AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

Notices

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby Talk

Old 07-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #176
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
That makes sense. It prevents sellers from cherry picking the known homeruns and rewards those who support all nonsports products that UD cranks out (even the stinkers).
I don't think there is a such thing as a 'known homerun" in today's marketplace. Look at Ultra spider-Man or GOTG2. Both of those should have been hits, neither were.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:20 PM   #177
finfangfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't think there is a such thing as a 'known homerun" in today's marketplace. Look at Ultra spider-Man or GOTG2. Both of those should have been hits, neither were.
True, but GotG2's auto hits pailed in comparison to GotG1. At least MP's success is not contingent on an auto list (which is hit or miss for every set). So, if I was in the business of busting cases (and I'm not), I would view MP 2017 as a much less risky investment than any movie set that might or might not have a hot auto signer that would make the case price worthwhile.

The Marvel Premier brand is the blue chip stock of the nonsports card world. 2 releases (so far) and 2 home runs. Most surefire hit of any set out there.

Fleer Spidey suffered from poor card design. The coin cards should have popped (like the CAP coin cards)

Instead we got a bleached out mess devoid of color and too much of a gap between the coin and card...

finfangfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #178
Sharard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post

Well Spider-Man did well for me on ebay selling sets and all the hits, but most definitely tailed off after about 45 days.

My own opinion neither sustained any type of momentum was Spider-Man was very heavily printed, like 16-18k cases and just to much out there, and GOTG2 , Upper Deck really missed the mark having no chris pratt and then misleading people on the hits per box, where some cases had 3 to 4 boxes wouldn't even have like 20 in value.

Again, this is only my opinion, but premier is about close to a homerun,( maybe a solid double?) because you know the product is limited. But ill need to see the over all quality of the sketches if this product will have any long staying power like 2012 or be a 2014 that now can be had at 200 a box. And interested in what epack will do to physical release .

Last edited by Sharard; 07-13-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Sharard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #179
Spider-Fan

Everything is contingent on something.

GOTG2 didn't deliver on the autograph list, but you had no way of knowing that when pre-ordering a month in advance.

MP is contingent on sketch quality. There are no guarantees there. And the sophomore release was hardly a homerun by comparison to the first. Sketch quality was down and the base cards didnt have even close to the same resale value. If this drops an equivalent amount, it will be a hit for some breakers but a miss for others.

As Shared said, it helps that it's limited. But the fact that it's limited is sort of an illusion too. Physical is limited. The actual case count should still be a little higher than 2012 and I'm skeptical that the art will deliver the same overall quality as 2012. Sure the previews were nice... but those are cherry picked cards from the most desirable artists in the set. The previews are equally good for the best sets and the worst.

2012 = 50 base x199 / 2 per pack = 4975 packs
2014 = 60 base x199, x25, x1 / 2 per pack = 6750 packs
2017 = 55 base x125, x50, x10, x5 / 2 per pack = 5225 packs

Those are my thoughts. I'm in for the group break but wouldn't dream of breaking this product by the case for resale.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #180
BHotz

Quote:
The Marvel Premier brand is the blue chip stock of the nonsports card world. 2 releases (so far) and 2 home runs. Most surefire hit of any set out there.
Wait, what? Am I missing something. MP14's initial price point was highly inflated because of the success of MP12. Then like NO ONE bought any at ~$300 a box. There were countless complaints (a ton here if you look) of the much weaker product and how it was silly for the markup before we knew about the quality.

Not saying it totally bombed but it wasn't on par with MP12 and it took months before people started breaking the stuff in large quantitites.

Quote:
MP is contingent on sketch quality. There are no guarantees there. And the sophomore release was hardly a homerun by comparison to the first. Sketch quality was down and the base cards didnt have even close to the same resale value. If this drops an equivalent amount, it will be a hit for some breakers but a miss for others.
Quote:
Yup, yup.
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #181
daviswr7

Updates on this? Still 07/19?
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #182
UpperDeckMatt
Upper Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Updates on this? Still 07/19?
I haven't been told otherwise.
UpperDeckMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #183
Sharard

I think its a go. Homecoming was pushed back and the people I ordered from have asked for payment. I really cant recall once ive been asked to pay, the product wasn't released as planned But guess always a first time.

I know Ill will lose lots of money opening this, but I missed 2012 and only opened a few 2014. The fun I had with JJMP was a blast

Some personal stuff has happened in real life that lets me know that life can change any minute. I'm going to have fun and be broke heh.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #184
nanners13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharard View Post
I think its a go. Homecoming was pushed back and the people I ordered from have asked for payment. I really cant recall once ive been asked to pay, the product wasn't released as planned But guess always a first time.

I know Ill will lose lots of money opening this, but I missed 2012 and only opened a few 2014. The fun I had with JJMP was a blast

Some personal stuff has happened in real life that lets me know that life can change any minute. I'm going to have fun and be broke heh.

I'm with ya! LETS GO BROKE TOGETHERRRRRrrrrrrrrr Heeyah!
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #185
Sharard

sketch question What is used to ship and protect the panel sketch cards that you don't want to bend.. These are thicker, well 2014 ones were.. Would appreciate any advice on how you would ship these rather stick in between card board naked. Iron man for example from 2014

My case count comes out to 825 unless I'm missing something and I know I am.

If the shadow box is 2 per case and non numbered busts are 3
per case, that leaves 1 hit that either is going to be a hellfire sketch or a gold bust ltfx per 6 box case. Math seems to say Hellfire is 15 x 30= 450 and gold LTFX busts is 25 x 15=375, 450 +375= 825.

Yes I was bored this morning.

Last edited by Sharard; 07-24-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:42 AM   #186
slidethefive

Quote:
sketch question What is used to ship and protect the panel sketch cards that you don't want to bend.. These are thicker, well 2014 ones were.. Would appreciate any advice on how you would ship these rather stick in between card board naked. Iron man for example from 2014

per case, that leaves 1 hit that either is going to be a hellfire sketch or a gold bust ltfx per 6 box case. Math seems to say Hellfire is 15 x 30= 450 and gold LTFX busts is 25 x 15=375, 450 +375= 825.

What I do is take 2 penny sleeves and slide each sleeve on opposite ends. They will overlap and provide coverage for the whole card. I will then put the card between 2 pieces of 1/8" cardboard.
slidethefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #187
Spider-Fan

Quote:

Ship them in the original packaging.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #188
daviswr7

Apologies if this is already been discussed, but what do we expect the MSRP is going to be per E-Pack???
Old 07-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #189
Sharard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviswr7 View Post
Apologies if this is already been discussed, but what do we expect the MSRP is going to be per E-Pack???

Have the past e pack releases including Joe Jusko about the same as the physical releases when they were newly released?

Or does the 289 price seem higher than the UD suggested retail price should be?

I have been watching past you tubes of 2012 and 2014. Both seemed to have varying quality from outstanding to under whelming though it seemed to be more common in 2014 stuff.

And it seemed 2012 had quite a few boxes with extra sketch or cards.

I'm assuming most of the success or failure will come down to the over all quality of sketches for this release. though the inserts seems quite nice.

And why no preview of this from upper deck to show off what these loo like before release? ----to Upperdeck Matt

Last edited by Sharard; 07-15-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:37 PM   #190
daviswr7

Will this be the most expensive E-Pack product to date??
Old 07-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #191
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Have the past e pack releases including Joe Jusko about the same as the physical releases when they were newly released?

Or does the 289 price seem higher than the UD suggested retail price should be?

I have been watching past you tubes of 2012 and 2014. Both seemed to have varying quality from outstanding to under whelming though it seemed to be more common in 2014 stuff.

And it seemed 2012 had quite a few boxes with extra sketch or cards.

I'm assuming most of the success or failure will come down to the over all quality of sketches for this release. though the inserts seems quite nice. Should be able to find them if you are interested.

And why no preview of this from upper deck to show off what these loo like before release? ----to Upperdeck Matt
From what I recall, almost all of our 2014 group break cases had a few extra cards also.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:49 PM   #192
aggie4ever

The question will be if they sell it by the box (at $250-300), or if they do single card "packs" (at $50-60). If they do single card packs, where 2 out of 5 packs will be a single base card, will people open them at $50?

I know a lot of people assume this will be very popular on epack, since MM was. However, it's a lot different being able to open a $15 pack with the chance to hit a big hit versus paying $50 or $250.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:27 PM   #193
daviswr7

All good questions....that being said, it's safe to say this will be the Highest EPACK release to date?

And I was under the impression it would be a FULL pack/EPACK release. Not a single card at a time...Matt can u confirm??? Also a price would nice...
Old 07-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #194
aggie4ever

There has been no indication it will be single card packs on epack, that is a guess on my part based on the cost of the boxes. I just have a hard time believing the cheapest option to buy any will be $250-300.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #195
baseballbunez

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
There has been no indication it will be single card packs on epack, that is a guess on my part based on the cost of the boxes. I just have a hard time believing the cheapest option to buy any will be $250-300.
Ultimate hockey is $250 per pack on ePack, so there is precedent
baseballbunez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:47 PM   #196
daviswr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballbunez View Post
Ultimate hockey is $250 per pack on ePack, so there is precedent
Geez that just feels high for a "point and click". Just feels really really high without having wax in ur fingers...just my opinion..
Old 07-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #197
Sharard

I'm guessing in the 250 area as I was able to get my 4 cases at 259, 1555 a case. That was the best early price I could get. No idea the mark up of these were. Price seemed high but at the time , I simply couldn't find a better price with buyers that had clout with upper deck. These are paid for and confirmed allotted to me.

Really will be interesting to see the e pack effect early on as there wasn't this around with last premier ...I'll admit I'm hoping that singles sells decent enough I can keep what I want and not lose a lot. I not expecting a profit by no means but can make the loss less painful.

I do admit, it'll be sad not to see as many breaks on line as the past .

Last edited by Sharard; 07-16-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #198
Spider-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
The question will be if they sell it by the box (at $250-300), or if they do single card "packs" (at $50-60). If they do single card packs, where 2 out of 5 packs will be a single base card, will people open them at $50?

I know a lot of people assume this will be very popular on epack, since MM was. However, it's a lot different being able to open a $15 pack with the chance to hit a big hit versus paying $50 or $250.
I assume it will be popular on epack, because it will be the only place people can find it. Honestly $250 seems high to me, but they keep pushing the price on these. In my mind it's still a $180-$200 product.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:31 AM   #199
nanners13

[QUOTE=Spider-Fan;12522594[B]]From what I recall, almost all of our 2014 group break cases had a few extra cards also

i was going to say (you beat me to it) I opened 8 cases of 2014, ALL of them (when opening by the case) one or two boxes in each case DID have a extra Single sketch Hit, so speaking for last go around, most cases included a extra sketch hit
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 AM   #200
Spider-Fan

[QUOTE=nanners13;12523241]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan;12522594[B
]From what I recall, almost all of our 2014 group break cases had a few extra cards also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan;12522594[B

i was going to say (you beat me to it) I opened 8 cases of 2014, ALL of them (when opening by the case) one or two boxes in each case DID have a extra Single sketch Hit, so speaking for last go around, most cases included a extra sketch hit
This may be completely wring, but going from memory... The packs that didn't have an extra thick insert card like the letters usually had an extra base card or sketch single. It certainly was a bonus if you had a very late pick because base cards were easy to sell (even though the prices they were selling for weren't great).