Blowout Cards Forums
2018 bb pre order

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #301
ssbledsoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantown View Post
I expect Carol to exit in the finalé. Her arc (and it was a pretty amazing arc) seems to have come full circle rescuing Henry, something she might have been able to do for her own daughter if she was then who she is now.

Losing his connection to her is the only reason I can see for Morgan to say "OK, that's all, I'm done, bye."

Oh, and I won't be at all surprised if the Oceanside group end up being the Ewoks of the episode, coming in at the crucial moment and saving everyone with spears and rocks.

Gotta say, I enjoyed the second half of this season much, much more than the first, and am hoping for a strong finish.
The first half of the season was beyond abysmal. I literally fell about a month or so behind on episodes just because they did absolutely nothing to draw me in. I'm currently up to date, but they wasted half a season here.

Drew Bledsoe is a better QB than your favorite QB
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:40 AM   #302
seabass97166

Tonight is the finale..is Negan going to get killed or throw in jail?
Eugene hero? Who is going down - If Rick spares Negan because of the Carl letters that would be idiotic - Rick is cold blooded and just killed some of the prisoners that helped him and Morgan escape “I lied” ...so he better just kill Negan on their 1 on 1 tonight
seabass97166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:58 PM   #303
jdandns

Was the vision of Negan working on the farm with the good guys Carl's dream or a glimpse of the actual future on the show? Even if Negan somehow did join up with Rick's group, I'd have to insist he wore different clothes, and obviously, Lucille could only be brought out during softball games, with certainly, the barb wire removed, so as to not damage the ball.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM   #304
Postman

My feeling is Rick will have a chance to kill Negan and wont because of Carls letter. I think this would be incredibly stupid. This pic was in one of the first episodes for the second half. I wonder if we will see this tonight.

Last edited by Postman; 04-15-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Postman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #305
ThoseBackPages

as a book reader, i cant see how they wrap up the war in 35 minutes this week
are REAL!!!
ThoseBackPages is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:52 PM   #306
jdandns

The programming guide shows tonight is 70 minutes including commercials, so there must be a little more actual content than 35 minutes, I'm thinking 36, maybe 37 minutes.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #307
ThoseBackPages

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandns View Post
The programming guide shows tonight is 70 minutes including commercials, so there must be a little more actual content than 35 minutes, I'm thinking 36, maybe 37 minutes.
LOL! fair enough. AMC seems more worried about FEAR nowadays
are REAL!!!
Old 04-15-2018, 09:53 PM   #308
Brobocop

I didn’t like this episode, I LOVED IT! This really has redeemed the show in my eyes. Things finally, FINALLY, paid off for once.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:16 PM   #309
Cliffroach

So everyone just shook hands and started working together - little hard to believe but hey it is TV. TV wear a guy gets his throat cut and lives. But here’s the most interesting thing for me - Rick vs. Maggie/Darryl. Nah. No thanks.
Cliffroach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:29 PM   #310
ThoseBackPages

i was right

that was horrible
are REAL!!!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:29 PM   #311
ThoseBackPages

if someone doesnt read the book, i could see them loving it
are REAL!!!
Old 04-16-2018, 12:08 AM   #312
SDcardguy24

-All the Oceanside group hype and they get a small cameo Maybe they will be more important going forward

-I was hoping for a better fight between Negan and Rick

-No main character deaths huh? I thought Tara was going to die at one point.

-I'm to miss Dwight
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:22 AM   #313
jdandns

Happy with the finale. I figured Eugene had something up his sleeve. I liked all the closeup shots of various characters' eyes. Still wish Carl was alive, but they've still got a pretty good story going, so I'll definitely watch next season, too.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #314
rmw10

Not a fan of the finale. Wasn't the worst episode in recent history, but entirely too predictable and of course, illogical. It was obvious that Eugene was going to flip the script and it was obvious that Rick was going to let Negan live. The only mild surprise was that Rick did anything at all too him.

This whole Maggie + Jesus + Daryl vs. Rick + Michonne feud is ridiculous. Pretty much every single person in that large group besides Rick, Michonne, and the new doctor guy wants Negan dead. Instead of acting on that at the time (you mean you can't restrain those 3) and finishing the deed, they're now going to have war against each other. I'm not sure how it's presented in the comics, but it's a major flaw regardless. Restrain them, let Negan pass, and figure it out later. I mean, even Jesus who is the no killing angel on your shoulder, thinks Negan should have died.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76326578@N05/albums
rmw10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #315
IndySportsCards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
-I'm to miss Dwight
My guess is he joins up with his wife, who is now Alpha, leader of the Whisperers (leader for a while at least)
Old 04-16-2018, 09:19 AM   #316
Jericho

