Blowout Cards Forums
April Showers

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams

Notices

Member Sales/Trade Feedback & Hobby Scams Share feedback on Buyers, Sellers, and Traders

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
gunshowboy

Default theplane

theplane -- CJ Meyer

so i ask about this card and get the response

"Looking for 90 DLVD, but open to offers"

as to which i respond "ill take it" and proceed to pay.

130pm card is paid and deal done.

8.5 hrs later i receive this

"I had no idea that the card I was selling was worth 60 dollars more than I asked. I am very sorry to do this, but I was hoping we could agree to cancel the transaction, and I will refund your money. I know this is very rude and obnoxious to do, but 60 dollars means a lot to me right now, and I was hoping you could be a good samaritan and cancel this transaction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Bowman-Chrome...item4cf84c066c"

of which i replied

"Because I am a good samiritan and I want the card, even though the deal was done way before this card ever sold, how bout I give you 30 gift and we call it done"

no response

blah blah blah its a long drawn out story -- no two ways around it. the kid is full of lies and does need to be dealt with on this board. I received my refund a few minutes ago and will be leaving negative feedback after this to keep this from happening to someone else.

Suffers from Chuck Knoblauch Disease
Old 07-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
Cpr1981
Banned

I guess you were right about him sending you a refund...sucks! Maybe I should send him a pm and see if he'll take $90 today, don't think there are any ending any time soon!

C
Old 07-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
lemur01

Its been a rough weekend hasn't it? lol

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
theplane

Why don't you post everything that went on between us? Less than an hour after receiving the offer for 30 extra dollars at midnight, and before I could respond, I received this message:

"our deal was done before that card ever sold there was not a value on a gold auto anywhere to be found. i retract my offer because you cant seem to respond."

The first part of his response was simply not true. There had been two similar cards, one graded and one not that had sold before I even made a mistake with my offer. I had been judging mine off of the sterling auto, which sold for 80, not the chrome auto, which sold for 150. Essentially, you were trying to get a card from me for 90 dollars, that was worth about 150. I was hoping you wouldn't try to take advantage of my honest mistake, but evidently you did. The second part of his response is all too true. I had gone to bed - after all it was nearing midnight so it was improbable that I would respond until morning.

Finally, and possibly the most important detail you left out of your tirade, was the fact that you tried to extort the card from me by threatening me with various punishments. This is the message you sent me:

"Now you can refund my money and back out of the deal. You will receive a negative feedback. I will make sure everyone here knows what happened and on every other board I'm on will know as well... I will also notify paypal of the situation and what occurred."

He went on to say that if I did what he wanted me to do, he would not go on to do any of the things he threatened. I believe this is referred to as "feedback extortion".

All I am trying to say is that just because one deal went wrong, and it was my fault that it did, I am still a respectable member of this community and I hope we can continue to work together so I can get past this "bump in the road".
Old 07-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
theplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshowboy View Post

so i ask about this card and get the response

"Looking for 90 DLVD, but open to offers"

as to which i respond "ill take it" and proceed to pay.

130pm card is paid and deal done.

8.5 hrs later i receive this

"I had no idea that the card I was selling was worth 60 dollars more than I asked. I am very sorry to do this, but I was hoping we could agree to cancel the transaction, and I will refund your money. I know this is very rude and obnoxious to do, but 60 dollars means a lot to me right now, and I was hoping you could be a good samaritan and cancel this transaction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-Bowman-Chrome...item4cf84c066c"

of which i replied

"Because I am a good samiritan and I want the card, even though the deal was done way before this card ever sold, how bout I give you 30 gift and we call it done"

no response

blah blah blah its a long drawn out story -- no two ways around it. the kid is full of lies and does need to be dealt with on this board. I received my refund a few minutes ago and will be leaving negative feedback after this to keep this from happening to someone else.
I am so sorry that I didn't respond in a one hour time frame from when you made this offer, to when you retracted it. And this happened at a time when most people [on the East coast] are asleep.

Last edited by theplane; 07-04-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #6
vatechhokiefan

You should have honored your original deal. It is not the buyer's fault you didn't do your homework. Now you're trying to make excuses to make yourself look better.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #7
FavresReturn

Plane- There was an agreement.. AND payment was sent.. end of story.. AND gunshow even offered 30 more dollars.. you said books 60 more.. so that would make it 120 for a card that books/sells 150. And on this site the purpose being to avoid ebay fees and a little cheaper.. he didn't even need to offer you more money

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
Old 07-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
theplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FavresReturn View Post
Plane- There was an agreement.. AND payment was sent.. end of story.. AND gunshow even offered 30 more dollars.. you said books 60 more.. so that would make it 120 for a card that books/sells 150. And on this site the purpose being to avoid ebay fees and a little cheaper.. he didn't even need to offer you more money
I would have accepted this, had he not retracted the offer before I had time to respond. Did you not read my responses?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #9
BOWMANLORD99
Banned

karma proves its powers again.........I knew it would..

Everyone wants to attack me...but this guy is a pita creating threads about everyone...people will soon realize he isn't a good member and he is out to take advantage of people on this site. theplane don't worry, I am on your side and if you want to seek legal action against him you can join in my crusade...
Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #10
gunshowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMANLORD99 View Post

Everyone wants to attack me...but this guy is a pita creating threads about everyone...people will soon realize he isn't a good member and he is out to take advantage of people on this site. theplane don't worry, I am on your side and if you want to seek legal action against him you can join in my crusade...
once again, you sir, have proved your ignorance

p.s. read dipstick and please stay away from me and my threads

Suffers from Chuck Knoblauch Disease
Old 07-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
theplane

Can't we get along?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #12
theplane

Honestly, I screwed up. I'm not trying to make myself "look better". I am simply filling in more of what happened so people can get both sides of the story before they judge. 60 dollars is a lot of money, and while I should have honored it, if it meant the difference between paying for food and getting trashed in a thread, I would rather get trashed in a thread.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #13
BOWMANLORD99
Banned

theplane you dont need to explain yourself to these people!! You are new and he tried to take advantage of you......that is what kills the hobby.....
Old 07-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #14
BOWMANLORD99
Banned

I hope you have money, when you get the lawsuit...better not spend it on cards......
Old 07-04-2011, 11:19 PM   #15
Cpr1981
Banned

I doubt theplane, or anyone else, wants you fighting alongside them dude.

You're a joke and everyone here knows it.

Quote:

Quote:
theplane you dont need to explain yourself to these people!! You are new and he tried to take advantage of you......that is what kills the hobby.....
Quote:
I hope you have money, when you get the lawsuit...better not spend it on cards......
Old 07-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #16
BOWMANLORD99
Banned

wow his buddy made his entrance does gunshow pay you to stand in his corner...is he taking you to bed tonite lol

Im the joke bc gunshow sends me a damaged card I paid for.....you and everyone on this site is a joke......

This deal is exposing your boy for what he is........he will take advantage of anyone he can....he did it to me with a small deal thinking I wouldnt get upset, but im like wolffer12, it is not the price of the transaction it is the principle....and now you try to take advantage of a new member....

You all are bullies...and this site will be better when all of you are gone from it......

Last edited by BOWMANLORD99; 07-04-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #17
Cpr1981
Banned

Quote:
wow his buddy made his entrance does gunshow pay you to stand in his corner...is he taking you to bed tonite lol

Im the joke bc gunshow sends me a damaged card I paid for.....you and everyone on this site is a joke......
Me and everyone else IS a joke?

Last edited by Cpr1981; 07-04-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
BOWMANLORD99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpr1981 View Post
Me everyone else IS a joke?
yea because you are in the wrong......all I hear from people is this site is not what it was bc of bullies like you....people tell me they dont even want to do deals on here anymore....quit this bs....quit calling people out gunshow and handle your business like a man....you little boy...
Old 07-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #19
7290morint

Quote:

This deal is exposing your boy for what he is........he will take advantage of anyone he can....he did it to me with a small deal thinking I wouldnt get upset, but im like wolffer12, it is not the price of the transaction it is the principle....and now you try to take advantage of a new member....

You all are bullies...and this site will be better when all of YOU (bowmanlord99) are gone from it......
Here I fixed your post for you. If everyone on this site is a joke then why don't you just leave? I'm pretty sure you will not be missed. Furthermore, I really can't wait to see this "lawsuit" that is going to be brought forth.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #20
BOWMANLORD99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
Here I fixed your post for you. If everyone on this site is a joke then why don't you just leave? I'm pretty sure you will not be missed. Furthermore, I really can't wait to see this "lawsuit" that is going to be brought forth.
another bully....I knew youd show up you cant stay away, when I leave it wont be a better place , when you leave it will..because if I ever leave Im taking this whole place down with me
Old 07-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #21
7290morint

Quote:
another bully....I knew youd show up you cant stay away, when I leave it wont be a better place , when you leave it will..because if I ever leave Im taking this whole place down with me
And the laughs keep on coming. The best part is that you are the one who has continuously made threats, yet everybody else is the bully.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #22
BOWMANLORD99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7290morint View Post
And the laughs keep on coming. The best part is that you are the one who has continuously made threats, yet everybody else is the bully.
You dont even know what a bully means do you....a bully is someone like you and your pals who constantly attack people and do it in numbers which you are doing
Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #23
lemur01

Quote:
You mean like with guns and stink bombs?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #24
Cpr1981
Banned

Quote:
Seems like you are the one who can't stay away...quit trolling these boards looking to add your poorly worded two cents. No one takes you seriously, no one will care when you leave (or are forced to leave) and no one believes you when you make your little threats...so just keep calling everyone bullies and threatening law suits...It's quite entertaining.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
BOWMANLORD99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpr1981 View Post
Seems like you are the one who can't stay away...quit trolling these boards looking to add your poorly worded two cents. No one takes you seriously, no one will care when you leave (or are forced to leave) and no one believes you when you make your little threats...so just keep calling everyone bullies and threatening law suits...It's quite entertaining.
and when the truth comes in!! and your boy is crying, you wont be laughing...I will
Closed Thread