is everyone being committed for 5 years a good enough commitment level? Negative feedback as a deterrent really only affects those who use this site for business. I know how about half of you feel, so I'd like to hear from the others that I don't hear from on a regular basis. My fear is that the teams that most likely need their future picks would be the ones most likely to trade them, this could start a heavy unbalancing of power, especially when owners don't take a realistic view of their teams. We're only starting year two right now, only a year removed from our startup, so the teams aren't so far apart, but after a few years of trades it could get ugly.

Please take a moment to chime in with your thoughts on the matters, I know this is a dictatorship league, but I want to know what YOU guys and gals want from the league. Also, if there are things that I could be doing better, please let me know. Feedback is welcomed, even if critical.

And to answer Rob's question about 2019 picks, it would definitely be post 2018 draft, possibly even after 1st game of the season if we don't make any changes.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #431
FBallHobbies

I'm all in for 5 years.
NO STICKER AUTOS -
FBallHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #432
DrAwesome

I'm in for 5 years
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #433
vikingsilver

5 years is fine with me
vikingsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #434
ffwiseguy

My plan was to only be in this league three years. It's not because of anything to do with the actual league itself, it is very well run, and is a fun group of owners. It's just that this is one of my more expensive leagues, and I think I just have more fun with redraft/keeper leagues, so would probably look for a cheaper dynasty league.

That being said, as someone who runs many leagues, I'm very sensitive to owners who throw off the league by not playing the right way. So while I did make some win-now type trades, a lot of that was based on my current roster construction. I am not going to manage this as a two-year league. I will still make moves as if I am staying long-term. At the end of the third year, if I still feel the desire to leave, I will seek out a replacement owner (with Commish's approval), and leave the team in as good of condition as possible for the short and long term. If I am unable to find a replacement, I will continue on as long as needed, and will manage it no differently.
ffwiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #435
SleeperCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwiseguy View Post
My plan was to only be in this league three years. It's not because of anything to do with the actual league itself, it is very well run, and is a fun group of owners. It's just that this is one of my more expensive leagues, and I think I just have more fun with redraft/keeper leagues, so would probably look for a cheaper dynasty league.

That being said, as someone who runs many leagues, I'm very sensitive to owners who throw off the league by not playing the right way. So while I did make some win-now type trades, a lot of that was based on my current roster construction. I am not going to manage this as a two-year league. I will still make moves as if I am staying long-term. At the end of the third year, if I still feel the desire to leave, I will seek out a replacement owner (with Commish's approval), and leave the team in as good of condition as possible for the short and long term. If I am unable to find a replacement, I will continue on as long as needed, and will manage it no differently.
Great post, thanks for the reply.

Still waiting to hear from some people. Please post or PM your thoughts.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:37 AM   #436
Dallasfan2131

I really like what FFwiseguy said as well. That's great perspective for owners that are more on the 3 year time table and see how they feel then.

I have really grown to like the 24 hrs to trump trade aspect of this league. At first, I hated it, but have really come to enjoy and respect the balance it brings to the league; especially in dynasty.

Another case I'd like to make in regards to trading the following years picks is that..I think at the end of each season, as long as a member has paid (if that's agreed upon) for the following season, those picks are free to trade at that time. So you basically paying early to be able to trade those assets. (Note: your only unlocking the following seasons picks- no further) The balance is maintained with the trade trumping and that person is locked if for the next season financially. Helps get commish money early and incentivizes those who do pay early. I think this will also help educate us through experience on the value of picks as a lot of us, including myself, are new to dynasty and picks are ALWAYS the hardest thing the put a value on.

Maybe we try this now and give it a 1 year trial run to see how it works? So as soon as people pay for next season we have access to 2019 picks and then revisit this time next season and see how it went? Thoughts?

Also, I'm committed for 5 years

Last edited by Dallasfan2131; 04-18-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Dallasfan2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #437
SleeperCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasfan2131 View Post
I really like what FFwiseguy said as well. That's great perspective for owners that are more on the 3 year time table and see how they feel then.

I have really grown to like the 24 hrs to trump trade aspect of this league. At first, I hated it, but have really come to enjoy and respect the balance it brings to the league; especially in dynasty.

Another case I'd like to make in regards to trading the following years picks is that..I think at the end of each season, as long as a member has paid (if that's agreed upon) for the following season, those picks are free to trade at that time. So you basically paying early to be able to trade those assets. (Note: your only unlocking the following seasons picks- no further) The balance is maintained with the trade trumping and that person is locked if for the next season financially. Helps get commish money early and incentivizes those who do pay early. I think this will also help educate us through experience on the value of picks as a lot of us, including myself, are new to dynasty and picks are ALWAYS the hardest thing the put a value on.

Maybe we try this now and give it a 1 year trial run to see how it works? So as soon as people pay for next season we have access to 2019 picks and then revisit this time next season and see how it went? Thoughts?

Also, I'm committed for 5 years
Just wanted to address the picks/payment portion of this. I don't think there needs to be any incentive to pay early and definitely wouldn't want there to be an advantage for doing so. Also, as commish I'd like to get all the payments in around the same time instead of tracking people down. I also want to have as little of the league's money as possible in case I was hit by a bus or something. That's why I don't really want people to pay years in advance even though some expressed they were willing to do so.

I'm pretty firmly against trading of future picks right now. This is a lot of people's first dynasty experience and they are still sorting out the entire trades/values thing, I feel like allowing future pick trading will just lead to a faster imbalance. As a commissioner I'd really prefer a league with more parity. I could see maybe opening it up year 3 depending on the landscape of the league at that time, with all owners having a bit more experience then. That said, if 11 of you REALLY want to be able to do that, then it is something I would strongly consider, but my personal stance is against it at the moment.

Thanks to those who have taken a moment to post their thoughts, if you haven't, please do so when you get the chance. I'd really like to hear from everyone.

I have some thoughts on our draft that I'd like to run by everyone, but would like to hear from everyone on the 5 year thing first.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #438
chittychitty844

I am in for 5 yrs and if this comes up again I am in for 7 and 10 and 12 and 15 and 17 and 20 yrs

Great trade policy so far and definitely gives everyone a chance. I do not mind trading future picks if it were limted to being just one year in advance.

This group of folks seems like one of the better groups/league I have been in. Thank You all for that
Old 04-18-2018, 02:38 PM   #439
Dallasfan2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperCards View Post
Just wanted to address the picks/payment portion of this. I don't think there needs to be any incentive to pay early and definitely wouldn't want there to be an advantage for doing so. Also, as commish I'd like to get all the payments in around the same time instead of tracking people down. I also want to have as little of the league's money as possible in case I was hit by a bus or something. That's why I don't really want people to pay years in advance even though some expressed they were willing to do so.

I'm pretty firmly against trading of future picks right now. This is a lot of people's first dynasty experience and they are still sorting out the entire trades/values thing, I feel like allowing future pick trading will just lead to a faster imbalance. As a commissioner I'd really prefer a league with more parity. I could see maybe opening it up year 3 depending on the landscape of the league at that time, with all owners having a bit more experience then. That said, if 11 of you REALLY want to be able to do that, then it is something I would strongly consider, but my personal stance is against it at the moment.

Thanks to those who have taken a moment to post their thoughts, if you haven't, please do so when you get the chance. I'd really like to hear from everyone.

I have some thoughts on our draft that I'd like to run by everyone, but would like to hear from everyone on the 5 year thing first.

Ok Iím with you on the payment aspect of it. Thatís makes sense and I donít really think about you being hit by a bus so it didnít come to mind lol.

That being said if the draft is agreed upon to be held around preseason, thats the point we are able to pay for the upcoming season and next yearís picks are allowed to be traded. About a month or so before league year start so that way youíre not holding money extended timeframe, but we still have the ability to trade picks for the upcoming year.

