Blowout Cards Forums
AD Golden Auction 1 WEEKLY defualt

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > VINTAGE

Notices

VINTAGE Post your Vintage Cards Hobby Talk (Pre-1980's)

Old 08-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
DaaaaBears

Default Vintagecardprices.com any good?

Anyone use this site? Is it any good? Seems like most recent posts are very old lol
DaaaaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #2
mjohnatgt

Usually it's good, but now that PSA puts card sales values out for free and you can get free auction results from eBay from PWCC's portal, maybe not as useful as it was last year. It's so hard to keep subscription services alive when people are giving the milk away free.
I've seen the same complaint that they're not updating regularly posted on the Net54 vintage board.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
nman84

I used it for about 6 months but recently canceled since I have slowed down on purchases quite a bit. I found it useful and it was nice to see the trend in value over the past year, 3 years, 5 years, etc. I would recommend it but there are free options out there as the previous poster mentioned.
nman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
Daddymc

I use it all the time but may cancel once I’ve had a chance to evaluate Pwcc’s portal some
more.
Daddymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
DaaaaBears

Yeah, I just wanted to use the members expert knowledge on there because I am about to start a new collecting endeavor concerning junk era psa 10's and which sets they liked from the era - I wanted to target Fleer/Donruss cards and maybe Topps if they aren't too expensive - seems Topps psa 10's from that era go for more than the other 2 guys - I already have my vintage stuff from collecting for the last 35+ years, so, it's time to move on to something more challenging lol I hope it isn't a wasted effort
Old 08-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #6
rats60

You can get a 1 day subscription if you need to look up cards. It does track SGC and Beckett graded cards that aren't covered by the free PSA site. I don't think there is value beyond this (monthly or yearly subscription).
rats60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
DaaaaBears

Yeah, I think I am going to try and stay on the cheap end of the subscription options with them - I do use eBay a lot more now, but, not 100% convinced prices are real or just pipe dreams and do completed sales even pan out or is it all smoke and mirrors today? Look at 1980 Topps psa 10's for example - How fricken expensive are the top guys in that set?!?! Or is it all bogus, greedy asking prices that "look" like they ended at those prices, when in fact they can't even sell them or at a fraction of what they hope to get? 85' Fleer Nolan Ryan in 10, is $80 really what it goes for or is it really a $40 card that some bloke had his buddy bid up or hit the bin offer for them - at one point in time I owned about 30 copies of this card and all were in awesome shape, but, went for like $5-$10 if I was lucky lol

*yeah, I know 80' and 85' cards are technically not junk era, but, you guys catch my drift, right? I don't care about rookies, because got those covered a long time ago pretty much - I'm going after the Reggie's and Ryan's and Rose's in 10

Last edited by DaaaaBears; 08-05-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #8
Bowman1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaBears View Post
Yeah, I just wanted to use the members expert knowledge on there because I am about to start a new collecting endeavor concerning junk era psa 10's and which sets they liked from the era - I wanted to target Fleer/Donruss cards and maybe Topps if they aren't too expensive - seems Topps psa 10's from that era go for more than the other 2 guys - I already have my vintage stuff from collecting for the last 35+ years, so, it's time to move on to something more challenging lol I hope it isn't a wasted effort
You didn't mention years so just make sure VCP covers those in question.
Bowman1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #9
DaaaaBears

All years from 81-91 - Topps gross me out after 87 and up and that awful looking 2000 Donruss set will be avoided like the plague, but, everything else is up for grabs - I'm going to start at 81' Donruss, then move up each year, with all brands being eligible - hope it's fun! It'll be like a flashback to my childhood

May be the junk era, but, I bet it's gonna cost a decent amount with all of the players I want and in 10's.....AND NO WAVY PSA LABELS ALLOWED!!! Lol what's up with those anyways?!?!

Last edited by DaaaaBears; 08-06-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #10
dantheman514

I picked up a lot of 1981 Donruss stars/HOFers in PSA 10 grade on Ebay last year that I have not gotten around to listing for sale yet. Do you know which players you are looking for in this set? I may be able to help, but I don't know if the PSA labels are wavy. :-)
dantheman514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #11
ih8ca

I buy a lot of graded psa sets so VCP is a must an easy to use.
ih8ca is offline   Reply With Quote