Blowout Cards Forums
2024 Baseball

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping

Notices

Ebay/COMC/Online Selling/Shows/Paypal/Shipping Share online or show selling experiences. Ask questions about eBay, Paypal, COMC, shipping, etc...

Old 01-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #101
Tyler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Yeah I tried, lady told me no. Eek. It even noted $200 insurance on paypal when I purchased the label, now DC says $100. Hopefully all goes well and isn't even needed.
No crabby postal workers online to tell you no!
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:03 AM   #102
killerkadoogen
Banned

jeez why even bother sticky this

Last edited by killerkadoogen; 12-07-2016 at 11:28 PM.
killerkadoogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #103
arashY

I haven't sold a card on ebay in a while...is the current usps rate for shipping a card under 3oz in a bubble padded mailer $2.60ish?

Thank you
arashY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #104
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashY View Post
I haven't sold a card on ebay in a while...is the current usps rate for shipping a card under 3oz in a bubble padded mailer $2.60ish?

Thank you
$2.61 4 oz. or less.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:36 PM   #105
wyomedina

Not to change the subject, but why was Tyler banned? He seem liked the straightest arrow around. All I remember is that he made this thread and said to "NEVER ship in a PWE" then he shipped a member here cards in a pwe. Laughed my ass off.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:33 AM   #106
Ross

Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2017, 08:12 PM   #107
SPCRD

I have a Paypal question..

I sent some items to pwcc for them to sell, they sent me money by Paypal merchant, there was no fees by them sending this way. Is this basically like them sending Paypal friends and family or is it considered Paypal goods and service?

Reason I'm asking I'm trying to keep up with my total for the year and if you do over 20k good and services Paypal sends you a 10-99 form.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:16 AM   #108
chezball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCRD View Post
I have a Paypal question..

I sent some items to pwcc for them to sell, they sent me money by Paypal merchant, there was no fees by them sending this way. Is this basically like them sending Paypal friends and family or is it considered Paypal goods and service?

Reason I'm asking I'm trying to keep up with my total for the year and if you do over 20k good and services Paypal sends you a 10-99 form.
whether you get a 1099k or not all income should be reported.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:43 PM   #109
JDEsq09

When selling on ebay, would prospective buyers prefer purchasing an item for $1.49 and free shipping or 0.99 and .50 shipping?

Last edited by JDEsq09; 01-04-2018 at 09:19 PM.
JDEsq09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:04 PM   #110
mmjol

Default eBay selling issue

Hi guys,

First time poster here. I recently sold an MJ exclamation points insert. The buyer messaged me asking if I shipped internationally. When I replied I did not, he said it was fine because he lived in California. He then asked if I could insure for less than $100 because it would effect his taxes. The price of the auction was $1025. I’m a little nervous sending this out and anticipate him filing an issue once it is shipped. Should I cancel before he pays? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
mmjol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:39 PM   #111
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjol View Post
Hi guys,

First time poster here. I recently sold an MJ exclamation points insert. The buyer messaged me asking if I shipped internationally. When I replied I did not, he said it was fine because he lived in California. He then asked if I could insure for less than $100 because it would effect his taxes. The price of the auction was $1025. I’m a little nervous sending this out and anticipate him filing an issue once it is shipped. Should I cancel before he pays? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Cancel block and repirt him to ebay. What he is doing is against ebay rules
shrevecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:35 PM   #112
excel_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrevecity View Post
Cancel block and repirt him to ebay. What he is doing is against ebay rules
Second that
excel_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #113
OscarsCards

There has been a few years since my last ebay listing so I have some questions for sellers.

The one who's yanking my chains is the volume pricing discount option.

So for instance I have a listing with a lot of variations and as I understand it, if you buy a 4 copies of one card it'll get a discount. But what's up when someone wants to buy 4 different copies? Does the discount applies in this instance?

Does the volume pricing discounts sums up with multiple listings or it's only for each separate listing?

Edit:
P.S. does anyone uses listing promotion? what is a final fee if my promoted listing is bought?

Last edited by OscarsCards; 03-14-2020 at 06:06 AM.
OscarsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:55 AM   #114
kapitalcards

Hi everyone, new to selling cards on ebay and wondering how much detail to give in the description section. I always see people say "brand new" or "mint"...especially when selling lots/sets but I can't believe that every card is perfect and has no print lines, dimples, scratches, etc. If they were perfect, why don't keep them and get them graded, I think.

Also, I always see people just taking one (or two max) pictures and they can sell. Is that the strategy to take? I'm a little paranoid and think if I just took that approach, I would get called out for it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
kapitalcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:21 PM   #115
mnvikingstwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapitalcards View Post
Hi everyone, new to selling cards on ebay and wondering how much detail to give in the description section. I always see people say "brand new" or "mint"...especially when selling lots/sets but I can't believe that every card is perfect and has no print lines, dimples, scratches, etc. If they were perfect, why don't keep them and get them graded, I think.

Also, I always see people just taking one (or two max) pictures and they can sell. Is that the strategy to take? I'm a little paranoid and think if I just took that approach, I would get called out for it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I just go for the bare minimum. "This listing is for the card titled and pictured, shipping is $3 and free for additional items". Or if it's a variation qty listing "this listing is for one of the listed card, may not match the one pictured if multiple quantity". Condition as like new, and for products like Topps Mini or Panini Black put "many cards in the product are condition sensitive and have white corners/edges". Have only had 1 return recently for condition for legitimate surface scratches that scanner and I didn't see
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:44 PM   #116
swedenese

Hey everyone, I'm selling a Tua auto and had it listed at auction for $150 with a BIN of $300 since a previous one sold at $225. It just got bid up to $400 which is over the BIN. Are these scam bids? The high bidders seem to have decent feedback.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by swedenese; 08-02-2020 at 11:41 PM.
swedenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #117
packman80

So why is UPS and Fedex so crazy with their international rates? I was going to ship a large box to Germany did a online quote and both UPS and Fedex are like $700 as the cheapest to ship to Germany. USPS is around $100 to ship. How in the world can it be a $600 difference to ship a package. UPS and Fedex say they take about a week to get there and USPS can take 2-3 but still $600 for 1-2 weeks faster that's insane.
packman80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #118
dmcphee1118

Stupid question that i see conflicting information on. If you sell a card and use first class BMWT and your return policy is “buyer pays return shipping” what is the process? They file a return and can print their own shipping label through eBay?
When you get the card back, do you refund the total (card plus shipping) or just the card amount?
TIA. Haven’t had this come up yet but a friend did and I want to be prepared/help him figure it out.

dmcphee1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:13 AM   #119
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcphee1118 View Post
Stupid question that i see conflicting information on. If you sell a card and use first class BMWT and your return policy is “buyer pays return shipping” what is the process? They file a return and can print their own shipping label through eBay?
When you get the card back, do you refund the total (card plus shipping) or just the card amount?
TIA. Haven’t had this come up yet but a friend did and I want to be prepared/help him figure it out.

YOu refund the ful amount they paid if it is returned for not as described. If its returned for other reasons you are allowed to deduct what they paid you for shipping.

If you offered free shipping you have to return the full amount they paid regardless.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #120
dmcphee1118

Quote:
YOu refund the ful amount they paid if it is returned for not as described. If its returned for other reasons you are allowed to deduct what they paid you for shipping.

If you offered free shipping you have to return the full amount they paid regardless.

That makes sense. Thank you!

dmcphee1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #121
matt roberson

I cant find anything in this thread but does anyone know if I can pay for and print a label for a PWE instead of wasting all our stamps? I want to send Holly her single base card and for the life of me cant figure out how not to pay for first class or print postage from usps.

Or can I send PWE with a single stamp with the card being in a toploader?
Old 10-23-2020, 09:38 PM   #122
shrevecity

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
I cant find anything in this thread but does anyone know if I can pay for and print a label for a PWE instead of wasting all our stamps? I want to send Holly her single base card and for the life of me cant figure out how not to pay for first class or print postage from usps.

Or can I send PWE with a single stamp with the card being in a toploader?
Nope you cannot print a PWE through their system. There are ways you can print out stamps.

I would put a 70 cent stamp on it and mark it non machinable if using a toploader. If it was in a card saver then you can.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:45 PM   #123
matt roberson

Quote:
Nope you cannot print a PWE through their system. There are ways you can print out stamps.

I would put a 70 cent stamp on it and mark it non machinable if using a toploader. If it was in a card saver then you can.
Thanks! I’ve made her wait too long already I’ll just switch it to a card saver and get it in the mail tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:34 PM   #124
randino101

Just got hit with international fees on two BIN sales as the buyers are foreign & using a service like ShipMyCards. Didn't even realize I was signed up for eBay's Global Shipping Program (GSP).

While I like being able to have international sales exposure & not have to worry about the hassle of international shipping, I don't like eating these extra fees.

Short of not taking part in the GSP program altogether, is there any way to automatically have these international fees added to item's sale price for BIN items?

Thanks,

-R
randino101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #125
randino101

After thinking through this a bit more, I guess one could just opt out of GSP for a direct BIN listing, and then use it for BIN or Best Offer (or auctions) where the buyer's location could be vetted and then charge them a bit more to cover the fees when sending out an invoice.
randino101 is offline   Reply With Quote