I would personally just like to have the flexibility to move my 3rd/4th rd picks to next year if I donít like anyone on the board when I draft.

Again, my opinion and Iíve been heard so thatís all wanted. A discussion. I respect wherever it goes from here and whatever decision is made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #440
SleeperCards

ESPN is back up, but we should talk about some things before I reactivate for the 2018 season.

1. What is your preference for draft date?

Earlier drafts usually favor people that did more offseason research, later drafts allow more time to see how players are being talked up or used by coaches, as well as inevitable summer injuries.

Right now I'm toying with a split date draft, an early draft date for Rounds 1 & 2 and a late summer date for rounds 3 & 4. The reasoning would be to not totally take away the offseason work some people put in, as well as adding some value for those later round picks. Pick 3.1 might be a hot commodity come August if there's a player that everyone missed that lights it up in preseason. Again, this is just an idea, let me know your thoughts.

2. Waivers.

I don't have the waiver order we were currently on, so the two options are to either reset based on draft order or lock waivers until the draft. Let me know which you would prefer.

3. Any other suggestions on anything else regarding the league, now is the time to speak up before it's activated.

I made one change from last year, instead of having "East" and "West", it will just be one division. The change is purely aesthetic, as divisions didn't mean anything. This will make it slightly easier to see where you stack up visually.

Please reply to this ASAP, I'd like to get the league activated within 48 hours. The 24 hour clock on that pending trade will start once the league is activated.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #441
gunshowboy

1. No split draft. All one.
2. FAAB
3. Im new. No other suggestions.

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs

Last edited by gunshowboy; 04-25-2018 at 08:01 PM.
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:28 PM   #442
Dallasfan2131

1. All one draft (although I'm intrigued by 2 separate ones, lean only 1 as it adds more value to 3-1 IMO)

2. Original draft order to restart seems fair to start

3. See below
  1. I do like the idea of FAAB. Adds more strategy to Free Agency and would be open to adding this.
  2. Question on the draft. How much time will we receive for trades during the draft? Since it's shorter do we have extra time to negotiate trades if players slide/fall? I see alot of other leagues where this is common for trades so I wanted to ask.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:44 PM   #443
vikingsilver

1. All one draft

2. FAAB

3. n/a
vikingsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:42 AM   #444
cowboysfball30

1. All one draft
2. FAAB

3. Although I’m new, I’ve been playing fantasy football for many, many years. Most leagues I play in are re-draft, but there are a few keeper leagues which have a similar strategy to dynasty leagues. I would like to propose that rosters are reduced by 3-5 spots. Since most league members are the same who originally joined, I know support for this may be tough to get but the reasoning is plain and simple - the free agent pool is comical (and that’s being nice).

This may seem like a big change, but in reality, most teams have 3-5 players rostered who have little to no upside and should already be free agents. Since one of the big touch points in this league is teams remaining competitive, I think this change helps to accomplish that.

Also, I realize the argument that the free agent pool will increase with each new incoming draft class, but I’ll counter that the new incoming draft class will be a wash with players retiring and/or not being signed, so the value of free agency never truly increases.

I’d love to hear other feedback regarding this!
Old 04-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #445
DrAwesome

1. One draft
2. Original draft order to restart
3. I got nothin
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #446
ffwiseguy

1.All one draft
2. Prefer FAAB, but if that's off the table, original draft order to restart
3. I think we need formal rules on the end of season tanking prevention. I think last year's system worked, but we didn't finalize it until the last week of the seaosn, so I think having something written down well in advance (even if it's just posting last year's rules) is good to have.
ffwiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #447
FBallHobbies

1. One draft
2. FAAB, but if not, draft order for restart
3. nothing
NO STICKER AUTOS -
FBallHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:33 PM   #448
TheMosh

1. One Draft
2. FAAB