What an entire waste of a season. Hell the whole show has been a waste since Negan showed up. The payoff had to be his death, but no, instead CARL dies so that Negan can live. All because Scott Gimple is a moron and couldn't figure out any other way for Rick to let Negan live. Here's a thought, just let Rick kill him. That made the most sense, everyone there would have wanted that after what he did to Glenn. They make Rick look so dumb this entire season, the only thing that would have saved him was killing Negan. It sucks because Rick is my favorite but they really make him make the dumbest decisions. Can't blame Maggie for wanting Negan dead, maybe the new writer will have the balls to actually kill Negan next season, but not if Gimple has any input. Hilarious that Jesus who doesn't want anyone to kill anyone, was on board with Maggie's plan. That made zero sense. As did them letting all the saviors live, after they just tried to kill you WTF?! Especially that lady (Laura I think) who ratted out Dwight. No way would she just change and say "Ya know what? You guys are right, lets braid each others hair and plant flowers. So once again, this was the worst season they've had, which is saying something since its been bad the last few years. And in closing....Carl is dead BUT Tara, Rosita, Eugene, Gabriel, Negan, Carol, Jesus, Maggie, Aaron, Enid, Henry, Ezekiel, Gregory, Daryl, and hell even Morgan are alive?! Yeah killed the future for those awful characters.
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #317
no10pin

I thought the finale was a good show, although a bit predictable. It just felt a little rushed, given that the last two years of television has only comprised a couple of months in their world. My wife was looking for Maggie's next boyfriend last night, and I had to remind her that she's not even showing from her pregnancy from Glenn yet.

I agree with the above, I'm not buying Maggie/Jesus/Darryl as the bad guys next year. Hope that gets wrapped up quickly and onto the next group.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:31 AM   #318
seabass97166

Very predictable and not a very good episode, with no major deaths.
Bleh! Dwight is the best character on the show, that pretty much says it all.
seabass97166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #319
ThoseBackPages

Quote:
Originally Posted by no10pin View Post
I thought the finale was a good show, although a bit predictable. It just felt a little rushed, given that the last two years of television has only comprised a couple of months in their world. My wife was looking for Maggie's next boyfriend last night, and I had to remind her that she's not even showing from her pregnancy from Glenn yet.

I agree with the above, I'm not buying Maggie/Jesus/Darryl as the bad guys next year. Hope that gets wrapped up quickly and onto the next group.
seems like "Dante" is already there! LOL
are REAL!!!
Old 04-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #320
ThoseBackPages

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
My guess is he joins up with his wife, who is now Alpha, leader of the Whisperers (leader for a while at least)
i like this theory, but Dwight CANNOT be Beta!
are REAL!!!
Old 04-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #321
nera20

i wish i had read the comics this season kinda confusing as to where they are going with things, the show has kinda run its course
Old 04-16-2018, 11:52 AM   #322
bblair_2002

Aren't The Walking Dead and Fear on 2 different timelines? Seemed like Fear started just as the apocalypse began,yet Morgan has spent the past 8 seasons off and on with Rick and now he's joining the Fear group in real time compared to the original show. Something just seems off with me.
bblair_2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 PM   #323
rmw10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblair_2002 View Post
Aren't The Walking Dead and Fear on 2 different timelines? Seemed like Fear started just as the apocalypse began,yet Morgan has spent the past 8 seasons off and on with Rick and now he's joining the Fear group in real time compared to the original show. Something just seems off with me.
They're doing a time jump in Fear - 2 years I believe. Morgan got his entrance into the show and I assume they'll be heavy on flashbacks in the first few episodes to show how the crew got to where they are.

Part of me wishes they hadn't done the time jump because season 3 of Fear was actually really good. I think the open universe they had by not having to adhere to the comics was huge for them. Now, with Morgan involved, I have this gut feeling they're going to try to make it like the original somehow. Gimple has increased involvement this season so I'm not expecting much, which is unfortunate.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76326578@N05/albums
rmw10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #324
carlo16

They should have done FTWD in real time like 24. Get to see the fall of society during the zombie apocalypse. That would have kicked ass.
carlo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #325
Brobocop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo16 View Post
They should have done FTWD in real time like 24. Get to see the fall of society during the zombie apocalypse. That would have kicked ass.
I dunno if an hour by hour approach would have worked, but I would have rather not even seen a zombie in FTWD until the end of the first season. You'd hear about them here and there but you'd get to see the first hand disbelief turn into terror as people realize what's going on. It just went way too fast. They had that one card to play and they couldn't play it fast enough.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote