Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Off Topic

Notices

Off Topic This section may contain threads that are NSFW. This section is given a bit of leeway on some of the rules and so you may see some mild language and even some risqué images. Please no threads about race, religion, politics, or sexual orientation. Please no self promotion, sign up, or fundraising threads.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #76
Orangejello727

We don't have any of the mentioned places to eat up here north of the border. We also don't have any religious notation written on the boxes and cups we drink out of. But we do have french on them. Is that the same?

If I want chicken up here, I go to Swiss Chalet, KFC or Popeyes.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #77
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I believe the ones that are not in the usual southern areas are actually owned by the PFG group. If you notice the oddball locations always seem to be on college campuses. I know the NYU one is PFG. The problem is, they do not follow the same standards as company owned stores. Heavy use of heat lamps, McDonald' level customer service, never as clean, and food is just not the same.

To paraphrase a wise man, you can't taste politics, baby!
they've been in northwest Ohio since atleast the 1980's. Pretty sure that's not the south
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #78
greentown

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
they've been in northwest Ohio since atleast the 1980's. Pretty sure that's not the south
As stated they usually are located in the south. Notice i also mentioned the one in NYC.
greentown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #79
TOMBB25

The company makes good food at good prices.
The company seems to treat their employees very well.
The establishments are clean.
The employees are very friendly and welcoming.

The owner is a Christian. OH NO!!!!!

In the society we live in today people would rather someone own a company and participate in the sex trade then actually stand up for their religious beliefs.

The company makes good food, their employees are friendly and from what I've heard they have NEVER turned anyone away from eating at their restaurants because of these beliefs, so who cares.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #80
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
In 'n Out does that with their packaging as well.
And like Chick-Fil-A, they have some of the tastiest fast food and best service in the industry.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #81
JosieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
I respect you, Josie, but there's a significant difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament. If you're going to include the Bible in an argument, at least understand the ramifications of your statement.
I apologize if I offended you.

Day of Breakfast Fundraising: $480
Current total: $130
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #82
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMBB25 View Post
The company makes good food at good prices.
The company seems to treat their employees very well.
The establishments are clean.
The employees are very friendly and welcoming.

The owner is a Christian. OH NO!!!!!

In the society we live in today people would rather someone own a company and participate in the sex trade then actually stand up for their religious beliefs.

The company makes good food, their employees are friendly and from what I've heard they have NEVER turned anyone away from eating at their restaurants because of these beliefs, so who cares.
Because being Christian and having family values is not in style right now with the liberal media. It is as simple as that. People attempted to trash this company for their godly beliefs but failed. Gays organized their kissing days on Chick-Fil-A property but it had no impact. Plain and simple if you do not agree with current trends such as homosexuality you are deemed a hater of all things free.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #83
ManInTheMirror
Banned

Just got back from doing some Christmas shopping. You are dang sure I was in the mood for some Chick-Fil-A!! Mmm spicy chicken sandwich, waffle fries....so yummy! Great service as usual, even when we were finishing up and chatting a gentleman came up and asked us if we needed refills and got them for us. He even asked if our baby had been there before and he was excited to hear it was her first visit ever.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #84
mike barnes

was lunch i must have missed the Christian propaganda all over the place and the gay bashing I must have missed it, good food decent price and always welcoming to everyone i was there with a buddy during that whole issue and people were super hateful to the people working there (because they make the rules and speak for top management) if ya dont like it dont go there more food for the rest of us :special::special:
mike barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #85
lambeauleap87

Some of the best chicken around...had never had it for real (just the sandwiches they sold at Akron Aeros' games from a warmer) until we stopped on the way to Florida last year, and it was just incredible. Now, I go once every week or two to the one in Columbus on Broad Street. Hard to beat any of it.

People who don't eat there based on the owner's beliefs are hilarious to me. The same people who don't eat there because he's a Christian have no problem with the ethical dilemmas of other companies.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #86
tajikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
I apologize if I offended you.
You didn't offend me at all, Josie.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:48 AM   #87
bkovach06
Banned

for a "fast food" joint, by far the best service you can get, hands down.
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #88
xbignick

How good can chicken really be? Is this in the context of versus other fast food chicken? Never been there.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #89
oldgoldy97

Might try it for the first time today. What is the food of choice?

The best part of visiting Wisconsin? Leaving.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #90
fm8418

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Because being Christian and having family values is not in style right now with the liberal media. It is as simple as that. People attempted to trash this company for their godly beliefs but failed. Gays organized their kissing days on Chick-Fil-A property but it had no impact. Plain and simple if you do not agree with current trends such as homosexuality you are deemed a hater of all things free.
if you believe homosexuality is a trend then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
umm chicken, that's all they really have. Nuggets or sandiwch, both our good.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #91
WCTYSON
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Some of the best chicken around...had never had it for real (just the sandwiches they sold at Akron Aeros' games from a warmer) until we stopped on the way to Florida last year, and it was just incredible. Now, I go once every week or two to the one in Columbus on Broad Street. Hard to beat any of it.

People who don't eat there based on the owner's beliefs are hilarious to me. The same people who don't eat there because he's a Christian have no problem with the ethical dilemmas of other companies.
Two of the dumbest individuals that we have here. It has nothing to do with being Christian at all.

The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

In September 2012, The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA) announced that Chick-fil-A has "ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights." Chick-fil-A officials did state in an internal document that they "will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation." In a letter from Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate, the company states, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”

The problem was they were donating millions of dollars to organizations that were spreading hate through hard line political and religious views. The protest worked and is still working. The owner still has the same POV but seems to be backing away from donations to these certain political/religious groups. It has hurt their bottom line and their carefully crafted public perception. Homosexuality is a 'trend' in your words? That has to be one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard. Ignorance is usually no excuse but you are for sure a special case. Be sure to 'pray the gay away' and use other conversion therapy on people you view as not having equal rights to love others. If ending the spreading of hate is a 'trend', then what is left when the 'trend' ends?
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #92
lambeauleap87

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Two of the dumbest individuals that we have here.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #93
37Jetson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
How good can chicken really be? Is this in the context of versus other fast food chicken? Never been there.
They have great chicken no matter the context. Their waffle fries are also the best "fries" in the fast food industry.

It is a 30 minute drive to our closest Chic-Fil-A so I do not get there as often as I would like.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #94
Cisco69

Sure have. They actually have a secret menu which I just found about about and I've been going there for years. For instance did you know they have biscuits and gravy?
Cisco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #95
Whodatiz

So the individuals that eat at Chik-fil-a are sell outs? Man, close-minded thinking must work well for you sitting up on that pedestal of yours huh?

Quote:
Actually, he got that wrong. You do not even seem to know the definition. Not trying to say anybody should or should not eat there, just stating why they do not get my money. Want to sell out over a chicken sandwich, go for it. I hope you do not choke on it. Got a problem with that?

- JeremyNick
Whodatiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #96
cruiserdaddy7

Quote:
Two of the dumbest individuals that we have here. It has nothing to do with being Christian at all.

The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."

In September 2012, The Civil Rights Agenda (TCRA) announced that Chick-fil-A has "ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights." Chick-fil-A officials did state in an internal document that they "will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation." In a letter from Chick-fil-A’s Senior Director of Real Estate, the company states, “The WinShape Foundations is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”

The problem was they were donating millions of dollars to organizations that were spreading hate through hard line political and religious views. The protest worked and is still working. The owner still has the same POV but seems to be backing away from donations to these certain political/religious groups. It has hurt their bottom line and their carefully crafted public perception. Homosexuality is a 'trend' in your words? That has to be one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard. Ignorance is usually no excuse but you are for sure a special case. Be sure to 'pray the gay away' and use other conversion therapy on people you view as not having equal rights to love others. If ending the spreading of hate is a 'trend', then what is left when the 'trend' ends?
Why is it that whenever someone does not agree with homosexuality it is instantly an issue of hate? Can someone help me with that? Also I did not refer to homosexuality as a trend. I referred to the medias love for homosexual based news stories a trend. Hence the stories most recently about homosexual waiter/waitress.

You tell people to go joke on their sandwiches and say people are sellouts for eating at Chick-Fil-A. How is that not hateful? You are a walking, talking contradiction.

I stand by this company and their actions 110%. I also enjoy their food. They treat their employees right, their customers wonderfully, and their food is good. It is a perfect 10 for me.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #97
Deathgate

Quote:
Start with the basic, the reason they are so good. Chicken sandwich and waffle fries. Bun, chicken and pickles, yum!

ePack Id: goatcollector2012 - always looking to trade for Kitty Pryde, Black Cat or Rachel Summers cards - digital, base, inserts and sketches wanted
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #98
ilovethelakings
I make a lot of posts!

Quote:
The chicken soup is quite tasty, if you are into that type of thing. If you go the nugget/strip and/or waffle fries route, try all the sauces with each. Buffalo sauce with fries is like a party in your mouth and everybody's invited.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #99
TrueNE_09

This thread is pissing me off. I'm hungry, snowed in, and would give anything for these so-called chicken sandwiches, fries, nuggets, etc.

The biscuits and gravy part is what put me over the edge.....

Arrrgggh, it is killing me!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #100
Deathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
This thread is pissing me off. I'm hungry, snowed in, and would give anything for these so-called chicken sandwiches, fries, nuggets, etc.

The biscuits and gravy part is what put me over the edge.....

Arrrgggh, it is killing me!!!
And the worst part, even if you weren't snowed in, tomorrow is Sunday!

ePack Id: goatcollector2012 - always looking to trade for Kitty Pryde, Black Cat or Rachel Summers cards - digital, base, inserts and sketches wanted
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote